Seriously, how do we fix the huge shit sales problem...

Seriously, how do we fix the huge shit sales problem? I can't bear to see good and even high budget anime selling only 1-2k copies, each season the majority of the shows sell under 3k.

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/22199/Akame_ga_Kill?q=akam
honto.jp/netstore/search_10フリップフラッパーズ.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsT2DMyp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We need to write a letter

stop pirating anime through nyaa and some private tracker and your favorite IRC channels, buy those expensive Bluray Discs when they become available on Japan

Apparently the industry is moving away from reliance on disc sales, though gradually since most Japanese companies are leery of new things. Also studios don't necessarily benefit from disc sales unless they produce the discs themselves, so it's kind of a moot point with regards to supporting the creators of anime.

All that money only goes to the producers.

Only buy whatever you like because you like it and it has value to you, not because you think that you need to support a billion dollar industry.

Anime companies need to slam monetization on Jewtube videos, only Toei does that.

Simple. Stop being poor. Buy 10k copies of your favorite show every season. Convince others to do the same. Problem solved.

This. Blindly buying things you don't need is goyim attitude.

>simple
>stop being poor
Pick one, you retarded shitposter.

>All that money only goes to the producers.

The people who produce anime? Can't let that happen.

>being this retarded

Sadly 90% of the world is goyim.

If its not you, then its the 9 others after you.

Late night anime sales have never been spectacular.

Please, even Trump could do it.

>caring about sales
Anime studio is just a place the Yakuza go and launder their money.

Who buys DVD's anymore though? Or even Blu-Rays? Japs are always last to take on new ideas, they need to modernise and embrace streaming services.

I wonder why people produce so much anime material. The demand doesn't seem to justify it. How does the industry stay afloat in this environment? Government grants?

>Best selling =10k
Yeah no

>even Trump
That's like saying the guy is a 1/10.

You don't have to answer to an ironic comment just to brag about the fact that you are poor and can't change it.
Not sure why you'd even want this.

Yeah no what retard? Low selling seasons have been a thing since forever, specially winter seasons. Try lurking more you fucking newfag.

But what are salesfags gonna do if sales becomes irrelevant??

If pirates paid $5 for an entire series most shows would double their profit

How is that bragging? I'm just saying it's not simple. Are your sure you're not trying to project something here?

That's when they order pachinko.

Focus their data obsession about disc sales towards merchandise sales and streaming service profits instead.

>it's a piracy is not stealing/downloading TV recordings of anime/downloading from nyaa doesn't hurt a billion yen industry: the thread

>double
more like x100 fold, some anime has like 2k sales and easily hundred of thousands, i.e. akame ga kill = 2k sales and 300k+ viewers on MAL alone myanimelist.net/anime/22199/Akame_ga_Kill?q=akam

How dare you insult OUR president!

You can't tell me that you took his advise serious.
If you didn't you should know that this guy knows that it's not that easy to earn the money for 10.000 Blurays, so no point reminding him.

If you know that it's pointless to tell him things
he already knows, i have have to assume you just really wanted to say that anyway for personal reasons.
Maybe you just really like to act retarded, i don't judge.

I'd buy the ones I like if they weren't $500

This isn't a thread about vidya though user.

I also know it's retarded to buy 10,000 Blurays when you only need one.
>inb4 redistributing the BDs

Most late-night anime is nothing more but an adaptation of an already existing manga or light novel meant to make people interested in buying more manga or light novels.
Then you have late-night anime that is meant to promote video games and mobile games, and late-night anime that is meant to promote cardgames, late-night anime promoting idols, and late-night anime promoting music.

In short, late-night anime is exactly the same as mainstream anime for little kids that is trying to entice them to buy toys of their favorite characters and easily comprehensible manga, but it's targeted towards teenagers and young adults instead.

There's a reason so many anime these days are part of giant franchises or LN adaptions.

It's all just advertising.

>problem
The problem is that you're used to focusing on the runaway hits that make 10k+ once every other season and think that should be the norm. 3k is respectable enough and will usually make a decent profit due to merchandise beyond the BDs.

