What show will Sup Forums turn against next?

What show will Sup Forums turn against next?

I'm guessing Maid Dragon.

The manga goes to shit not long after the MC is genderflipped, so the anime won't fare any better.

>goes
Are you implying it wasn't garbage before that?

Youjo Senki for sure. People seem to love the show right now, as least going by the threads and sales numbers.

I'd go with Youji Senki or something that gets popular in an upcoming season, because people are still pissing and moaning about Re:Zero even though it's finished.

Youjo Senki has all the elements Re Zero had:

>good sales
>Japs love it
>Sup Forums makes threads about it often
>isekai
>edgy
>a clear-cut waifu (Rem, Tanya) who has minimal competition
>will end up getting translations for its adapted material
>will invariably have Sup Forums bitching about how edgy and awful it is

Re Zero didn't deserve it's popularity unlike OPM or AOT. Hate for Re Zero is different than hate for those.

They will turn against every anime user isn't currently watching

>Re Zero didn't deserve it's popularity unlike OPM or AOT
Why not?

It wouldn't happen because Youjo isn't harem.

The most popular show of the season

So Konosuba

Why exactly doesn't Re Zero deserve its popularity? The show has its own flaws and issues, but it was still a pretty fun ride. Fuck episode 15 with a rusty rake though.

Little Witch Academia. When it's over a lot of people on Sup Forums will be calling it shit. Screenshot this.

It didn't have interesting premise like AOT or refreshing take on superhero trope like OPM. It rode solely on waifu faggotery.

It was enjoyable garbage though.

Afterwards, it's not.

I think that "goes to shit" accurately summarizes the transition.

>MC is genderflipped

forreal?

That's because the only people calling it good right now are crossboarders, who will leave when it's over.

nice bait

>SnK
>interesting premise
No

I'll admit it had ridiculous production values and the action scenes were top notch

The pacing and general writing was just shit though.

Much better than Re:Zero though.

Not that user, but the premise was a big draw for a lot of people.

People turned on Youjo Senki already.
And then it aired.

Re:Zero is literally "hating it to fit in" - the anime.

It doesn't have much of an identity, for starters. It's clearly riding the light novel isekai trend and, while being superficially self-aware, proceeds to play every one of its tropes completely straight. People who latch onto this MC as some sort of commentary on escapism, or think this kind of self-critical character is in any way noteworthy, just haven't watched or aren't familiar with the tons of shows that do it better. It's not even fun in a train wreck sort of way because the first half of the show is such a fucking slog, pacing-wise.

Basically everything RZ offers is just a watered down version of other popular shows (NHK, Steins Gate, any other isekai).

A lot of people already do. Just like they did with Re:Zero when it was still airing. Basically Sup Forums actually liked OPM and SnK before the anime, those are actually cases of Sup Forums turning against something during and after the anime.

That's SAO.

>unironic self insert gary stu shit
No I'm pretty sure it deserves the hate.

Sup Forums still likes OPM, and I'd argue SnK mostly gets shit because of the toxic threads these days.

>tfw can watch pretty much anything and enjoy it, so long as it isn't Gonzo-tier QUALITY

As long as it looks pretty and is animated nicely, I can tolerate it.

It's about as interesting as walking dead

for you

You're assuming a dozen people who followed a manga which was less than mainstream at the time represent Sup Forums. Anime adaptations just draw in more people to give the series a try, which can result in more people liking it and more people disliking it.

t. didn't know OPM or SnK existed until the anime, and wasn't overly impressed by either.

>t.
>didn't know OPM or SnK existed until the anime
Indeed, I'm assuming you don't represent Sup Forums in any way whatsoever.

I seriously don't understand the hate for Re:Zero.

I bet if that was a pro OPM/SnK post you'd let it slide. Grow up kid.

Subaru is self insert too. At least Kirito is strong and confident.

As much as people on here hate to hear it, it's literally because it's popular, the only ones that are popular but don't get shitposted against are those that hold the nostalgia card.

Stow it, faggot. Both series had a solid following and no real haters until the anime, you being clueless about it is irrelevant.

Konosuba.

You know it to be true.

