Half of Republican voters missing from Alabama senate vote

I've been looking at the election result data and something isn't quite adding up. In previous Senate elections Republicans have won by 30 point margins. In 2010 they had 967,861 votes for 65.3% while Democrats had 515,049 votes for 34.7%. In 2016 they had 1,335,104 votes for 63.9% while Democrats had 748,709 votes for 35.8%. But in 2017 the Republicans only get 650,436 votes (atm) while Democrats get 671,151 votes. The Democrat vote is about the same as previous years but the Republican vote dropped by nearly half (48.7%).
So my first guess was maybe there was one or two counties that my have suppressed their votes or even tossed away their ballots, but after looking at percent change by county, the number of Republican voters dropped by half in all of them. If you look at the number of primary voters, Republicans had their usually lead over the Democrats; Rep with 388k voters turning out and Dem with 149k voters. So the first mystery is where did 500k Republican voters go? Did they really not vote or was there maybe foul play.
And I know my chart is ugly, I didn't want to spend all night on it

TLDR: Did something suppress republican voters in Alabama?

Other urls found in this thread:

al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/in_final-hour_order_court_rule.html
nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones
nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama
realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2016_general/senate/al.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Did something suppress republican voters in Alabama?

A pedo as the candidate and trump’s broken promises.

Ya The allegations dum dum

he literally just kept one of his promises last week you shithead shill

>71% of Alabama Republicans believe the allegations are false
Na

looks like they just threw half the ballots out and called it good. when they were counting or somewhere else they just counted every other rep ballot or something and now we will never know because they wont keep the fucking data

Moore was a shit candidate. Dems are going to see this as a victory and use the strategy to flip govt in 2018.

But there's a lot of shit coming down the tubes. We don't know how fucked this can get yet.

I'm convinced 2018 is the worst election year in history. The worst candidates. Non-stop shit coverage. Disney buying FOX. 30 more sexual assault cases. Then theres the Mueller case which could go either way.

I think this is it guys, this is the beginning of the end.

It's possible that half the Republicans stayed home because they were disgusted by the allegations. That could have happened.

But then why was it even close? Pollsters had Jones winning by several points. If Moore's turnout was way down, why didn't he lose even worse than that? With that difference in turnout, he should have lost by 20 points. How did he have many fewer voters, yet more votes than expected?

you idiots literally sperg out daily because he is one of the few politicians keeping his word.

You think anti-White sentiment is bad now? Accelerationism here we come.

Our unemployment has gone down to 3.8 (been 6.2 for the past 6 years)

But I guess it's not because of Trump. Even when 200 coal jobs opened up back in my community. After Trump talking to them during his campaign trail.

Wow shareblue cuck you sure fooled us.....

Because the polls are shit and the statisticians have a left leaning bias

Same thing that "suppressed" Hillary vote. Immoral shit candidate's

>shareblue
>thats my argument

I think that is a bit much, it isn't the end if we can keep people informed on when the media is lying. We just need to step up our game

I seriously doubt it. All it takes is for net neutrality to fall through. Its no coincidence that Disney is vying for fox at the same time.

You really don't see how losing 30% of your voter base would hurt? And what of the people that weren't sure about his wrongdoings, you really think they voted too?

The allegations wrecked an otherwise mediocre/average candidate.

one based Austrian

and one shill Austrian
What are the chances?

>Rank of captain in Army
>Alabama judge for decades
>Wild accusations with no evidence surface out of no where
"he was just immoral, user"

Dems will taking slowly over the senate, rip drump kike faggots, this presidency will be a big footstep to destroy kikestan.

Half of them didn't want to support a potential child molestor. Is that really so hard to understand?
The allegations might be bullshit, but they're more credible than the one's fired at Trump, and if any group of people hate pedophiles its Republicans.

Its a loss guys, one that anyone could see coming.

They actually did vote too, I think ~5% of his voters even believed the allegations according to exit polls.

Not saying it isn't bad, but being an accelerationist is not a viable option. If you're unwilling to fight to save yourself, fight to save your brothers

Take it easy Akmed!

> they're more credible
How? Exactly the same fake news pushing bellingcat-tier shit. With half of alleged proof found out to be faked by accuser and the other half looking exactly like the faked part.

>most republicans in AL are old boomer evangelicucks
>get all their news from the (((tv)))
>the same tv that's been constantly calling Moore a pedo for months
>half of republicans stay home
There probably is voter fraud occuring but even with that, Moore should've won if only whites weren't still under the spell of the talmudvision.

Do they not have Fox news in Alabama? Do all Alabama Republicans watch CNN there? That's definitely not it, user. Even so, the older generations turn out in droves anytime there is a vote

not true Evanglicans voted 81% for Moore though most people were expecting in the high 80's

Yeah you're probably right. That's just the only reason I can think of that half of the republicans wouldn't turn out to vote.

I guess Repubs didn't want to vote for a pedo.

That is very strange. It would be hard to come up with a believable explanation for why exactly half of every district across the state supposedly stayed home.

>Did something supress republican voters in alabama?
Propaganda and fake news.

BAMPH

This needs attention!

Recount must occur by law, paper ballots should still be in play even if digital copies were fucked with by shady court order.

Moore admitted to dating girls that age. His defense was that they didn’t have sex and he has the mothers’ permission to date.

Hey OP, where did you pull the data from to make the chart?

Eventually you'll have to get your guns and remove the democrat menace.
No doubt there was fraud, they tried it in the Pres election and were caught in Florida.

How Alabama was stolen: gaslighting and voter suppression to collapse White turnout.

680,000 less (R) Alabama votes for Moore than for Trump, 320,000 less (R) votes than for last 2010 Senate election.. Dems ran a successful voter suppression campaign gaslighting Whites that bullied them to stay at home. Dems did NOT increase their vote, they only suppressed ours just enough to win.

So where is the crime or amorality?

A few observations... Could the Republicans be discouraged? Could those Millions keep Democrats motivated and getting a much better get out the vote operation? The numbers look bizarre but we have no comparisons to other special elections. Maybe these types of discrepancies happen elsewhere? -We aren't pollsters.

this post caused a massive trigger

What could they have done in practice to suppress R votes on such a massive scale?

al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/in_final-hour_order_court_rule.html

Hmm

2017 results
nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

2016 Presidential election results
nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama

2016 Senate election results
realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2016_general/senate/al.html

The 2016 Senate and Presidential votes were nearly identical but I believe the chart actually depicts the percent change between the 2016 Presidential election and the 2017 Senate election instead of using the 2016 Senate election. So it is probably off by a tiny bit.

>Dems ran a successful voter suppression campaign

or much like how Clinton lost, the GOP ran a shit tier candidate. Roy was unable to motivate the more moderate side of the GOP base to get out and vote for him. I've been GOP my entire life, granted it west coast base but still and there is no way in hell I would bother to vote for Moore. Guy just seemed like a total bible thumping super far right pos, I did not even care about him wanting to bonk teens in his 30s. Everyone wants to plow a hot teenager.

The only difference between this election to other senate elections is that it was a special election. Would that really make such a big difference though? Everyone in Alabama had to of known the election was going on