The log pose will always lead to raftel

>The log pose will always lead to raftel
>but if you collect these 4 poneglyphs they also show the way to raftel
For what purpose? Do the poneglyphs just reveal a shortcut? Also with how strong the 4 emperors are it's hard to believe that neither shanks or blackbeard have found it since they both want to become king of the pirates. Is raftel an island without a magnetic force? Please explain.

Has anyone deciphered these poneglyphs? You don't really think Oda didn't actually make the language right?

In real life? It's probably just made up pictographs. If you mean in the show, the only known person who can decipher them is Nico Robin.

>inb4 not everyone on the refugee ship died
>inb4 an archeologist who could decipher them escaped on the ship's wreckage
Calling it now.

Final poneglyph just activates all previous, and if you saw enough of them - works as an ultimate epiphany machine.
Notice how every dude who've been to Raftel is basically very chill compared to others, with an exception of few touchy subjects like his sons.

The log pose doesn't lead to Raftel.

It leads to the final official island of the GL. Raftel is a secret.

Log Pose leads to the end of the Grand Line.
Raftel isn't the end of the Grand Line.
>Also with how strong the 4 emperors are it's hard to believe that neither shanks or blackbeard have found it since they both want to become king of the pirates
I find it hard to believe you're this retarded that you completely missed the point where there's currently only one person IN THE ENTIRE ONE PIECE WORLD who can actually read the Poneglyphs.

>official island of the grand line
What now

>for almost 800 episodes we're lead to believe raftel is at the end of the grand line and you can get to it by following the log pose
>lolno u need red poneglyphs
>missing the point of my post this much
No user, YOU are the retard.

Raftel is the end of the line. It's a much bigger place than most of the rest of the islands. The highway we see the WG building eventually will reach there, even tunneling through the Red Line unless stopped.

Not once in the show is it stated the Log pose leads to Raftel.
Not once in the show is it stated Raftel is at the end of the Grand Line.

>secondaries

Watch the laboon arc again. The old doctor LITERALLY says the log pose leads to the end of the grand line and that's where raftel is.

In the end the strawhats reach Raftel, only to find that Buggy already went through there looking for treasure.

It's stated that Raftel is at the end of the grand line multiple times, although it never says you need a log pose to get there.

>for almost 800 episodes we're lead to believe raftel is at the end of the grand line and you can get to it by following the log pose

Well you're mistaken.

The log pose is directed at something else.

It's said Grand Line is the final stop of the Grand Line, not the final island of Grand Line.

Nah son. The only way to Raftel is to get the road ponoglyphs and "triangulate" (it's actually 4 spots but I don't know the word for that) Raftel's position. The last island on the pose route is where you would usually learn of the ponoglyphs and then make another round trip to find them but these niggas skipped that step with Robin.

So if robin never learned to read the poneglyphs the one piece would never be found?

>muh mary sue

>it's an user has no idea what mary sue actually means so he calls every plot device a mary sue in the hopes he's right at least once

I don't think so. Even after learning about them on the last island, it's pointless if you can't figure them out right? There should be something at the end of the pose route to help translate them. And if not then it's clear Rodger made his statement hoping that someone with this "power to hear all things" would be inspired enough to try his route.

Roger died before Ohara was destroyed.
Roger had Kozuki Oden in his crew, who could read the Poneglyphs.
Before Roger died, there were multiple people who could decipher the Poneglyphs.
Ohara was destroyed precisely because the WG feared pirates would seek the Oharans en masse to decipher the Poneglyphs to find Raftel and whatever is hidden there.
There's a reason Roger hid his treasure in Raftel.

Nice trips, but are you for or against my thoughts? I can't tell.

>And if not then it's clear Rodger made his statement hoping that someone with this "power to hear all things" would be inspired enough to try his route.
This is simply not true because when Roger was still alive there were multiple people who could decipher the writing on the Poneglyphs.

I know what it means, but I just wanted a free reply. Thank you.