Is she okay?

shoga nai
elevens have shit tastes

Care to elaborate?

How do you hide ghost investors in a small scale business where expenses and income are easy to track and the profit margins are small, if there is any profit at all?

Gastronomy and gambling offer so many great opportunities for creative accounting. Why anime?

cool

>huge shit sales problem
simple. explain to japs that charging 200$ for 3 upscaled episodes on blueray is retarded.

By being part of a production committee. Not all the members need to be named, only the ones that are the majority sponsors.
The huge quantity of anime shows produced each year allows one to easily conceal their tracks.

Netflix.

Most shows are 7500円 per two-episode Blueray. That's 60€. Not very much. Except if you live in Russia or Nigeria and that's your entire monthly minimum wage.

>60 euros for 2 episodes
>not very much

How out of touch are you?

Maybe Japan needs to realize that discs are not relevant anymore.

My monthly income is about 600 EUR netto. I live in the central Europe and have an university degree. 60 EUR per one disc is a lot.

>60 euros for 2 episodes
Is anime really that expensive?

Interesting. Thanks.

>Seriously, how do we fix the huge shit sales problem?
What problem are you even fucking talking about OP? Kimi no Na wa came out recently and is the highest selling animu shit ever. If your show or movie fails and dies, it deserved to fail and die. It's simple 2D survival of the fittest.

As far as nip tastes are concerned it's more like survival of this shittest.

I wish they never fully distribute their anime to America (by streaming), or we will stop having moe anime. Just let

I live in central Europe, first world country comparable to Japan, and dropped out of university twice. Monthly income is 2400 netto wage plus a few hundred from a side business. I'm still below the average national income with that. 60€ per disc is really not that much.

Late-night anime is a niche product. Niche products are more expensive than mainstream products. Normal standard stuff.

I would love to live in the Germany, too. Alas, I was born several hundred km to the east.

Daytime anime BDs cost the same amount and sell less. Discs in general are very expensive in Japan. It's because they still have rental places, so they have old price structure for home media where video stores are the primary buyers, prices are high, and volume is low

Your precious streaming services could be compromised by a crisis a world away, but my fuckin blu-ray will work so long as I have access to a power outlet.

Sure. Have Flip Flappers as example. DVD is DVD, ブルーレイ is Blu-ray

honto.jp/netstore/search_10フリップフラッパーズ.html

Manga are dirt cheap in comparison. 400 to 500円 per volume.

Maybe they should producing fucking 40 shows every season then.

If I had it my way, each studio could only produce 3 projects every year at most
2 1-13 runs, and then a larger budget 26 episode run or a film.

>owning all of Flip Flappers would cost me around £600

You'd have to be true masochist.

Check out this poorfag.

Only if you buy Blu-ray AND DVD. Why would you do that?

Studios are like every other business. They need a constant workflow to not go under.

No contract means no job means no way to make money means the business closes down.

Compare it to other medias and you'll see that it's a fuckton more expensive. 2 episodes is about 45 minutes, for the same amount of money you can get an 8+ hours triple A video game, watch about 6 full-length movies at a cinema, get 2-3 books with at least a couple of hours reasing time. This is without taking into account that you don't even get the full experience, which should cost €360 for 12 episodes.

Sure, €60 aint that much, but a lot of people try to limit the amount of money they spend on entertainment. If you consider that, 2 episodes of an anime is very little for your money.

fug, that's expensive.

Make blurays cheaper and stop being a fucking jew with them.

Japan still puts three to four episodes per BD disk and thinks that's acceptable then charges $50+ for them. They could easily fit at least 12 episodes on a BD

>Stop being poor.
Was posting Megamind part of your plan?

Sell them on itunes and amazon for about £1.50/$1.20 per episode with subs, with discounts for buying full cours, and get them delicious gaijin bucks. Gotta be download though, not streaming.

What if they decide to quarter the price and then the sales only double?

Is she okay?

She's dead, so no.

Do... do you not know what a producer is?

Is unavoidable the phisical copies are bound to become collectors material. The only solution is switch to online market.

