Is something like Unlimited Blade Works possible in the real world? I mean...

Is something like Unlimited Blade Works possible in the real world? I mean, making swords appear from nowhere and send them flying at certain direction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJT9yK6yD9Q
youtubedoubler.com/kipO
youtube.com/watch?v=AEu9LLQpOF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anime isn't real

It's difficult, but not impossible.

What do you think?

have a satellite fire swords that withstand entering the atmosphere and you will have your dream come true op

Yes, just image

Yes, you just have to believe.

Fuck this made me laugh.

I tried afew youtube tutorials but none of them seemed to work for me

>appear from nowhere
Think about this for a moment.

Why even bother with hilts and crossguards? can't he just send blades without them?

I like how you are a problem solver and a go-getter, user.

uh, we could store them in some kind of pocket dimension instead.

just fire a large sheet of metal

>pocket dimension
Those are not real.

Swords man.

But it's unlimited blade works not unlimited sword works

>making stuff apear from nowhere
>in the real world
Hmm, I wonder.

>not believing in science

The moment you start believing in it, it ceases to be science.

Yes, I've done it a couple times
Just don't jerk off for a whole month and your mana pool will start growing

no because god isn't real

For what it's worth that does actually happen, things do come into existence out of no where, albeit only elementary particles, and only for very short amounts of time

youtube.com/watch?v=aJT9yK6yD9Q

Theoretically.

Thousands (millions?) of nanorobots that can fly and group themselves in the form of swords whenever needed then.
They are small enough that you can't see them before they group themselves and form the swords. After they hit the targets, they disintegrate again.
It would fit with the UBW representation of when the blades disintegrate too, like pic related.

Bullshit, I've never fapped and I ain't got magical powers

of coursh

Damn that's pretty cool.

We're reaching worrisome levels of autism here.

I love you Coop.

You do user
You must grasp your sword before you can create anything though

Thats the lind of retarded shit I asked myself in middle school

Are you old enough for this site OP

No, it isn't.
Gate of babylon however is possible, though because none of us are gilgamesh we can't use it.

Well, you can always make your opponent look away and throw a sword at him like some chuuni autist.

We don't have that though, and we have no concrete indication that we can achieve that - that's still in the realm of 'well maybe we'll figure out a way to make it possible if we keep researching' category.

This is a really stupid thread, but I like it.

>Gate of babylon however is possible
what.

i wish anime and video games were real.

Yes, try some drugs.

>go to babylon
>build a gate

I did it in a Devil May Cry game.

>We don't have that though, and we have no concrete indication that we can achieve that

Nanobots already exist, and nanotechnology has been around for a long time. It's medical nanobots that are more theoretical.

>possible in the real world? I mean, making swords appear from nowhere

Did you not watch the anime? In order to do this, you must have a personal origin "sword" and a magical affinity "sword".
So first you have to go get your personal origin checked. Mine is Rape

Are you drunk,high or both ?

Spectral Throw linked to GMP, More Damage, Faster Damage, RAT.

Oh, real life. Hahahahaha. No.

Gate of Babylon itself is just a glorified shed with a shit-ton of ancient gold-encrusted stuff in it.

The only mystical thing about it is that he can open a portal to it wherever he goes.

Once you achieve CHIM, anything is possible.

We don't have millions of flying nanobots capable of forming into weapons, because if we had that, we would fuck them instead.

Plothole detected, Nasu is a fucking hack

Well from the kangaroo's point of view the blade does indeed appear out of nowhere.

I'm asking the wizards of xkcd if they can think of something. This is important, user.

For mundane swordspam? Of course he can.

Provided he had someone make a bunch of hiltless blades for him to scan and copy.

UBW can't make anything that it doesn't have recorded, which is why EMIYA has to summon Caladbolg and then Alter it into it's arrow form in order to fire it, instead of just summoning the arrow form ahead of time.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

What

youtubedoubler.com/kipO
"Magic is a technology that hasn't been discovered yet" - Alex "Breakaway Civilization" Jones

u r 1 cheekt cunt m8

godspeed

Maybe
You would have to have nanobots the same density of air be floating around you. These said nanobots would then have to be able to somehow build carbon nanotubes or other carbon based materials from the carbon in the air, and then shape these into swords and hilts.

