Is it really chuunibyou if you actually have powers?

Is it really chuunibyou if you actually have powers?

Other urls found in this thread:

konosuba.wikia.com/wiki/Adventurer's_Card
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

It's chuuni when you're saying unnecessary stuffs just to sounds and looks cool.

It is when you blow your capabilities way out of proportion.

>out of proportion

That's an entire city on the right

Whatever.
Mehu a shit and Darkness is better.
I'm now a devout follower of her.

Still have many many things it can't destroy at once. And the caster have so many other limitations. Not to mention bragging about stuff and capabilities she doesn't have.

>chuunibyou

Is saying you'll be Hokage one day Chunni-b-you after you pass the Chunnin exam?

>Scorch Release: Halo Hurricane Jet Black Arrow Style Zero
Goddammit Minato

Explosion is always played for laugh so I didn't really consider it until now but imagine the death and destruction Megumin could unleash on a town if she was so inclined, I know I wouldn't sleep soundly knowing the crazy explosion girl lives in the same city as me.

Humans have powers, in a sense. You're still a chunni if you're confidence is totally out of proportion to them and your competence.

But you get the succubus, I think that makes up for it.

This is probably why they don't let Megumin drink

The real question is why the insane mages with retard genes are left free to wander the lands with the power to unleash small tactical nukes with absolutely no control over them ?

>retarded
>the top scoring student in a prestigious magic academy

You know exactly what I meant you sassy cunt.

> Wander the lands
Their village is in the middle of a high level forest. Standard adventurers can't even reach the village, never mind an army full of low level merchants farmers rise quickly through the ranks

>Mehu a shit and Darkness is better.
I'd fight you...
>I'm now a devout follower of her.
but this past episode is still probably the hardest I've laughed at this show since the OVA.

>forgetting that he then realized how chunni it sounded

>you are a retard for not reading my mind over the Internet and realizing that I meant to say something totally different than what I actually typed

Get out.

Because playing nice with the mage clan has far more benefits than drawbacks.

A wizard with no sense of delusion is a failure. Theatrics is important!

That isn't how this internet thing usually works?

Still, the name is 11 Kanji long.
WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE THINKING

I'm defaulting to "It's Naruto I ain't gotta explain shit."

What did he mean by this?

Is it really chuunibyou if there are no secondary schools in-universe?

> no secondary school
Why would Fantasy Australia not be filled with trade guilds and apprenticeships?

>Implying Straya isn't a fantasy land already

Because no one is retarded enough to learn EXPLOSION spell, since it is totally useless.

this you have rodents that tower over humans that can punch and slice you open with a kick. Birds so fucking big they think they are fucking velociraptors and every other wildlife might as well be a high level raid boss

>Still have many many things it can't destroy at once.

Yea and those things don't show up all to often. She's still a walking WMD

An Explosion spell literally saved Megumin's life

It's worth noting that the power of non-focused bare-handed explosion was still enough to make an onsen crater. Too bad Megmeg is too much of a freak and doesn't bother optimizing her builds.

Yunyun is of far more superior battle capabilities.

I shudder to imagine Kazuma on onion ducks learning high-manacost spells. He can keep casting em up with DORAINO TOUCH.

>Too bad Megmeg is too much of a freak and doesn't bother optimizing her builds.

She's completely optimized though. optimized for creating the biggest baddest explosion she can.

>creating the biggest baddest explosion she can
Once a day.

Damn she really needs the mana pump.

If only mana could be refilled like it is in Fate

> Kazuma
> a person of limited magical talent from a race of limited magical talent
> Competing with literal GMO wizards in ANY way
His power stat is LCK/P2W, not MAG.

>P2W

ha

There are at least three solutions: kaleidoscopic staff, godhood and manatite. One enhances natural regeneration of mana, the other allows believers share a part of their faith as mana and the latter stores a set amount.

His MAG somewhat improved with levels so it's not impossible. P2W for lots of LVLUP potions, get drunk on them, cast buffs on oneself.

Nigga, she is so optimized her mana pool drains from her HP.

Megumeme is the only good thing about this shitshow. Still not gonna make me watch S2.

Congrats. You just literally wasted everyone's time transforming the weakest class to a mid level intermediate magic user.

Keep in mind that Kazuma is blacking out from using CANTRIP tier magic. That's a far cry from explosion magic.

You can still have the mannerisms of a chuuni.

Reminder that Wizz is the strongest spell caster in tow, as told by megumeme her self.

Right now Kazuma is optimized to be the most comfy motherfucker whatsoever with a surprise addition of drain touch and several thief skills.

Wouldn't intermediate magic in addition to that be useful? Especially spells like teleport or spellbind.

Yeah, regular crimson demon graduates can cast blazing tornadoes, but can they combat an invisible magical sniper with superb accuracy and luck?

A level 10 can't out-magic a lich? What incredible news. She does it later after grinding a bit.

You don't seem to appreciate the magical hierarchy.

Babby's first spellcasting starter pack ~~~Kazuma's HERE~~~
Low level magic
Intermediate level magic
Advanced Magic
Destruction Magic
Blast Magic
Explosion Magic ~~~Megumin STARTS here~~~

The level of magic Kazuma uses is SO LOW that the spell caster meta skips it outright. It's such a level of awfulness that the only people who choose beginner magic are idiots with no talent whatsoever.

Teleport costs a shitton of mana. Most Crimson Demons can only cast it once a day. You need to understand that Megumin is legitimately an archwizard among archwizards and basing spell cost estimations off of her is bad.

He does eventually cobble a spellbind capability together out of a weak rope manipulation spell and really expensive rope.

