How do you translate lolicon into english?

How do you translate lolicon into english?

Other urls found in this thread:

collegium.or.jp/~sagitta/ocm_homepage/html/kouza_backnumber/kbn63.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It translates to closet pedophile.

Closet isn't implied. It just means pedophile

True connoisseur

Pedophile.

Person with a lolita complex

Pedophile

A scholar with good tastes.

dolicon

Pedophile

It literally means lolita complex.

I want normie to leave

Why don't you take a seat and ask this gentleman?

You look at your audience and decide what would make the most sense to them. If I'm translating something for normalfags I'd probably go with "pedophile" even though that's a clumsy approximation at best. But if it's an anime series meant for otaku then I'd just leave it as lolicon since that's a pretty well known term among the audience of the show and I'd rather not rid the term of all its nuance.

Creep
Peophile
Human trash

Question, why is it "lolicon" instead of "lolicom"?

I don't understand.

Yeah but the cartel are infamous for over-localizing their translations. They love to pretend they're translating for some wider audience that knows nothing of anime or otaku culture.

lolicon. that's it
anything else is people with agenda trying to push their definition

I literally just watched this yesterday and I have forgotten who she was referring to. If it was Koromo, then I don't remember the context. If it's anybody except Koromo, then the existence of Koromo has clouded my memory.

Person who likes anime girls who appear to be children.

In this case they are right. "Lolicon" is like "anime" or "manga" or "sakuga." It has a different meaning in English than than it does in Japanese. In English anime means Japanese animation in the style of Osamu Tezuka; in Japanese it's just animation (so Toy Story is anime) Manga, same; Superman is manga in Japan. Lolicon in English means someone who likes 2D little girls; in Japanese, it just means pedophile.

Because it's an anglicization of a Japanese portmanteau of two English words that gradually got whittled down into something that resembles its own new English word.

Lolita complex ----> ロリタコンプレクス ----> ロリコン ----> Rorikon ----> lolikon ----> lolicon

Is how we ended up with that term. Japanese can't form diphthongs with "m"s so they use n instead. "Konpurekusu" is how they write "complex".

How do I stop myself from masturbating to this dragon?

It's how japanese works.
It's conplex, not complex because they only have standalone n in japanese and every character needs to have a vowel after it unless it is a vowel or the letter n.

Oh.

>In English anime means Japanese animation in the style of Osamu Tezuka

That's hardly the most awkward Japanizing of an English word, not when you have shit like vampire -> banpaia going around.

>in Japanese, it just means pedophile.
But it doesn't. It refers to an age range that's strictly pubescent. Maybe the japs are retards and use it wrong just like there are tons of english speaking retards who use "pedophile" wrong. No amount of retardation actually changes the literary definition of words.

How dare you use Ichigo Ichigosaki for shitposting.

Mexico -> Mekishico.

>in Japanese, it just means pedophile.
Actually no, it doesn't. The Japanese word for pedophile is 小児愛者, that's the term that shows up in their legal documents and psychological studies and so forth. Lolicon is a slang term that has no legal, medical, or other official meaning and is just a colloquial way to refer to obsession with little girls. Yes it has a lot of overlap with pedophile but it has less of a sting to it because it's like saying "you've got an unhealthy obsession with young girls" without actually accusing somebody of being a child molesting pedophile. See the difference?

Depends. Is the source being used to refer to an otaku who faps to his loli 2D waifu? Then lolicon. If it's being used to refer to a sick person who kidnaps little kids and rapes them in his condo, then .

>have standalone n
Half right. It's that their words with ん sounds are pronounced in a way that's a mix of -m and -n like how らりるれろ isn't strictly rarirurero but a mix between R sounds and L sounds. This is also why both senpai and sempai are equally valid way of transcribing 先輩 because it's not a strictly -n sound as we know it in English.

well to be fair "lolita" came from that old Russian book and apparently the girl was 12

But fampai exists while fanpai does not, f a m.

>that old Russian book
Lolita is an English novel. Nabokov wrote Lolita in English first, then later translated it into his native Russian. People seem to think that just because Nabokov is Russian he wrote all his novels in Russian originally.

