What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

The best anime of the 90s.
Make sure to watch End of Evangelion if you haven't yet.

The result of EoE being refused from airing on Japanese television.

The Madoka Magica of deconstructions of the mecha genre

>vlcsnap
>first time watching eva in 2017

Can you get the fuck back to redddit and never return?

A shit anime

Yeah VlC sucks. MPC-HC is much better.

VLC is easier to snap with subs, but MPC will always be better on the whole.

it's the current year just use mpv

Hideki Anno representing himself getting over his depression.

An abstract breakdown of each main character that is fantastic despite being made on virtually zero budget.

Unironically the best anime ever made

more like the most entry-level Sup Forums-core

A good start to anime.

Now get yourself caught up to the modern day.

Omedetou.

I liked the episode a lot it but it's like they didn't finish the show, leaving our new Rei alone, Asuka is like brain dead after working up some change but not doing anything, Pen Pen being given away and STEEL doing nothing

EoE makes it a bit better

This

CONGRATULATIONS

I literally just finished watching NGE and EoE in one big marathon.

What the fuck happened? Is everybody fucked or what?

They can all come back to life if they want to

Everyone but Gendo. Eva/Yui/Shinji specifically killed him and made him not Goop

TDLR people can live their lives if they want too

Pain is apart of life along with happiness. That's what I gather from it

So everybody "died" but their souls all exist and they can just come back if they want to? Wouldn't they just end up dying because the world is just a big pool of shit?

Episode 26 is one of the most satisfying and equally dissatisfying thing at the same time that I've experienced

Congratulations

are you implying modern anime isn't shit?

Who knows Anno didn't

Best current company is unironically has the best Gianax scraps coincidentally

They could be the new Adam and Eve

Just finished marathoning the show and EoE.

Holy fuck what a garbage show. Every single character was super shallow and annoying to watch. The soundtrack made no sense in 90% of the episodes and the the pacing made me want to kill myself. I like the general concept of the show, but I honestly feel like I could have started at the last 4/5 episodes. None of the characters feel like they develop, each is always consumed by their main "trait".
Shinji: Whinny Bitch
Asuka: Tsundere
Rei: Mysterious Fap Material

Even during the finally, after all they'd been through, these traits were always their #1 feature. BTW, learning their past doesn't constitute good character development. They should have had SOME sort of personality change during the course of the entire show.

Of course, this is all tied up neatly by the constant problems all animes like this one exhibit. One such being cheap animation (seriously some single frames stayed on screen for over 30 sec w/ no dialogue). Other's being poor explanations for complex plots (lots of stuff vaguely implied rather than explained). Lastly, this shows episodes usually only had worthwhile information in 40-50% of it, leaving the rest to be filled by meaningless carachter interactions or reminding the viewer that shinji is a bitch.

TLDR This is one of the most mediocre animes I have ever seen (short of the last 50% of EoE, which was somewhat interesting).

Next stop: Gurren Lagann.

I want to die! XD

A masterpiece

cool

Tldr but probably desperate bait

Nah, I'm just mad that such an Sup Forums approved show felt like such a massive waste of time.
I'm just here to vent.

99.9% of anime was a mistake.

This post gave me cancer.

watch Big O instead bruv. or if you want meme tier, gundam wing boiiiii

>XD

Maybe you should watch it again once you have at least 16 years

>Not understanding irony

Let me reformat that for you:

I want to kill myself! ;)

>all those critics praising the show for the last 20+ years are all wrong because I have a differing opinion!

>that in universe spin off will never be cannon

It hurts

That's the thing about opinions, even if they come from thousands of critics, they aren't facts.

And no offense to the critics, but I value my own opinion of the show more then all theirs combined.

>you value your opinion above all else

That's a pretty delusional way to live life though user, shitposting or not

Only on japanese cartoons for children.

Unlike you, I form my own opinions first, and then consider changing them later if given a good reason.

But since my opinion on Evangelion only matters on this Romanian Glassblowing Forum, there's no reason to change it.

It was in the same magazine as Sadamoto's manga, the collections even out-sold it at points.

>animes
Fuck off.

*animemes

sorry bout that

meguca

Yup.
The only one to survive is Shinji, everyone else is gone.
All life on the earth fused together into an lovecraftian ocean horror.

The first things to evolve and step out of that will find a probably immortal shinji completely insane and comatose. Staring into the horrible abyss of his own failure for all eternity.
Next to him is a small puddle of tang, a mostly degraded red plug suit floating in the middle.

I just finished the first 24 episodes of the original series.
Should I continue or watch EOE instead?

>he turns into a hedgehog
Holy shit XD

Both. Watch the last two episodes and then EoE.

I like how they made Asuka and Rei dykes for eacho ther

>once you have at least 16 years
this is an american board friendo

A studio run out of money

>Eva clearly criticizes sexualization and sluts in general
>they publish this
Jesus Christ, just what the fuck is this
Eva franchise was a mistake

It's some spin off by a third party.
It's not canon and has no involvement with Khara and Anno.

I just recently watched this as well. What's the deal with that floating diamond that's everybody's waifu?