What exactly is the rationale for grocery stories not being allowed to sell cold alcohol...

What exactly is the rationale for grocery stories not being allowed to sell cold alcohol? Is it as completely arbitrary as it seems?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/E2V9aVca
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are less likely to buy it crack it open and drive i guess

restaurants and bars lobby against it
thats all there is to why it exists in so many states

grocery stores especially could sell beer and wine for cheap

I quit drinking but i would never pay those higher prices in a bar

It's a mishmash of laws state to state. In PA, Wegmans grocery store got around it by building a bar inside the store.

crypto-sharia

>His state doesn't let him buy cold booze in the grocery store.
Yet another reason California is the best state.

>Yet another reason California is the best state.
>California
>best
Pick one faggot

Yet another reason why (((Protestants))) are a burden to the USA

>not drinking warm beer for quicker, stronger buzz

>California
>Best
I picked both bruv.
Deal with it.

most states allow it, brainlet

you are a disgrace to your flag

jesus christ we even sell Cold beer in grocery stores here in Ontario

*gets shot by beaner. *house catches fire. *Corpse raped and shot on by homeless fags. Yay cold beer!

>German flag
>Warm beer
Holy shit did my great uncle get on here?

I grew up in Louisiana and all our stores sell cold beer and Liquor.

I remember when i was in my late 20's and i was feeling sad one night so i drove to the grocery store and they wouldn't let me buy alcohol.

>"we can't sell it to you, it's after 2 am"
>But why?
>"That's the Law."

What the fuck is the reasoning behind it? That people might leave a bar drunk and go and buy more alcohol? What kind of stupid bitch do you have to be for that to make sense?

Right, that is why I said ONE of the reasons.
So? Doesn't change the fact that California is the best state.

niggers.

Do you remember not being able to buy anything except groceries on Sunday?

here you cannot buy alcohol anywhere other than the liquor store or at like a bar/restaurant. Not sure why there's so many restrictions, even in usa some states are the same and the 21 year drinking age. seems unnecessary

What the fuck kind of communist shit hole you live in? All the grocery stores around here sell cold alcohol.

I think it depends on the state. In PA you have to get beer from a beer distributor. I've been to Texas and they sold cold beer at WalMart and cold beer at convience stores. Fucking not in PA, all the beer distributors shut down early, can't buy liquor on Sundays. You could get a six pack from a bar, but only able to carry two out at a time.

>>"we can't sell it to you, it's after 2 am"

Should have said that it is also before 2 am, so there's no problem.

Cannot sell cold booze? Set up a chiller next to the counter. That's what my localpackage store does.

where? every gas station has beer and cheap wine on the east coast

>Hawaii sells it in grocery stores
>Hawaii is better

I was told it was right at 2am, because that's when the bars let out.

I'll laugh.
But I'm legit half german. Mein Vater ist Deutscher aus Bayren

we can't buy alcohol in stores past 10pm (some are 11pm) and 5 or 6pm on sundays

Sucks to be you, I guess. We have cold beer and wine in grocery stores here.

Oh, the one grocery store me finally started to sell beer. But you can't get it after midnight and it's separate from the regular line. It's a "beer garden". By separate I mean it's a separate checkout that shuts down at midnight, can't pay for your steaks and a 12 pack at the same time.

>Freedom land
>Doesen't even have freedom to buy alcohol from fridge

The US has some contrived laws vis-a-vis alcohol:
Can drink booze in public but in a paper bag (I thought that was a prank at first)
Places where bitches take it all off = no alcohol served. If she takes off her top only = booze

NC allows cold beer and wine to be sold in grocery stores but liquor is only sold at state run liquor stores which is fucking dumb. Doesn't bother me too much though since I'm military, can get warm/cold beer, wine, and liquor all at one stop on base on my way home from work.

>they can't get cold beer and a bag of Doritos at the drive-thru liquor store
Sad.

Wait what the fuck? They can't sell alcohol out of refrigerators? Or at all?
I live in Nevada, I've never heard of this

It depends on the state, it's not a federal law.

I don’t know if they still do it but in PA when I lived there years ago the smallest amount of beer you could buy was a case. So they had those cases of 7 oz. Rolling Rock and you had to go to a drive through distributor.

government being retarded like usual

drive-thru liquor store... HAHAHAHAHHAH
Can you keep the booze in the car, or do you have to put it in the trunk?

>drive-thru liquor store

this is so white trash

It all varies state to state and even city to city. Where I went to college in a small town in Indiana they allowed you to drink alcohol in public without hiding it. "Party" cities like Las Vegas, New Orleans, etc. also allow you to drink in public as well.

Dumb and out-dated laws that people don't want to change for some reason. I live in KY now and we have some odd laws, but its mainly just hours of sales 0700-0230 Mon-Sat for all types, liquor is reduced to 1300-2100 on Sundays. Bars and restaurants are 0700-0230 every day.

It's to cut down on niggers drinking on the street. They still do it, but they do it less.

It might depend where and when. The beer distributor up the street from me sells 12 packs.

California is the most cucked, brown, liberal, burning, piece of shit state in the USA. Just because you sell cold beer doesn't mean it negates all of the other shit.

>jesus christ we even sell Cold beer in grocery stores here in Ontario

Pffff hahaha. Ontario has a pilot project, a few stores sell alcohol. Everyone not near those stores still relies on the LCBO and Beer Store. In Quebec you can buy cold beer at any gas station any time of the day like a normal person.

Isn't PA a small state? You have to drive an entire day to leave Texas but I'm getting a short drive over to another state and you've got cold beer

ya, I have been to quite a few states (20) and I know the laws are all very different. I always make sure to check the local laws before visiting a new city. I also like to read about the weirdo laws that are still in the books but never get enforced> ex: no man shall carry ice cream in his pocket on Sunday.

