Referred to as "Tanya the Evil"

>referred to as "Tanya the Evil"
>protects her comrades and never betrays anyone
>recognizes authority and sets an example to everyone
>respects international law
>lifelong dream is to live a peaceful life

She maybe rough on the edge but she never had any ill intent so why call her such a bad name?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a54iqEr1flQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you heard of lawful evil?

Of course, D&D alignments are kind of retarded, but couldn't she have made them leave the factories before destroying them? Instead she delibaretaly acted in a way to have them stay.

Maybe it's more of a question of what is considered evil and I don't think the law has anything to do with it.

>You will never take bath with Tanya-sama and wash every inch of her body.
Why live?

Because we know her inner monologue.
She's a sociopath who just wants to beat being x by achieving a comfortable life.

It's not like she's doing any of these things because she wants to.

Hitler only wanted to unite the German people and expel the money grubby jews from the country. He respects international laws as well. He's an ethical person who loves animals and became a vegetarian.

He might be bit rough on the edge about jews but he gave them ample time to leave the country. Even asked other neighboring countries to take them, but they refused.

Fucking garbage that doesn't make sense considering what he was before

Wow you've convinced me. Hitler is a great guy. I'm now a V2 rocket.

A slightly ambitious upper middle management executive in modern Japan?
It makes a lot of sense, to desire a peaceful life if you're sent back to WW1.

She is selfish but she never harms anyone.
It does not matter how sociopathic or apathetic you are. You cannot be called "evil" unless you acted out your fantasies

>Hitler
>respecting international laws
What was the League of Nations?

>Hitler only wanted to unite the German people and expel the money grubby jews from the country
And to get Lebensraum in the east and to enslave the slavs. Why are americans so ignorant about history?

Not sure if you're baiting but gassing civilians is a severe violation of the international law

because they only know the parts they like and disregard the ones they don't as disinformation.

You mean the majority german regions where the (((slavs))) were genociding Germans?

>Lazy drunkards genociding anybody

You have brain damage.

She's not lawful evil, though but chaotic good

>He respects international laws as well.
Like the time he refused to pay the reparations or used.

Which one?

They're the invading force, they asked for it.

I don't think you understand what either chaotic or good mean.

>She is selfish but she never harms anyone.
Except those two soldiers she sent to a pillbox to be bombarded by artillery. Or all the subordinates she's abused. Or all the enemies she's killed.

wtf I love hitler now

Passable argument about the pillbox thing. Though, they should've known. Being mages, they know about warscape.
I don't remember seeing any (undue) abuse, though? Playing drillhat isn't abuse.
Enemies don't count.

She's pretty fucking evil. She bombarded her own troops with live artillery rounds, made a joke of slaughtering people, and sent her own soldiers to their death because they charged the enemy when they weren't supposed to.

League of Nations weren't effective at all. In fact actively discriminated against lesser countries which this reduced their credibility. They also were very limited in membership.

Russians were an active threat against the Germans. They were communist and had vested interest in taking over Europe. If not for Germans stopping the Soviets, France/Anglos would have to.

She's saturday morning cartoon kind of evil.

It was a pillbox in an area that was meant to be defended in the first place
They were being prepared for something even worse as they are special units for a reason
The enemies fired the first shot - she's defending her homeland

she literally treats HER OWN troops as disposable resource.

She was shocked when one of her subordinates almost died in the avalance. That implies that the live rounds were just for show to prevent her troops from using magic as cheat.

Just like any other General in history?

>League of Nations weren't effective at all.
It's irrelevant. LoN was the law. You disrespect it, you disrespect the international law.

>Russians were an active threat against the Germans. They were communist and had vested interest in taking over Europe. If not for Germans stopping the Soviets, France/Anglos would have to.
Sure, Hitler was an altruistic pro European saint. That's why he annexed Sudetes, Czechoslovakia, took over Poland with the USSR who he despised according to you and started a war by attacking France first. Sounds consistent and reasonable

> Versailles
> War reparations
French Jews designed those to keep Germany in ruins for the next hundred years. The reparations were nothing less than torture and the US said not to do it.

Generalship is the ability to manage resources on human scale

If the leadership is lax, then the structure falls apart

LoN was A law, not THE law. They left because they disagreed with how it was handling internal matters. Its impossible to disrespect a law which has no respect to begin with.

>Jews
American education is too unique for me

In any case it's all irrelevant. Law is law no matter how fair or unfair you think it is. If you don't follow it, you can't say you respect it

> The law is the law
And when the law says for everyone to kill their first born son, there is only one appropriate response.

I wonder how Tanya would handle virgin birth.

She would probably curse SONZAI EKUSSU the whole time and teach her child to do the same.

>protects her comrades and never betrays anyone
She's not doing it for the goodness of her hearth, in the military comradery is important and earns you respect, which Tanya needs especially considering she's a toddler AND wants to be promoted.
>recognizes authority and sets an example to everyone
Against it's the military and it's WWI, insubordination on the battlefield is punished with death, she really doesn't have a choice there.
>respects international law
It's advantageous for everyone to set rules in warfare.
She also wants to have power, I doubt she would be satisfied sitting in a manor drinking tea every day.

