Re:Zero

I just finished watching Re:Zero and I don't understand all the hate it gets. I would go so far as to say it's a masterpiece. Why does Sup Forums hate it so much?

Sup Forums hates anything that gets popular.

Worst girl won.
Best girl was killed off-screen.

Funnily enough it's Sup Forums hating it to fit in on Sup Forums.

I liked it. The story was neat and I liked how Subaru acted like a fuck wad and was punished for it eventually learning his lesson like an actual fucking character, something not a lot of modern anime does.

I get unreasonably mad just looking at his face

wait, Emilia is dead?

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

rip felto

The only reason to watch it seems to be so you can talk about it on discords and other parts of the internet that have picked it up as a trend anime just because. It's not really special.

>shit MC.
>shit main girl.
>shit overused setting.
>full of cliche.
>10 million threads a day hyping this garbage.

Gee..

Why would anyone say Rem is worst girl?

>masterpiece
No, but it's definitely not shit, or even mediocre. I liked it, although it became super-mediocre for me after episode 15.

>Re:Zero anime
>Masterpiece

I'd slap your mouth but I don't want to get shit on my hand. They took out so much shit from the anime.

If you think Re:Zero is a fucking masterpiece you're clearly underage or new to watching anime.

>it was good
>it got popular
>anime has a lot of undesirables as fans, and they outnumber patricians
>popular animes get a lot of undesirable fans
>Sup Forums talks shit about re;zero because angering undesirables is more important

As it once was, and as it always shall be.

I liked it and all, but like damn. People talking like it was the best anime ever when it fell off HARD after the second arc. I legitimately just stopped watching after episode 23 for a while because it never got great again.

The anime was pretty bad to be honest with you

Everything started falling apart during arc 3 and arc 2 of the anime didn't even get its point across

Reinhard and Felt should have gotten more screen time.

They could have saved it by including the ending of arc 3 but god knows why Whitefox decided to cut it short.

Wait for arc 5, you'll get nothing but Reinhardt and Felt.

I'd imagine they wanted to end the show on a high note and leave "arc 4's" conflicts for the season with arc 4. I don't disagree with it, honestly.

whens the felix arc?

Arc 5 and EX novels

Because the show needed to be over at episode 15

If it ended there it would have been a 8.5/10
But it ended like shit and became a 6/10

>wah Sup Forums hates anything popular
Shut the fuck up retards
You gobble the trash everyday so you enjoy trash
You don't what good food is
All you know is trash so your only comparisons are trash

nice.

I dropped at third arc. It was too boring.

Or they could have ended where arc 3 ended.

>Subaru, right now, is defending that final fragment of hope like the very last bastion in his heart.

>—When he arrived in the Capital, he found Rem after the attack, and when he knew all was lost, without a shred of hesitation, Subaru stabbed a dagger into his own throat.
>What he felt at that moment, he could no longer remember. Everything had turned out so perfectly, so perfect beyond everyone’s expectations — But the truth is, throwing it all away in that instant, none of it mattered to him.
>If he lost Rem, if it meant walking into a future without her, no matter how many times he must endure that pain, he will —— Only this, Subaru clearly remembers.
>Penetrating his throat, in blood, pain, searing heat, and loss, he lost all consciousness.
>When he woke, what he saw was Rem lying in a bed.
>The save point had moved forward. The place of return had changed. Subaru saw hell, and only hell.

But instead they wanted a "happy ending". Fucking whitefox.

That probably would have bumped my rating of the anime to a 9/10 if they included that.

>they wanted a "happy ending"
I think they just wanted the next season to have its own conflicts and resolutions. Since it's not going to be out for a few years, it makes sense. The ending isn't the issue, it's all the dumb shit leading up to it.

Why does whitefox hate Rem so much?

Well if whitefox wanted that then why in god's name would they remove Subaru's visions of Satella or Al being from another world? Why would they also remove the various hints that there is more going on behind the scenes as well? Plus Subaru's feelings for Rem getting removed, as that buildup is needed if you want arc 4 to make any sense.

>25 episodes
>guys, the story has like BARELY begun
fuck everyone involved in this piece of shit show.

