KyoAni

>KyoAni

Troll post. Anything would look that bad if you grabbed a screenshot from a stream and blew it up in photoshop.

>blew it up in photoshop

what does that even mean?

>What is style

Watercolors are comfy.

90% in-house production.

How can other studios even compete?

i screenshotted every single one of these while watching

you are a fucking MEGA pleb if you can't appreciate the style in these

Based as always

is this the "how much value do you put into visual direction" thread?

Fuck that, and fuck this studio war bullshit. Just post enviroments/backgrounds.

Looks so comfy

Minami Kamakura has nice backgrounds here and there which are jarring with the mediocre character quality.

Why is the color out of the drawing?

Is this kindergarten?

My new wallpaper, thanks

For anyone who cares, these are the people who have worked on Maidragon backgrounds so far. Roughly 30%~ done by Studio Blue and Anime Workshop Basara.

is that owari no seraph?

Owari No Seraph Background art was cool as fuck, but the characters looked out of place, like the background for a shitty school play

What are the most recent shows that used traditional hand-painted backgrounds? LWA ova (does the new series do it?)? Aku no Hana?

I think owari no seraph is digital but with nice texturing and good imitation of traditional isn't it?

Owari no Seraph is traditional. Studio Pablo almost always works traditionally.

Okay

Non Non Biyori's art direction was pretty bad.

and is early one piece digital imitating traditional or not? i have a doubt

Are you the dude that loved Tanaka-kun's visuals?

After the recent overfiltered backgrounds in the recent KyoAni shows. I like the background arts in Dragon Maid.

Looks better than 99% of backgrounds in anime today.

What does?

The Garden of Words.jpg

>Just post enviroments/backgrounds
This , fuck you Sup Forumsermin OP.

I am a dude that lived Tanaka-kun's visuals, though I don't know if I'm the dude you're thinking of.

Yeah you are.

How much of this is just traced from photos? Serious question. To do these from scratch and imagination would be massive amounts of work just for a background that is shown for a few seconds.

Cutting corners would be a reasonable thing to do but I know some artists would be dead against it and a lot of these look better than straight traces.

Anyone actually have insider information to confirm one way or another?

>all these HS screenshots
Why

Not traced but a lot of backgrounds are based on real places and buildings.

Semi-related - anyone have that image of the animator with the big intricate background they just did saying "Yeah, this will probably be on the long side, maybe three or four seconds?" or something like that?

This is not a visual direction thread, fuck off with your collages, shitposter-kun.

it is now

That's from the LWA interview but I don't have it

Agreed

RIP Atelier BWCA