Don't forget Kazuma's based knowledge of strong knots.

Of course i don't appreciate the magical hierarchy. People who do rarely invent something new.

Your hierarchy is factually wrong too. Explosion is a spell, there's not a subcategory for it, AFAIR it belongs in Detonation class which is on the same level as Destruction and Demolition. Also I've never seen the distinction between Babby's starter and Low level so they are basically the same. Advanced is what Crimson Demons are expected to learn saving their skill points, but Intermediate is what YunYun was forced to learn.

That's a regular bind. I'm talking about spellbind — akin to silence. It requires no rope and Chris knows it.

If anything moreso, because in a world with literal magic there's even less reason to act chuuni, yet she does anyhow.

>the top scoring student in a prestigious academy
She's a Steph

> Muh headcanon
Please leave.
Explosion is the endgame of all endgame spells. Even the standard arch wizard can't cast it and Megumin is the cream of the crop.

Crimson semens raise their kids using munchkin strats so they can start with advanced magic. It is unnatural and not seen outside their genetically modified clan.

Low level magic is rarely discussed because no one in Axel is shown as a low level magic user. It is not explained where they are or what they do, but if it's anything like crimsons they are elsewhere, studying magic. Axel is not a magic academy so it makes sense to not find many wizards.

So stop making shit up. Kazuma will NEVER be a high tier magic user. He lacks the talent. He lacks the patience+hard study. There are not enough Eris artifacts in the world to make him competent next to a real magic user.

Megumin isn't an easy-to-bully limp noodle though.

Also worth noting that while explosion is THE best spell in terms of damage per mana spent, there are bound to be other peaks on the mana curve. I would have picked scalable repeatable spells over one-day-all-or-nothing explosion. Light of saber, sleep, etc. look like these spells.

What headcanon? I base my statements on the translated novels. Your point about Axel still stands, but so far your assumptions are as good as mine in terms of accountability.

Well, she DOES turn into a wet noodle after an explosion though

I know what you mean of course

I want them to hook up so fucking badly. This is taking too long.

see you in volume nine

Are you ok

There was an attempt in spinoff 4, you'll see when the chapter 4 fanfic comes out

I liked it better when chuuni was just chuuni instead of anyone who boasts.

>Headcanon
It's the part where you assume Kazuma has any talent whatsoever. Don't forget his stats were SO low he could not even choose between the lowest level thief, fighter, or mage. He could only pick the generic nonclass "Adventurer".

That is not a man capable of casting great magic.

Later on he had the option to class change but decided against it in order to better support his party.

You can tell that his magical capability has increased overtime when you compared his first create water to the one he used on darkness.

While Explosion is in a category (not a tier) of its own, that user seems to be thinking it's like Flare or Meteor spells from some Final Fantasy game. It's almost explicitly a parody here, since nobody but the abnormal Megumin or Wiz could cast it.

Kazuma had the option to change to a Thief, but he decided against it since the Adventurer class has the perk of learning all skills. He's determined to stay an adventurer to learn useful skills like Cooking and Smithing to improve his quality of life or assist in inventing patents.

>It's chuuni when you're saying unnecessary stuffs just to sounds and looks cool.

President Trump fit in this description, he´s Chuuni?

> After gaining many levels and killing LITERAL demon bosses, Kazuma is finally strong enough to switch to a basic starter class
Does that sound like a competent hero to anyone?

If you consider anime canon, then this: konosuba.wikia.com/wiki/Adventurer's_Card

It took him 6 levels to get to tenth of Megumin magic power at the start of her journey. That's even before defeating Beldia.

Clearly possible and faster than you think.

>killing LITERAL demon bosses

sounds competent to me

>an attempt
No user, dont you dare to call Kazumas spaghetti dropping "an attempt"

I'd stay as an adventurer too. Being able to learn all skills is great, just look at the garbage isekai skill gainers everywhere else. He doesn't have any legendary swords that most real heroes get in the first place.

> Cherry picking levels
Assuming Kazuma gets 2 MAG per level, by the time Kazuma hits 99 which would be the biggest writer blunder possible his MAG will still be lower than a level 6 megumin.

So assume Kazuma ascends to some kind of max level, he MIGHT be on the same level as a Crimson clan child.

Yes.

>Yunyun is of far more superior battle capabilities.
Yunyun would never be able to take out Vanir though.

Megumin is perhaps one of the only people in the entire world capable of doing so. Who else could? The royal family probably, Wiz, Aqua, maybe some nip cheaters. Most people can't unleash the necessary destructive or holy power to actually harm him to the point of destruction, all other Crimson Mages included.

Kazuma doesn't need any stats other than luck though. Luck is overpowered in fantasy Australia

Any stat cranked up to a million is overpowered. The best fantasy worlds are the ones where all the strats are OP.

Megumin DOES have powers, but she also claims to have been an evil god in a past life and that if she doesn't do her One-Explosion-Per-Day that KABOOM will happen.

Also the lie detecting bell didn't ring so she really believes that (or Aqua was interfering but who knows).

Have you not even watched the series? She's being bullied in pretty much every episode.

This user gets it. As soon as Kazuma rationalised picking the Adventurer as him looking to be a Spellsword, I knew he was alright.

The only thing better than stabbing or burning your enemy is stabbing and burning them at the same time.

She gets her revenge and bullies back.

I'm up to date with the fanfic and aside from the cracker I can't recall the last time Kazuma bullied her.

There was also stealing her panties.

>The real question is why the insane mages with retard genes are left free to wander the lands
This is comedy, user.