Is 91 Days anything special or is just something like Gangsta and gets attention for being action?

Is 91 Days anything special or is just something like Gangsta and gets attention for being action?

It has more than action going on, the families conflict an such. Better than Gangsta for sure, decent watch, had some good moments despite the usual QUALITY.

>Comparing 91days to fucking Gangsta

I wish I could see BD rips, the improvement looks good.

It's am even more gay Gangsta.

It's completely forgettable

this is one of the very few threads about it after it ended

Woah, that seems really nice, isn't teh BD uploaded somewhere?

It's not bad but it's wholly unremarkable. It's better than Gangsta but Gangsta was mediocre throughout it's adaptation.

I liked the drama and characters though.

At least 91 Days didn't make a studio to go bankrupt.

If only. Shuka is terrible.

The fist few episodes are pretty eat but I kinda got bored with it towards the end

It's pretty decent and leagues ahead of Gangsta. Ofcourse it's no Sopranos, but it's nice.

Holy shit that's impressive

It's a decent story, but certainly nothing special. Gangsta is a complete piece of shit.

It's basically a good old classic mafia film.

Highly recommended.

Now if only the BD's got ripped

It had a much better ending than it deserved. 7/10, forgettable seasonal stuff. No comparison to gangsta though. That was just power level bs

Gangsta is shit. 91 Days is a masterpiece.

It's a solid 7/10, I'm pretty surprised it never got any threads after it ended, it got a really nice finale, and the whole tone was never ruined by any magic or powerlevel bullshit except for that one filler episode. Hopefully will rewatch when the BDs get ripped.

It's a solid series, definitely one of the better ones out there. Give it a go.

Not that good as the boat.

It's enjoyable but it's no Gungrave.

It's miles ahead. Lacked something that made it truly memorable but was consistently good.

its average. and by average i mean anime average. doesnt even come close to the worst episodes of the sopranos boarwalk empire or anyother mafia thing. its fairly competent at what it does but nothing special or standing out making it memorable.

I miss Fangoposting

QUALITY was unbearable, worse than flip floppers

It was pretty decent, the lack of any power level or mystical bullshit was appreciated, main issue was the uncanny amount of QUALITY, which was frankly distracting at some points.

Nice little story in an unusually grounded setting. Good ending too, indeterminism makes me hard.

I had a lot of favorite anime last year but this was the series where I could not wait to watch each week so this is my AOTY. In one of the DVDs that came out recently was information to get a spot at an event happening in May. It looks like they are going to premiere the Day 14. I can't wait to see how that episode will turn out.

Thank you for reminding me to watch this, user

It's delicious pineapples

Angelo never existed this was all Nero trying to forgive himself.

I am so glad he went through to the end. Because I was hoping he wouldn't start thinking Nero is actually my friend and I cant do this. But the destruction of the play house was awesome. I also miss the threads of asking about the significance of the pineapple can

The series is COMPLETE GARBAGE. I know kids watching anime have never ever seen a true mafia movie/series and think this have anything near it. Not at all. Is just a mediocre afternoon anime series. Nothing worth looking here, everything is (anime) cliche. Everyone is unidimensional.

Gangsta on the other hand had a beautiful first 4-5 episodes. It had nice drama, good silent moments and beautiful photography. Shame about what happened later, but these first few episodes are above everything 91 days ever accomplished.

I'll raise you one. It's better than Gangsta, didn't get the attention for being action, and had the quality fixed in the Blu ray.

Where is the QUALITY?

My psn name is Angelo_Lagusa
says a lot famalam
show is great tier, but the ending is NGE tier

It's literally the Godfather watered down, the similarities are too numerous to count, but if you enjoyed that, you should enjoy this

All over the place I would say.

Can you provide some examples? Nothing looked absolutely egregious to me.

Don't you mean Day 13? It'd be nice to have two extra episode though.

It's alright, but it's no Baccano!

I enjoyed it. Nothing to get really excited about, but I liked watching it week by week

Shut up. Gangsta was an abomination.

It was definitely well-directed, had lots of neat shots and plot twists, fun and likable characters, etc. They could've spent a bit more time fleshing out the central relationship between MC and gangster bossman, but what there is is satisfying enough for me.

The thing that makes it just merely good is, as everyone else in this thread points out, that it's just gangster flick at the end of the day.

I'd love to see what the director and studio go on to do next. There's so much potential, if this level of quality were applied to another story we could have something great.

Yeah I meant Day 13. Probably will clear up that thing about the pineapples

>inb4 just a review episode

It's good if you can handle the QUALITY

oh please no. I dont know what I'll think if that becomes true

Go watch it OP
The last episode was kino

Last episode was bullshit.
It didn't deliver on the consequences of the awesome previous one at all.

To answer your question: No.

The opening song is another story. It's fucking awesome.

gangsta isnt even that good, you fucking idiot.

with that being said 91 days is alright. it beats most anime of the season. If you want to watch a really good gangster anime, I recommend Gungrave.

91days is actually a pretty decent watch for the summer season.

Had QUALITY yeah, but it wasn't too horrible, and story and entertainment wise, way better than the shit heap that was Gangsta. Poor Manglobe had to have garbage fujoshit as their final show.

>I recommend Gungrave.
Unrelated user here to remind you that you should always skip the first episode of Gungrave.

Fuck, I chose the wrong show to support this season. Is no one going to rip this?

>Poor Manglobe had to have garbage fujoshit as their final show.
They still managed to save face because the previous one was shitmurai flopmenco

Do you have a source? I'm not seeing anything on the website. I'm afraid Day 13 might turn out be an event special recording that won't be available anywhere else.

It was solid. I was disappointed because it was just one step away from being outstanding in just about every category.
If they did just that little bit more with the protagonist and the younger brother guy; it the relationshio between the two main characters was just a bit more emphasized, if only the screenplay was a bit more thought out it would've been amazing.
I really, really enjoyed the greek tragedy-ish meltdown that happens in the end; but I can't help feeling it lacked that little something extra to push it beyond the realm of "kinda good".

I remember the highly stylized intro of the first episode (even the opening credits were almost cinematographic), thinking it was going to be great. But nope, it just some forgettable pretentious anime with awful Italian names. The emotional climax (when Nero realizes who Angelo really is) was one of the worst missed chances of 2016.

At least it didn't have super power shounen-tier retarded bullshit like a certain show that threw its creators into bankruptcy.