What the fuck was his problems? why was he acting so autistic...

What the fuck was his problems? why was he acting so autistic? he started as almost normal and went more and more autistic during the show for no real reason

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>for no real reason

well I mean he started as shy
then I agree that shit hit the fan in the show, but it's not reason for him to suddently become catatonic, refusing to act and being existential about everything

Some people in real life do that because of real life things, none pf which are giant aliens trying to destroy the world.

literally no fucking empathy if you cant understand him. hes a fucking 14 yr child who is tasked with saving the world.

yeah but I mean, the character drama seemed more and more forced as the story went on, as far as Shinji and Asuka were concerned

I mean they turned their flaws/problems to 11 at the end

Also WHY THE FUCK did he strangle her? "Where" exactly did he strangle her? was it in a dream?

its not hard to watch a few analysis videos about that

Literally who cares about Eva anymore.

The show was not about these damaged people developing into well-rounded individuals, but about setting them up for failure to make them REALLY damaged.

And he strangled her during instrumentality.

>instrumentality.
but what exactly is that

Everyone turns into delicious Tang, a refreshing beverage where all consciousness merges into one.

do you know how youtube works?

>Actually recommending people watch anime analysis videos on youtube
It's like I'm not on Sup Forums anymore.

but did they ever explain how that worked?
Like, does it mean that everyone is in a dream world were they can do what they want and speak with other people?
Does it mean that during the last 2 eps of Eva, the other characters decide to "show up" in Shinji's room and explain him shit about life? Or are they also living their own experience on their own?

CONGRATULATION

to fucking bad

>>Does it mean that during the last 2 eps of Eva, the other characters decide to "show up" in Shinji's room and explain him shit about life? Or are they also living their own experience on their own?

It's very obviously the latter.

>people say that the imaginery is just for mental masturbation
>Shinji has a Christ-like role while being just human

It's not explained very explicitly during the show.

The last two episodes of the TV series are what happens during instrumentality, and through this process they learn about themselves.

nigga did you even watch it?

>can't process empathy for a literal child
Are you sure you're not the autistic one?

> and through this process they learn about themselves.
I see, I wasn't sure it was happening to everyone during instrumentality because Shinji is litterally the one controlling it, so it could have been happening only to him

Are they implying that the anime ending (with the "congratulation") is supposed to be the moment in EoE were he lets people decide if they want to exist again?

Didn't read

ep25-26 is all in shinjis mind during instrumentality, so no

he's 14 and was made the last line of defence against the destruction of humanity with zero preparation or training while continually being emotionally abused by the people around him
that sort of thing tends to fuck with people

are you actually this retarded and unable to follow a cartoon aimed at teenagers?

>Everyone tells him that he can chose to pilot or not
>There is no election since he can pilot or let mankind die, which is a bad thing if you are part of said mankind

yes

Is this actually a good show or just waifu shit show??

it's the greatest anime ever made
it just happens to have one of the worst fandoms of any work of fiction ever

It is a deconstruction of waifu shows/slice of life/anime cliches. It starts as one but in the end, everything makes sense in a sick way.

all of 4chins

absolutely this
I fucking hate this fanbase
Eva's greatest flaw is the fact that it's an anime, with all the cancer that follows

His problem was that he didn't give her the lick.

there is nothing slice of life about eva. also ppl throwing deconstrucion around like baka

Something I didn't get in NGE:
why are no characters questioning what the fuck is going on? It seems everyone goes with the flow and doesn't care that crazy shit happens

>city is constantly attacked by giant aliens
>people live their normal life and don't care
>children are just chilling in school and don't care
>their classmates are litterally the most important people alive
>their school comrades don't give a shit and are chill as fuck
>no one in the show is raising question to other people about what Angels are, not even the pilots
>no one complains that Gendo is acting shifty as fuck

was all of this intentional or is all anime like this? it feels so surreal

>No slice of life
>half the episode is always highschool/home/pub life

Are there any show like Eva that gets surreal as fuck the more you go into the episodes?

Yeah i'm not buying anything from these fanboys using those kind of hyperboles,I better go and check it for myself

>every scene not related to fights is slice of life now ok.

Who would act normal in a post apocalypse? He held it together pretty well

>freeze frame for 2mins 20 secs
are they fucking serious

don't forget the world's already been batshit fucked up for 15 years when the anime starts, plus it's hinted that most of the civilian world have little idea about the angels or even the evas as a result of being sheltered away during the attacks + NERV and SEELE actively wanting to suppress the truth

its called immersing yourself into the moment and reflecting on the stuff that happened up until that point. also there is music that your overexposed brain can follow for a few minutes damn

>people are chill and don't care about Angels
the people in Tokyo-3 probably know that some shit is up considering that all of it can go underground and there are giant missile batteries everywhere. Its also meant to be the safest place on Earth
>classmates are most important people alive
They don't know that they are all potential pilots
>no questions what the Angels are
maybe they're desensitized to all the whack shit because Antartica blew up 15 years ago and half the world's population straight up died.

tatami galaxy

How's this for empty symbolism; Christ's side wound is commonly shown on the right side and frequently stylized as a vagina in Medieval art as a symbol for the birth of Christianity. Misato is wounded in this place in Second Impact and wearing her iconic pendant as she witnesses the event that creates her perspective for the rest of her life, until she's shot in the same area for Shinji and gives her gospel and the pendant to Shinji while she bleeds out.

