When will it be Halos turn to get an anime

When will it be Halos turn to get an anime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tOYES9_k6kE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It already did.

Homecoming > Origins > Odd one out > The Babysitter > Prototype > The Duel > The Package

i rather watch the machinima

>Prototype that low

Yeah no

Prototype should be after Origins.

You mean Master Chief

I don't think prototype is bad, I just think all the ones I have before it are better.

I honestly wholeheartedly agree that Halo should get a full blown anime series, Gundam Seed type shit, I'd even watch it in japanese. (Coming from a non anime fan)

After you go back to your home,

Cal is cute! Cute!

>tfw no production IG series focusing on ODST/ONI black/spec ops shenngians against innies by the same director who did Stand Alone Complex

>ODST
I'm already behind it if certain episodes start with them launching into the planet by pod.

Origins > Prototype > The Babysitter > Homecoming > The Package > Odd One Out > The Duel

Don't really think any of them are bad
Maybe Odd One Out, and that's only because I don't watch Dragonball after the original series/manga.

Also, more than anything else, is how hard the canon are changed after 2010 or so. The Forerunners in Origins are more closely aligned with Bungies vision.

wait until 2010.

>Also, more than anything else, is how hard the canon are changed after 2010 or so. The Forerunners in Origins are more closely aligned with Bungies vision.

I'm not sure I would agree with that assessment. It's pretty clear that bungie didn't have any particular thing in mind for the forerunners based on how inconsistent the few details they DID give for them were.

It's sort of a shame the 343 forerunner novels revealed so much but they are also without a doubt the best written novels in the franchise and absolutely did a better job of protraying them and their soceity in ways that did their air of mystery and level of technology justice and made the flood and their origins legimately terrifying. It's top tier cosmic horror.

>I'd even watch it in japanese. (Coming from a non anime fan)
Jesus Christ, this probably sounded better in your head. Why are you even on Sup Forums?

>No anime about cute girls doing superbounce glitches

it already did
it's called arby n the chief

Here, the prototype sketches of the Forerunners in the cancelled Halo MMORPG back in 2005.
And the Halo 2 interviews.
And the appearance of them in Origins in 2009, with having humanoid shapes and 5-fingers, unlike by the time Halo 4 came out in 2012.
Heck, even the dialogue of Halo CE/Halo 3, the one in the Halo control center, where 343 basically claimed that Chief is "forerunner".

It's clear the Forerunners were intended to be "advanced ancient humans" until Greg came along and basically molded them into similar beings like his previous novels in Eon, Blood Music, and others.

>Taking the halo MMO stuff as even close to being canon or what bungie wanted

>with having humanoid shapes and 5-fingers,
But the forerunner handprints in CE and 2 have six 6 fingers

>Heck, even the dialogue of Halo CE/Halo 3, the one in the Halo control center, where 343 basically claimed that Chief is "forerunner".
Except the Halo 3 terminals nearly outright say that humans and forerunners are seperate. Even bungie didn't know if what they wanted the human-forerunner relationship to be by that point.

Goddamn it's been years since I last watched that.

It's too American, it would never work.

Not really. The civvillian/intellgience side of the halo universe is pretty cyberpunk in the same way GitS is, hence why I suggested earlier. SPARTAN's also do pretty anime tier shit in the novels as well when they aren't being tactical.

There is Halo manga by Nihei.

Package over babysitter and it's perfect.

>you now remember XxXsm0k3w33d4lyph420XxX
Good times

The Didact has six fingers in Halo 4.

So lads, was it a warthog or a puma?

A chicken

Breaking Quarantine is objectively the best story of the graphic novel

Wasn't there a Manga based on Killzone?

I thought it already had one.

Who /arbynthechief/ here?

I really should rewatch this stuff as the last timenI did I didn't even watch anime

youtube.com/watch?v=tOYES9_k6kE

>elites were really Japanese all along

Probably the only episode I really disliked.

I mean, they were already really japanese anyways. The visuals in it aren't canon, anyways, though the actual story is.

Why does fucking Sup Forums have the best Halo thread i've seen on Sup Forums in months?

