Texhnolyze

Is there any anime that comes close to being this depressing?

GE999

Serial Experiments Lain
Angel's Egg

Victory Gundam and Tetsujin 28-Go (2004) are pretty fucking depressing, too.

clannad after story

I'd rather gouge out my eyes than watch depressing shit again

Now and Then, Here and There

Phantom of a Requiem.
The end of Texhnolyze just made me say "Well fuck" but Phantom had me thinking what couldve been for a good week after I finished it.

Berserk's pretty rough.

>Angel's Egg
I love the atmosphere of that one. The idea of all the characters wondering alone for so long that they can't remember who they are or what they're looking for. Chasing shadows of what once gave them faith.

It's haunting.

>Phantom of a Requiem.
The last episode was pretty depressing, but I wasn't sure whether it made me sad or angry. the way that the tragedy comes out of nowhere at the last minute and that those responsible get off scot-free.

Probably NTHT. I can't think of another anime that's been as hopeless as Texhnolyze without coming off as edgy or laughably grimdark.

The middle part of Haibane Renmei was pretty depressing and Kino's Journey the one episode with the machine's meant to replace someone's family had its moments

The ending literally broke my spirits and will to live. Had a not watched a comedy right after i may have ended myself that night

At least it has a happier ending than texhnolyze

Why did the surface people stop caring about life? Also, were most of the "people" on the surface ghosts at the time of the series?

One Punch Man
It's the one I forced myself to watch when I was having a near death experience.

Just watched ep 1 of texhnolyze, was tired as fuck. Didn't help that it had like 3 lines of dialogue.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to continue this or watch serial experiments lain.

Kuzu no Honkai

Does my life count as an anime?

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei was depressingly bad

Casshern Sins got me pretty bad

No, the town was a peak into the abyss of madness and decay.
You should be asking which classical paintings it can be compared to instead.