I Am That I Am

I Am That I Am

Talk about God

*Non-Denominational discussion regarding God, God's attributes and tangible connection to material reality.

Try to avoid Esotericism plox

1. *God* is a symbolic word used to express our apprehension *and* our relationship to Objective Reality

2. The anthropomorphic representations of God are highly symbolic and do not reflect God's absolute existence, merely God's aspect as personified by Human Beings.

Holy and just. Merciful and wise.

Does love us but does righteously judge the Earth

Ever had an experience you feel may have been divinely inspired?

Many. Divine and Diabolical.

I have seen both sides.

>implying god exists

Mushrooms/LSD really showed me the light, personally. I think they physiologically encourage compassion and seeing the forest from the trees.

Yeah. I reckon it's complimentary to have experienced horror and then be able to recognise salvation as real and achievable.

isn't the experience of LSD dependent on individual predisposition? If this is right you sound pretty chill. Would you say you are bigoted?

white shinto now

He/She/It does. Well, metaphorically that is.

Well I began by working with Fallen Angels in Ceremonial Magick

Mythology is fine, but have you tried artificial intelligence?

Techno Jesus will find God for our mortal minds.

A true Artificial intelligence will initially be like a baby.

and is there a concensus on what intelligence is yet? I don't think there is. This being the case, how can we begin to *create* AI?

It would be funny if it wasn't representative of such monumental hubris.

How do you feel about this episode in your life?

What do you guys think of pantheism?

A baby that'll grow up faster than we ever could.

Hubris is to think man's comprehension is the end all be all of knowledge.

This is my first post on this site.
Of all the crazy threads that are posted here on Sup Forums I am always glad to see these sprinkled among them. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the good laugh browsing here but these threads in particular remind me why this place is profitable.
Christ came into this world to reconcile sinners to God. The need for this reconciliation is because Man has been in a constant state of rebellion since Adam acquiesced to Eve's disobedience to God. If Adam would have admonished his wife and refused to eat the forbidden fruit, sin would not have entered the world here. Woman (wife) is subject to Man (husband) and Man is subject to God. The authority bestowed by God to Man allows for Man's vassals to stumble but God will not tolerate His vassals to stumble which are subject to Him. Incoming a very brief history mode.

Sin enters the world at this point and the Garden is no longer an option. Man, through his rebellion, is made to provide for himself and made to toil. Adam - being in the striking image of God - marches off to tame the world. Adam and Eve multiply as commanded by God. Sin continues to eat away at the world. Cain kills his brother Able out of Envy declaring "Am I my brother's keeper?”
Man continues to multiply (through sister marriage at first?). Their sins also multiply until God - through his providence - cleanses the world of the abject buildup of sin. Noah, who is still under the bondage of sin through Adam, none-the-less heard the voice of God and obeyed. God declares that he will not end the world by water again even though God knows the world will ultimately come to an end by other means because of Adam's rebellion.

Like the house of Adam, Noah's house spreads throughout the land. It would be a great boon to worldly knowledge whether the progress of Adam's taming was faster than Noah's or vice-versa but since my goal is spreading a salvation message and not worldly knowledge that can be left for another time. Man begins (again?) to think he is the center and seeks to spite God by attempting construction of a wonder. God sighs at their rebellion and imposes a great burden on Man by confounding his language.
After a time – through the providence of God – Abram is called out of his comfy living at the center of the world. Knowing there is something terribly wrong with the order of the world Abram heeds the voice of God and leaves cushy Ur. God leads him unto the narrow path. By following the narrow path, Abram, now called Abraham, becomes/will become the father of a great multitude of nations. These nations will ultimately play a major role in the salvation of all mankind, with one nation being particularly special, the Israelites, the chosen People.