>tfw if the emperor had a text to speech device is my new arby n the chief

>H3LL0 IM M4STUR CH99F LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 1111

It was good time.

>puma
like the shoe company?

No its like a big cat.

Yeah
Too bad it got rebooted for youtube money

We actually watch anime.
I do at least

Sup Forums is a cesspool.

>The Package
Heavily flawed, but the run through the corridors of the Covenant Cruiser set to a variation of the classic Halo theme allows me to overlook most its problems.

>I honestly wholeheartedly agree that Halo should get a full blown anime series
Keep 343 Industries out of it though - they don't have a clue what they are doing with Halo's plot.

this shit is fucking postmodern kino

>Why does fucking Sup Forums have the best Halo thread i've seen on Sup Forums in months?
Sup Forums likes Halo 5.

That says it all really.

> but the run through the corridors...
I can't agree. The entire thing is just so stupidly generic and is pretty much the worst type of Halo EU material there is. It killed off an entire S2 just to have a guy to kill off, and Halsey being captured like that makes no fucking sense. it also set up this whole thing with the elite major intended to be the arbiter before he became that, but that would have violated a bunch of prexisting lore so they had to retcon it.

>Keep 343 Industries out of it though....

This is true and untrue.

It's true that they have no idea with what they are doing with Halo's current central plotline, but I can you didn't mean that specially and meant the lore as a whole, which 343 sort HAS sort of handled well. 343 is shit at advancing the state of the universe and game stories, but they actually have about the same average quality level as bungie when it comes to the books and spinoffs in general.

I'm pretty confident they could pull off just working with an anime studio to make an anime and the plot and lore content in it being fantastic, since they put out great books that way all the time (2015 and 16 are outright the best years we've ever had for halo novels), as long as they aren't doing the story themselves in house, which they screw up nearly every fucking time (Halo 4, 5, the escalations comics, etc).

Also, picture somewhat related, though even the user saying this messed up and shat on 343 more then needed, since the gensong bit leading to the creation of the S2 program is fine, he just misunderstood it (which, admittedly, is due to 343 doing a shit job of explaining what a genesong is in 4)

user you are replying to: Sup Forums doesn't like Halo 5, Sup Forums is split on it, but the half that does like it are right too, 5's MP, core mechanics, and forge are outright fantastic. The issue is just the single player and story are trash and there's no local play, but the people who like 5 outright admit that.

>The entire thing is just so stupidly generic
Yes, but not everything has to be unique and subversive to be enjoyable. Sometimes I just want to see Spartans be shown to be the one man army that every single one of them is known to be (this is something 343i struggles to do). In terms of the plot and its contribution to the Halo canon, The Package is bad to the point of being detrimental to the EU. But I'm not going to say that I didn't enjoy it.

>It's true that they have no idea with what they are doing with Halo's current central plotline
Agreed - it's a meandering mess at the moment. Made worse by the fact that every so often they produce something great in the EU that revives my hope for the franchise.

> but I can you didn't mean that specially and meant the lore as a whole, which 343 sort HAS sort of handled well
They are good at establishing on and expanding lore (usually through third parties as you mentioned), but like Bungie before them, they forget or dismiss story-threads all too often and have a habit of contradicting themselves.

>which they screw up nearly every fucking time (Halo 4, 5, the escalations comics, etc).

Couldn't agree more.

>(which, admittedly, is due to 343 doing a shit job of explaining what a genesong is in 4)
343i are horrible at explaining things. God help somebody with no experience of the Halo franchise who picked up Halo 4 or 5.

>5's MP, core mechanics and forge are outright fantastic
Forge is indeed great, but I can't agree with you on the multiplayer and mechanics. But this is not the place to discuss that. Suffice to say, as a long-time Halo fan, Halo 5 disappointed me on so many levels that I find it incredibly difficult to get excited by new games any more.

>Yes, but not everything has to be unique and subversive to be enjoyable. Sometimes I just want to see Spartans be shown to be the one man army that every single one of them is known to be (this is something 343i struggles to do). In terms of the plot and its contribution to the Halo canon, The Package is bad to the point of being detrimental to the EU. But I'm not going to say that I didn't enjoy it.

