Kimi no na wa

So I just finished this and did neither of them ever bother to look at a calender at all when they were swapped?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Your-Name-Bracelets-Jewelry-Lovers-Hot-Japan-Amine-Movie-Red-Cloth-Silicone-Wrap-Bracelets/32791211621.html
tohoanimationstore.com/shop/g/gTASG00231/
the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hey that's my complaint too

I assume they did since they were leaving notes in the diary app for each other
Musubi though...

I made a Frodo thread about it.

Apparently, in US and Japanese locale they don't have the year.

Although I've permanently set my locale to Japan (because reasons) and I see 2017 in the bottom right hand corner.

Even presuming they don't see the full date on their laptops surely it would be on every diary entry and the front blackboard.

Why did they not give each other their phone numbers? I know that leaving messages in their diaries was a plot device but they literally could have just texted each other to update their days.

They did though. But their numbers always left a "call could not be received".

they did try calling each other, Obviously it didn't work

Is this movie supposed to make you want to kill yourself? It's been a few days and the feeling is not going away

Why? It had a happy ending.

I dont know that's why im asking

Maybe their memories were fuzzy.

same. because deep down I know I will never be able to experience that kind of relationship

Rather easy, actually, for a movie that seemed it could be filled with plot holes.
First of all, numbers in your dreams are totally inconsistent. Of course, this here is no dream. However, it was suggested it felt like one and they did kind of forget shallow details, so it's safe to assume their days as gender benders worked like that.
You don't remember it very clearly at all. That's about it.

Never suggested or implied on-screen until they they tried calling each other towards the end. But I guess it's true that they tried in the past, but never mentioned it for some reason.

That's the trick to get a repeater, user.
You felt emptiness, right? Now you have to watch it again to be fulfilled and get drained again at the end.

Now it makes sense why it made so much money

how often do you check the calendar, user? I know more or less what day it is and I think the characters would to even with the body swap thing.

It is as if it were a dream, the grandma also describes it like that and regrets never pursuing it in her youth
It's not a particularly clever story but any inconsistency can be dismissed by the mystical element of it anyway...

>caring about year

You only do that every January 1.

aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Your-Name-Bracelets-Jewelry-Lovers-Hot-Japan-Amine-Movie-Red-Cloth-Silicone-Wrap-Bracelets/32791211621.html

>Not buying original Chinese Amine merchandise

>aliexpress
Why do people keep buying shits from this chink site

Oh fuck that. I dont want to feel like dying every time I look at my wrist

>dreams
That excuse stops applying once they figured out that everything was real and not dream.

What about Musubi?

why didnt she just kidnap Taki and take him home to feed him sake

It's not as clear in the movie as the book but the closer they are the more they remember to the point where they remember each others memories (taki recalls their first meeting in tokyo before he knew her and obtained the bracelet)
after the meeting at twilight etc they forget everything and it was as if were a dream all along

Would've been hot if a 3 year older Mitsuha-senpai kidnapped Taki in the present and made him drink her sake

>not buying a hand woven kumihimo from Gifu prefecture

tohoanimationstore.com/shop/g/gTASG00231/

Just 12000 yen.

Why not?

They have best Japanese merchandise

pic related is mitsuha and taki-kun's future

Yotsu you

holy shit why is japan such a jew

fuck

It made from real silk and traditionally hand made with the same method that Mitsuha uses. No wonder why the price is skyrocketed.

how do you say oy vey in nipponese

why did this movie get so popular?

the description makes it sound so generic.

i don't care if you spoil it, is the writing any good?

オイ フェイ

Its a cute love story. Nothing more nothing less

The fact that it punched above its weight in the box office created a lot of buzz,that doesnt take anything away from how very good it is

The feels user.

Pottery!!
Shinkai is truly a master and this is his masterpiece! Kimi no Kino!

Does Shinkai put cameos in their movies? I would love to see the two of them just walking in the background in their next movie

koe no katachi

The teacher is from a previous movie that I didn't watch

Not at all. These experiences could still have felt like a dream, noneteheless.

It's a "will they or wont they" plot with fantasy elements, of course it'd be popular.

The teacher from Garden of Words appears in this one with a speaking role. Wouldn't be surprised if Shinkai also started doing this for his films, as long as they're not some sort of extremely alternate setting like his fantasy or sci-fi film.

Here,have a low quality Mitsuha

Mitsuha is nice, but here's a equally low quality best girl

Why was it Taki that she switched with? He didn't seem like he was dissatisfied with his life like Mitsuha was.

