Kimi no na wa

>kimi no na wa
BRAVO

They actually say "namae" though.

the name of the movie is kimi no na wa you dingus

I've yet to understand why the name of the film in English is "Your Name" as opposed to "What is Your Name?" or "Your Name Is".

Anyone willing to afford me a real explanation?

Dropped the film right here.

>8 years worth

It probably just sounded better to the producers.

I think you don't get OP's joke.

The only good meme from SAO.

Does anyone remember which pronouns Mitsuha used when she first talked to Taki's friends?

So, they fucked after this, right? Please tell me they fucked.

She NTR'd him.

Atashi, Watashi, Boku, Ore.

Soooo like why didn't they react to the year difference everytime they looked at the date in their phones?

Why wasn't boku ok?

Because he normally used ore.

Her husband and children walked round the corner

Is it so strange to change it?

It is if your friend suddenly changes the way he refers to himself without any reason.

because it's not a question

Someone asked this in a previous thread.

It just looks like it's a plot hole. They switched 11 times, each time for at least an entire day, but never noticed the date.

Why wouldn't it be the first? "Kimi no na wa" isn't a question or a statement. It literally just means "Your name."

My keitai doesn't even display the year, unless I open the calendar, and usually one has no reason to check the year.

You're generally required to write it on your schoolwork, not to mention it's displayed everywhere on TV and just about anywhere in cities.

Maybe they had no tests on those days and didn't watch TV or pay attention to dates at all? That's the only explanation.

>After all we truly are "Kimi no na wa"

Their memories were messed up though, I mean that's a big part of the plot, Taki couldn't even remember what town Mitsuha lived in. Not to mention they forgot each other's names.

underrated post

can someone explain what are differences between those

Do you even anime?

yes
but i honestly do not know
i never really paid attention to stuffl ike that

male vs female, but even if both boku and ore are male, you don't just change it without a reason

>boku and ore are male
is there is no diffeerence?

There is, but I'm not knowledgeable enough. Iirc in some anime the characters claimed that one of them is used by "tough guys" (or people who want to be seen like this).

>we wrote about our days in each others' Keit-Ais[ver. without year display](TM)

I guess it's really just laser-guided amnesia targeting their awareness of what year it is. Because plot.

>laser-guided amnesia

Atashi - femenine
Watashi - formal
Boku - boyish
Ore - masculine

Koe no Katachi was better. Thank you based KyoAni.

im never gonna watch another makoto shinkai movie ever again i don't want to get disappointed by another lame ass ending such as this

>Watashi - formal
And feminine if used in informal setting.

>Boku - boyish
It's a softer/more deferential pronoun for males or can be used as a second-person pronoun when addressing children (informally).

See you in 10 years