Show is literally about a witch killing nazis then going home to fuck her princess girlfriend

>show is literally about a witch killing nazis then going home to fuck her princess girlfriend
>somehow really shit and boring

how can they fuck up such a great premise? why is this show so shit?

Not enough lesbian sex.

Too much boring shit like the princess visiting a cafe or some other shti

Honeslty couldnt even finish it

oh and that retarded part where the 2 oficials were talking about state secrets in the middle of the woods sure didnt help

zombies
le atomic bomb metaphor
lesbians werent even cute

"Lesbians, lmao" is never a good premise.

Izetta isn't gay

they are just friends

it would have been good if there was yuri

Only white people can do a story with the nazi settings properly. Japan try to do it and they can't help but shove moe into it.

Because it would be far better if it were about killing Commies instead.

the best magic-girl-pre-modern-war-anime is this season

It would have been 100% better if it was just Fine dong espionage the whole time. Like the scenes on the train and plane

>fuck
>girlfriend
Neither of those apply to the show. Izetta and Fine were only friends, even at the very end when they very easily could have gone full /u/.

>best friend
>order her to kill mercilessly

good person

>Izetta was so bad that I was nearly put off from the world war nazi theme

Good thing I gave it a shot

The most retarded part of the show was Nazi's having cloning technology and having witch of their own.

Good premise ruined by bad and uncreative writing, predictable as fuck, tries nothing new or daring, takes itself too serious.

I already forgot about this show.
Thanks for reminding me

I liked the first 3 episodes, the OST, and Izetta's izettas. That's about it.

Still the best show last season regardless of what contrarian hipsters like (you) believe.

>nazis
Like holy fuck can people make original villains for once.

I just watched it for this sort of thing, the fighting was shit tier. Although I loved the 40s and Austrian setting.

For whatever reason, they were too chicken to cross the line and make Izetta and Fine actual lovers. This completely voided Izetta's motivation, so that nothing she does is given any on-screen justification outside, "I want to do it!"

Because love is not established as the driving motivator for the MC, they had to introduce a bullshit existential threat via the clone witch nukes instead. The show had to bend its ass over backwards all the time to tiptoe around any possible mention of love. "She's risking her life because otherwise a whole lot of people she doesn't know are going to die and she somehow grew fond of a whole country after going to a cafe once."

Because love is a forbidden topic, Fine was left completely undeveloped as a character, only allowed to think about her douchedom and wordlessly shed bitter tears thinking about her best friend's fate. Otherwise, she could've had some internal conflict. She could've been troubled by her priorities, which is really more important, the love of her life, or her people, paralleling the historical setting. Fortunately, you don't have to feel that involved, when it's just your "best friend" killing herself.

I'm pretty sure the show was going in a completely different direction at first, but the sponsors decided shit's not gonna fly and had the studio change it. The clearest sign of this is how 80% of the cast introduced in the first 5 episodes is forgotten by the end and even the main villain DIES OFF-SCREEN.

This really is one of the worst shows I've ever watched in full.

Because witch actually spends little time killing nazis and is to much of a beta to actually fuck her princess.

watched the first 3 episodes

now ITS FUCKING DROPPED

>The clearest sign of this is how 80% of the cast introduced in the first 5 episodes is forgotten by the end and even the main villain DIES OFF-SCREEN.
Damn, I didn't even get far enough to notice that.
But

But I think you're pretty spot on about this.

>lesbians werent even cute
Literally could not be more wrong.

There were a lot of things this show did wrong, but it was not this. Izetta is quite possibly the cutest lesbian ever. And I'm a board certified dyke expert.

They didn't go all out on the whole "magic nazis" thing. We could've gotten nazis on the moon and zombies with demons vs Izetta and her magic knife monologuing about hope and her inner PTSD. Instead we got shit that got literally nowhere: no /u/, no /x/ and no /k/. It was a shitshow of lost potential.

>they were too chicken to cross the line and make Izetta and Fine actual lovers.
There was nothing subtle about their romantic relationship or that broom ride, it was one of those where they didn't need to shout 'I love you' at eachother; probably because the writers thought it would make it more mature or some shit (lost cause but whatever). I have honestly seen less romance and intimacy in some romance anime/manga. And there are plenty of those were it doesn't end with a kiss.

It's not a good anime but I did like their relationship for the most part, it could have been done better but they got across the sense that there was an mutual feeling of love and that they were the most important thing to eachother, and why that was the case. In certain instances I like how it was unspoken because the opposite is often done very wrong, but the ending/epilogue was not one of these.

Scenes like pic related, for instance, were good romance.

>For whatever reason, they were too chicken to cross the line and make Izetta and Fine actual lovers.

"It's imperative that I have everything explicitly spelled out for me."
--- Anonymous.