From here, you would have to have some sort of fuel already in the nanobots, in order to start a combustion reaction to propel the swords toward the target

I hope Tides of Numenera turns out to be decent.

>From here, you would have to have some sort of fuel already in the nanobots, in order to start a combustion reaction to propel the swords toward the target
When people say nanobots, they could be things like bacteria that were reprogrammed. In that case you just put them in a small bubble/pool of protein to let them eat.
Making these bacteria fly and program them to do so many complex things is probably the trickiest part.

Never know when he might have to pick up one of his shitty copies to fight with since he's slower at the spam than gil

Inefficient. You'd have to also figure out a way to make the sword float in the air and fly at the target. Having the nanobots assemble themselves as a sword would be easier.
Still need to find a way to keep them floating while in sword configuration, but more convenient and faster compared to actually building a sword out of thin air.

Nothing is impossible
-Einstein

If they are nanobots, I think they are light enough to float using radiation propulsion. Something like a really small emdrive

not swords but isn't this the same idea with bullets?
youtube.com/watch?v=AEu9LLQpOF8

But user in your video we see where the bullets come from. It's literally a gun that shoots faster.

You know it won't be like the original.

Yes, but don't think, just imasine.

We just need an invisible gun that shoots swords then

Would the contents of an invisible gun be invisible as well?

Only before being fired, of course.

You'd still need to find a way to keep them floating while in sword configuration. Whatever means you use to keep the bots floating in the air, when assembled as a sword they simply couldn't keep it flying by using their own power.
Regardless of method, a large part of them wouldn't be able to exert force toward the ground to counter gravity. Every bot would have to be able to keep itself and a countless number of other bots afloat in order to keep the sword from simply falling.
The more bots, the bigger the problem. Considering we're talking about making a sword from bots that by themselves would be small enough to be invisible, the sheer scale of the thing makes it quite difficult to implement.
It would be plausible if part of the nanobots were programmed to assemble as raw !metal and part as dedicated engines to counter gravity and wind and to propel the sword forward, but I doubt we're anywhere near the technology required to do such a thing.

Sciencefag here:

Op, go to sleep you are drunk.
in case you aren't , Leave , you are either underage or retard.

>Sciencefag
stopped reading here

>Sciencefag
Nice digits. How much have you learned today from r/science and the I Fucking Love Science pages you follow?

>OP made a silly thread
>I must inform him of just how intellectually superior I am to him.

What the fuck does it mean that Shirou's origin is "sword"? Like literally what the fuck does that even mean?

I understand his affinity with swords but having his "origin" be swords is just fucking strange.

I imagine that being fused with a magic holy scabbard changes you, user.

so euphoric

>I am a filthy secondary and what is this
Read more Nasu and you'll understand.

Yeah but that happened when he was like 7 or 8. That's not one's origin

And it wasn't even a sword. It's just a fucking sheath.

Why doesn't he have unlimited sheath works?

Are you retarded?
Obviously he just makes unlimited sheathes, takes out the swords, and throws away the sheathes.

What retard told you to get into Fate before Kara no Kyoukai?

People's origins don't have to make sense. They're just concepts that you'll be attuned to.
Sword just means Shirou would have made a damn fine swordsmith or warrior.

He's a sheath for his sword. What's there not to get?

Whatever retard made this

Because he doesn´t designs them, he just copies what he has seen.

Don't follow meme images then . Your source of confusion comes from not reading/watching KnK beforehand, it's the Nasuverse primer.

That's not confusing at all.

Pay no attention to him, nobody cares about KnK except for some autists. He's just fucking with you just 'cause.

Calling you a secondary is an insult to all other secondaries.

Yo soy el hueso de mi espada.

>Yeah but that happened when he was like 7 or 8. That's not one's origin

Basically, he had a different origin to begin with, but his soul broke a little bit when he was wandering around a collapsing neighborhood watching people horribly burn to death while the air was filled with a physical matter made of evil so heavily that a decade later it's still fucking up the park that was built on top of it.

And then the most bullshit healing artifact in the world was shoved in him, which just so happened to be made for the greatest sword to ever exist, and his soul kinda got overwritten by the concept of [Sword].

I like this explanation

Acero es mi cuerpo, y fuego es mi sangre.

Yeah man, send me ur email I'll tell you how to unlock your chakras

He creado más de mil espadas.