I think you're confusing me with someone who thinks they did a good job.

I just think there is at least SOME logic behind ending just a little bit before arc 3's actual ending, because stories should have a beginning, a middle and an end. There is a world of difference between incompetence and making a bad decision. Don't make me defend the way they handled the anime, I don't want to.

Its not even that they took out all of Subaru's inner monologues and thoughts as well, including other character's. Even completely removing scenes of Otto who is the main contributor to Subaru's party. Not to mention cutting up and time-skipping candidate speeches, political planning and battle tactics. They even went so far as to remove a scene where Felix was interrogating Subaru using water magic before Rem stopped him.

because it was boring and generic. If they even remotely cared about their characters and weren't just using every female character as poster dolls who fit perfectly into their archetypes and have the most popular one in a fetish maid cosplay the entire show

"saying both Emilia and Subaru are useless is wrong, both are stronger than Rem, they'll need time, just to let you know. Now saying that, i can see you're a hardcore Rem fan that won't give up. It is a good thing she didn't care if she's his second choice. She have always known that. Subaru will most likely marry both. I don't think you read the web novel anymore -.-"
"What you said is wrong, Rem fanboy. He loves Emilia because he saw her first, helped her first, yes its true the pain he went through made him fall for her, same for Rem, he went through pain for both, but mostly Emilia. You can't ignore that. Saying Emilia does nothing compared to Rem is retarded. She did more. Rem is the type of girl that wants attention. You 2 might did "research," but research means nothing compare to web novel/light novel. Emilia shaded Rem? My ass. That never happened. Rem had always been horrible since the day she was born, you can't change that. Emilia will always be the main heroine and it won't change. Who the fuck is MitroSpeed? Calling me a faggot make no sense, you're the only faggot here. "Rem" faggot in fact. How did the lust shape shift works? Rem was in coma you idiot. That is why he care for her more "at that time" and she is mentally 15 not 13, but her age is "18-19," of course it will say she is 107-109 years old, but that is because she was frozen for many years and she's a half elf. You can't change that either. Are you saying Emilia is the witch of envy? You're the type of person who know nothing and had no idea what you're talking about. Emilia will always be better than Rem, Period. Everything you say from now will be ignored by me, since you're the type of people who won't listen or give up. Nonce."

"Actually, he didn't confess to Rem first.."

Guys I found Spfag's youtube account

>Subaru's feelings for Rem getting removed
Anime-only fags are going to be confused where Subaru's strong feeling for Rem are coming from. I can already see the complaints now.

"Rem has already won" LMAO, no she didn't.. Emilia did. Plus Subaru said he loves both. Emilia isn't boring. You haven't seen much yet. Emilia started the plot and WILL end the plot. Anime didn't show much of Rem? The whole thing is Rem.. If there will be season 2, that is when they won't show Rem, because if there will be season 2, it will go from Arc 4,5,6. In these arcs, Rem gets in coma and what happened? Subaru and Emilia will be having a strong relationship, not only that.. Remember. Emilia brought Subaru to the Rem which leads us to meeting your beloved Rem. On other hand. Emilia plays a BIG role in helping Subaru turning Rem back to normal when she was in coma. How does Subaru suits Rem? No she doesn't. Subaru is the pride. Yes yes it might have not been confirm yet, but there are more than enough hints. Subaru's pride is Superbia. He can't just leave his love at first sight which is Emilia. Subaru said many times he loves Emilia(mostly) and Rem. If you really like Rem, thankfully author created a "what if" story for a bias like you. Go read it and enjoy it. Still can't believe you said "Rem has already won," it made no sense. "I think the war is stupid," then why'd you started it again? "Rem is a rising heroine," my ass. She is one of the main, well not in the anime, but later she will be in the anime, but really? rising heroine? Tappei Nagatsuki have already answered the question "Who will be the main heroine of the story," he answered "Emilia, i know that Rem acted more like a heroine than Emilia, but i won't change it." Continued

