RAIN WIND SHADOW WOOD SWORD THUNDER POWER SLEEP! CARDCAPTORS OF THE CLOW, EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED NOW!

RAIN WIND SHADOW WOOD SWORD THUNDER POWER SLEEP! CARDCAPTORS OF THE CLOW, EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED NOW!

THE SECRETS OF THE CLOW

WERE ALL A MYSTERY

BUT WHEN THAT MIGHTY BOOK WAS OPENED THE POWERS WERE SET FREE!

what WERE they thinking trying to make Sha the MC?

Sakura's still the MC. Syaoran was just buffed on his already Deuterprotagonist role.

>best anime in history has the worst western dub in history

>Sakura's still the MC.
In what way? They took out all of her backstory and started the show right at episode 7. They were clearly trying to make it so both her and Shaoran were co stars.

They dubbed every episode you know. Kids WB were the fucks to skip ahead to Ep8.

The dubbed DVD release still had edits to it. Hence why they had to release them on separate disks than the subbed version.

>CCS dub is the worst dub ever

Come on now, it's not THAT bad. It's your average bad 90s kids dub but it's not the absolute worst one ever.

The voices are really quite bad. The only dub I can think of that's worse is Saber Marionette J. But editing out 2/3 the show and changing the story is not defendable in any way. Just like its not acceptable for Sailor Moon.

Cutest couple in the history of anime

Until the sequel comes out and ruins them forever.

>That feel when pokemon had the best 90s kids' dub.

And the call to make Syaoran equal to Sakura was Kids WB's deal and ONLY theirs. Nelvana was happy to leave his importance the same as it was in Japan.

>The voices are really quite bad
Only Sakura's was really that off in my opinion, but that's just because while Carly McKillip was what one would consider the ideal person to play an 11-year-old girl (because she was an 11-year-old girl) her voice was it too mature-sounding and doesn't gel.

Which again I find hilarious because the 11-year-old girl doesn't sound like an 11-year-old girl despite being voice my 11-year-old girl.

Jelly Donuts

>blushing shaoran

Shaoran a cute. A CUTE

the animax dub is ok. at least sakuras voice is cute

dont you dare post the original OP or i will nostalgiagasm

CARDCAPTORS! A MYSTIC ADVENTURE!

CARDCAPTORS! A QUEST FOR ALL TIME!

EACH CARD POSESSES A POWER OF ITS OWN, WE'VE GOT FIGHT TO BRING THE POWER HOME!

>he hasn't seen the Pokémon XY dub

Besides, the Sakura dub was fine if you lived in the southern hemisphere. The lnkyonly complaint I can think of is cutting huge chunks from the second arc because romance, but the second arc is shit in any language, so anything that makes it shorter is a good thing.

DREAMING
DREAMING

>make it so both her and Shaoran were co stars
They didn't really have to do anything then, they're already co-stars in the original.

Sakura is my Daughter

>Besides, the Sakura dub was fine if you lived in the southern hemisphere.
If you mean, latin dubs, they usually are much better than American ones. And usually don't remove stuff from the show. I had to watch Sailor Moon Stars in Spanish because there was no way to see it in America (until I found the fan sub).

>The lnkyonly complaint I can think of is cutting huge chunks from the second arc because romance, but the second arc is shit in any language, so anything that makes it shorter is a good thing.
Well...doesn't that mean the dub wasn't fine?

>They didn't really have to do anything then, they're already co-stars in the original.
Nah, Sakura was clearly the single main character and Shaoran was one of the many secondary characters. Shaoran gets even less focus than Yukito or Touya in the first and second season.

I meant the dub that aired in Australia. The one that was the same as the American one, but had the real intro and wasn't out of order.

See? Nelvana wasn't the problem, Kids WB was.

Sakura is the cutest and most perfect girl ever produced by the Chinese cartoon factories.

Yup.

thoughts on clear card arc?

>Well...doesn't that mean the dub wasn't fine?

Maybe if you like romance. If you're me and you hate it then the Sakura Card Romance Bullshit Arc being short is good.

Well I do like Romance. But romance wasn't the only factor in season 3. If anything, season 3 was more 'monster of the week' and magic focused than the first two seasons.

All I took away from what I saw was that now everyone we've been trying to keep magic secret from is also magic, Clow is some snot-nosed little shit who keeps trying to kill people and getting away with it while Li gets angsty about wanting to bone Sakura. I don't know about that last one, I really lost interest when it stopped being about Sakura and Tomoyo having slice of life card adventures.

Is that from the new manga? I haven't touched it yet. I'm doubly scared. Scared that it might suck and scared that it might be very good and I have to wait an eternity for every new chapter.

>eternity for every new chapter
ever manga worth its salt is monthly

And following an ongoing monthly manga is always suffering.

I've fapped many times to her!

Who hasn't?

>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

And I was 11 at the time. 2001 was a hell of a long time ago.

>Li gets angsty about wanting to bone Sakura
Well, he's a tsundere young boy, that's to be expected.

Especially when he keeps holding on to that "Sakura's just a dumb girl, I don't have a crush on her, girls have cooties" mentality.

I have no idea how many times I fapped to Please Teach Me 2. I'd just go back to it again and again every day for a while.

> Wowzers Groob

Carly, Maggie, Rhys if there's something you'd be better off admitting to everyone, now's your chance. Also the day the Firey card episode aired a huge tropical depression hit full storm and uprooted an oak tree and took out the power lines just as she opened her eyes. So, yeah. Ominous right?

