Why did people like this fan fiction garbage? It goes against everything Gundam stands for

Why did people like this fan fiction garbage? It goes against everything Gundam stands for.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwR_Vu6FSYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but there was child abuse

>It goes against everything Gundam stands for.
So it's actually good?

It's basically 0083 part 2.

Pretty but kind of bad.

What does Gundam stand for exactly?

It's a shitty toy commercial and nothing more. There isn't a single good gundam show. Decent maybe, but not good.

Most anime are essentially toy commercials, music videos, or trying to shill the manga/LN

I'd agree on the technology being absurdly advanced but what else was wrong with it?

In that case it really does go against what gundam stands for, as the author himself originally thought that it wouldn't ever get gunpla due to the difficulty of adapting the designs into toy format thanks to all the details, thrusters, and joint covers. And the HG kits are notably difficult to work with for a modern gunpla due to all those things and the bad seam lines they cause.

But Bandai sure showed him.

Gundam more so than normal for a teen targeted anime. Gunpla is a mass market item that isn't restricted to just hobby/anime based shops. Its more like those shows aimed at younger kids meant to shill toy merch like yokai watch, beyblade, etc. New gundam series are basically just big advertisements for Sunrise and Bandai to peddle their new line of model kits.

>But Bandai sure showed him.
Kek.

How does it go against what gundam stands for?

A like it or hate it story

But that's not Unicorn, user...

>Why did people like this fan fiction garbage?
Because it was come out at the same time as IBO airing.

How does Unicorn go against everything Gundam stands for?

Unicorn's ending retcons F91 and Victory.

It doesn't. Having a positive ending that implies that things will change doesn't mean it will eventually go that way. This is a Gundam staple if you didnt notice, see 0079 and CCA. People will ignore the box like they ignored UNDERSTANDING stopping Axis.

>0083
>bad
Other than the bad romance that every gundam ova suffers from, what was bad about it?

>goes against everything Gundam stands for

Fucking elaborate because I've seen every UC Gundam series and most AU titles.
Thunderbolt is some of the best Gundam we've gotten in years.

It doesn't even feel like a Gundam show. Too dark and gritty, violence too graphical, humorless, sexually explicit, no kids and newtype autism.
Gundam for people that don't like Gundam.

So what you are saying is that Thunderbolt is a good piece of fiction and therefore not a good gundam.

what

>to much violence
>why so serious
>eww sex
>no small children for me to sexualize
You produce so much estrogen that im starting to feel like a faggot.

I don't agree with half your gripes on it. Gundam has always been kinda dark. At least in Thunderbolt they realize they're in a war and don't run off to do some bullshit beach episode or something.
I'd genuinely like to know what your favorite Gundam series is.

youtube.com/watch?v=EwR_Vu6FSYY

Build Fighters. It does by far the most with what it's got.

Have you watched any Tomino Gundam?

Gundam has never had one set aesthetic. It varies depending on who is doing it.

there were plenty of kids

they were all slaughtered, though

there were some kids. they all died on their first missions, as kids usually do in war

Where is the IBO thread? There's usually one or did no one watch today's episode?

not much happened that we weren't already expecting
>bad guy gets wrecked
>not-char starts insurrection

>everything Gundam stands for
>war is bad
>protagonist is an indecisive pacifist fucker
>antagonists retarded
>reused scenes
At least Thunderbolt changed the stale Gundam template

we have zion as the protagonist this time, so its not surprising everything else is turned on its head as well. gundam user is a psycopath, the young die first, the burden of command is actually incredibly tough for the unprepared, etc etc

>hy did people like this fan fiction garbage

You mean like all those other side stories?

I know really makes you wonder

Ok

>It doesn't feel like Gundam because it doesn't make light of war despite Gundam's overreaching theme being "war is really bad"

Case in point.
Gundam dark is nothing like what you see in Thunderbolt.
Do you think that the scene you posted is anything like, for example, the scenes when all the kids are thrown in the meat grinder and die like fleas while screaming in agony? Even when millions of people died, Tomino Gundam was never that explicit and distasteful.

How can you even call Build Fighters Gundam, it's literally Medabots with Gunpla models.
I liked season 1 tho.

So it isn’t a retarder adolescent power fantasy.

All the attempts at drama were bad, not just the romance. 0083 is good mindless action and schadenfreude.

I mean the format has been changed before, its like not Thunderbolt is the first to ever do it

Not even katoki wank could save it.

STAND UP TO ZA VICTORY

>I like my anime gritty and mature like Kara no Kyokai and Texhnolyze
fucking faggot

I was expecting Akihiro to land the blow, but that worked too. Amazingly enough, I think an user called it last week.

I haven't watched this one, is it not about a bunch of kids proving adults wrong wrapped up in a sloppy anti-war message while making war look fucking awesome in order to sell toys at the same time?

retarder

>It goes against everything Gundam stands for
So it's actually good?

>war is bad
Check
>antagonists retarded
Check
>reused scenes
Check

So Thunderbolt only had one thing and its not even a staple of the franchise.

What's wrong with free jazz and big mecha sorties?

Jazz has been good in other anime. But in Thunderbolt it just sounded like a mosquito.

Thats an oddly specific comparison

That's not a criticism, nigger. Whether it gels with other series with the same title has pretty much nothing to do with whether it itself is good.

These. I bet OP hates G Gundam too.

Hating Turn A would be a better bet