The alt-right tried to make their own Internet after being banned from social media — and failed miserably

The alt-right tried to make their own Internet after being banned from social media — and failed miserably

rawstory.com/2017/12/the-alt-right-tried-to-make-their-own-internet-after-being-banned-from-social-media-and-failed-miserably/

Other urls found in this thread:

science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-tech/sustainable/waterless-toilet.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=U4ZKl4EvWxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

archive it you fucking clickbaiting curry packer

After being banned fromsites like Twitter, Facebook, GoFundMe and YouTube, alt-righters quested to create their own version of the Internet — buttheir“alt-tech” sites might not be a great as they’d hoped.

AsThe New York Times‘ Kevin Roose reports, even the alt-right’s flagship sites, like Gab (their Pepe-themed social network modeled after Twitter) and Hatreon have “long load times, broken links and frequent error messages.”

Gab was billed as an alt-tech success after raising $1 million via crowdfunding and subsequent claims of 300,000 active users (including Milo Yiannopoulos and The Daily Stormer’s Andrew Anglin), but as Roose discovered, the site is now “buggy and confusing. It appears to have fallen the way of Ello, the short-lived social network that debuted in 2014 to ample fanfare but died shortly thereafter, with only a small core of dedicated users making up its’ activity.

“I’m a creature of habit, and fell out of habit of posting there,” Pizzagate provocateur Mike Cernovich told Roose.

Hatreon, too, burst onto the scene as the alt-right’s response to GoFundMe after the popular crowdfunding site kicked users off en masse for being bigots. Despite boasting campaigns for figures like Richard Spencer (who advertises his von his newly-unverified Twitter profile), Hatreon currently is not accepting pledges because, as company founderCody Wilson told Roose, a major credit card company “kicked Hatreon off its network last month, preventing many users from funding projects on the site and all but killing the company’s prospects for growth.”

Wilson also told Roose that he doesn’t identify as alt-right, and that building ideology-based alternatives to such giants as Facebook and Twitter might be a fool’s errand.

you're the stinkmaker that posted the onion "article" too aren't you?

Do liberals honestly think Twitter is a successful platform? The site is like 60% bots, advertisers don't even touch it anymore.

lol that headline is next level
i don't even care what the article says
delete your life, pajeet

Umm citation needed

Do these people even do any research? Gab has nothing to do with the alt-right and was not made by the alt-right. If they even bothered to keep track of the far-right tech "authority" Weev they'd have been aware of this months in advance of deciding to write this article.

I can't believe these people actually get money for the nonsense they spout.

>Cernovich
>Alt-Right
LMAO

Also it's pretty retarded to claim that longer load times means they failed. Twitter and facebook haven't shoaed enough of our guys to make alt-tech really grow.

You should go check out hateron poo. Place it hoppin

Goddamnit pol can't you fucking do anything right ?

I hate liberals but does your post make sense? trump tweets. Let me guess you are too right wing for trump.

I'm still on twatter. Never been suspended and only been in twatter jail once. I guess I fly under the radar.

>alt right
Is that even a thing?

>not hiding behind a memeflag

The brave little poo.

Reminder that all poos are subhuman, and you should never listen to them. If you openly shit in the street you need to be wiped off the map.

>failed miserably
>what is Discord
nice try CNN

science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-tech/sustainable/waterless-toilet.htm

At least shit on the beach like the civilized denizens of Liberia

youtube.com/watch?v=U4ZKl4EvWxo

> failed
What? I thought Gab.ai was lackluster, but not terrible. Ditto with YouTube alternatives.
> miserably
By what measure?

t. literal web developer