Is it any good?

Is it any good?

Yep, too bad it's finished never ever

The first half or so.

You might want to stop after that unless you're into shitty endings. The fixed (lol) ending is shit too.

Actually if you want to see off a good note, read no further than the LN 4th volume.

From what I saw it reminds me of Arifureta.
Without the useless harem, stupid OP bullshit, a real plot...
actually it's nothing like Arifureta disregard that.

So he leaves everything behind and goes back to the real world without his pet gf ?

In the original, apparently so.

I liked it until the loli grew up. Then it was okay. Then it went to shit once everything started going MC's way. When the Queen showed up I lost all interest.

He could've at least brought his waifu along, what fucking bullshit no wonder people don't like it

how is mushoku tensei?

How can you bring someone over if they're all fucking dead user?

The world hates the MC an the MC hates it back...

Sometimes with horrific results. Revenge and Vengeance!

Oh, and cute Tanuki action, also.

Pretty good.

Magic ? Power of love and friendship ? Nobody will care it's the end anyways.

Naofumi's shield only had enough immortality juice to bring him back to his world. Then, in the revised ending, they managed to bring Raphtalia with him too.

>Magic ? Power of love and friendship ?

No, the power of MONEY!

inb4 404

Nah, since this has a manga and the other thread that got deleted was about only WN/LNs. I havent used this in a while

>implying it was moved to anything

That reminds me...

Remember the disconnect between reading the TL chapters vs LN chapters?

>153033325
better

quite refreshing if you read it from LN, manga degrades quality

It used to be that way, i should update this.

Remind me again, also checked.

Right, thanks for the refresher.

FEED THE BIRD

Pathetic escapism for people who think the world hates them and want some revenge. I thought this was sad to read.

It's not healthy!

CRAWLIN' IN MY SHEILD
THESE WOUNDS
THEY WILL NOT HEEEEEEAAAAAAL!

Arifureta was like that, until mc met loli vampire in the lowest floor of the secret dungeon below the one his classmates went to

Is this why there's never any overlord threads lately

Why would the author conclude the story with such an awful ending? Who actually enjoyed it?

double doubles in a row, one responding to trips. Consider yourself checked.

only read the manga so far and seems good

I'm around WN's ~chap.201, and everything became so boring to the point that I'm almost dropping after investing so far.

Why did slave girl have to become legal

Yeah, I have to wonder what the fuck he was thinking. If he just wanted to end the series, why didn't he end it during the many many other points where things could have ended fine?

wait WN LN aren't allowed on Sup Forums?
But pretty much 60% of all anime made these days is based on various novels

and they always have only 1 or 2 seasons and never conclude the fucking story so you can't discuss the rest of it here?

That's fucking retarded

just drop it
there's nothing good at the end

I mean I guess you get to see how awful things truly get

Because autists create generals and circlejerk without content constantly. They brought this on themselves.

The mods are high on acid more news at eleven

No kidding. /jp/ didn't even want the subject.

It's a shitty revenge fantasy and you kinda stop caring when his powers are just Rou2.0 Shield edition.
It's okay till about the middle of the story.
Kinda sad it didn't go "Rogue merchant adventure" and they gave him titles/land about one third through the story.

Now this is good shitposting.

Some authors like to write for themselves, all orthodox structures be damned. If he wanted it to end in pointless tragedy, that's his choice.

Or are you saying the author no longer should have final say on his own work?

Honestly I do like this series though it is incredibly flawed. I'd probably rate it as 6/10 or so if I was gonna give it a score with 5/10 being average.

The problem is that they make everyone victimize the MC so much that it kinda comes across as laughable. I have a feeling that the author is a very bitter man who doesn't like others very much.

>If he wanted it to end in pointless tragedy, that's his choice.

I don't think that's what he wanted to do though. That's my point.
The way the story went it's more like he suddenly wanted to stop the story, not that he was from the beginning wanting to write a pointless tragedy.

Still, WN are very much LN betas. Reader input can alter the story, and many authors are okay with it. If he really, really wanted to end the way the first ending went, he could have. It's not like his readers can force him to do so. Besides, actual novels have editors. That first ending would not likely made it past any competent editor. And as we know from famous examples in cinema and other media, writers and directors do need editors.
So it's not like the writer is the only person allowed to have input on where a story goes. Most of the time shit gets edited and changed.
Even just showing the story to friends and hearing their opinion might get a writer to change how things go.