Musubi wills it

Because Taki a cute

Mitsu just wanted a handsome boy in Tokyo, so maybe he got picked at random.

Taki-kun might be the perfect person for the job.
>young
>lives in tokyo because mitsuha likes it and for the paradox to work (mitsuha meeting taki-kun first)
>architecture so he can draw landscapes and such
>forever alone so he'll search for dat mitsuha pussy
>big dick, probably
>get along well with mitsuha's friends
>mitsuha likes okudera-senpai
>tough guy and will fight when mitsuha is being bullied at school
>will carry grandma

Assuming they do get married and fug, will it be a daughteru? Mitsuha's family seems to be full of women in each generation

Oh, I dunno user. I think that depends on what sex position they do it

Isnt the sex position thing a myth

I don't think I'll have the chance to test it

To an extent. Sperm containing male chromosomes travels slightly faster than sperm containing female chromosomes so the deeper in you ejaculate the greater your chances of having a girl.

Or it may be the other way around.

i laughed at the meteor kills everyone reveal. fuckin wild

... thanks for ruining my day.

>Mitsuha's family seems to be full of women
yeah seem like daughters name after their mother not father.

wew lads

They're women dominated family since it is their duty to be miko, every men married into this family need to use Miyamizu last name.

>Mitsuha is literally the husband of the relationship

Wew

Well, their shrine got completely fucking wrecked by the meteor, so there's really no need for Taki to marry into her family anymore.

They even continue the tradition without knowing any meaning behind it. I bet Yotsuha still have to make Kuchikami sake untill she lose her virginity.

What happens if Taki drinks Yotsuha's kuchikamizake?

Threadly reminder that Keit-ai is now the highest grossing anime film of all time.

>$331 million

the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films

was taki successful just because he was cool/confident? he didn't really seem that way in his own life

So why didn't they figure out that they're 3 years apart on top of switching bodies every so often if they're leaving notes by cellphone?

...made only a fraction of what Your Name made. Your point?

They mention in the novel that they also tried to call each other on the phone throughout. In the movie you only see it after Taki's failed date and as Mitsuha is searching for him in Tokyo three years earlier, but it's not the only time they tried.

Because the deus ex machina thought he's the best boy to find out the nature of love through cellphones.

"Don't think"
-Makoto Shinkai

You don't even need to check the calendar; if you watch the news, browse the web, read any papers, something will always tell you the date.

How would they find that out if we accept they didn't notice the year in each town was different? They were both 17 to each other.

Shinkai explained this as the liveliness of opposite gender or something along that line.

he climbed a mountain to drink her spit

Don't you do crazy shit in your dreams? They were in a dream-like state and thus they acted in ways they wouldn't in their regular lives, like Mitsuha spending so much money on sweets.

who wouldn't?

This movie is everywhere, from bookstores to my local theaters. Was it really that huge?

It's still showing in cinemas in asia after 6 months or so.

How does a kissu from Mitsuha feel like

Yeah, the second top grossing japanese anime ever made.

high school mitsuha or old hag mitsuha after taking 8 years worth of dongs?

Worldwide, it's the top grossing period.

It may 'feel like dream' but they were entirely conscious of the fact that it was not a dream.

>still using the shit rip

I don't think he knows that it's mitsuha's fluid

I don't really wanna bother with the 540p plane rip I'll jus twait for the BD instead

Yeah, I doubt she told him in emails since she was embarassed to have made it in the first place, so unless he knew what kuchikamizake was on his own, he probably thought it was just regular sake that Mitsuha made as an offering.

He knew. The name (口噛み酒, " "mouth-chewedsake") tells itself.

This
>come to Sup Forums
>people talking about old stuff and "currently airing" anime from 3 years ago
>realize the truth and possibilities
>start messing with the world and my other person

So is there any other stuff coming out of this? Other Shinkai works have had an expanded manga and stuff, so will this one too?

I hope this movie popularizes body switch.

Yes.
Novel, side novel, manga, and (possibly anthology if Kadikawa press this hard enough).

How much of that is going to be translated?

there is a seperate novel that covers stuff they did while the body swapping was going on
hopefully they will end up being animated as shorts or something

what kind of stuff?

I'm just waiting for the manga to be released over here, already got the novel.

>hopefully they will end up being animated as shorts or something
This would be great. Make them four OVAs or so.

stuff they only briefly touched on in the montage maybe more I dunno

All of them are licensed by YenPress.

I hope no sequel comes out of this,if it does,limit it to short mangas and novels like what they're doing