Hitler was in bed with the jewish banks, though.
If you are going to swoon over a nazi, at least swoon over Strasser or the Nazbols.

LoN was a collective security organisation. You can disagree al you want, but if you don't follow LoN's rules you don't respect the international law. It's quite simple.

Again, it doesn't matter. You may not follow it, but in that case you can't say you respect it. It's as easy as that.

Hitler was right.

Heil fuhrer

>I don't remember seeing any (undue) abuse, though? Playing drillhat isn't abuse.
Other experienced soldiers were kind of horrified about how far she went with it.

There's a reason why it's called Human Resources.

It's the name for americans. They think that World War was always a fight between Good and Evil. Tanya is on the Evil side, so murricans need this label to be able to digest.

None of those makes you evil. Just cold-hearted and logical but not evil

Also,
>I doubt she would be satisfied sitting in a manor drinking tea every day.
Her time as a student the military academy was the best she ever had in the new world

She was shocked because she didn't give her soldiers permission to die.
the paperwork would be a nightmare

She's the antithesis of the angel of a little girl she could have been if she didn't enter the army. Her foul mouth doesn't help her too much either.

What makes one evil?

>if not for Soviets stopping Germans, Anglos and France would suck cock.

Especially, considering how long France was resisting against German invading.

Harming someone for no other reason than ego and pleasure.
Stealing resources
Mindless murder
etc

Literally just the 10 commandments and hamurabi code

No you dumbo. She's called Tanya the Evil because both her enemies and allies don't have access to her mind (unlike the viewer) so they're judging her only by her actions.

Autism, of course.

Well, you know, this may tie in with the whole reason why she's in this situation in the first place, Yeah, though he followed the rules well in his previous life, "God" was disappointed in how immoral he was as a person. Or something. Can't recall the specifics now. In any case, he didn't do anything wrong.

...her actions makes her a great authority figure. Had it not been for her inner monologues, Sup Forums would see her as an edgier Kiritou

>10 commandments
Saying Lord's name in vain? Not having any god before the true one? Nothing about harming for ego and pleasure there btw.

[biblelfag]
That's too shallow of a definition.
The "Do not take the Lord's name in vain" does not refer to saying bad words about him. No, it refers to using the name of the lord as a way of controlling the masses and make them succumb to your will and serve your benefits

Really evil thing to do

>No, it refers to using the name of the lord as a way of controlling the masses and make them succumb to your will and serve your benefits
>Really evil thing to do
So televangelists are really evil?

Beats me.
Never watched any bible show since I got the internet

>The "Do not take the Lord's name in vain" does not refer to saying bad words about him. No, it refers to using the name of the lord as a way of controlling the masses and make them succumb to your will and serve your benefits
So, organized religion is evil?

No, they have cool powers and shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=a54iqEr1flQ

Curse you, being X, for making us able to read Tanya's mind.

Can we all agree X is Allah ? I mean the sissy christian god isn't even real and lacks the guts to play such games even if he did.

It is as evil as any organized group, really.
It can be used to unite people towards any common goal but those who fights monsters should be careful not to turn into monsters themselves

X is the demiurge, it's very obvious.

What a dissapointment, you've got a valid point and are not retarded. I really don't like you right now.

Her squadron has an insane survival rate, exactly thanks to her extreme training methods.

What you don't seem to understand is that the sections about God in the decalogue do not have to be interpreted literally, this is deliberate in every single bible translation.

In the manga she literally says she wants to raise a wing of meat shields.

Being able to interpret a rule whatever way suits you is really convenient

There's nothing convenient about the commandments that literally reference God, no matter how you interpret them.
They're both common sense, in general the Decalogue is designed so even idiots can understand it.

>I'm now a V2 rocket.

But her extreme training methods were designed to make soldiers drop out of her training, so she wouldn't have to actually go back to the front lines leading them.

The results are one thing, but it's her intentions behind her actions that make her a shitty person.

>There's nothing convenient about the commandments that literally reference God, no matter how you interpret them.
There are easily a whole lot of things that are convenient about it. Like being able to mark as sinner whoever you want when it suits you or claiming that you yourself are doing nothing wrong because that's not how the commandmenta should be interpreted.

>They're both common sense
Not using God's name in vain? Hardly.

>in general the Decalogue is designed so even idiots can understand it.
>What you don't seem to understand is that the sections about God in the decalogue do not have to be interpreted literally
Well, I must be even less than an idiot then and so are many other people. Or you just contradict yourself.

I want to scrub her perfect decks!

Than you follow the rules or break them.
But you can't say you follow the rules while breaking them

I'm confused. Does Salaryman, deep down, strive for perfection in everything he does/want to wage war and be a boss or how the fuck is he constantly fucking himself in the ass and getting into the front lines

Yes.

He's a libertarian incapable of understanding that people in WW1 times had different sensibilities

Blame sonzai x

Once the war ended, she is going back to being a man of trade than arms.

