Why is it illegal to torture animals? They aren't even real. They just walk around eat something and sleep...

Why is it illegal to torture animals? They aren't even real. They just walk around eat something and sleep. They can't even feel pain. When they scream it's just a chemical reaction forcing them to talk to other animals know they're in danger and that's it. And no I'm not chinese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OoridxUp1nA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"Animal Rights in Light of the Bible" (independent fundamental Baptist preaching)

youtube.com/watch?v=OoridxUp1nA

I know we always give Canadian posters shit but you are legitimately disgusting

How about we torture Canadians instead. They aren't even real

>Leaf

the day of the rake is coming, my barnyard friends and I will enjoy turning leafs like you into compost.

>Why is it illegal to torture animals? They aren't even real

You

People are animals
&
It's only illegal if you are caught.

You could say the same about humans. Some animals are truly mindless, but some are sort of semi-conscious and they can feel pain.
Either way, that's not the real reason animal cruelty shouldn't be tolerated. They kill or eat each others alive all the time in the wild. It's because it's psychologically unhealthy and it can lead to other psychopathic behaviors. Humans are like that.
But since it's a judgmental thing (doesn't matter if it's based in reality) allowing animal cruelty might eventually become a liberal cause if it wasn't that it was in conflict with degrading humans by considering them equal to lower lifeforms.

Humans are animals. Why is it illegal to torture humans?

"Our common speech contains numberless verbs with which to describe the infliction of violence or cruelty or brutality on others. It only really contains one common verb that describes the effect of violence or cruelty or brutality on those who, rather than suffering from it, inflict it. That verb is the verb to brutalize. A slaveholder visits servitude on his slaves, lashes them, degrades them, exploits them, and maltreats them. In the process, he himself becomes brutalized. This is a simple distinction to understand and an easy one to observe. In the recent past, idle usage has threatened to erode it. Last week was an especially bad one for those who think the difference worth preserving."

Animals can't construct a higher myth of their collective being because they cannot communicate on a mass scale through language. They have no moral structure, no religious beliefs, and no sense of community beyond their immediate pack. This lack of unifying myth allows humans to place their ethical code onto animals, what we do to them is our choice.

I keep trying to convince my friends and family members that Canadians are amoral subhumans but they don't believe me.

People care about animals because they project humans on then
Nobody gives a shit about insects and shit that isn't cute

Everyone on earth should be killed for being things I don't personally like. I don't know why everyone stopped killing each other during the modern age but we should go back to that. The powerful should destroy the weak until there's nothing left. That's the purpose of this universe.

Outed yourself as a muslim, Leaf. Muslims believe animals don't have souls and don't go to their heaven. They see them as tools to be used like objects.

Christians see animals as being one with God, they never suffered the fall of Man and have remained contiguous with God the whole time, and to be friends with an animal is to know heaven.

I think you're partially correct but misguided. Inflicting torture does indeed induce psychopathy or psychological damage, but this is if you are forced to inflict torture. Non-sociopaths would never voluntarily torture an animal to begin with, whether it was criminal or not.

Animal cruelty, in my mind, is a crime because humans instinctively de-incentivize/criminalize sociopathy or sociopathic behaviors.

>Animals can't construct a higher myth of their collective being because they cannot communicate on a mass scale through language. They have no moral structure, no religious beliefs, and no sense of community beyond their immediate pack. This lack of unifying myth allows humans to place their ethical code onto animals, what we do to them is our choice.

Christians also do not see animals as having souls, not just muslims

>leaf
>anime poster
yeah kys

> When they scream it's just a chemical reaction forcing them to talk to other animals know they're in danger and that's it. And no I'm not chinese.
You just described yourself. Probably a Muslim or Dindu.

>leaf
>probably a chinaman too

I don't think animals are people but they deserve a certain amount of respect. I know my dog would die to protect me and my family and I love him for that.

Is it OK to kill a fish with a knife? Is it morally repugnant to kill a fish by decapitating it?
One would assume Jesus killed many fish during his life

>Non-sociopaths would never voluntarily torture an animal to begin with, whether it was criminal or not.
Yeah for adults, probably. For young children, it's different though.
What we consider psychopathic behavior is what allows humans to survive in certain environments. If you act like it's normal to torture animals or even people around children, they'll pick up on it.

And when you hunt or slaughter an animal it deserves a clean ethical kill.

>They aren't even real.
>animals are not real
you fucking leaf

Day of the rake cant come sooner

Limey talking about raking Canada while his country is being overrun by hoards of 3rd worlders

90% of the children lack enough empathy skills, so they would get marked as psychopathic. Good thing we know that they almost 100% time grow up and develop a healthy empathy towards living things.

