How are they going to make Roshi relevant again? What's his purpose on Team Universe 7?

How are they going to make Roshi relevant again? What's his purpose on Team Universe 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12280540
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Same purpose that everyone not named Goku has, to job.

>gets killed by bad guy
>wtf i hate this bad guy
>learns from some new secret high level kai
>roshi wills himself into the living with new powers

won't he just be like Piccolo?

I know this is exactly what will happen, but would it be too much to ask for Roshi, and maybe Krillin, to take out some of the opposition? There's no way everyone in the tourney is Goku levels of strong.

what if Roshi has been training and is now Piccolo levels of strong?

To show how strong the other guy is. You should know this by now, this is shounen 101.

He'd fucking have to be considering I'm 99% sure Yamcha was supposed to be stronger than him before Revival of F came out.

inb4 he downs 5 dozen senzu beans and goes worldbreaker hulk for one last fight

>How are they going to make Roshi relevant again?
By fighting people at his level.

>What's his purpose on Team Universe 7?
Beating weakling so Goku, Vegeta and maybe Gohan can focus in the strong ones.

Don't underestimate his techniques. He might put them in a rice cooker.

Considering that frame, he will do something badass, one single thing, and then nothing.

That's more than he did in DBZ.

Use the catalog retard

Winnie the Pooh wasn't Super Saiyan Blue tier, he just had a weird gimmick that Goku had to out think. Roshi will probably have enemies like this.

Why does DBS hate these two so much?

That's Jackie Chun.

Between the cool opening, the new and good animation and fan favorites getting back in action, this arc is getting really promising. I've been skeptical about DBS from the start, but I actually have high hopes for this season.

Toriyama has no fucking idea what to do with them. Them being Super Saiyans makes no in-canon sense (inb4 hurr durr super saiyan semen) and the only out-of-canon reason to do this is to make sure they wouldn't fall too far behind the power creep in the Buu saga. This would mean anything if Toriyama didn't almost instantly abandon them as plot-pivotal characters.

At this point, where they are minor characters with zero impact on the plot, it'd make more sense if they were about as strong as Goku in early dragonball.

Isn't the old fuck immortal?

Jobbing to female broly

As much of a pipe dream as it is, I'd like to see him instill some humility back into the Z Fighters.

His message of there always being someone stronger and not to get complacent is more relevant than ever.

I had hopes that seeing future Trunks be a bad ass would kick Trunks into gear training with Vegeta and we'd get some Gotenks action again. But nope.

Remove Saiyans.

They killed Hitler

senzu beans aren't power ups they're basically max potion in a rpg kind of way,

There needs to be "weight classes" in this tourney

>Goku/Vegeta
>Gohan/Buu class
>Piccolo/17/18 class
>Tien/Krillin class
>Roshi class

Each team needs to have victories in each class to win

Toto/Tori will make him as strong as they need him to be. Fuck off with your powerlevelfaggotry.

Is it ring out rules?
He could use the Mafuba to throw them off the ring.

you think they will do it KOF style fight intil everyone on the team is down?

He's literally only there for fanservice. Not that there's anything wrong with that in this situation, the old fuck deserves some proper screen time. He won't be relevant anymore after he inevitably loses.

I have officially now stopped caring whatever the hell people say about me. Fuck. Girl Brolly. The most stupid, asspull, pandering, goofy thing toriyama could have done. The recent rise in r34 spammed has removed any last bit of pity i had. why do we only see pandering? Why don't we see Db super in the "best xxxx of the year" lists? Why don't we see other shows have such pandering asspulls? Why is it only letdowns that we see? People must realise there is not a problem with suggesting ideas, there is a fucking problem with worshipping a stale ass dickless betamale meat man (kakkarot be upon him). I am sick and tired of these asspulls, i am sick and tired of the fandom having to deal with this bullshit, we fucking give the another chance and all they do is not develop and explore ideas and claim new animators are responsible and claim themselves to be above the animators who were there for decades. Throughout my life i have always defended plotholes in dragon ball (which i am now doubting they can be salvaged ) and told people to not generalise the whole dragon ball series but this is fucking enough, this anime is fucking ruining our way of life, either toei trys to fire these retarded animators who can't stay on model/fire the people who can't be consistent with the previously established rules of the franchise, and try to stop them, or they can get the fuck out of the anime industry and end db super. I am so sorry for any toei person who understands theses things out there, i really am, but i have to vent out this rage. Sadly, dragon ball in its current form is not compatible with the 21st century, like it or not. I excuse myself again, i must now go sacrifice a db ssblue toy, because gt

