Redpill me on college

Redpill me on college.

Because it seems like a huge waste of time unless you're pursing a medical degree, something dealing with engineering, or with law.

Yeah this is basically true, the education system is a scam if you're not in STEM but even then you get bombarded by BS social science "gen end" requirements that don't help you at all and exist to indoctrinate students into a certain ideology.

Only study a field that is guaranteed or extremely likely to get you a job.

Engineering and Medical are over-saturated unless you're
a) a woman
or
b) ok with working in the middle east

(((paperwork))) is necessary goy. skills come second to paperwork.

The actual act of going to college is considered the minimum now, even with a high demand degree. It's assumed you will get a >3.5 GPA throughout your collegiate career but this is expected while also beginning to network, taking on summer internships, and committing to extracurricular activities. If you go to college and do not get stellar grades in every course and do not have the means to take on an internship (such as needing to work full time to support yourself) you will be in roughly the same position as when you started with added debt attached to your name. I highly recommend doing the research to ensure you're attending a proper school where people in your field recruit more heavily, then taking steps to further ensure you can complete all work to a satisfactory level while juggling networking and summer internships. If you cannot do these things, I would suggest taking up a trade such as HVAC, CDL, contracting, etc.

OP. I'm about to graduate with a degree in evolutionary biology. Went in after serving in the military. Initially wanted to pursue medicine, and finished all the pre-reqs, but just said fuck it at the end (realized how much I actually hated medicine - former Corpsman).
The biggest problem with college is the bubble you're in. There is little to no discussion about careers and the classes don't set you up for success in an industry. There is a shit-ton of propaganda and brainwashing. Keep that in mind

It's ensures some of the most intelligent members of the white race won't breed. Takes them out of family mode during prime breeding age. Saddles them with debt so they are forced to be overworked after schooling and as a result are less likely to reproduce. Maybe 10 % of the males who go are actually of elite intelligence and should actually receive higher educating. The rest of males should be raising families. Woman should not be going to college at all.

>There is little to no discussion about careers and the classes don't set you up for success in an industry.
This is a good add-on to my point here . The reason internships are so highly valued (you will not get a job without one unless you have the networked connections) is because classes do not teach practical application of theory. Even upper level accounting courses in most schools do not even show the students simple things like QuickBooks.

As for the people saying that there is propaganda, brainwashing, indoctrination, etc: This is all observably false unless you're the type to go out of your way to find it.

sounds like you're already redpilled. And most white people are realizing this and college participation rates are going down. Now it's becoming more and more just mudshits who are going because they have this cargo cult mentality of "OH LAWD I'Z BE FINNA GETTIN DA DEGREE MANG AND IMMA GET DA BIX NOOD WHITE COLLA JOB, SON"

You do not need a degree for any "computer science" related fields. Network Engineering to Developers; all a HUGE waste of money. Code monkeys with student loans are considered a security liability.

Unless you need some kind of certification that requires it or you wish to go to grad school, wasting thousands of dollars for schooling freely available on the internet is considered abjectly retarded. My company is hiring kids while they're still juniors in HS and they're more qualified by their senior year than every single moron pushed out of university with a BS.

#
>be me
>take (((gen ed))) american history
>civil war was slavery because white people
>reconstruction was slavery because white people
>WWI was slavery because white people
>1920s was slavery because white people
>WWII was slavery because white people
>nuclear bomb was slavery because white people
>3 papers due, all about white guilt

I can confirm this as well. A friend of mine is a vice president for a large international defense contractor. The people he hires are those who generally go out of their way to self-study and self-develop. He has mentioned that the worst interviews he has are with kids, fresh out of college, who think they can slide right in, but have never done actual work in the field that he's in; these kids assume because they have a degree they can work in any field out of the door with no experience.

How can you fuck up so badly on something so simple?

