How do you feel about Nasuverse? Do you think it's well constructed?

How do you feel about Nasuverse? Do you think it's well constructed?

Do people even care about stuff like Gaia, Type-Earth and make sense out of it?

Pic partially related I guess.

I like fish. Specially smelly ones.

its one of the best universes for appealing to the weeb vn and anime audience, and is extremely versatile. has little bits of it that pull in people who wouldnt usually get obsessed over the same universe - the inclusion of historical figures for example. and its got your typical slice of life parts and your typical action parts, manages to use sex scenes to appeal to pervs, etc. just really vast in terms of who it can appeal to. the concept of it is fucking genius.

however its kind of sloppy and doesnt seem much more than a huge bin of concepts from all over the place, and although the combination of things is very original it doesnt have anything new to really bring to the table.

Is interesting, the world building he has been doing for the last couple of years is interesting. The revelations we had last year had a huge impact in the lore and revitalized the discussion.

I like it.

Worldbuilding was greatest during the KnK and Tsukihime era. Then Fate series came along and began shitting on it, letting secondaries have a hand to create more inconsistencies. There are too many inconsistencies to list that oldfags like me don't bother anymore and lose interest and only to look back on it by rereading old Beastlair forums or recalling old Typemoon memes. Now I feel more depressed as ever.

When did Crimson Moon stuff come from anyway? I don't remember any of that in Tsukihime.

It is a damn fun story. Fate > most other properties.

Kagetsu Tohya

Oh don't let me begin with the petty sorry ass excuse "different timeline" because that is bullshit. If there are infinite timelines, then there would be no limit to how much derivatives TM's can make, milking only what's popular instead actually making something different and amazing.

How did people take? The whole alien stuff. I remember finding Tsuikihime take on vampire pretty cool but then things quickly went weird when I read the extra material.

The concept of the Nasuverse itself, or its implementation? Personally, I think the concept is great, and I'm borrowing parts of it for my own story, but the actual implementation is unquestionably shit. Nasu is one of the most overrated VN authors around, and the anime that have sprung up around FSN are complete cancer.

Nothing? It was said in the VN that True Ancestors came from the moon. The prologue in Plus Period only elaborates on their origin.

I haven't really paid attention to anything Nasu in almost a decade, what happened?

I agree with this 100%.

I'm a light reader when it comes to Nasu and I can say that his writing is pretty entertaining, though not as much as Nisioisin. I just read 100 pages of KnK and it was pretty decent (probably because I read it for the first time).
universe building seems to be a very common thing among chuuni light novel writers like nisio,nasu, irumahitoma and so on. I think it is for your best not to take it so seriously and just enjoy humor that makes you laugh time to time.

It feels like there's a lot of well-developed pieces and interesting lore, but it doesn't seem to fit well together as one big picture, or even have a consistent tone, especially with newer content.

The core format of F/GO is to blame for this in part, because they need to be constantly introducing new Servants to convince people to part with their money. Even though a lot of groundbreaking lore and really good scenes with Servants both new and familiar, it seems to get buried a bit under the general wackiness of Counter Guardian Sad Boy, Rainbow Loli Atilla, Disco lion Edison, Da Vinci the immortal Milf, and the creepy psycho who wants to motherdom the player.

Oh, and another twenty saberfaces. Because if Takeuchi can't shove his magical realm onto all of us, he'll refuse to get any work done.

Contrast with KnK, Tsuki, and the other Fates, where even though some funny bits happened, the story was very well rooted in a mundane urban-fantasy feel, there was never a girl who fires a castle-destroying sword out of a water-gun, or one that kidnaps and rapes to death even enemies that don't have genitalia, or a fragment of a goddess that for some reason believes that it's a cat.

As a result, F/GO doesn't really fit that well together with existing lore because you have Nasu trying to write a mostly serious story while Takeuchi clones his waifu a few dozen times, RAITA tries to decide whether his next Servant will have banana or watermelon shaped tits, some executive tries to convince everyone that the players REALLY won't notice if they reduce drop rates of the more popular Servants again, and Higashide does his best to be as terrible a writer as he can.