This special People is commanded to be different from the other peoples of the world. They are indeed different, then and now. In time the house of Israel migrates to Egypt because of worldly famine, a wonderful test/gift/burden. After many generations of the Israelites teaching the Egyptians the way of God, the Egyptians became hard of heart and begin to reject the Israelites, turning to old ways. After a time – in His providence – God rescued His People from temporal bondage and placed before them a path towards an Earthly Eden, the Promised Land and a Spiritual Eden, Heaven. Man, however, being corrupted by sin, turned to their old ways and began to grumble against God yet again.
God, being all that is Truth, Justice, Mercy, Love, provided for this sorry lot, even in their rebellion, and pronounced to them the Law that shall govern them and in time the whole Earth. They were commanded to abide by this Law and in return they would have a Land and a God that shall protect them from Alpha to Omega.

The Israelites, by the power of God, conquer the Promised Land from the child sacrificing irredeemable inhabitants. God establishes the nation of Israel and makes one thing clear above all, that, “I am the Lord thy God, thou shall have no other gods before me.” The Land will be stripped from those that do not follow this commandment and be given to their enemies, but ultimately when God ordains, the Land will be given to those that are profitable.
God – as King – appointed Judges to rule over his people. Rule by wise judges is the preferred form of social order only behind rule by Jesus, the Christ-King Himself – the embodiment of Truth. God knows that Man cannot achieve this level of Kingship and is angered by His People when they cry out for a king, attempting to imitate the other great nations of the world. The people are oblivious to the fact that God is their King. God sighs again.

Earthly kings begin to rule the Israelites. Some kings obey the Word and others reject the Word, those that rejected the Word led their people astray with them but all the Earthly kings take from their vassals. The second king, David, gives a glimpse of what Christ’s Kingship will entail. The Davidic King is an image of Christ. It is a good faith attempt by fallen man to achieve Kingship and it is probably the closest example we have of Christ reigning in Glory on Earth.
The Israelites ebb and flow between giving all glory and honor to God and keeping all glory and honor for themselves. For this sustained rebellion God disciplines His People by fracturing the kingdom of Israel. Even though God has fractured their kingdom they continue to look to themselves for salvation. God – in his providence – scatters ten (Joseph encompassing two tribes through Ephraim and Manasseh) of the twelve tribes of Israel, stripping them of their identity for their great buildup of sin. The remaining tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi are taken into exile but are allowed to retain their identity. These Judean led people are allowed to return to their land – in contrast to the ten tribes which were stripped of their ancestry.

True AI will never become a reality.

Under the guidance of the tribe of Judah, the Jews take on the great task of cataloging God breathed Scripture. With this great responsibility comes great Pride – in Self; not God – which is why they persecute those that mention this, namely the prophets and ultimately Jesus Christ himself.
God uses what is weak in the world to shame the strong. This is a continual message throughout the Holy Bible. It is for good reason, to teach us to humble ourselves. There is no coincidence that God humbled Himself by entering into time and becoming a lowly Man. On top of this, God emptied Himself into a Jew (capable of the greatest sins because they know the Word but refuse to obey, unlike the ignorant). Christ, King of kings and Anointed Son/Heir of God, was then rejected by his own people (most in need of God’s reconciliation), humiliated, tortured and eventually murdered by them. By always following God’s voice and willfully entering into His Passion, Christ took on Death itself and triumphed becoming Lord of the Living AND the Dead. Before Christ died his mortal death he proclaimed “Forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

The Gospel can be summed up in two commandments: “Love God with all thy heart and Love thy neighbor.” We are called to love all, even our enemies, and leave vengeance to God, the One in the best position to exact Justice. The entirety of the Holy Bible proclaims this simple dual principle (among a great multitude of subsidiary principles) and is not contradicted. If you accept these two principles given by Christ you know Him. If you reject these principles – rejecting the call of the Holy Spirit – you are in danger of losing Him. His Love is a free gift. Imitate Him as much as humanly possible while.

Sadly very exciting and alluring

Hey OP, I don't know how many times you and your buddies have made this thread, but there's something you should know:

"And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea."

Lying to God's children is something he takes rather seriously. No one can help you, no one can save you from the punishment of God if you continue to lie to God's true election.

