youtu.be/l6wBiu6GjOc
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=tanoshii moomin
box.animerunkkari.org/Sekalaiset_ripit/Muumit_720p/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope.

Most comfy anime.

:/

Yes.

But again I need to ask, is this anime because it was animated in japan? The characters are finnish.

If this is anime, Spider-man the animated series is anime because it was also animated in japan. (and the only version of spider-man that actually reaches a non-cringe, watchable standard)

>the only version of spider-man that actually reaches a non-cringe, watchable standard
Are you trying to fuck with Tobey Maguire right now?

It's in a gray zone.
It uses things from both japanese and western animation, so it's hard to define.

>But again I need to ask, is this anime because it was animated in japan? The characters are finnish.
Yes, everything that is animated in Japan is called anime. However, Japanese calls anime everything that is animated, regardless of if it was western or Japanese animation.

>If this is anime, Spider-man the animated series is anime because it was also animated in japan. (and the only version of spider-man that actually reaches a non-cringe, watchable standard)
Are you talking shit about manga Spiderman?

I'm horrified about the Finnish redub they are going to do.

Man I fucking loved that show. I didn't even know it was animated in japan.

Are you talking shit about tokusatsu Spiderman?

I almost forgot about that one. Thanks for reminding me about that masterpiece.

Of course, and being from a Nordic country where moomins are respected I got to watch a proper quality dub as well.

The Japanese dub is also great, but I do take issue with the washed out colours in every Japanese copy I've seen. Made the spooky episodes such as pic related a lot less moody.

The moomin anime has clear Japanese influences and had a lot of creative freedom. The music and sound design, character designs and personalities etc are very anime.

I would, but there's no subs for it. It looks really comfy though, I remember watching the cartoon as a kid.

There are subs for the first 30 or so episodes floating around. Google it.

Which country? Here in Finland every kid have watched them I think

The originals aren't going anywhere. You just have to ignore the redub.

bump

The 90s revival has to be the most calming, aesthetic show of the franchise.

SHOCKEEEEER

The 1992 movie about the comet was pretty amazing. Watched it many times already and will do so again in the future.

I love Toves art on moomins

This piece of shit has ruined my sleep for few good days when I've seen it for the first time.
No horror movie has was even close to this level od spooks.

youtube.com/watch?v=EJBaHgWJX_Q
his theme keeps playing in my head every now and then

y

I have seen many nightmares of it :S

Wasn't someone interested in subbing it?

By the way, the translation project is still going. They released an episode last November.

Translation to what language?

English subs for Tanoshii Moomin Ikka.

If a Finnish book is adapted into an anime it's an anime. Rascal or Howl's Moving Castle aren't magically not anime because they adapted foreign source materials.

Please remember the Groke is just a lonely old lady who wants a companion and a hobby. If she didn't freeze shit to death she'd have a house full of cats. One time she really wanted a wooden pony because at least it wouldn't leave her like everyone else.

REMOVE FINN FROM RIGHTFUL RUSSIAN CLAY

When I was a kid, yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=IxJ-UzW99uU

Actually, I am watching it right now.

Obligatory for a Moomin thread
youtube.com/watch?v=eJv3UM-CuiY

Arabic is the scariest

Never watched it but when I worked in Finland they all really liked it.

i'm swedish myself and i think the swedish groke captures her best desu

THE HOHOL CLAY IS RIGHT THERE
JUST TAKE SOME YOU DOUBLE COSSACK

I speak arabic and that wasn't scary at all. It was a very standard arabic accent. The purple hippo actually sounded like he cared about his family and was much more formal than the english voice.

Unless you mean the groaning shit in which case the finland's swedish one was way scarier.

Where do I start with to get into this? In English

Why would you want to get into some obscure Finnish/ sweetish cartoon?

I'm honestly curious.

>obscure
Moomin is far from obscure user.

isn't this shit smurfs-tier?

Yea maybe it's popular in the nordic countries but go to the rest of the world and see how many people recognize it.

It's really popular in Japan. You can find merch of the characters everywhere.
Snufkin stuff is the most expensive.

Stop being ignorant, you embarrass yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=uWc828gGsro

I don't get it. Are you trying to prove your point by showing me a nordic documentary?

The video isn't available where I am which proves my point.

There's a japanese moomin theme park being opened in 2019, will there be a new anime?

It's ultra comfy, the books are great as well

watched it when I was 3 or 4,
>some people turned into pink clouds
scared the hell out of me, never watched it again

Is there anyone who can answer this? Where do I start? What should I watch? There are like a million adaptations

>japanese dub threatens to shoot her, hit her in the head, and beat her with the bat if she doesn't leave
>other ones ask her to go because she's scaring the flowers

>The video isn't available where I am
Sucks to be American.