Why the fuck is spfag so cancerous

Continued from last post
"He needs time. Research doesn't change much. You know nothing about Re:Zero. I read the web novel, with the help of my 2 Japanese friends. What else can you deny? Well... You can, but that won't change the fact that Rem will never be better than Emilia.. Well if you don't count the anime. Emilia isn't his leader, she allows him to be her knight, meaning? her protector. She fall for Subaru since Well if you don't count the anime. Emilia isn't his leader, she allows him to be her knight, meaning? her protector. She fall for Subaru since.. Back at the mansion.. She doesn't know the feeling yet, but now.. She(once) did kiss Subaru(twice) in those arc 4,5,6. Rem IS technically a side ch"

I was laughing my ass off. This is why Emiliafags are driven off

That would be the most retarded ending ever.
>You gobble the trash everyday so you enjoy trash
Right back at you.

>There was a time people actually believed this man

I enjoyed it OP, although episodes 13, 14, 16, and 17 were a fucking slog that felt horrible, it redeemed itself with the White Whale arc

Who is Rem?

I'm sorry, but did Emilia already lose? Oh, that's right. The story isn't even over yet. In fact, Arc 3 isn't even the half way point. Does not having made a confession count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the Subarubowl is still on? The Emilia is still playing right now and they have been the best Girl in Re;Zero for how many arcs now? She's playing one of the worst Girls in the Re:Zero who just happen to have a lead because she's a potato laying on a bed. But you know what? Who the fuck is Rem? The Emilia is the best fucking girl in the Re:Zero, she went full lap pillow last arc and would of won the Subarubowl if he didn't choke and die. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be salty when the Emilia wins and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, I still don't know who Rem is. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Emilia topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like her because she's good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking animes on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing. By the way, who the fuck is Rem?

Hooray for old pasta

The entire post was just reeking him. I can't believe I found a wild spfag, once again trying to spread misinformation

What the fuck?
That's how arc 3 ended?

he didn't choose REM

But he did though

Wait.. I have just watched the Anime...

in the manga he does choose her?

>They start complaining Subaru's sudden 180 from Emilia to Rem and label it as "pandering"

If they'd remove the moeshit, it might have been better

>Post YFW Episode 15

Other than the fact that Subaru sneaks into her room every night then watches and touches her in her sleep. Yes.

They did both confess to each other after-all. Though Subaru said "daisuki", "suki da" and "daisuki da" while Rem went on another level with "aishiteimasu".

>Subaru sneaks into her room every night then watches and touches her in her sleep

To be fair, Rem does this as well when Subaru is sleeping.

Rem romance will still make a lot more sense than Emilia romance even if it's just "pandering."

At least they wont fuck up the development of Subaru's adoptive daughterus or any of the Witches right?

I like it
It reminds me of Steins;Gate in a lot of ways

Hey everyone, remember how at one point, Rem brutally murdered a sleeping guest in her house in cold blood across several timelines, even once cruelly torturing him to death, all because she thought that maybe he was working against Emelia, a premise she herself didn't seem all that sure about?

Remember how her astonishingly rash judgement and willingness to kill were never bought up again?

Pretty crazy, huh

slowpoke.png

yeah, it does have bad writing
but if torture and madness were a plot, they would have tonnes of it

>"Does Subaru-kun have any uneasiness at entrusting Rem, this kind of person, with this?"
>Those were the words she had unintentionally said. But after they were spoken, they left behind a depressing and heavy pressure on Rem's shoulders.
>*Yes, that must be it.*
>*No matter how you look at it, the fact that Rem had tried to kill Subaru-kun does not change.*
>Rem almost executed Subaru twice at the Mabeast forest. And if one were to count Subaru's final act of becoming bait to die, then it was thrice.

pastebin.com/WJjEkDsi

Witch cult members are known to possess the witches scent, which Subaru unwittingly has...and his is at the level of an archbishop, 2 of which (not including Betelgeuse) can solo and capture entire cities.
The witch cult is to be killed on sight. She made a rational decision in the grandscheme of things...even if she had acted rash.

Tbh that was one of the big problems for me too. I don't care how cute she is afterwards, I couldn't forget the brutal mutilation.