I mean, I guess I get what you mean, but the Halo 5 intro animation is a much better execution of SPARTANS cutting lose and doing "linda sniping banshees while hanging upside down off a aircraft" tier shennanigans, or even the Prototype episode, even if it's pretty lore iffy itself

>God help somebody with no experience of the Halo franchise who picked up Halo 4 or 5.
Again, I have to disagree here. 4 explains way, way waaaaaaaaay more about the stuff it introduces and has in it then CE did. CE is far more dependent on the player reading Fall of Reach then 4 is on the kilo 5 or forerunner books. I've never understood this complaint.

Granted, the explanations given in 4 are handled poorly, but they are at least there, wheras CE just sort of assumed you read Fall of Reach as far as what the UNSC is, what the SPARTAN program is, who John, Cortana, and Keyes are, what Reach is and why the PoA is where it is, and what the covenant are, etc. 4 at least gives SOME explanation for Jul and his faction, the Didact and librarian, the composer, requim, and the promethians.

> But this is not the place to discuss that.
I mean, there's not much else to disscuss in the thread. The Legends talk was exhausted. May as well just talk about the series in general till the thread 404's or the janitors purge it.

>literal Sup Forums thread on Sup Forums
We've come full circle

Don't bully the Halos!!!

I'm surprised no one mentioned RedvsBlue yet. The writing got worse after season 10 though, Dammit Miles

>but the Halo 5 intro animation is a much better execution of SPARTANS cutting lose
Like those two drunks fighting each other in front of a portal?

>wheras CE just sort of assumed you read Fall of Reach as far as what the UNSC is, what the SPARTAN program is, who John, Cortana, and Keyes are, what Reach is and why the PoA is where it is, and what the covenant are, etc
But you don't NEED that information to enjoy Halo CE's plot - it's largely self-contained. All you're missing is background information that isn't crucial to the story that the game tells.

Halo 5 is a very different beast in that regard. So many names, references, and plot devices that are integral to the story being told are pulled from other Halo media with little or no explanation.

>I mean, there's not much else to disscuss in the thread
I'm happy to discuss lore, because it's tangentially related to the OP post. But what I was saying is that I'm not going to discuss my criticisms of Halo 5's gameplay and mechanics here.

Boards usually have better discussions about the topics they don't revolve around.

Halo has been dead to me. The Origin was my favorite, I have always loved Halo's lore until 343 raped it in the ass. Might get Halo Wars 2 if it feels like the original.

>Might get Halo Wars 2 if it feels like the original.
Things are looking promising, especially since the gameplay looks very similar to that of the original and the plot seems like it will be more or less shielded form the rest of the bullshittery currently going on in the Halo universe.

That said, it will be the first Halo game since Halo 3 that I won't be buying on launch because I'm still salty after being burnt by Halo 5.

>Like those two drunks fighting each other in front of a portal?

No, no, the intro animation, when Team Osiris is running down the mountain. The Locke vs Chief fight is shit.

>But you don't NEED that information to enjoy Halo CE's plot - it's largely self-contained. All you're missing is background information that isn't crucial to the story that the game tells.
>Halo 5 is a very different beast in that regard. So many names, references, and plot devices that are integral to the story being told are pulled from other Halo media with little or no explanation.

I actually remember 5's a lot less then 4's because so little fucking happened in 5's, but for 4's, at least, I would argue you also could understand it fine even without the context. Like, even if you have never read any of the books, it's should still be easy to get that

>Oh shit these covenant aren't sided with us
>Oh fuck these forerunner robots are bad
>Oh shit the forerunner darth vaderis bad too

etc the same way that they would get

>Oh shit these aliens are bad
>Oh fuck those zombie aliens are REALLY bad
>Oh fuck the robots are bad now

343 has only raped the game plots in the ass, the books are still good.

>No, no, the intro animation, when Team Osiris is running down the mountain
That is very good admittedly (but Blue Team's entrance on the Argent Moon is better).

>I actually remember 5's a lot less then 4's because so little fucking happened in 5's
Really? Because from 343i's perspective nothing of importance happened in Halo 4:
>Cortana didn't really die
>The Didact didn't really ide
>Spartan Ops didn't matter
Whereas in Halo 5 they launched an entire new direction for the Halo story with the beginning of the fight against the Created.