>Doesn't fly because that's the crane-school technique
>Enemy flies out of range
>Suddenly shoots off special kamehamehas from his back like thrusters to fly faster than any other character
No other way for him to be relevant outside of gags

roshi is the master of bullshit tournament-only tactics

>hypnotize opponent
>push them out of ring

victory

hurr durr super saiyan semen

Nice pasta.

Master Roshi should have remained dead after the Piccolo Daimaou arc.

Either it would fail and he'd die, or it would succeed but he forgot the seal back at home.

Man, I wish actual technique was drummed up as much as raw strength.

Same thing they did on Super, have him beat up some nobodies that should still be way out of his league, and not bother explaining why he can do it.

And die in the process.

But these days not fighting strong people for a week or a month makes you lose your bulletproof powers so maybe everyone else got weak.

Where's uncensored

He ate a mountain of weed during the filler. His opponents will have to resign out of sheer respect of that feat.

You are under the though that everyone in other universe are all as strong as goku.

I'm sure every universe has its jobbers

>what's his purpose on Team Universe 7?
Defeating Girly with groping

What's the last time the way people fought was more important than how strong they are?

Desperately hoping that they can do an LOL ROSHI IS SUCH A PERV joke to help sell tranny broly...which will both fail and leave everyone slightly creeped out.

How long can we expect this arc to be?

Will Toriyama be madman enough to go through with the of destruction of 11 universes thing and have Goku reflect on all the pain and suffering he's caused just for his combat lust to be sated?

hit

He'll probably fight Brolyna's base form and somehow trigger her SSJ form losing instantly.

>Some dude that can copy other people's power level
>They send in Roshi
>It literally becomes a battle of pure technique and Roshi wins
>Gets knocked out by Brolyko next match

Come on Toei

Who is the best Dragon Ball waifu?
strawpoll.me/12280540

Let's be honest. The only people who're watching DBS STILL right now are people who're doing it out of nostalgia.
And of those people...not a single solitary one will be surprised by that or be amused by it.
As a matter of fact most people will be utterly pissed that three things that could have been done okay and made the entire DBS thing a bit better were wasted on a bad joke.

During Black arc, it rivaled OP in ratings. So lot more people watch it than you think

People dislike Roshi?

Toonami Generation I suppose

Why was she naked in the first place?

Bring back Jackie Chun

#MakeDragonBallGreatAgain

You mean they RE-killed him

You wouldn't be naked all the time if you looked like her?

what's op

What if that's what all those plants Krillin and Goku got him was for?

Single Portion the anime about a guy in a sunhat who wants to rule over somalian water gangsters

the immortal human super human master roshi

KEK

You don't expect everyone to be Goku/Vegeta level do you?

A bunch of punks all of them.

Dude this is Super. Even fucking Krillin is a planet burster and yet he got hurt by a fucking bullet. To make it more absurd the same happend shortly after to Goku. Meanwhile in the original Dragonball Launch shots a bullet rain on both faggots when they were still 12 or what and they didn't even give a fuck.

This show is absolute trash when it's about powerlevels or logic, just watch it for the flashy fights like everyone else.

This is about logic not liking or disliking a character you retarded dumbfuck. Their universe is going to be obliterated when they lose the tournament and yet they bring an old man who would fucking shit his pants in front of Raditz while they have Yamcha, Chaozu and literally a whole universe full of alien creatures with most being stronger than Roshi very very likely.

>or what and they didn't even give a fuck.
I wish people with worse memory than Toriyama didn't try to be smartasses.