>haha I was just pretending to be retarded

You don't know how long I've been waiting to post this. Thank you.

I wonder how it feels to have your existence validated by one user replying to your posts.

>my treasure is yours for the taking but you'll have to find it first!
>you literally can't find it unless you specifically obtain four historical rocks containing an ancient, dead language which can only be deciphered by one in a billion people

What did he mean my this?

Oh, yeah I guess you're right there. Then I guess this is just a heroes fate. I guess it's kind of a plot device thing but there's some old chinese proverb that says something along the lines of:

"All heroes have 2 things in common: they were in the right place, and at the right time".

>153032807
Thanks for the (You)s kiddo.

He meant to find someone who could do what he couldn't or decided not to. If they were fazed by something like this how could they hope to change the world?

>153032847
Two can play at this game, ()

It was heavily implied long ago that you can't simply reach Raftel by simply navigating your way to the end, otherwise one of the countless New World pirates would have gone there after Roger died.

Where? I don't disagree, I just reread it though and don't remember any hints like that in the first half.

samefagging?

It's just common sense really, as soon as Raftel was revealed as the final island

How would all these massively powerful pirates around the world not be able to navigate their way there within 20 years?

Cause whitebeard was said to be the gatekeeper while he was alive. He was protecting the throne of the king of the pirates even if he didn't want to be the King himself. That's why after he died so many pirates decided to rush to the new world.

The comment Oda made about Akainu being able to reach One Piece in around a year seems even more strange now with the Poneglyph reveals

If I had to hazard a guess there's a method to decipher them on Wano, the home of the poneglyphs, or somewhere else. Otherwise Robin would so valuable everyone that their grandma would be hunting down the Straw Hats to get her.

Gatekeeper? I thought Roger simply offered Whitebeard the knowledge to reach Raftel and he declined since he didn't care about treasure.

Whitebeard only cared about his family, why would he "guard" anything for Roger?

I think it's more likely that the old men who are the highest ranking of the WG can read the poneglyphs and already know the location and secret of raftel. Akainu is practically their pet so they wouldn't mind leading him there since he doesn't care about the world's secrets and only wants to kill pirates at any cost. Robin is just the only person who can read the poneglyphs that isn't on the side of the WG.

It was said at the end of the Navy HQ arc that he was guarding the seat of the king of the pirates. Which is the reason he told blackbeard that he wasn't the one Gol D. was talking about. Whitebeard was waiting for someone to be strong enough to defeat him in the new world and claim the one piece. Which didn't end up happening because ace got captured.

cause roger was his family

So, a retcon?

Hold on, isn't this just a reference to how he was considered "the closest to One Piece" and how he thought Blackbeard simply didn't have what it takes to make it to Raftel and claim whatever is there?

I mean he is a "gatekeeper" in a sense, along with the rest of the Yonko, because they're ultimately all still pirates who rule the territory of the New World and they're not gonna roll over random crews who just appear and want to sail and possibly plunder their way to Raftel to claim a treasure considered the greatest of all.

Is there a good translation of this you can show me specifically because I thought it was simply a case of Whitebeard being so powerful that any of these crews that encounter him and his crew on their journey to Raftel, which is likely, lose.

I guess he doesn't tell the whole truth to make things more interesting.

The whole Macguffin of One Piece doesn't make sense since there are a million ways in the universe to reach any individual place.

Vegapunk could find the island in two seconds. Enel could land on it from the sky. Any of the sky pirates could take Kaidou there. Aokiji could ride his bicycle there and take Blackbeard with him in a month or two of riding. Any Fishman could simply walk to Raftel.

Whitebeard was never interested in the one piece. Rodger told him what the will of D. meant so only a pirate like the one Rodger described could become the king. Rodger treated whitebeard as a friend so whitebeard carried on his friend's will by guarding the one piece in a way. He never knew the location himself, but his connection to rodger made it seem like he could take it whenever he wanted and since he's the "strongest man in the world" no one dared approach it. At the time only one emperor was interested in becoming the king anyways, Shanks, and Shanks was shown to be willing to fight whitebeard but held off because he was worried about Ace going after blackbeard and what might happen if things went wrong.