"My yuri goggles allow me to see everything as it really is!"
--- xYuriMasterJurixY66

>There was nothing subtle about their romantic relationship or that broom ride

It always hovers right on that border. They're okay with you thinking there's a relationship. But the plausible deniability is sustained from beginning to end. Holding hands or chatting under moonlight doesn't make anyone lovers. It's what girls fucking do, without fucking. IT NEEDED TO BE SAID, because if you don't take the emotion as a tangible part of the plot, nothing about the show makes any sense. You're left to fill the whale-sized holes with your imagination and assumptions, but even if you do, even if you could be right, it's still no different from fanfiction, because nothing is actually confirmed.

>implying everyone who isn't as fuckall dense as you has to be a yurifag
Jesus, user.

>it was one of those where they didn't need to shout 'I love you' at eachother
So, one of the 99.9% that are too coward to show anything substantial, one of the 99.9% that chicken out from even acknowledging officially that they are lovers!

Hell, even Sakura Trick did this shit, even after all the kissing it went on how the girls weren't sure about their fucking feelings for each other.

But no wonder, what would you expect from creators who have zero romantic experience and expertise themselves anyway?
All they can create is shitty wish-fulfillment fantasies anyway, but sometimes I'd rather have a sappy yuri wish-fulfillment fantasy than another fucking copout.

I'm mad that they had Sophie mouthrape Izetta, but didn't have the stones to have Izetta and Hime kiss, even though they went on a fucking moonlight date.

Fuck subtlety.

Stop reminding me of this!
The plot was so fucking bad and all the characters were flat as cardboard (personality wise).

>The clearest sign of this is how 80% of the cast introduced in the first 5 episodes is forgotten by the end and even the main villain DIES OFF-SCREEN.

I'm so glad I stopped on the episode where the kid in glasses is executed by the spy chief. I heard this show dropped the ball, but I never dreamed it could have dropped the ball that hard.

The ending in particular was shit. The race to make the biggest ball of death was stupid enough, but she shouldn't have survived what followed.
And if you're willing to excuse that, what was the point of hiding their faces in the very last scene? If they were trying to make me feel something they failed miserably.

I want to get into it but I can't get over how weird Tanya looks in the anime

the styles weird but the animation itself is pretty good, 5 episodes so far and its yet to drop in quality.

I think the best part was how the nazi schemer dude who orchestrated all the terrible shit and deserved to get shit on got away with a cool eyepatch and is last seen smugly carrying on with his business, while everyone else is either dead, crippled, or otherwise miserable.

This thread was a hoot and a holler to read.

Actually, why do nips still use symbolic imagery and euphemisms like tickling each another for what everyone can see is clearly meant to be two girls loving each another and wanting to have sex with each another and stuff?
It's a late-night otaku anime show. There's no danger of little kids accidentally stumbling upon this show and getting corrupted into becoming degenerate otaku (normal mainstream anime shows will turn them into that anyway).
It's not like they would need to have them grind clits and kiss passionately like in a hentai like Another Girl Innocent (would be hawt though).

Simple reason: money.

If you go full gay, you turn away all those viewers who don't like it and are watching for other reasons, who are most likely the majority. Maybe they're not the target audience directly, but it would be pretty stupid to turn away potential blu-ray buyers when you can try to appeal to everybody by keeping shit vague.

>marketing ruins yet another thing

Literally because otaku cancer can't relate to non-virgin characters or empathize with them. They are the same people that shit on female voice actors that don't conceal their private lives. It's sad really.

But what's the point of trying to keep it "vague" when it's so fucking obvious to everyone that it's really meant to be two girls wanting to have sex with each another? If potential buyers of these kinds of anime shows get turned off from watching two girls being in love through kissing or whatever, they will still get turned off from watching it even if these two girls being in love have their love scenes "hidden" behind tickling scenes.
Nobody in nipland is actually getting fooled by it, are they?

>this isn't gay or romantic, according to user

She's so damn ugly even the animation quality can save it.

>it's so fucking obvious to everyone that it's really meant to be two girls wanting to have sex with each another?

I'm sorry, user, but normie brain just doesn't work like that. They can safely ignore and deny stuff so long as nothing is too explicit.

>girls holding hands
Completely normal, everyday life.
>girls hugging closely
Some uncomfortable shifting in the audience, but still passable.
>girls kissing, saying "I love you"
Whoaaa, click. That's where channel gets changed.

Up until that point, it's just "aah, dem izetta's izettas, fap fap"

I liked it.

>girls holding hands
>girls hugging closely

That is indeed a normal thing for real girls, they do this shit all the time and it means nothing.

That is what counts as a good premise in your book?

Nazi wizardry ruined the allies:

They don't even go home, they do it outside and in other people's house.

Yes, though the context kinda matters too.

The girls just wouldn't fuck each other and then there was a clone and the two witches sat around having a talk among the battle. Had to drop it.

Good thing that was the last episode.

What? No, it was the episode directly after the clone, or the same.

They talked on the final battle too, but if you dropped on their first fight you missed something better than they fucking each other.

>doubt

thats the problem when they try to push some gay agenda and give anime fans shit, and to make it worse, people fucking like lesbian crap.

only good thing about it was the OST and. the battles. anime started with a 10/10 episode but gave us a 6/10 at the end, and im being generous.

>gay agenda
>yuri
You really don't know anything, do you?

shut up faggot

>great premise