Well, they've toned some Rem stuff down in the LN. Either that or they rearranged it. It's not really a complete 180 either.
>in the manga he does choose her?
He decides to try going with both, but Rem is the one he told that he can't live without her.
That's about 90% wrong. She never killed him in his sleep. The only time she actually killed him was when he was already dying for reasons entirely unrelated to her, and she thought she may as well kill him herself. The other time was Ram.

It does though, during arc 2. Bits of arc 3 and heavily on arc 4. When Subaru witnessed what happens after his "death".

I hated the characters especially Subaru and found the whole thing rather boring to read through.

It never managed to hook me in.

Well suck to be you then, as this series is full of redemption stories.

You read and not watched the series yes? Can you tell me specifically what parts of Subaru's character was boring?

>never bought up again?

Pretty sure both Subaru and Rem still remember it.

>Remember how her astonishingly rash judgement and willingness to kill were never bought up again?
No, those are brought up. She also "jokes" about the possibility of having to "silence" somebody in the sidestories, or tries to pass it off as a joke. Subaru suspects she'd actually do it.

We evangelion now

Why is Betelguese such a great character?

the things men will do for pussy

Wait, forgot the better version I had saved.

It's pretty clear Rem doesn't really worry overly much about killing people.

I find it OK. Still questioning what was all that torture on Subaru for

Emilia can't die, user. If she did Subaru would just keep offing himself until she's back.

Because he used to be a family man who has everything taken away from him and also being forced to kill his own lover.

Honestly don't know how people can hate Re:Zero but like Konosuba.

They say the characters in Re:Zero are annoying, but all the characters in Konosuba are waaaaaaay more annoying and useless to boot.

But I like both

Because he is a villain who is not actually a villain but is actually a villain

He had the opportunity to do that before, and didn't take it. So far the only people who he's killed himself to try to save are Rem and himself.

Actually that's sorta wrong. Since so far in this series which is arc 6 Subaru only kills himself when he can't save Rem or he is about to die anyways.

>That picture

Holy shit do you want me to cry or something user?

By the way I imagine there will be some moments like this post-arc 6, when Subaru and Rem fight and die in each other's arms in some battles.

You know, I almost agreed with him when he called out Remfags for being delusional, but he's just such a total jackass. What's even with that line about Subaru being stronger than Rem? Otto is stronger than Subaru, even with his new power to give three handjobs at once.

If this is SPfag, then he's just as delusional as the most delusional of Remfags. Of course, we already knew that about him.

>If it's for you, I'll become special

>Though, I'm me, and nothing more

god I just want to punch Subaru in his stupid gormless idiot face

Is that what it says?

Fuck you, I watch real anime. If you want to enlighten yourself try watching a real anime like pumpkin scissors before you rave about this garbage.

Rem fags everywhere. Personally I think elf sex would be better

Rem would probably be more lively than her in bed, even in a coma.

>I would go so far as to say it's a masterpiece
>It's a masterpieceofshit
fixed for you

nah

>uses her oni strength to completely dominate you in bed and has her horn suck all the mana out of your dick

You can always suck on the horn to turn her into jelly too.

Nice one. Ram is fuckin sassy as fuck better than Rem in my perspective

We need one of Subaru kissing Felix with Ram, Rem, and Emilia in the background. It'd be hilarious.

>Ram and Subaru
>Actually being romantically involved wither each other ever

The layers of NTR caked onto that if it actually happens is humongous. You'd effectively be cucking Roswwal, Gaaf, Rem, Emilia and possibly Otto. Not to mention how Subaru is treating Ram nowadays with him treating her like Rem because of how broken he is without her.

That's because Rem prefers teasing to direct sass.

Now the problem here is that Ram falling in love with Subaru would cause her attitude towards him to soften up, and she'd basically start turning into a Rem clone.

>possibly Otto
Nah. That's just a meme ship.
>Not to mention how Subaru is treating Ram nowadays with him treating her like Rem because of how broken he is without her.
He slips up a little every now and again, but he actually seems irritated by her resemblance as of Arc 6. Though he's getting over comparing her to Rem at all times

Most popular anime on Sup Forums last year by a landslide. Sundays were the best.