Who cares what the nip producers make the nip otaku pay for dumb prices? That's a nip problem, which they deal by complaining on their own message boards about being ripped off.
All you need to care about is if the company responsible for your region that bought the license for it is making a good job or not regarding streams or discs.
And don't ever listen to any moron saying that you should buy the crap from Japan directly in an attempt to "support the industry" and ignoring middlemen when said industry is richer and healthier than ever, and those middlemen pay a large amount of money to the producers anyway.

Nobody cares about the dumb studios who are just contractors to the producers.

>Seriously, how do we fix the huge shit sales problem? I can't bear to see good and even high budget anime selling only 1-2k copies, each season the majority of the shows sell under 3k.
It's funny how you think this is only a problem now

I want you to guess how many of the anime in this image sold more than 5k average

Japan is eons away from fixing its physical sales problem. We're talking about the country where idols encourage their fans to buy literally hundreds of their CDs, and they actually do it, the absolute madmen.
When stacked up next to all the absurdly priced merchandise, is it any surprise that BDs are also overpriced? It's not going to change.

Back then internet wasn't so big and there weren't that many tv channels.
So they get more money from tv broadcast.

That's because they're sold dirt cheap to boost numbers

Make high quality english subs a standard when producing anime, promote things like Crunchyroll, in general, make something like anime Steam. You get promotions and sales from time to time. Shiny ,,achievments" when you watched this or that mongolian cartoon. Buying anime has to be easier and providing better product than searching for torrent. Also, we all togheter should really do our best to buy shit from studios. Being responsible consumer and all that. No shit, most autists torrenting shit is on a level of a nigger/gypsy in restaurant, trying his best to not pay for his food.

Sounds like pure cancer and everything I despise, but it could work profit wise for them because people are stupid.

Worry not, she was daijobu in the following scene.
That's how cartoons works.
youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsT2DMyp8

Things are currently getting "fixed". If for the better is a different question.

Worldwide streaming site subscription fee income has reached a level that is equal to the income through disc sales in Japan last year.
Don't ask me for source. Read it on yaraon. I think in late autumn. Make of that what you want.

>high budget
When will this meme die. As long as the show is not an original and it sells more than fucking fractale, it should be okay. (So FliFla was really a flop, sadly)

yeah but everyone else is dead inside

Maybe you should fix your attitude where everything below 30k is a flop instead.

What is it with retards and that argument?
Is it so hard to understand this simple chain of reasoning:
Producer hires studio, studio creates success, producer gets a lot of money, studio can ask for more money in the future because of their track record.
Alternatively:
Producer hires studio, studio creates failure, producer gets no return on his investment, nobody wants to work with the studio in the future because of their track record, studio commits Sudoku.

It's like you don't understand concepts like "future" and "time".

Fuck that, the last thing I'd want is the influence the west has over anime increasing.
Pirate everything.

Yeah, they should emulated other places, because maybe then they'll be able to be just as successful when it comes to animation as those places are.

No. The producers just hire a cheaper studio, thanks to an abundance of them existing.

Worse than Bush.

Start buying anime. What other solution is there?
Truth is that mobage and gacha eat up the lion's share of an otaku's disposable income that would've otherwise gone towards anime.

>promote things like Crunchyroll
Nope, CR is killing anime, they buy dirty cheap licences with pocket change, funimation, toonami and 4kids do the same shit with shit dubs performed by random un-charismatic random people.
People should support the producers, not garbage 3rd party companies.

>being a responsible consumer

Spooked
Firing up my torrent client rn

Fix the Jap economy. They have negative interest rates and it is still struggling.

Tell me again why do I have to pay 100$ for... 2 episodes? One would think that for the 100$ you would get the whole series.

Bush was great though.

Because supply and demand. Enough people are still willing to pay for it at that price and lowing it doesn't gain them much more sales to offset the cost.

>physical media
>2017
ok grandpa

>lowing it doesn't gain them much more sales to offset the cost.
I'm not sure this is true. They may be pricing them that way because everyone else is pricing them that way.

Japan still uses fax machines all the time.