It's kind of in a gray zone. It's based on Finnish books, the production company was a Finnish-Dutch joint effort iirc, and the Finnish author and her family controlled the production rather strictly and for example turned down the first attempts at adapting the Moomins by the nips which included driving cars and swearing or such. So it's not a full anime, because so much of the creative work, directing etc came from Finland and the japanese part was mainly animating the characters as instructed.

But it's a cartoon made in Japan, so in that sense it's anime.

Start with JewTube

Either the novels or watch the 90's anime (Tanoshii Moomin Ikka)

>character designs
They're based very faithfully on Jansson's work though?

I'm not though. I am currently in america for univ but I'm not american.

But either way instead of providing proof you're just calling me out on where I live. Which makes sense cause there is no proof because it is indeed obscure as fuck.

Keep projecting. And don't ever set your foot in Yurop.

Something tells me you're not a Britfag, and have never taken Moomin merch into a Chinatown restaurant before.

Your options for English subs are limited, but the English dub is widely available (but stops short of the full episode run). The Comet film is on BakaBT with English subs and Japanese audio, but the original lip sync was done for Finnish as it was commissioned for their theatres.

Which of the Japanese made series is this referring to? I know the original one was ridiculously off kilter and looks extremely dated now.

I was spooked by the white condom-like fuckers. They were so weird.

youtu.be/l6wBiu6GjOc

It seems you're the one projecting there fellow. Also there's more to the world than europe and the US.

Must suck to not be able to accept you're wrong and resort to baseless accusations.

I am indeed not from England. And have indeed never taken any kind of merch into a chinese restaurant. Unless you count my clothes but that's like mandatory, can't go walking around naked.

what's with the kappa?

don't remember that

The 1969 "Moomin" series

>Moomin (ムーミン Mūmin?) is a Japanese anime television series which was broadcast on Fuji Television between 1969 and 1970. The series is loosely based on the Moomin books by the Finnish author Tove Jansson.[1] A sequel series entitled Shin Muumin (New Moomin) was later released in 1972. However, Jansson never approved of these series due to dramatic changes in areas such as plot, atmosphere, and character personality.
>The series was never translated into any languages or released outside Japan. It is also notably different from the later anime television series Moomin, released in the early 1990s
>Tokyo Movie Shinsha undertook the production at first and drew Moomintroll's eyes like of Japanese children, who became an ordinary boy who occasionally fought or acted sly. To that, along with things such as Snufkin driving a car, Tove Jansson, the original author, angrily said: "My Moomin is no driver, fighter or moneymaker", an opinion shared by Hayao Miyazaki, who participated as an animator.

>This series has not been released on DVD, and there are no plans to do so.
>Given Jansson's distaste for the 1969 series, her heirs are unlikely to grant permission for a DVD release in the foreseeable future. Moreover, several conflicting copyright claims exist on the Japanese side.

that old is so bad

HD remastered Moomins airing in Finland soon

amazingly comfy.

boondocks is anime too then
thread when?

>Must suck to not be able to accept you're wrong

>and the only version of spider-man that actually reaches a non-cringe, watchable standard
It got kinda cringy after a couple of seasons.

About to start watching this. So which version is best? Most places seem to agree 90s version.

90s

Where the fuck are subs for all 78 episodes. I can only find through 52.

You start by not even considering watching it in English. It's very incompetently dubbed.

Either find the English-subbed Japanese dub of the show (Tanoshii Moomin Ikka) or grab the Swedish dub which is probably more readily available.

nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=tanoshii moomin

Yes, there are no subs for many episodes

Damn, OP, I used to like Snufkin. In sexual way

For some reason I always thought Moomins was a European show.

Worth getting the english dub off baka for twice the episodes or is it shit?

If it's the BBC dub then it has its moments. I'd watch the subtitled episodes with focus, leave the dub for background viewing.

Dunno, I have finnish episodes in VHS

I always thought the wizard was a badass mofo though.

Is there a complete version online in Finnish?

box.animerunkkari.org/Sekalaiset_ripit/Muumit_720p/
There was on this site but they took it down. I have all the episodes dub in Finnish. I guess I could make a torrent and seed

Couldn't seem to find a good torrent. Also there are other WMT shows I'd prefer to watch.

Please do

On it. Will link in a few

Here is torrent links, Japanese and Finnish dubs

First 72 episodes+comet movie (90s) and in second link 26 newer episodes (90s)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2f33a4196c728d658520adee4eed4b6db2dd4b7e
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d66d224821a4ddfec4a0809b55a832fe2bb3f14f

If you download, please also seed. We remastered these episodes in our Finnish imageboard.

Finnish or japanese? I can't speak nor understand neither

I won't be able to do this until tomorrow sorry but when I'm able to ill send forever

Since this exists I can't bother.

Is this with English subs?

>tumblr
>:/
Fuck off

You know it is possible to google something and have the image saved be from tumblr right?

why not change the filename then? you lazy fuck