Can someone explain why SecDef Mattis isn't permanently in his Marine uniform...

Can someone explain why SecDef Mattis isn't permanently in his Marine uniform? As SecDef it would make sense to where your military uniform, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A secdef isn't even supposed to be military in the first place.

uh.... wut? Why?

Because people who instated this preferred for a civilian to keep the military in check.

Because he's not in the marines anymore? It would not make sense for him to wear his uniform, as he is no longer in the military, is no longer a military officer, and the SecDef is not/does not act as a general.

Because secretary of defense is a civilian position, not a military one, and the political culture of the United States is opposed to military governance. The law of the land mandates civilian control over the military.

Mattis is a puppet with no children and no family who will happily give the order to send someone else's kid to battle to fight for ZOG in the middle east.
He was a general in Iraq and that was a massive fuckup.
Why do military idiots suck this old childless fag's dick so much??

>law of the land mandates civilian control
You have any idea how many ex-military presidents we've had?

>suck this old childless fag's dick
I'm not actually one of those for many the same reasons you are, but I want my SecDef to have the "tough" optics the military should.

There's a difference between being a veteran and currently serving in the military.

>ex
Yeah exactly.
The point is not being like one of those third world countries where everybody in power is military.

>ex-military presidents
>ex-military
>ex

Define ex:

meaning “not” or “without” or indicating a former title, status, etc.

KYS

>everybody in power is military
at this point, depending one what their politics is, I'd be fine with this desu

No you wouldn't

Try being in the military for a few years before you say that.

Mattis and Lindsey Graham are probably into the kids menu from the basement of a pizza restaurant hidden in Washington DC. Spirit cooking, sacrifices and shit.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

This. We had to waiver Mad Dog to even be able to be Sec Def. We did it because God damnit.

Former Marine who's met mattis, have yourself a mad dog.

there was a development where one of the kids was seen wearing a shirt that said "Pizza Slut" on it instead of Pizza Hut.

PizzaGate was WAY too rabbit hole for me to really dig into, but I've seen enough stuff ambiently to know shit's fucked.

Mattis is corrupt; entirely undeserving of your admiration.

Look up Theranos. He tried to help this woman scam the DoD with fraudulent medical equipment.

>Mad Dog
Did you know that Mattis testified before congress that "Mad Dog" is a nickname the media made up?

>"That [Mad Dog] nickname was given to me by the press, and some of you may have experienced similar occasions with the press where perhaps they didn't get it quite right," Mattis said during his testimony.

The military may be stupid, but the modern civilian world is absolutely batshit insane. Junta my shit up sempai.

You have any idea how many active military presidents we've had?

His demenor is a put on for you plebs.

Thinking that he is anything but your average Joe with a little more initiative and intelligence is moronic.

I bet he really thinks Marines dutifully earned the title of 'Dog'.

His real callsign is "Warrior Monk" or something in reference to his celibacy, right?

Epic memes bro

technically all since they're the head of the military.

The idea that somebody like my last battalion commander (by my judgement, a good and effective military officer) ought to be in charge of my life (still today), and my friends and family is very off putting.

The military is not for everyone, it's approach is not reasonable for all of society. It's approach is also often extremely bureaucratic and complicated at times. People think the military will come in and "get things done" like when they storm a beach or seize an airfield... the reality is that the military is a massive bureaucray and it's method is painfully bureaucratic. Running a country isn't like leading a platoon on patrol, so you don't end up with dynamism and "problem solving" irl with military government.

But as a CIVILIAN, as in not an active officer or enlisted member of the military.

civilians and citizens.

Make a hard distinction between the two and you're problem is solved.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc

His studdering cringy answers make him seem more like a mad dog catcher from a small town

He cant even take on the transgenders, and he lies when he takes credit from Assad/RUAF for destroying ISIS

>thread moved to Sup Forums
inb4 Sup Forums freaks out about the truth being stated in a /k/ thread because they're not mature enough to handle anything but memes

piss off /k/unt

Trump realized he had to worship the military to appeal to conservatives, the military is the conservatives special welfare minority that they get emotional for. But he fucked up putting these corrupt generals in high positions

Mattis is a swamp creature who needs to be drained. A lawful society would hang him for his crime (trying to sell fraudulent medical equipment to the military.)