Probably an accident.

>people saying Shinji is fucked up because of everything that happens during the show

Sure, part of it is that. But his real problem is his father abandoning him, and the subsequent crippling self-esteem and social anxiety issues.

>They don't know that they are all potential pilots
I mean "classmates" as the 3 eva pilots. Imagine if your high-school class had like 3 Justin-Bieber-tier dudes in it, shit would be crazy

Also not even in NERV are the people questioning what the fuck is going on

>second impact happened a few days off from 9/11
>third impact happens litterally during Trump election

wow, how did Anno manage this

the ultimate ledge

its called "Oh shit we ran out of money and we need to lengthen the episode time let's just draw out this scene that could have been 15 seconds to an entire minute"

I bet Anno was literally laughing during 9/11

>Neon Genesis Evangelion occurs 2015-2016
>Rebuilds of Evangelion take place from 2017-2018
What did Anno mean by this?

>"Its strange that Evangelion has been a hit. Everyone in it is sick!"

Merely a coincidence goy!

"Most anime creators are basically autistic."

He actually said it. I can die peacefully now

>Anno names Asuka his favorite character
>"They can't handle strong women"
>tfw Reifags were literally btfo by Rei's very father
I just don't have an appropriate reaction pic

misato best girl

>They can't handle strong women

>Rei literally goes full allahu akbar to save Tokyo-3
>Not strong

reifag seighted

>not getting the character and meaning behind that scene so badly
Truly, Reifags are sad creatures
Although I love Rei, she's cute

And she is stronger than Asuka.
Asuka strength is just a mask of glass. The moment Shinji gets his shit together, all her confidence breaks.
Rei has one of the most powerful moments when he tells Gendo to fuck himself. She overwrites her coding in a single moment, she does the unthinkable.

>you are strong because you rather give power to the guy who's nice to you rather than his asshole father

Yeah nah if she was truly strong she would have made the choice herself but she didn't know what the right choice would be, what is strength without knowledge?

are there any other anime / medium that deals with the "all minds merged into one" thing?

The only part of Eva that never made any sense to me was why anyone besides NERV personnel stuck around Tokyo-3. They mentioned people moving away after Sachiel but I would think that everyone would have moved away.

Sup Forums - The hivemind: The musical on ice.

He's a kid, his immaturity and lack of wisdom couldn't guide his decisions in the right way.
There's always some reference or remembrance of Eva in anime.

Which one is best angel?

all of them

NERV worker's families, probably.

You're surprised? "Autist" isn't just a meme you know.

just **WHAT** are angels?
they mention they share like 99.99% dna with humans, but then you have angels that are just a liquid, or a computer virus, or some weird halo, or a shadow, etc

what is your point exactly?

youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs
>mfw shed a tear at this scene

nah man that scene is pure cheese

I should point out that this is roughly what "Heaven" is supposed to be like if you actually read the Bible.

There's no clouds, there's nothing. You don't even exist until the end of days when Christ resurrects you and you become one with God again. You more or less cease to exist as an independent identity and rejoin with the divine.

That there are people here who literally can't empathize with Shinji because they are physically incapable of it and thus miss out on a crucial element of the story?

It criticizes waifu shit shows. This scene in particular.

oh thank god u explained that to me. thought autism was just an internet thing

Humans are angels dipstick.

how is that critique on waifu shows? it shows how mentally unstable shinji is at that point.

Even if the world is getting better at the start of the series, it's still pretty fucked up. I would guess that the standard of living in Tokyo-3 is probablly higher than most places in the world. Also with all the money that goes into maintaining the Eva, you'd imagine that the techs would be pretty well paid. Basically nobody questions it/moves away because $$$.

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty unstable to masturbate to a mentally ill child.

Oh, wait.

You're an angel user ;)

I can't imagine Gendo being a sweet man

his character made no sense
he was an asshole even before Shinji was born
Then you are trying to tell me that he would go to all this length just to be reunited with his former wife? If he was so caring, why didn't he gi ve a fuck to Shinji?

He genuinely loved Yui, as evidenced by the entire story, but there's good reason to believe he initially courted her just for power's sake. She might've been using him as well.

lmao

>If he was so caring, why didn't he gi ve a fuck to Shinji?
Because he's Shinji if left to his own demons. Shinji takes it out on himself, his father takes it out on others. They both hate themselves utterly.

Gendo wasn't a caring person. He was a generally uncaring person who happened to care deeply for one single woman. His desire to be reunited with Yui turned into obsession over time. It's the only thing he's thinking about for most of the series, and you can tell.

why didnt he stop her then basically sacrificing herself...

He had no idea. She kept the plan from him; the only person who knew was Fuyutsuki. She knew Gendo wouldn't let her, so she kept it from him.

>which are giant aliens trying to destroy the world
Here we go again with they ayyliums shit.

What makes you think he knew what Yui was going to do?

Angels are extra-terrestrial life.

Yeah, after. He unpersoned her, destroyed all photographs, they were inconvenient to the fantasy he made out of his memory that understood and approved of what he was doing.

The only time he ever smiled was when she was in his life.

Also he basically cloned Rei to give her a body to return to.

all life is extra terrestrial in the eva universe

There's no reason to believe Earth wasn't inhabited by the animal kingdom before Adam and Lilith showed up. Also, plants.

Well considering that they literally crashed into the Earth and formed two moons...