>343 has only raped the game plots in the ass, the books are still good.
But all the Halo media should be in harmony with each other - 343i is actively fighting against the authors trying to take the lore of the series to its full potential.

Do you ever wonder why we are here?

5 looked horrible. I got MCC at launch meanwhile I didn't encounter as much bugs as everyone else. I still felt I payed too much for a nostalgia trip. I haven't played it since they gave out ODST, which I felt no need to replay.

>tfw I couldn't enjoy The Prototype because it conflicted with Mjolnir lore
Unaugmented humans were unable to use Mjolnir armor. One marine who did so at the behest of the brass broke his back almost immediately.

I was more hyped for Halo 5 than I've been for any game ever. It had a really good (and misleading) marketing campaign that I fell for hook, line, and sinker.

Oddly the Halo Wars marketing campaign has been rather subdued by comparison.

*Halo Wars 2 marketing campaign

You guys know that the Arby'n' the Chief series is being continued right now,right?

I lost interest in that around the time they killed off Cortana.

It was great in its prime though.

>It had a really good (and misleading) marketing campaign that I fell for hook, line, and sinker.

I think a lot of people forget that 2's marketing campaign was widely criticized for being misleading as well, and all 3 ARG's for the OT of halo game had almost nothing to do with the final game.

The Cortana Letters, IRIS, and ESPECIALLY ilovebees make HuntTheTruth look 100% related to the plot of Halo 5 in comparsion

>The Cortana Letters, IRIS, and ESPECIALLY ilovebees make HuntTheTruth look 100% related to the plot of Halo 5 in comparsion
I know, but I was younger back then so the disappointment didn't sting as much (also helped that Halo 2 and 3 were brilliant). Also, I was far more invested in Hunt the Truth because it was so well produced.

More importantly, when will 40k get its anime series?

Right after Ringworld (and probably the rest of Known Space) anime adaptations.

Soon.

>not assasininja4827

>They finally add Master Cheif's old squad to the game
>most of the game your stuck playing as Locke

Fuck I'm still mad damn it. I just wanted to get more of Fred, Kelly, and Linda. Fuck them for forcing us to deal with Osiris. At least Buck was as entertaining as ever I guess.

>Broke his back
To be technically, he broke nearly every bone in his body. Though I guess you could say he broke his back. He was fine until if I recall he had an itch or sneezed, the moment he did that, the unreal speed the suit moved his body at, systematically shattered his bones to dust.

>At least Buck was as entertaining as ever I guess.
But I wanted Buck AND Thorne. Shoehoring in two female nobodies who added nothing to the game was stupid.

>5 looked horrible.

Not him, but as I said in , I really think 5's MP and core gameplay are the best the series has had in a very, very long time, easily since 2 if not period. Forge is also inarguably the best it's been. It goes back to even starts and weapons on maps, and has a very sort of Halo 2 esque approach to general design philopshy I really like, with a big focus on 4v4 combat and vertical map design.

It does add a lot of new features, mainly movement mechanics, but they are well implemented and don't interfere with the core arena shooter roots the games started with, unlike what reach and 4 did, and are executed better then and mesh more with the core gameplay then either h3's equipment did or r/4's armor abilities, since they are core abilities like jumping or melee rather then pickups/gear. I also think it has the best weapon balance.

But I think the other user is right, this is getting too far into Sup Forums territory

I actually don't really care who i'm playing as, honestly. It's not like John or the rest of blue team are that more interesting the Osiris anyways. I do think they butchered buck though. in ODST, he had a lot of personality traits going on, between his thing with Dare and his wisecracking and his comradere with the rest of the squad, wheras in 5 he's just

>le sarcastic quip comic relief man

Vale is actually sort of neat in the book she's introduced in, if a bit mary sue-ish. Tanaka is just as boring in Esclations, though, but no suprise since escalations is the single worst piece of halo media period.

>falling for Hunt the Truth
Please. One glance and you know it's bullshit.