That just proves there's more to Raftel then simply being an island you can spot from the sea or sky and just sail to without issue

Also to point out the obvious Enel was a sky islander and may not have even heard of One Piece let alone want to fly there, Aokiji doesn't know where it is and biking or riding that penguin would take forever and who knows what the New World ocean floor is like and if you can find Raftel from there let alone how arduous of a journey that would be (and there really aren't that many truly strong fishmen from what we've seen anyways).

I don't want to touch on Vegapunk, too many unknowns there and he himself might not care about it anyways

What if there are other things hiding Raftel? What if it's underground or underwater?

Might be simply translation issues, but in Crocus doesn't say the Log Pose will eventually points to Raftel, he says that no matter which route you'll take, you'll end up in the direction of Raftel. You can see that the routes collapse into one island, which then points to Raftel. And according to the Minks, the last Island is where you learn about the Red Poneglyphs and stuff.

That is complete and utter babble, especially the part about Shanks

I maintain that Whitebeard was only a gatekeeper in the sense that all the Yonko are, you have to get past all of them and their territories to approach Raftel and no one was able to do that. Roger offered him the knowledge and he declined, end of story. His comment about Blackbeard not being the one Roger is waiting for is not because he is guarding it specifically, but because he believes Teach is simply not the one who can really become Pirate King. The situation is different now post-timeskip, particularly with Blackbeard and his ambitions.

So you're saying that whitebeard was just being a salty bitch because blackbeard killed him? That's even more absurd than my post.

These were the same group that gave us tianjihado loluflamingo, user. Of course there's translation issues.

The point is that Crocus isn't saying "the log pose takes you to Raftel", he's saying "it takes you to the end of the grand line, where you can find Raftel". Important difference there.

One Piece plot crumbles under the weight of it's sheer length and the compromises Oda made for Jump and Toei. I still can't forgive them for what they did to Chopper.

What did they do to chopper?

Turned him into a moeblob.

He wasn't supposed to be in his cute demi-human form literally all the time, I think. Until he was made One Piece's mascot.

Also, his post-timeskip transformations are shit. Arms points and Horn points used to be cool as fuck.

I really only don't care for kung-fu point, horn point is fine. The weird neck brace hair for his large form is weird but it still functions the same.

The real complaint is how his small form became more "moe" and how many more "moe" moments he has had. I honestly find him both cuter and more presentable in his original small form designs, it didn't have the more chibi proportions and giant eyes.

I would have liked him to be in regular reindeer form more but that's neither here nor there

I think post time skip a lot of things are very messy. So far with fights it's like 80% luffy revealing his power-ups and we only get to see bits and pieces of what everyone else can accomplish. Along with some of the redesigns which are crap, the story pacing is awkward too where they devote a LOT of time to introductions but then have a most of the meat of the story shoved into the end of an arc within a couple chapters or episodes. Also the constant perspective switching is very annoying when you want at least one conflict to be resolved before moving onto the next one.

He was already one.

Not quite. Chopper used to look rougher and more animal-like.

>I find it hard to believe you're this retarded that you completely missed the point where there's currently only one person IN THE ENTIRE ONE PIECE WORLD who can actually read the Poneglyphs.

So what? If there's a will, there's a way.

When Roger reached Raftel people thought no one could read the Poneglyphs.

What if it's in the sky?

Why do you need 4 poneglyphs? You only need 3 in order to establish where it must be, then sail around the triangle until you find it.

That would only work if you are sailing a 2D field.

Raftel could be anywhere in the sky or ground as well.

Well then Franky messed up and better start consulting Vegapunk on aeronautics

Oh boy the posting about this when the red poneglyphs were first revealed