You being clueless as to how anime adaptations are literally meant to bring in new viewers is the only relevant thing here. But keep living in your little bubble where it's impossible for people to dislike what you like, and it must be some epic contrarian meme instead.

There's no worse feeling than a manga you enjoy having it's threads ruined by animefaggots.

Kirito is a poor man's onii-chan.

Did you not read any of the main criticisms of the show?

It's comedy so no. It's not that popular either.

That post they were replying to wasn't even anti OPM/SnK. What are you on about?

Better than Subaru

>it's just waifu haremshit
That's the main one I see, which is completely wrong. Also "reddit:zero" if that counts.

what are those?

>didn't know OPM or SnK existed until the anime
>and wasn't overly impressed by either.
Pretty sure that's talking smack about those shows which that user got triggered by.

It is harem. What are you smoking?

It's a love triangle you dunce.

I joined one thread before catching up with the rest of Sup Forums. The rest of the threads were irrational Subaru hate, waifu faggotry, and "well why doesn't he just kill himself and...". Also LN spoilers so I avoided them.

I would hardly classify it as talking smack, but now I get what you mean.

To someone who thinks they're 10/10, insinuating that they're less than 10/10 is talking smack from their perspective.

You go on and on about you disliking what I like or whatever when that was never the point at all. Not even in my first post did I say anything about whether I like OPM or SnK. Stop being an idiot.

Most of the girls he interacts with are not engaged. Also he interacts way more with girls than guys. Ofcourse it's a harem.

Re:zero didn't even hit 10k avg

I think that's true to some extent, but then almost every popular show is loved by crossboarders. Because you simply don't get super fast threads with 600+ posts with only Sup Forums regulars.
Also it's not nearly as good as KlK for now and this one gets a lot of hate, so I don't see why it wouldn't get the same treatment.

Funny considering you're the one who initially didn't address my point. You're saying OPM/SnK became hated because muh anime backlash when I'm telling you that the anime brought in new viewers who would either like or dislike the shows. So if the anime brought in 100 new viewers and half of them liked/disliked them, you would gain 50 new voices saying they're shit. I don't know why I have to spoonfeed you this like a child. Maybe you should stop watching brainless shonenshit all the time.

>implying criticisms are relevant to why people hate it
The haters are blind to praise and in turn the fans are blind to criticism. Yeah it goes both ways.

Actually I take that back, the fans arent blind to criticism because Sup Forums isnt claiming its a masterpiece.

that basically all the girls are just stock cardboard cutout personalities meant to prop up the MC's narrative. that said MC basically has no central motivation besides just reacting to save muh friends. The near constant information dumps of characters just sitting around describing themselves and the setting. The fight choreography generally looks like ass. Some straight up silly plotting like dog wizards and the utterly pointless whale fighting.

Actually, yes, they are quite relevant to why someone would hate it. The hype presents another motivation, but if it weren't inherently flawed in annoying ways there wouldn't be discussion of it.

Holy shit, you're fucking insufferable. Why are you pretending there isn't backlash on Sup Forums whenever something gets too popular and attracts too many crossboarders? Are you offended that your feel your special snowflake opinion is being bundled together with it?

Granted it's not spectacularly bad or the worst thing I've ever seen, it's just ridiculous that so many people (some in this very thread) are blind as to all criticism and why someone would hate this.

>Hasn't binge read the manga after the episode 1 aired

Yea, fo real.

>that basically all the girls are just stock cardboard cutout personalities meant to prop up the MC's narrative
Literally every anime and every character when there is a small main cast and limited episodes. Did you expect dedicated side character SoL episodes to show off their personalities more or something? The WN/tertiary material at least fleshes them out more since the anime had to cut out a lot to fit the main parts in.

>that said MC basically has no central motivation besides just reacting to save muh friends
He is literally aiming to make Emelia the ruler. Did you want a big bad demon lord boss to defeat instead?

>The near constant information dumps of characters just sitting around describing themselves and the setting
Examples?

>The fight choreography generally looks like ass
Subjective, and this isn't even a fighting anime.

>Some straight up silly plotting like dog wizards and the utterly pointless whale fighting
How was the whale fighting pointless? It was literally an obstacle in the way of Subaru getting back to the mansion. It's not like he could sneak past it then solo kill the witch cult.