Platform -> Homu

《(和)Lolita+complex》幼女・少女にのみ性欲を感じる異常心理。少女ロリータを愛する男を描いた、ナボコフの小説「ロリータ」による語。ロリコン。
The disordered state of mind of feeling sexual attraction to little girls, including prepubescent (youjo).
Sort of. "Pedo" works for someone who faps to 2D lolis too. Milder and less clinical than "pedophile" but still has the same meaning

lolita complex/lolicon/little girl fascination

ok whatever but the point is much the same

Obsession with little 2D anime girls

Unrelated to your post, but man, that's just an awful, inaccurate chart.

No not really. Nabokov spoke English fluently, and certainly wrote it better than most native speakers can. If anyone is qualified to add new words to the English lexicon it's him.

that wasn't the point
the point was that the girl in the book was probably pre-pubescent considering the time period
is this better for your autism?

Half right again, ん actually represents a range of nasal consonants used in Japanese, m is one of them, but others are not even used in English such as the uvular nasal.

Yeah that doesn't really contradict anything I said. It's used to refer to people obsessed with young girls and has a lot of overlap with the term "pedophile" but remains distinct from it in its usage because of its connotations.

Mangaka who write complicated non-japanese names in katakana with no romanization need to be strangled.

>are not even used in English
I know, but I was talking about in reference to the English language which is that it's a mix of -n and -m. Otherwise, it'll be pointless, like the らりるれろ example which can't be strictly transcribed in English.

Holy pedophilia complex, Batman!

Let's not forget that you also face the same vagueness even in English. Most people just use pedo as the general/catch all term even when they really mean ephebephiles.

>well to be fair "lolita" came from that old Russian book and apparently the girl was 12

My point is that it's not "mix". Sometimes it's precisely the same sound, and sometimes it's a different sound, depending on what word it's being used in and how the speaker speaks. That's not like らりるれろ, which is consistently different from any consonant used in English but sounds like a mix between l and r.

>ephebephiles.
Stop it with these stupid fucking tumblr/reddit/wherever the hell they're coming from labels.

Or you can stop blaming others for your own ignorance about words that predate those communities. You are just as retarded as those faggots from tvtropes that ruin the usage of tropes and deconstructions.

Loliphile

Those labels are older than the internet you dumb fuck.

>precisely the same sound
No.

>That's not like らりるれろ
No

You're still thinking in terms of English pronunciation. Stop that.

You dumb fuck, don't post at all if you have nothing to say.

Take your own advice.

Just fuck already.

What is it with some of you having to act pissy the moment conversations don't go your way? It's childish as fuck.

Ah, so people were retarded before the internet, sorry for being optimistic. These terms mean nothing and using them perpetuates the myth that 18 years old is some kind of magical barrier that somebody becomes an adult once they cross.

English speakers use pedophile to mean everything from a babyfucker to somebody who has sex with a 17 year old a week before her birthday. But even setting aside misappropriated usage of the term, even its pure definition isn't really applicable, or more accurately it's lacking the right connotations. The closest thing we have in English to lolicon is probably "pedo" because it at least shares some of the connotations that lolicon has by dint of being a slang term. It doesn't have the cultural nuance that lolicon does though, and for that reason I'd say if you're willing to use "pedo" then lolicon would be just as fine.

Lolita complex.

Normalfags fuck off.

Small girl lover

Got to agree with this guy, the ん is a pretty variable sound. You can write 海浜幕張 as Kaihinmakuhari instead of Kaihimmakuhari if you want, but that'd be retarded, because the ん in 海浜幕張 is a very distinct 'm' sound. Other times it's very distinctly an 'n' sound, like in こんにちは. The ん in 海浜幕張 and the ん in こんにちは are quite different.

Simple, unambiguous, and accurate. Better translation than pedophile at any rate.

Much better.

- it doesn't use Tanner's research on a small nonrandom malnourished group of girls from 19th century England
- it doesn't extrapolate the trend too high (>16.5) or low (

>using them perpetuates the myth that 18 years old is some kind of magical barrier that somebody becomes an adult once they cross
No, that's just you making up shitty assumptions.The word doesn't mean what you think it means. Go read a book sometimes. But I guess that requires effort, so much easier to blame it on some other groups.

