Where did it go wrong?

Where did it go wrong?

Political arc snoozefest.

>political arc as anime
Cant wait for half of next season to be resident sleeper. This is gonna be so fucking bad.

>Cant wait for half of next season to be resident sleeper.
>resident sleeper.

For me it became even boring when they found the basement's secret. I've no idea what Isayama is doing.

It went wrong when Eren gained the ability to shift into a Titan. The show was good when the enemies are just an upgraded zombie

Came to post this.

Titan shifting is such a stupid idea, Japs have to turm everything into Sentai crap.

I think the setting makes a lot more sense now. The real crime is that Isayama introduced a very abrupt change of setting and it was bad story-telling. The story is narrated by Grisha and apparently he is complete horsheshit at explaining things. The letter in the basement should have started like this:

"Dear Eren, you are living on a penal colony. A nearby continent is dumping titanized people on your island to shit on you. I know this because I came from there. let me explain how I got here and what is at stake, P.S. sorry for making you eat me".

Straight to the point instead of muh sister and muh cursed people.

Meh, it's fine. It's a mess but I'm still having fun with the story.

Though the MUH OPPRESSION stuff is stupid as fuck.

This.

It could've been better if they managed to beat the titans using only the skills and knowledge of the entire humanity and not relying on everyone turning into titan when shit goes south.

But all titans are (former) humans, the entire point of the manga is that humans are fighting themselves and have to use the powers of the enemy to defeat them.

Which was stupid as fuck.

It was pretty obvious for a while, though.

It's not that stupid. It's not original, and I'm not trying to argue that SnK has good writing, but honestly what were people expecting?

while we're on the subject of dumb stuff in AoT, did anyone else guess the identity of the armored titan right away?

As soon as I saw him I thought "wow he looks way too much like the titan from a fucking episode ago" then titan shifting was introduced and it was pretty fucking obvious.

The very beginning had a great hook but it got too retarded for me when the kids started turning into titans. Probably never going to pick it up again.

spoilers?

I think it's all meant to be obvious who each shifter is, but I could also be giving Isayama too much credit and he might just not be able to draw.

a cool show about humans killing giants with their sick ziplining skills

>all meant to be obvious
yea, maybe. That would explain the reveal being anticlimactic as fuck
>hey eren, bert and I are titans

Extra padding, pushing for crappy drama, Yuuki Kaji, pants on head retarded visual direction, production was absolute ass when it wasn't action sequences and those were few.

I think Isayama just wanted to get the identities of those two out of the way. Or he couldn't think of an actual way to do it.

Like I said, I don't think SnK has good writing. I'm just reading it because it's an entertaining mess and I want to see where it goes. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed after season 2 because it ends up in a completely different direction to S1. Which I don't mind, but it's not babby's first grimdark action anymore.

It was made

timetravel

Bert's initial titan appearance wasn't as obvious, but everyone else yeah

Yeah he's the least like his titan initially.

Unless you count Zeke.

Nowhere yet, the plot twists are pretty cool and it's turning really cool
I can't wait for the full on war and Armin making crazy keikakus with titan shifting

Stopped reading shortly after the reveal of the colossal titan's identity. What stupid shit has happened since then?

Armin is the new colossal titan

Armin is now colossal titan, humanity hasn't declined and the main characters are actually living on an island that's cut off from the rest of the world because Nazis vs Jews got out of hand, Eren's dad is responsible for all the shit on the island happening, the beast titan (the monkey thing) is Eren's half-brother on his dad's side and his dad's first wife is the titan who ate Eren and Mikasa's mother.

And all titan shifters have a lifespan of 13 years. Eren has 8 left, but he has 2 titans in him (his father's titan and the titan of Historia/Christa's sister Frieda, who his dad ate to gain the coordinate ability) so we don't know if the rule applies to him.

Lastly, Eren's dad inherited his titan (the attacker titan) from a totally-not-a-Nazi officer named Eren, who saved his ass from being turned into a mindless titan. On the last pages of the latest chapter, original Eren mentions Armin and Mikasa in a flashback to Grisha (Eren's dad), way before the current Armin and Mikasa exists, but he has no idea who they are. So there might be time travel bullshit involved.