This information comes mainly from Fate/Extella and Fate/Grand Order
>2 main timelines, one where humanity is strong and allows the summoning of heroic spirits (most Fate titles happen here), the the other humanity is weak, the strongest Dead Apostles grow even more powerful, heroic spirits can't be summoned here (Tsukihime, KT and MB happen here).
>there's a limited amount of alternate time lines, every 100 or so years the world makes a check list and the time lines with bad ends/stagnation/too advanced are purged and only the ones with humanity still thriving are allowed to survive.
>14,000 years ago an alien invaded the world and killed many of the proto-gods from that time, eventually it was defeated by someone using full-power Excalibur. Gilgamesh was present during that event
>every magus in the world is a direct descendant of king Solomon
>there are 7 beast that humanity have to defeat in order to keep existing, they may or may not be what counter guardians are supposed to fight. So far we know the identity of 3: Goetia, the 72 demons, Tiamat, the mother of all life and Cath Palug, the beast of revelations.
>pic related is Cath Palug, one of the 7 beasts, in humans-strong timelines it is raised by Merlin and become Fou, the mascot of the Chaldea Institute, while in humans-weak timelines it is raised by Altrouge Brunestud and becomes Primate Murder, one of the strongest Dead Apostles. Implied that Manaka summons Cath Palug in its pure form in Fate/Prototype.

I am unsure about stuff I never watch, play, nor read about. Can you post everyday until I like?

We also have some information about Beast VI, It's the Antichrist and its sin is decadence, it has some relation with the Roman Empire and if it's not Nero I'll be surprised.

Premise is decent, the 'route' nature is insanely annoying, just like seeing the batman intro again and again with slightly different actors.

I can tell that UBW clearly has higher production values and would probably be better than FSN (anime), but I just can't be bothered to watch it for any significant amount of time after having viewed FSN and played (and dropped) the VN.

See F/Z that's good, prisma illya is great (more on this later), and then watch either FSN or UBW or wait for HF if sakura is your waifu, idk desu I never got around to her in VN, maybe it's fucking great, I just couldn't be bothered to continue with the powerpoint delivery method of fanfic tier chunni/ero slosh to see). UBW is probably better than FSN anime-wise although I couldn't be bothered to finish UBW even though I watched FSN in entirety.

RE: "prisma illya is great". Not saying the fate franchise and characters on the whole are "bad", I'm saying the VN route structure applied to anime is is heinous. If you really like the VN then it's great I'm sure; I've liked worse things when I was younger, but assuming someone is old enough to be posting here, they're not find this story particularly interesting or worthwhile enough to sit through the same exposition dump and character introduction arc twice or more.)

Fate has interesting and endearing characters that feel wasted; they should do new stuff rather than retelling the same story repeatedly. Do a 'next generation' arc with Shirou and Rin's kid competing in the next grail war, Do an alt universe fantasy/comedy where the servants get summoned but the war somehow gets called off and they now live with their summoners and have to fit in with society having lost their 'powers'.

etc.. Fate is mostly missed potential.

>14,000 years ago an alien invaded the world and killed many of the proto-gods from that time, eventually it was defeated by someone using full-power Excalibur.
>Gilgamesh was present during that event
How?

Even if you take the Sumerian King list literally, the oldest Gilgamesh could have been was around 5300BC.

Dude ayy lmaos are the precursors of the Gods themselves

Gilgamesh literally transcends time, he is one of the wisest men in humanity's history, almost at the same level as Solomon and Merlin.

What about Judas?

>Being this triggered by Raita

I think it's a very versatile universe but not without its problems. You really need to rely on Nasus' "Don't think too hard about it" philosophy to enjoy everything. It's also really hard to get into with all the Nasuisms and chuuni speak.

However all Fate works, or at least the good ones, are a story of characters in the world instead of the story of the world around them, because of this I think F/GO is actually fine, at least in the later half. It has so many great moments from America onwards

I doubt he was there, but with his super clairvoyance he could've seen it happen.

You forgot Void

Nihei Tsutomuverse is better.

Nihei's manga do not take place in a singular world. This is easily verifiable: The Earth is devastated/destroyed by the Gauna in Sidonia; the Earth is consumed/repurposed by Builders in NOiSE.

>Nihei's manga do not take place in a singular world
Neither does Nasu's tho.

>however its kind of sloppy and doesnt seem much more than a huge bin of concepts from all over the place
That's only because of Fate though. Every single world mechanic and piece of lore in Kara no Kyoukai served a narrative/thematic purpose.

Never really considered it, that has no real foreshadowing going for it. At least with Nero we have the theory that Nero was the antichrist from the Book or Revelations as well as Fate Nero's thing as being the Whore of Babylon and Mother Harlot. It's been talked about in plenty of her appearances but never has anything happen with it.

before or after FGO?

None of Nihei's universes run on the same principles.

That's kinda what makes the Nasuverse the Nasuverse.

>Reminder that the Kawakamiverse blows most everyone else out of the water.