Wait until the story get there. Making story criticisms before seeing the story is silly.

And this proofs what exactly except me being right? Those are scratches, from fucking machine guns. And that time they weren't fucking planet/galaxy bursters.

There is literally no excuse for Roshi being on the team. A random power up would be bad writing so what other option do we have? None. Therefore yes, criticism is in fucking order here

>A random power up would be bad writing
>caring about bad writing
>on Dragonball past Cell

I thought everyone knew that the writing went to shit a long time ago.

>comparing the writing of Z to that of Super
son

What is his actual name? Muten Roshi and Kame Sennin are titles, and Jackie Chun is just a pseudonym

>my bad writing is better than your bad writing

next you'll say that GT writing is good.

why is bad edit?

Roshi and Kuririn clearly have bullet holes, and one of them even coming from the back of Roshi's head.

Goku only has scratches though, which is exactly what we see now. If they don't stop the bullets with their ki Goku can be scratched by them while Kuririn can bleed.

Roshi is as strong as Jackie Chun, so he should do pretty well.

>A random power up would be bad writing
Nah. You eat up Zenkai being a thing even though they were never mentioned before Namek. It wouldn't be hard to write a believable power up considering those standards.

why were they being shot at? launch?

Is he ever gonna peacefully pass away for good?

The sole purpose is trolling autists who make stupid threads such as this one.

Reminder that Broly is merely a meme in Japan.

>I can bench a planet now, my body is maximum
>Yes I obviously still take exactly the same amount of damage from as when I was a kid training with a heavy as fuck turtle shell
Something seems to be wrong with this one user, can you tell me what it is?

The writing of Z being shit or not is a matter of taste. Goku forgetting his Senzu beans in a life or death situation, Gohan being a cumslut and basically the whole character of Vegeta, that is undeniably bad writing, plain and simple.

Goku did get stronger in an absurd amount of time, especially when he was beaten. Sure it was kind of an asspull but you can't really compare that to a "zenkai" or similar ability for humans, that would be just absolute horse shit. The most believable thing for a power up would be taking him to elder kai to unlock his power. Hell that would be the realistic and sane thing to do for every participant if the universe is on the line. But lets wait and see, they'll probably just take him along without a power up at all.

New enemy has a time gimmick. Roshi is immune to it because he doesn't age.

Roshi exist only to deal with fem broly as a gag. He is going to grope her base form and send her into a homicidal rage. Roshi will them elope after some heartfelt speech.

The only reason I see for Roshi to be on the team is as kind of a coach. Then again it's pretty reckless to waste a spot on the team for some good advice of an old perverted man

When Roshi takes his glases off, his powerleel increases by 1,000,000,000

The only other choice is Yamcha.

Would you pick HIM over Roshi?

What does that even mean?

>The writing of Z being shit or not is a matter of taste. Goku forgetting his Senzu beans in a life or death situation, Gohan being a cumslut and basically the whole character of Vegeta, that is undeniably bad writing, plain and simple.

It's fun because those are actual character development (especially Gohan: it's true that his fans like his powerlevels and not it's characterization), but what do I know?

>Goku forgetting his Senzu beans in a life or death situation

this is an actual fuckery, bt it's not as bad as lol I don't know who the fuck sohuld defeat Majin Bu.

>those are actual character development
No. Sorry but just no. The prideful prince of all Saiyans being in a more buddy like relationship with Goku is ok, he came to terms with his shit in the last episodes of Z after all. Him acting like a fucking retard all the time however is just out of character and bad writing. His whole character feels like a parody of the real thing.
Gohan becoming a scholar is character development. Him becoming a cumslut lol lets see if I can still go SSJ is just outright retarded.

>parody of the original character
who am I kidding, everything fine here

They just cant handle Based Roshi

>Implying
After weed roshi ate he is unstoppable

>hating on based roshi

Comedy Relief

He'll get himself sent in against a hot alien babe opponent and he'll continue to grope at her as he gets more and more beat up, but he'll keep coming back to touch her more

Have Beerus and Whis tried mexican food yet?