I can't remember the exact order of events, so I might have missed something. And no, none of that is made up.

God damn it sounds like this series really went off the rails. A lot of these seem like pointless twists like The titan who ate Eren's mum being his dad's first wife

Wait I also forgot that Erwin is dead, Ymir fucked off with Reiner and Bert but didn't return to them for the battle in which Bert was defeated and fed to Armin (who had to be turned into a titan to survive -- they'd obtained a titan serum from a serial killer named Kenny who brought up Levi). It came down to saving Armin vs saving Erwin (who'd lost an arm at this point) and Eren and Mikasa somehow managed to convince Levi to save Armin. Armin is now not very happy with his friends.

I don't see why people keep pushing the nazis vs jews thing
Just because people live in a ghetto doesn't make them jews
If anything it's closer to Japanese ghettos in the USA
Besides the Eldians have suspicoisly Axis sounding names, I mean they're all German, Italian and Mikasa
It wasn't pointless
She was of royal blood
Royal blood can control other titans
Eren touched "her", she was still in titan form but temporarily obtained that power

I actually found that one pretty hilarious.

Grisha and his first wife were exiled to the island as punishment for being involved in a resistance-type underground group that was trying to build up enough resources to go against their government. They got sold out by their son, Zeke (the beast titan/Eren's half-brother), and arrested, along with the other members of the group. Grisha's the only one who didn't get turned into a mindless titan because of the officer who saved him. The officer was also secretly helping Grisha's group the whole time and feeding them government info.

Oh, and the reason Grisha started this whole movement is because he didn't listen to his parents and got his little sister killed because they went somewhere they weren't meant to be. And the officer was there, of course.

I'm mainly saying it in jest. But also the armbands and the constant power struggle between the Marley and the Eldians. Not to mention all the ethnic cleansing that apparently went on for millennia...

It's not entirely Nazis vs Jews, but there are a lot of parallels.

The hilarious part was the panel showing Eren and Grisha's face both crying and screaming
>DINA
It's weird
Based on what happens, you could say that the Eldians are the Nazis and Marleys are Jews
Still the ethnic cleansing is apparently bullshit because Owl said it's stupid and impossible and just propaganda
It's probably something like in the past the Eldians were Nazis, now they swapped places and the descendants of the Nazis are the ones being discriminated, so it shows how human nature is cruel and we're all evil shits regardless of race
I wonder what the fuck happened to the king that decided to build the walls and why he said that Eldians are sinners

Honestly I'm just laughing at it all at this point. But I think yeah, both "sides" are going "LOOK AT THESE GUYS AND HOW EVIL THEY ARE" while doing evil shit. I agree with you that the message is that all humans are evil, or something along those lines.

Maybe the first king's little sister was killed by Eldian officials.

Bringing Eren back and giving him superpowers.

I was pleasantly surprised when I watched the anime blind and he got eaten. I thought it was meant to be a lesson in not breaking formation like a retard when you get upset because it only gets you killed even if you're the MC, but nope that got shit all over.

I also watched the anime blind
I wasn't mad though
I thought it was gonna be a lesson to the audience about how terrifying the titans were and how they can ignore plot armor
Then having Eren turn into a titan was awesome in its own right

Nothing, the series is still good.

The problem is simply that Isayama is a bad story teller. He has an interesting plot and setting, but the way that it's told is messy. It feels like he's just making shit up as he goes rather than having planned out a coherent plot. It's a good story, but it's poorly told, if that makes any sense.

You make perfect sense, user, and I share the same sentiments. Although I think he's had some of it planned out since the beginning but just didn't know how to incorporate it into the story, maybe.

It's his first ever series and he never expected it to get as big as it did, so I do give him some leeway. And I'm still having fun with SnK, even if it isn't perfect.

I don't think this is true
Even the memories thing was foreshadowed in the very beginning, the first chapter when Eren cried for no reason
I think he probably had a general map of everything planned out and he's now building on that

>Where did it go wrong?
Sup Forums found out about it

Shitty mc. That is it's main flaw. It also takes itself a little bit too seriously.