I am as bigoted as anyone else. It's pretty obvious tribal/racist tendencies are inherent in humans. People like people who look like them, and the opposite is also true.

It's is fatherly
It judges
It would rather save than condemn
Distance from it is defined as hell
Closeness to it is heaven
It is the root of concepts like "love" "righteousness" "wisdom" "truth" "justice"
Absents of its presence is quantified as "sin"
It is one thing, with three forms, each carrying a different responsibility, though responsibilities between the entity can shift from form to form
No one form is above another form, all are needed in order for God to be God.
One form is the will. (YHWH)
Another is the breath. (Shekhinah)
And the final is the word. (Logos)
It isn't outside of logic, it is logic itself
The concept of "good" and "evil" only ever make sense in relation to him
He is the only higher force worthy or worship
Many many many different forces exist in an abstract plan (Kel, Odin, Ra, Lucifer, Krishna) though he has dominion over all of them.
We will reflect him in heaven as we do on earth
We will reflect him more clearly and accurately in heaven.

Hey, aren't you a regular /x poster?

Outside of kikes on a stick and semen slurpers Sup Forums doesn't know much about divinity

“Behold, I am coming soon. I bring with me the recompense I will give to each according to his deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” (Rev.22:12-13)

STFU you schizo.

God bless you for these post.

1) For I am but dust and ashes in the arms of the Lord my God.
2) The whole world he spoketh forth for thine own sake.
3) For God is good and the light is good and creation is good.
4) Life is cruel and full of horror.
5) Such horror is the price of free will we can both suffer and triumph for the grace of a God so benevolent as to bring forth the world and step back so that we may step forward.
6) Life is cruel and unfair and sometimes without much reason or course but one ought not retire hope for man or God despite this for in our darkest depths we find the truth of God.
Just a tad bit from the Judiac perspective.
>One form is the will. (YHWH)
My name includes in it the hebrew Tetragrammaton.... Neither of my parents realized it when they named me and all my life up until that point it always seemed as if I were blessed by God.
t. A humbled jew

Deecent.
For reflection:
'Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I told you, ‘You must be born from above.’ The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” Nicodemus answered and said to him, “How can this happen?” Jesus answered and said to him, “You are the teacher of Israel and you do not understand this? Amen, amen, I say to you, we speak of what we know and we testify to what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony. If I tell you about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? No one has gone up to heaven except the one who has come down from heaven, the Son of Man. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.” (Jn.3:5-15)

A normal critical thinker can not deny there is an absolute sentient creator who brought order in a void of chaos. If you can't see there is a divine presence even mathematically in anything from cellular to planetary alignment...you either are not looking, working against said creator intentionally or are aware of it and suppress your awareness out of self servitude indulgence so you can live a "do as thou wilt" lifestyle without fear of repercussion.

God is a way of describing patterns we see in reality, the universe, existence, experience, which we do not and can not understand- to understand it would require existing outside of it. We project this existence outside as God.

A powerful thing to have in your name

My middle name is the hebrew name meaning their is but one God and that is he. My first name similarly makes compounds with this rather weirdly and well in a manner that rather freaked me when I found out about it. As if another reminder to sit up straight and aim for the good and the just and that one must and ought do as such. I will not mention my biblical first name as I already have mentioned my middle but suffice to say the love of the Lord is and the pressure of the notion of father is exceptionally mind-clearing.

Is virtue tangible enough? Love? Mercy? Compassion? Justice? Hope?....

If you try to measure God, The Eternal, by scientific method, then it is not God. If one claims to know is full essence, they are a lair or deluded. We have only what has been revealed, and these metaphysical things we ponder but it is not our mystery to solve. We can only enter into it, if we are willing, and this by faith, and faith by hearing the Word of God. If one longs for the gift of the Spirit in faith, then one has... a share in the divine life, welling up within, the fullness of God... a yearning, a fire within that illumines all things.

God is Providence that injected purpose into material reality

>I am that I am
Is that just a way of saying "I don't fucking know what I am"?

It's more like 'none of your business'