>waaah why can't you accept I'm right and you're wrong baaaaaaaawww I SAID SO!!!!!!
Sasuga shonenshitter. Why don't you go back to yaoi shipping in your SnK general and let the big boys talk.

>he manga goes to shit not long after the MC is genderflipped
How exactly?
Dod she start having lewd thoughts?
Does it become full on haremshit?

will MC stay a dood forever ? That would be pretty lame.

Boosted the LN sales and Rem's merchandise gets sold-out very fast nowadays.

>2 girls around Barusu + a trap
>Few SOL level interactions between them in the course of 26 episodes
>0 panty shots

I think harem needs more than that to qualify.

Nah, he gets turned back a few chapters later.

Amazing.

The trap doesn't even hang out with him, in fact Ferris becomes passive-aggressive against Subaru after arc 3 ends.

Ooh you really got me with that reaction image. I'm really feeling the "fuck logic my feefees are truth" from you now more than ever. Keep it up.

Did he atleast fuck a dragon before converting back?

Neither Re:Zero

I doubt it, didn't happen with S1 and Konosuba is objectively good.

>when there is a small main cast and limited episodes.

You don't need many episodes to make a character distinctive.

Fuck, you had like 12 episodes in the mansion devoted to character development, and even then they develop in the most cliche ways possible. There might be value in the character of Rem but the main girl has absolutely no personality whatsoever, being quite literally the stock LN isekai lead, despite having plenty of time to develop.

>He is literally aiming to make Emelia the ruler.

I am more referring to the fact that, starting from the first episode, he's just pushed along by getting involved in some random girl's problems. There's this shoehorned thing about him not being lazy and trying to prove himself, but other than that I see no reason for him to get involved besides some very tenuous attraction he has to the main girl.

>Examples?

The whole of his explaining how he's fucked up his life as a NEET, the fight scenes in the first episode where the bowels lady and the knight just explain their powers in the middle of fighting. Pretty much any of the internal monologues where the MC has to explain the mechanics of his time travel power, as if it weren't immediately obvious to the viewer. These are just a few examples, exposition is literally the backbone of the show.

>Subjective

All criticism is subjective.

If only...

there's barely a love triangle

>Re:zero didn't even hit 10k avg

It did though, plus it re-aired on Christmas in japan.

Did the lesbian atleast get some development?

We didn't "turn" on Re:Zero, it's just a bad show that happened to be popular.

There are two girls that love Subaru right now. One girl doesn't understand what love is and is mentally 13 and the other girl is dead. With Subaru loving the potato.

> the main girl has absolutely no personality whatsoever, being quite literally the stock LN isekai lead, despite having plenty of time to develop.

Actually that is quite intentional. Emilia is labeled the "pure" girl by the author after-all.

14*
And seems like she got a big confidence boost after arc 4.

The MC does not get genderflipped, she gets cursed with a dick for a day or two. It lasts one chapter. Don't say shit that doesn't happen.

While it was not entirely clear, he did not indicate it's a permanent thing. Merely that soon after that point, it goes to shit.

Then why on earth do we spend so much time with her? What's the point of having a main character who has no value in her own right, besides as a prop for Subaru? Why does Subaru make her the central motivation for all the bullshit he goes through?

It's clear this show is aware of its own tropes, but it does nothing to subvert them or add depth, aside from the MC's sperg-out about how much of a shitty person he is.

And if said MC's development is the whole point of the show, why do we waste time on people like the old man who have absolutely nothing to do with Subaru, or bother with the political mechanics of this setting in the first place?

>it's bad because they didn't flesh things out enough
>it's also bad because they fleshed things out
ok

Actually we don't Emilia barely ever shows up even considering she is the "main heroine". It surprisingly spends more time with other characters, such as Ram, Roswaal and etc. Emilia is borne from Subaru's delusion of wanting to live his hero fantasy and uses Emilia as a catalyst for it designating her as the "main heroine".

Also the politics and Wilhem take on important roles after arc 3. With arc 5 being completely dedicated to it and by extension the Astrea family. The show doesn't really well show it because it really was just an introduction in a sense.

Gee..people still talk bout this garbage