The Re-Moralization of Society

What do you guys think about Gertrude Himmelfarb and her ideas about re-moralizing our society?

Victorian Virtues To Modern Values
youtube.com/watch?v=iiH_RxJfcaM

The De-Moralization Of Society
youtube.com/watch?v=u_rTmS6vzsA

The Re-Moralization of Society
youtube.com/watch?v=2AmLOQ1QZMU

bump

Everything went backwards with the Great War, it's disgusting what happened to society. Women showing their knees (forbidden by scripture), forncation, adultery, drunkeness makes me sick

I should have posted some of her views in text form instead of these youtube links...

I will look at the links in a bit, but I'm listening to something right now but this is a topic I think is important. Nothing has improved morally or socially in over a 100 years

it always happens, of its own accord. after ww3/apocalypse, a return to normalcy

The Second World War didn't fix anything

The Great War was just a mass slaughter of noble European families while the pussies hid

Thank you. Yes, indeed.

I want that woman in the pic to discipline me!

Men used to be ashamed to even go outside without a hat, and women ashamed to show their ankles. Drawers were more modest than winter clothing today! Dresses are so short they don't even cover the armpits and just barely cover a woman's bottom. And men are going out in shorts and under shirts. This is sick

Always loved the high-neck parts of fashion from this era. Also how rugged men's suits were, because delicate fabrics don't allow you to do man-things without risking a tear.

Yeh that's not true haha
>Gallipoli

Peter Hitchens has spoken a lot on the effects of WW1, on the genetic crop as well as people's trust in the culture and the church.

Remember, Mosley was the only one of his (entirely aristocratic) friends to survive the war.

I get that people who objected to fight werepussies, but people who survived were not.

Dont get when people say this altered the "genetics" of society for future generations

A middle weight suit fabric today would weigh around 9 ounce, in 1950 it was around 14 ounce.
It's the Jews getting too cheap, during the war with rationing they made women wear bikinis!
I was in brooks Brothers buying a rain coat, it was mid thigh. I said that defeats the whole purpose of it being a raincoat if my legs will still get fully wet, the shop salesman lady said to me that's the style, I said no The company is just being cheap and left.

sure it did, but ww3 is not ww2

What did it fix? Society is worse than ever the 1950's is sick
And they still sell the high starched collars in England, the only problem is the Chinese laundries don't exist anymore there's only one in England but its not very economical sending your collars to England to get starched. This company makes unstarched washable stiff ones but I have no idea how they are, I'm planning to buy a wing collar from them at some point.

>I said that defeats the whole purpose of it being a raincoat if my legs will still get fully wet,
This is why I wear an old trench coat I got at a charity shop. Weighs a tonne but I'm dry as a bone from top to bottom. They can say I look like a tramp but I'm not the one with soaking wet knees, shins, and shoes.

I've got a thick wool overcoat, goes below the knee a bit, people tell me it's not fashionable I should get a slimmer shorter one (I have one for the warmer days) but in Canada for our winters you need it, I laugh at them with their puffy jackets that end at their waist, They're all standing around shivering and I'm never cold.

Will group-conscious whites eventually isolate themselves and create a society based on traditional morals? I hope to God so.

Mine's tweed. And you're right on people wearing tiny bomber jackets and with a freezing cold crotch and legs. It's weird how people forget that it drops down to 0c for a few months here but still manages to rain rather than snow, so people get soaked and ice-cold.

It drops down to -20 Celsius here, and these tiny coats are what most people wear. We don't really see any rain again until march sometimes, but it's usually during an unusually warm day.

The issue here has always been the wetness, rather than the raw temperature. Once you get wet, and it's windy and cold, it's hard to get warm again. So just don't get wet.

wew ontario looks like shit, I live in michigan and haven't been there in a while, all the alberta lads always had snowmobile suits on and were drunk as piss ice fishing when I went there

That area of the city was railway tracks until the 1970's that's why it's so ugly, older parts of the city are nicer architecturally, but Toronto was never the major city, Montreal was we only surpassed Montreal in the 90's when we amalgamated with the suburbs