I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is.

Yes, civilization is a learned behavior. Yes, civilization is not the state of nature.

What is your point? The context was "why is animal cruelty against the law?" And I gave my answer. Because in a civilized society, sociopathic behaviors are discouraged.

Human beings discourage sociopaths from their ranks by inter-policing behavior. If someone treats animals kindly they probably are less likely to commit murder than the person who delights in maiming and torturing animals.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand. Whether or not morals are a social construct, "muh state of nature", is all bullshit. Human beings form society then formulate laws. Laws are derived with harm prevention in mind.

Real Talk the leaf is right, it should not be illegal to torture animals even though it is a moral and unethical. At least it shouldn't be illegal in a Multicultural Society where different subjective value systems are in play.

>If someone treats animals kindly they probably are less likely to commit murder than the person who delights in maiming and torturing animals.
Following this logic would mean farmers would be considered outcasts in every society that has existed throughout history. This isn't the case
>Laws are derived with harm prevention in mind
Not necessarily, slavery was commonplace in western society up until the 19th century, long after the magna carta and us constitution were formed

It may be real or it may be not. The question is: Is right to inflict great pain to beings that could feel it? Only the possibility makes it wrong

Raising and caring for an animal before humanely slaughtering it is different from torture, you feckless little goblin.

I'd say that it depends on intelligence.
Fish actually can't feel pain and i think torturing them is something that shouldn't be illegal, but you're still a sick fuck and it's obvious that you're projecting your anger onto the animal.
Dolphins, for example, shouldn't be tortured or killed because of their extreme intelligence compared to most other animals.

>Raising and caring for an animal before humanely slaughtering it is different from torture
So ensuring pigs don't run away by slicing it's nose off, which causes immense pain isn't torture? Slicing their nose off makes them dependent on humans because they cannot search for food themselves. You're alive today because of these farming practices, and your fairytail understanding of traditional farming practices is delusion.

I got my dick chopped up by a jewish doctor so fairs fair.

How can you be this ignorant? I thought psychopaths were supposed to be smart.

Slicing a pig's nose off in that case would have utility. That is still not torture. Inflicting harm for a reason is not torture. Inflicting harm for no reason is torture. This is the distinction.

Consider also that maiming a pig in this fashion removes it from nature. No longer does the pig have to worry about predators. It can live a carefree life at some cost. Again, torture is just hurting animals for no reason whatsoever.

And as for slavery, slavery was commonplace in every civilization until the 19th century. And even before it was outlawed in the US, it was extremely controversial. But this is totally irrelevant to animal torture.

lol exactly

T: Wang from Vancovuer

This is how humans work too.

>Canada
>im not chinese
k lol

>Slicing a pig's nose off in that case would have utility. That is still not torture. Inflicting harm for a reason is not torture. Inflicting harm for no reason is torture. This is the distinction.

the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment OR to force them to do OR say something, OR for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.

They keyword here being "or", and forcing them to do or say something (in this case keep them from running away) is the definition of torture. You're cherrypicking at dictionary definitions as a last resort to your argument, and even that proves you wrong

Only shitskins torture animals

***tor·ture- the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment OR to force them to do OR say something, OR for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.

The dictionary definition you are citing is literally describing acts against humans, not animals.

Read up on codes and laws for animal abuse.

Look dude, whether you understand this shit or not, I don't care. I'm explaining to you why the laws are what they are. If you want to put on a fedora and start tipping it acting like a farmer slaughtering a sow he raised for 2 years is just the same as some psycho taking a blow torch to a dog, then fine. Believe that. I can't make you not stupid.

Fuck you.

My sympathy have always sided with animals above people. They are so pure and untainted. When I see humans skinned and tortured to death I feel nothing since they are with sin (non-biblical).

Torturing an animal is akin to torturing the very essence of purity and the divine.

My soul may be a withered a viscous and withered thing, but you are without soul.

The abyss waits for you.

>The dictionary definition you are citing is literally describing acts against humans, not animals.
But the whole premise of your argument is animals should have the same rights as humans. You're the one who brought up the textbook definition of torture, not me.

I think this is the true mark of the white man.
White people are the only race that doesn't systematically torture animals.
They are a lower species but we have compassion and treat them well
>that's how we treat niggers too
>ps. have you ever seen how angry a farmer gets with coyotes? take that as a warning ahmed, chan, and jamaal