Shut it you nonce.

Those terms have absolutely nothing to do with the age of consent and in fact predate age of consent laws.

I wish nonce was a term in American English, but unfortunately it sounds too silly for our parlance.

>It's a 'retard hates to admit he's wrong and proceed to shitpost' episode

Kiddie fiddler

collegium.or.jp/~sagitta/ocm_homepage/html/kouza_backnumber/kbn63.html
Fucktard

Being a lolicon doesn't make you a child molestor.

>18 years old is some kind of magical barrier that somebody becomes an adult once they cross
It doesn't though. That's just you still being stubborn and refusing to accept that others called you out on your shit.

Read your own link first, fucktard.

You should at least look up the definitions of these terms before you run your mouth like an idiot. They have nothing do with the age of 18 (or any age of consent for that matter), they're based around puberty.

>" without actually accusing somebody of being a child molesting pedophile
"pedophile" and "child molester" are not synonyms, they are two separate categories, though there is overlap between them.

It always amazes me how you fags can have a long civil discussions about major topics but then suddenly fly off the handle and jump straight into petty insults over the little things.

"Middle aged fat child cunny connoisseur with glasses and trench-coat on an appointment with Chris Hansen."

cracked.com, please

>Labels r bad
Where does this shitty mindset come from?

It's unfortunate that the English language has been vandalized for the convenience of the poorly read.

>m before p,b and m
>n before t, d, n, r and the rest
>ŋ before k,g and ŋ
>Archiphoneme N for the rest
>mix of -n and -m
Whatever you say

2D pedo if used in the context of Japanese animation, comics and artwork.

Pedophile has that connotation though. The very fact you felt the need to point that out to me (which was unnecessary because I'm well aware of the difference) is proof of how strong the criminal connotations of the term pedophile are. And those connotations are pretty much exactly the same in Japanese for 小児愛者. Lolicon does have sleezy, quasi-criminal connotations but they aren't nearly as strong and the term doesn't come across as being clinical or accusatory as a result. It's something you can use jokingly, as it's often used in anime and manga. The serious implications are still there, but the term itself is not a serious one so it lessens its bite.

It's true though, not all pedophiles molest children, and not all child molesters are pedophiles.

Aye, I find it especially odd when people call someone who had sex with a 17 year old a "child molester"

You're on an anonymous imageboard. You should know this.

Clearly we have the moral high ground me follow redditar! :3

>The very fact you felt the need to point that out to me (which was unnecessary because I'm well aware of the difference) is proof of how strong the criminal connotations of the term pedophile are
I felt the need to point out because you made the connection.

Considering that you're comparing two different things, looks like you need to brush up your english comprehension skills first.

>mix of -n and -m
They are not what I'm referring to in the context I posted. You are talking about a different thing and you didn't even realize it. If you have good english comprehension skills you'll find that there is no contradiction.

>Whatever you say
I will, since at this point you no longer about a discourse and just want to be right at all cost.

>implying Cris Hansen can teleport faster than a lolicon from Sup Forums
The amount of time spent speedily shoving snacks into my mouth doesn't just go to waste you know. I've developed extremely precise hand coordination, there's no way he can evade my sword.

Speaking of which, has the episode with the fedore guy aired? Haven't bothered to keep up with his new show as they've been rather underwhelming.

Yes because I was illustrating how the term is used. When you call somebody a pedophile it's basically akin to calling them a child molester, because that's how most people will take it. It has very heavy connotations. By contrast calling somebody a lolicon is less serious, it has a wider range of applicability. Like, you can use it for somebody whose behavior is kind of suspect around young girls, and you could maybe laugh it off. You couldn't do that with the term pedophile without putting people's backs up and/or seriously offending somebody or ruining their reputation.

>Labels r bad
That's not what he said at all. He said those labels are bad. Learn to read.

I really don't when we divide the site up by adding labels for what kind of content goes where.

Without explaining why those labels are bad it's the same as calling labels bad in general.