Polish Jews killing German blood in Poland forced him to act. Jews were behind everything wrong with the world, communism, banks that took advantages of Germany after WW1, England and American boycotts of German products, ethnic cleansing in Poland, etc.

Hitler did nothing wrong

Deus ex machina

She wants to climb the ladder to a position of authority so she can take it easy, and takes action to appear to be a good officer willing to fight so it's not obvious that she's aiming for a position in the rear, on the basis that officers that are that self-serving are prevented from climbing the ladder. The problem is that everything she does winds up working too well, and she keeps getting sent to the front. It's highly likely that God is arranging things so her military endeavours keep succeeding and therefore subverting what she actually wants.

Mfw HS can't even tell the difference between sensei 先生/Instructor and sensei 宣誓/(by) oath.

You set this up, sonzai x.

>Not using God's name in vain
That's not exactly what Exodus 20.7 says, at least in most versions.
It always boils down to some variation of "you should not misuse God's name", which very obviously means that God should not be used as a tool to influence and deceive people.

Now applying what I mentioned earlier, with "God" being non-literal you can consider this to be a passage that states that you should not use ideology in general to manipulate people.

>There are easily a whole lot of things that are convenient about it.
The broader you interpret the commandments the more restrictive they are, consider the example I made earlier, using a more liberal interpretation of "God".

>I must be even less than an idiot then and so are many other people
I dunno, "don't steal, don't murder" seem pretty straightforward.
I get that not taking the term "God" literally is something that might offend more zealous believers, which why they wouldn't do it.

The point is, if there is any point to this:
Think about why things exist the way they do.
What is the purpose of the ten commandments?
Do they serve a purpose if you remove the religious aspect to them?

>God
fuck off sonzai ekkusu

What was the deal with ther teammates asking her to do the war announcement?
I mean they didn't expect her to do that cute voice after all.
What were they expecting her to do when they wanted her to do it?
Were they thinking that they are imcompetent themselves so it'd be better if she did it herself or what?

>It always boils down to some variation of "you should not misuse God's name", which very obviously means that God should not be used as a tool to influence and deceive people.
Clearly to you, because that's your belief. To me it's not clear at all. I see no reason why you interpritation is better than any else.

>The broader you interpret the commandments the more restrictive they are, consider the example I made earlier, using a more liberal interpretation of "God".
Of course. You don't have to make your intepretation broad, you can make it flexible or just change it a bit and keep at that. The possibilities are endless when there's no clear interpretation.

>I dunno, "don't steal, don't murder" seem pretty straightforward.
And the "name in vain" one is clearly not. Also, is it "don't murder" or is it "don't kill"?

>Think about why things exist the way they do.
>What is the purpose of the ten commandments?
>Do they serve a purpose if you remove the religious aspect to them?
You can make up any purpose you want for them and interpret them the way that suits your needs. That's what makes them convenient

Because she's the highest ranking officer.

>denier of god not evil
>killer of men

My interpretation:
They thought the warning wouldn't be taken seriously if the lieutenant, a woman, did it and were confused.
Tanya then confirms that's the whole point by doing it herself in an even more ridiculous fashion.

Taking the lord's name in vain means that you shouldn't ever use it outside strictly religious practice.

>Because she's the highest ranking officer.
She herself ordered the girl to do it, I don't think the ranking is a problem here.
I feel like this one is not the case here as well.

>I see no reason why you interpritation is better than any else.
Just read the passage in a bunch of translations, you'll see it then.
The point is that you can't rely on a single bible, if you want to actually understand what it says. You always get the bias of the translators, you minimize that by looking at multiple translations and interpreting what you see in them.
My interpretation is better because I looked at more translations.

>The possibilities are endless when there's no clear interpretation.
Not with ones in question, they're very restrictive and restricted.

>Also, is it "don't murder" or is it "don't kill"?
I admit it says "kill", but the idea is obviously murder.

>You can make up any purpose you want for them and interpret them the way that suits your needs.
Yeah, sure.
But I want to hear your take on these question.

That's not what it means, simply because it doesn't make sense for it to mean that, considering the idea of the commandments.
It doesn't match the concept, because it has nothing to do with actually teaching morals, with telling people how to be a "good" person.
"good" being based on the cultural standards of the times

>sends 2 faggots to their death
>is happy about it
>not evil

nice meme

Sure you can. That's politics 101. Git gud scrub.

The order is to not speak God's name in vain, but God's name is not "God". It means the sacred, real name the ancient Israelis used for God. The word used in common speech is just an impersonal symbol like "Lord" or "Father".

Again, "God's name" is obviously a metaphor.

>sent to a fucking pillbox in the rear echelon of the theater
>it was her fault they died

Ye secondaries:
Tanya wanted to issue a warning according to international laws, but others thought that would compromise the element of surprise. And after misunderstanding upon misunderstanding, Tanya thought that they wanted the commanding officer to do it, so she issued the warning — in a way no one would take it seriously.

>Give out hot drinks to comrades in the trenches during school
>Evil