>Or are you saying the author no longer should have final say on his own work?

They should, within reason. If an author, for whatever madness, decides to do a 180 and piss on his own work, he should be stopped.

Didn't this series end with the MC, Raph and the bird becoming some sort of trans dimensional gods that drop part of themselves in different worlds to live a normal life and then pick them up to experience some happiness while they're off fighting the evil guys, which results in the hero sleeping with everyone under the sun?

>make thread on /jp/
>get attacked by rabid packs of 2hoefags and idolfags
>nobody who's interested goes there anyways

/jp/ is like "that place", if you have no idea what to do with something, you just sent it there.

>Didn't this series end with the MC, Raph and the bird becoming some sort of trans dimensional gods that drop part of themselves in different worlds to live a normal life and then pick them up to experience some happiness while they're off fighting the evil guys, which results in the hero sleeping with everyone under the sun?

that's the third ending.
The first everyone dies and MC goes back to real earth, alone.
The second raphtalia comes to the real world, and they live together, but everyone else on that world is still dead.

From what I understand, he changed it due to readers being really mad about it.

Only read the manga. Started great and progressively became mediocre. I don't care about it anymore.

Technically, light novels and web novels would make more sence on /lit/. I mean shitty books are still books. Small novels are still novels. But east and west stuff are not allowed to be on the same board, and there's not enough fans of LNs and WNs to justify another board so mods just delete that shit from Sup Forums.

It's not like /jp/ will ever actually discuss those things.

Starts ok, quickly become complete shit.
Avoid at all cost, even if you enjoy isekai crap.

>Loving the first few chapters
>MC hits rock bottom and decides to buy a slave to fight for him, pretty interesting
>...Slave is a cute little girl racoon
>Later on he gets an egg that turns into a not-chocobo for riding
>...The not-chocobo turns into a cute loli
>Later, a noble joins the party
>Guess what it is? Yep a little girl as well.

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Why are LNs cursed to the abyss if they don't slap waifshit front and center? It's not even that I dislike it that much, but it gets so blatant I can't take it seriously.

>those fucking endings

I'm not sure what you expected
every single image of this series has a girl on the picture

Didn't the writer get arrested for child molestation or something?

>boy joins the group
>"okay, finally some change of pac..."
>it's a reverse trap for some reason

After a while, l just assumed everything and everyone joining the group was female an l was right on the money, like, every single named male character was either antagonistic towards Naofumi or an autistic little shit, not like it's a big deal, but other LNs get away with having decent amount of bros, l guess l really don't like the whole "they're gonna steal our waifus!" the total lack of males in the main cast reeks of.

Heard on Sup Forums about the premise where the MC is accused of rape and gets shat on by the entire world, but instead of going all goodie two shoes and forgiving them he holds a legit grudge against them and wants them to die. I went and checked the manga and later found out it was a LN.

I'm aware it's no one's fault but my own, but it's still grating to get invested on a premise and see it go down in flames as more and more little girl join in. Sue I eventually expected healing for the MC and love interests, but the way it gets done here kind of stains the pace and atmosphere that was going until then.

Wow

>The second raphtalia comes to the real world, and they live together, but everyone else on that world is still dead.

I'd prefer this ending. Suits the premise the most.

Like every other Isekai is good during the first chapters while the protagonist don't act as your average good guy and is building his power.

Once he gets powerful, get his harem and acts like a good boy is pretty average and boring.

Its only redeeming quality is that it last more before going wasted, unlike most isekai that die in just 2-3 chapters

Things were already awful, and spoilers were scattered here and there, so it's time to drop.

I'd recommend Dungeon Defense if people here want to read a good isekai.

Reminder that Paimon did nothing wrong.

I would have really, REALLY liked this series a lot more if a couple of those other heroes were actually cool guys. The fact that they're all such useless dumbasses really just always felt so forced. If two of them had been cool dudes it still wouldn't change the story, that last hero could have just bought into the lies while the others maintained some healthy skepticism.

Ultimately I also wish that the harem was either dissolved or if there were multiple romances going on. I have never really understood the appeal of harem, I've always preferred seeing multiple couples find love. Is it literally because if all the chicks don't end up with the main guy people will cry cuck?