Who is the absolute worst Shounen protagonist of all time? I don't just mean "Oh...

Who is the absolute worst Shounen protagonist of all time? I don't just mean "Oh, he's kinda cliched and generic/annoying".

Which MC out there is so, so bad that you had to drop the series?

Pic related for me.

Tokyo Ghoul is a seinen manga you stupid fuck.

>Pic related
>shounen

But I agree that he was terrible in the anime.

Best example a failed character.

In name only. It's literally just a Shounen disguised as a Seinen.

Learn the definitions of words before you use them. Shonen/seinen describe exclusively the target demographic. There is nothing other than that.
It's 100% seinen.

probably some harem protag, like the fag from no bra

for nekketsu/battle shonen, naruto is one of the worst

obnoxious, retarded, fake underdog, creepily obsessed with another guy and constantly contradicts what he's supposed to represent

if someone can cite another shonen mc who went through something as humiliating as the hyperventilation scene l'd be curious to see it

>Shonen/seinen describe exclusively the target demographic
>exclusively
haha nope even when arguing semantics you fucking suck dude

Shield Hero

I can't come up with any one protag in particular. All the shitty self-insert harem ones with no personality just sort of blend together in my head.

Well the show is so childish it might as well be aimed towards children, even it it airs at late hours. I doubt the author seriously expects adults to read/watch it.

I'm curious what you think what other information they convey about a manga.

I dont even know why i keep coming to this shit, Sup Forums is just retarded as reddit.

manga kaneki is a pretty cool guy

>naruto
>protag

It's not a manga (thus not shounen/seinen) but the worst MC I've ever seen is the faggot in Sakurasou no pet na kanojo.

This dumbfuck. Worst Goku ripoff ever.

Really? I thought his character was pretty unique. I'm used to seeing loud, charismatic protagonists. I liked his personality.

Fucking this. And not just because he chose worst girl either.

>I doubt the author seriously expects adults to read/watch it.
it's kind of being serialized in a seinen magazine, which is written in kanji that most children/teenagers can't even read

Watch more bad anime

This guy really has identity issues.

he gets pretty loud later on

he cute

Any MC with glasses.

There is no exception. Glasses look like shit.

nah, it's mostly just character development
keep in mind he's currently 5 years older than he was in the beginning of the manga

with all the shit he lived though, it's kind of understandable

this guy from future diaries. He wasn't memorable at all

Nardo sucks but I always felt he was the lesser of evils when Ichigo and Luffy were things.

Well at least he got the right beard in the end.

>Glasses look like shit
shit taste desu

goku is a dumbfuck

Those glasses look extra shit

He does look like a side char. Is he even a mc in a shounen?

It's way too verbose and 2deep4u to be a shounen.
Haven't seen the anime though.

>Haven't seen the anime though.
there is no anime
forget it

>there is no anime
you mean :re, right?

:re is pretty now that Haise is gone

i just posted him as an example of glasses not looking like shit, but i'm surprised you don't know who archer is.

>fateshit

Gon.

yeah and in his place is the one eyed king. touka hates this kaneki so i think the ship may be severed.

>It's way too verbose and 2deep4u to be a shounen.
Are you serious? Fucking Hunter x Hunter has more profound and 'deep' writing than the garbage that is TG.

There's more to demographics than you're trying to make it look like.
Shounen magazines impose certain limits to authors in a sense of what their target audience might like/not like and what kinds of things are ok/not ok to display. As a result, shounen manga is all the same shit full of overused tropes, plot points and devices like asspulls, power of friendship, powerlevels, disposable characters, characters who just keep returning from dead and so on. This kind of manga is generally referred to as "shounenshit" not because it's being published in a shounen magazine but because it utilizes such tropes and devices.
Seinen manga in comparison to shounen has almost no limits. Series featured in seinen magazines usually swing towards sex, extensive gore and philosophical/psychological stuff (because authors who draw this stuff can only be published in a seinen magazine) but generally they are too diverse to be summarized the same way as shounenshit does.
Tokyo Ghoul indeed is being published in a seinen magazine, but there's nothing about it that makes in interesting for mature audiences the last time it tried to be psychological was torture scene back in the original series and it's full of stuff you normally see in shounen manga. I'd go as far as calling it as a perfect example of what people call shounenshit.

what worse anime

The guy from that series dungeon seeker is based on.

I love him

watch*

I haven't said it was deep, I said it was 2deep4u.
Learn your buzzwords.

Reborn

>As a result, shounen manga is all the same shit full of overused tropes, plot points and devices like asspulls, power of friendship, powerlevels, disposable characters, characters who just keep returning from dead and so on.
And none of those points are actually mandatory to count as shounen.
I am not saying that shounen manga don't usually follow certain paths, but since that is not their definition, and since other demographics don't necessarily exclude those paths, making "shounen" about them rather than about what really defines it, is going to get you into trouble at some point.

>Series featured in seinen magazines usually swing towards sex, extensive gore and philosophical/psychological stuff
Or just a bunch of cute girls having a good time.
>because authors who draw this stuff can only be published in a seinen magazine
Unless they are Togashi.

Every magazine tries to target its intended audience. That's why we call it a target demographic. That means that things more likely to be interesting to young men are more likely to be present in manga targeted at young men. But "likely" is not something that you can build a definition on.

You mean Arifureta's MC? Yeah I hate that dude.
Assholes always act so high and mighty and there is never anyone capabe of knocking him off his high horse.
I also hate how the dude's goal is going back home, despite how obvious it is that a psycho like him with a twisted sense of right and wrong and a "I'll do what I want to do and kill anyone who gets in my way" attitude couldn't fit into his original world's society.

This is not that related but name calling is fucking dumb. People just call every shounen shounenshit nowadays, it's just another buzzword at this point.

this fuck

>Pic related
Same here
Literally 12 y/o edgelords' self insertion

Really? I admit he's super edgy and not that great but he's probably the most interesting character in that series

This is why I despise the anime so fucking much, it made a ton of faggots think it's a shounen.

>hating God

Should have posted Rider, senpai.

Casshern of Casshern Sins.

He was so pathetically uninteresting and overpowered that I dropped the show after like 8-9 episodes. I kept thinking "it must get better soon", but he never even began to become a distinctly identifiable character.

Ichigo followed very closely by Natsu.

Wrong, any beta MC who develops to the point of backstabbing and murdering an entire orphanage is good in my books.

That's not too different from Kaneki Ken's development

That faggot from Linebarrels of Iron. Actually, the whole thing was bad.