Making Buck a spartan was a great choice. He's a super entertaining character and my god does Nathan Fillion add a lot to his character. However, nobody else in Osiris was entertaining at all, just boring nobodies. Needed another charismatic character for Buck to shit around with.

They butchered his character but damn it Nathan Fillion is a very charismatic actor so he still brought a lot to the table for him. Maybe they will make better use of him in the next one. Though if we don't get more of Blue Team in the next one I'm going to be pissed.

user...can you just be human?

>We won't ever get an amazing anime adaptation of the Fall of Reach

Fuck.

Hey, I'm wiser now. It may have been bullshit, but it drew me in and I found it to be very entertaining.

>However, nobody else in Osiris was entertaining at all
Hence why I think that adding Thorne in the place of one of the female Spartans (preferably Tanaka) would have been a good move. While not the most interesting character in the world, Thorne is reasonably well fleshed out, is a very accomplished Spartan, and players would already be quite familiar with him from Spartan Ops.

>They butchered his character
How so? He barely got enough lines for anything to happen to his character - positive or negative.

After Brady gets a sports anime. Because seriously, LI was a fucking shonen finale.

>21-3 at the half
>28-3 with 8:30 left third quarter
>Patriots go full shonen powerup, score 25 points to push it into OT, then another touchdown to win

XxXsm0k3w33d4lyph420XxX > Craig > assninja4827

Halos wars 2 hype

As long as it isn't more god awful live action stuff

Halo 5s game mechanics are literal trash, literally the epitome of a big company pandering to everyone by making the ceiling a knee level

Who's care? Halo universe is shit anyway.

>Brady throwing back to back literal flawless passes all the way to the touchdown in the overtime

Jesus christ, he ascended in the last quarter.

How did they fuck up the animated adaption they did do so badly?

That studio's motion comic stuff for the Evolutions stories and their terminals for CEA and H2A look great.

>by making the ceiling a knee level
u wot

Maybe it's cause they never gave Buck a lot to do, but in ODST he had a lot more depth to his character besides just being a wisecracking guy. He had depth to him that felt non-existent in Halo 5.

>It's not like John or the rest of blue team are that more interesting the Osiris anyways
I was happier playing as Blue Team though, if that counts for anything.

Neither 343i or Bungie seem to understand why The Fall of Reach is as popular as it is.

>As long as it isn't more god awful live action stuff
Forward unto Dawn was okay. Nightfall was intolerable trash though.

>Halo 5s game mechanics are literal trash, literally the epitome of a big company pandering to everyone by making the ceiling a knee level
Finally some sanity.

Bullet magnetism
Sprinting
Charging
Reduced health

They should have had a real animation studio do it. Shit was soooo disappointing. Fall of Reach is one of the best halo books and seeing it not get a good adaptation time after time is just sad. Halo Reach could have been great but it fucked up the canon so much it's not even hardly worth talking about.

>He had depth to him that felt non-existent in Halo 5.
That's because, as you said "they never gave Buck a lot to do". So I don't think it's right to say that his character was ruined in Halo 5 in that regard.

I just want a halo anime that follows the events of Ghost of Onyx.
>God tier Kurt
>God tier ending
>Kurt giving one of the best final lines ever

Shit would be god tier

What made the OG Halo lore so great was how grounded yet mysterious it felt. There was no deus ex machina that let humanity gain immeanse power and explore the stars as gods; they had to build up space colonisation over 500 years and even at their peak they'd only colonised a single arm of the galaxy and were technologically inferior to every other known race. Said other races were mysterious beings whose religious motives and warped society felt alien and strange. The halo ring itself was a massive mystery, and uncovering that mystery made the plot of the first game feel special and huge in scale.

Then the sequels and expanded universe came along and made humans an ancient race who once had an empire spanning the whole universe, the covennant a simple and easy-to-understand theocracy based around a single religious concept (the Great Journey), and explained everything about the halo rings and their creators in detail. That sense of groundedness and mystery was completely destroyed. In terms of lore:
1 > 2 > 3 > the rest

>We won't ever get an amazing anime adaptation of the First Battle of Harvest with Avery Johnson as MC

Fuck this gay earth