>propaganda, brainwashing, indoctrination, etc: This is all observably false
I'd beg to disagree friend. I've seen my share. 1) my genetics professor started talking about healthcare and how ted Cruz's plan was going to kill us all. 2) I had to take a core class and it happened to be a literature class taught by a feminist, so we spent all our time talking about colonialism and white people were bad. Those are the only two that come to mind at this instant.
I will concede and say that most classes won't teach this, but i think it also depends on the course level and your major. I never heard anything relating to brainwashing in my 400 and 500 level STEM courses

Those elective requirements are fucking bullshit. I could've finished my undergrad education in like 2 years had I only needed to focus on the biology/chemistry/physics classes for my major. Every semester, like half the credits I took were for bullshit requirements. Things like needing to take english, writing, anthropology (which was straight up cultural marxism in a single semester), etc etc etc. And at least I was already redpilled enough at the time to avoid the really pozzed shit like women's studies and such.

So forcing students to take that bullshit, they ensure
1) we have to stay in school for years longer
2) we have to pay EXTRA MONEY because we need to pay for additional semesters
3) they get to artificially prop up bullshit departments like english, anthropology, women's studies, sociology, etc that no one bothers actually studying, but everyone ends up taking because they need elective credits from humanities.

This I'm a computer science major and everything you learn can easily be taught yourself. I'm seriously thinking about dropping and doing self study from courses like Lynda or tree house. Anybody have experience on this?

From- Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes
Book by Jacques Ellul
>A related point, central in Ellul's thesis, is that modem propaganda cannot work without "education"; he thus reverses the widespread notion that education is the best prophylactic against propaganda. On the contrary, he says, education, or what usually goes by that word in the modem world, is the absolute prerequisite for propaganda. In fact, education is largely identical with what Ellul calls "pre-propaganda ”the conditioning of minds with vast amounts of incoherent information, already dispensed for ulterior purposes and posing as "facts" and as "education." Ellul follows through by designating intellectuals as virtually the most vulnerable of all to modem propaganda, for three reasons: (1) they absorb the largest amount of secondhand, unverifiable information; they feel a compelling need to have an opinion on every important question of our time, and thus easily succumb to opinions offered to them by propaganda on all such indigestible pieces of information; (3) they consider themselves capable of "judging for themselves." They literally need propaganda.

This is horrible advice.

I'm really hoping that there will be a major paradigm shift in education that focuses more on self-study and just taking certifications.

Like, imagine if all you needed to do to get a degree was demonstrate that you had adequate knowledge in various fields. So, say, to get a biology degree, you just need to pass exams for general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, etc. And that you could just schedule these tests at testing centers like you would for SATs or MCAT or whatever else. And you could choose to sign up for online or live courses to learn the information on your own, or you could just choose to do the studying totally independently.

I mean, this is sort of how things already work for certain fields. I'm a pharmacist and I needed to take boards after getting my degree to get certified in the state I work in. Now for professional degrees like pharmacist, doctor, etc I do think an actual school is required because it's highly specialized education for a specific profession, but why not just make it so for engineering or humanities degrees or whatever, you can just self-study and demonstrate adequate knowledge equivalent to doing through college? Sort of like skipping highschool and going for a GED.

Even if you get an engineering degree or something in computers, you have a ton of competition from, not only people with the same degree, but even work hired from other countries. Learn a skill. A mechanic, heating/cooling repair, metal-work, construction, ect... Things that people will always need that pay well that no one wants to do but others always need. Skills that you can actually sell even if you're not employed. Also, you can always do more artistic things on your spare time and read up on it.

Guys, I'm in school for bachelors electrical engineering right now but I don't know how to get relevant work experience. What companies or positions are good for my major, because I don't want to get out of school without any experience in the field..

Apply for internships. You should be able to get a paid internship with EE. Use your Universities career services to help. You are paying for it with your tuition dollars.

Instead of typical summer jobs, try landing summer internships. They will provide networking opportunities, and possibly hire you on full time (I've seen it happen) after you graduate.

College seems to be on some MK ULTRA type brainwashing shit. I've had friends whom I have known for years and they slowly became different (more "progressive") people. It's more about indoctrination than it is education nowdays. Find a trade or apprenticeship. You won't regret it