>Girl I'm in love with you baby
>And I want you to know
>That I'm hooked on your body
>And I'm trying to be yours

Never.
Necro.
Gill.
Yuri.
The mark of my divinity shall scar thy deoxyribonucleic acid.
Maurita continent.
Pottery card.

Blatant ministry of Truth disinformation.

That is all. Oh, and
>Jelly Donuts ¤

Blogshit. The day before I was about to enter high school I listened to Dreaming for the first time in years. I felt miserable and sad for days.

Best feeling ever, because only Cardcaptor Sakura has ever made me feel that way.

Reminder that Shaoran kun will always be her #2 favorite love. And you are at the bottom of the list.

>CCS without the romance

There's like no substance to the show without the romance.

The ENTIRE THEME of CCS is that love transcends boundaries.

I have the same problem.

I was her age.

>The ENTIRE THEME of CCS is that love transcends boundaries.
I'd argue there's a lot more to it than just that. One of the reasons CCS is such a good show is that there's multiple layers to it and not just love + magic.

But taking love out of it is pretty stupid. Like taking all examples of the force out of Star Wars. Sure you'd still have spaceships, a rebellion and a menacing evil guy in a suit. But nothing would make sense.

Someone did a really good breakdown of it, unfortunately I forgot where to find it.

But basically: Love is the underpinning of every single event that happens in CCS. While it does have cool fights, the best girl, and Sakura; it also sticks very heavily with the theme.

Shrimp-kun will always come after Nii-chan.

I blame CCS for getting me into loli and shota at a young age.

I'd think the underpinning of the show is both figuratively and literally a coming of age story focused on Sakura. But outside of Sakura literally going through puberty and changing how she sees the world, she is indirectly improving the lives of everyone connected to her.

Tomoyo being obsessed with Sakura is just like her mom being obsessed with Sakura's mom. The male teacher who loves his female student being just like Sakura's dad and mom. The great grandfather who has to let go of his pride and accept that Sakura's dad was right for Nadesico (through meeting Sakura). Sakura helps Touya let go of the past (her female teacher) and grow closer to Yukito. Sakura grows to be what her dad loved about Nadeshico. And of course Sakura reunites the two families that hold the Crow bloodline by getting together with Shaoran.

I really worry about them making a sequel. Everything was wrapped up perfectly.

What I find worrying is that I can't find any new Clear Card chapters.

>The male teacher who loves his female student being just like Sakura's dad and mom.
No, Rika and the teacher is just fucked up.

Didn't say it was good. Just that its a parallel tied to Sakura.

TRANSCENDS BOUNDARIES, user

So, considering the fucktarded way Kobato ended, is there any hope at all for Clear Card to end in a normal manner that doesn't involve time travel or dimension hopping?

The Time Card.

So no

You know exactly what I mean.

Did...did I just see it move?

Why was it forbidden?

Fuck off Yamazaki

Because Tomoyo belongs to Meiling.

Sakura super stonk.

Then Manga Tomoyo is alone.

Does Sakura get super strength in every form, or what?

I thought her outfit was just clothes and not Henshin armor.

She's using The Power Card. It grants super strength.

>tfw you will never feel Meiling's feet on your dick

She's using The Power Clow Card in that scene.

Because Tomoyo was creepy and more of a fangirl than an actual friend.

Because Sakura took after her mom and dad. And Touya got the gay genes.

Did you guys know sloths are the fastest animals on the planet?

>Until the sequel comes out and ruins them forever.
No. The sequel will live up to expectation

Yeah. Just like Slayers and Eva did.

This show used to make me feel kind of bad because Sakura would always be having such fun with her friends, and my friends were going through their depressed emo phase at the time.

I was (still am) so jealous.

All my friends were heavy anime fans. And while this was becoming my favorite show, all they cared about was Eva and One Piece. At the time, I felt self conscious, like maybe I was still acting like a kid. Then I grew up and realized they were the ones acting like kids who were trying to watch 'mature' anime. While CCS had some pretty adult themes in it already.

I liked the first Slayers sequel, Revolution
The second and third ones killed the momentum, though

Who did the Cardcaptors theme? I want to know if he did any other Nelvana theme songs

Is the Nelvana dub worth watching?

>is any dub worth watching

unless you are a timewaster then yes you should watch it

Not as bad as One Piece's dub

Only if you like trainwrecks.

I, personally, don't mind the voices because I think Sakura's voice is kinda cute. That said, it's cut up and pasted back together in ways that make zero sense.

Some have speculated that they were trying to make Sayoran the main character because boy ratings were way higher than girl ratings.

Well, more of a main character. In the Japanese dub he was only slightly less important than Sakura but way more important than, say, Tomoyo.

I'd say he was on equal footing with Kero.

Also how much of that was Kids WB's fault?

>How much of that was Kids WB's fault?

It's tough to point fingers at this point, and anyone who claims they can point fingers are likely spreading rumors.

That said, Kids WB made some fucking weird decisions back in the day. The only thing they seemingly didn't fuck up was the Pokemon anime.

Well, Kids WB was objectively responsible for cutting half the show and starting on Episode 8 considering Nelvana dubbed the entire series and it was aired as intended elsewhere in the world.

>Nelvana dubbed the entire series and it was aired as intended elsewhere in the world.
I didn't know this, now I have to go look for it.

>But basically: Love is the underpinning of every single event that happens in CCS.
You could argue that for any anime desu. Human relationships tend to be the backbone of the arts and everything in general.

Should all be on YouTube.