Hopefully the people can elect lawmakers that respect people's freedoms. But in this case it is payoffs to the politicians from the jew bar owners.

Keep telling yourself that poor flyover scum.
>Hawaii.
>Better.
At least we killed most of our natives. You dumb cunts let them run the state.

The fuck. Even in Utah beer is in the coolers. Though to get non-weak beer/alcohol you have to go to the state-run liquor stores.

>Doesn't change the fact that California is the best state.

Right, aside from the crippling debt your country has as well as the completely fucked 2nd amendment rights?

For the east coast it's a large state, not compared to the western states though. From the center of PA (centre county) it takes at least 3 hours to reach another state.

Compared to Texas yeah, but it's sizable. Probably a four hour drive from south to north. It would take me a half hour to get to Maryland, but our beer distributors have coolers. You can buy cold beer there, but rarely any beer is sold at grocery stores, and none is sold at convenience stores. The beer distributors are separate buildings, usually just blocky cinderblock buildings dotted all around. You have to go to a state store (a whole other building) to get wine or liquor, they don't sell beer. it's annoying, and they don't keep the best hours.

in Kentucky like every gas station has a walk in refrigerator just for beer

Who state owned liquor store here?

>Crippling debt.
Oh yeah, is it crippling?
In the same way that our federal debt is crippling?
Meaning not at all?

California has a GDP of over 2 trillion.
Our debt is not "crippling".

>2nd amendment
Yeah, I would care about that if, and only if I had any use or need for a gun.
And besides, if I did need a gun, I would simply get a hunting rifle or CCL for a handgun, which by the way my local police are shall issue.

because drunk shits end up killing people if its cold and nobody wants to drink warm piss

>Doesn't change the fact that California is the best state.

They should ban gasoline sales in California you know...

review of areas that sell cold alcohol in relation to niggertry. you will find that car accidents, fights, shootings, niggardly behavior to go hand in hand with cold alcohol sale areas

have you ever seen those drive through places that give you an open drink

>pussy mags
That's why nobody cares.

Arlington checking in

>you will find that car accidents, fights, shootings, niggardly behavior to go hand in hand with cold alcohol sale areas

No...

It's the niggers not the alcohol. There or plenty of white places that have no problem at all with it.

alcohol laws in the US really need to be changed

in my state, liquor licenses for restaurants/bars are insanely expensive (~$1 million each), because each area has a certain number based on population.

Restaurants won't move to a town if they can't get a liquor license, so tons of dining options don't open and we're stuck with these shitty ass bars that have had the license for years.

Because indiana has puritanical alcohol laws. It's like babby utah when it comes to that.

Come to wisconsin if you want that real drunk culture

no. even in the areas where it is a white majority, when they sell cold alcohol, there is fighting and crime. sure, its not has prominent but it happens. selling alcohol warm forces people to drink at goddamn home and stay there

No that was way before my time.

They'll serve it to you in a cup if you ask nicely.

Niggardly means cheaply fyi

What? If people wanted to drink beer in public they would just get a cooler full of ice. Selling cold beer is so when I get home I don't have to stick it in the fridge and wait for it to cool.

Sweetie, not in this society. It means you're a racist

1. It doesn't fucking matter, it will warm up by the time you drink it, and you'll have to store it in the fridge anyway
2. it prevents morons from buying it and drinking it outside or in the car
3. if you cannot wait 10 min for your beer to cool in the freezer, you have a serious alcohol problem.

Nevada has cold alcohol everywhere and you can buy it 24/7 fuck off commie shitskin faggot

What? I think in the majority of states you can sell cold beer

Same here. Must suck to live in a state with shit liquor laws.

pastebin.com/E2V9aVca
list of antifa
lol they keep trying to get the lists taken down on pastebin but i have it saved on my USB drive

>buying alcohol in canada

join the resistence

And you can drink in public

its to trigger faggots fyi

fuck you, when i was living in NY the drive thru store had great deals and you could return your thousands of beer/soda/whatever for refunds and stock up on anything. fuck they had kegs ready as well

smart

if you dont believe that there are more public disturbances and crime due to drinking by itself then you are delusional. the point is to keep drinkers at home when they buy it, restaurants are an exception same with cooler drinkers. if you actually believe every single fucking drinker throws their shit in a cooler and goes out you are retarded

>go to bar in PA for dinner
>get drunk
>time to leave
>order a 24 pack to go

good times

>selling alcohol warm forces people to drink at goddamn home and stay there

or it just makes them have to plan ahead, buy beer before they want to drink and put it in the fridge.

wow so hard

HAHAHAHAH always nice to be nice ;-)

>At least we killed most of our natives. You dumb cunts let them run the state.

What you did resulted in bland tasteless food, violent crime apologists and suburban soccer-mom culture.
Hawaii is paradise, any objection to that fact blatant delusion.

>Yet another reason California is the best state.
*Breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Oh my God kill yourself promptly Commie faggot. Take a handful of people from San Fran with you if you don't mind.

>flag
>talking about alcohol
>or it just makes them plan ahead
lol you are underage if you are trying to plan out drinking

In Ohio I can literally get cold beer in a drive through. They hand it to me through my car window and I give them money and drive away.

Who the fuck is going to buy a cold 12 pack and quickly drink the entire fucking thing in the parking lot of a grocery store before it warms up? Who does that shit? If you intended to buy booze and drink all of it public chances are you're going to get a cooler anyway. Also, what is a bar? Last I heard when you order a shot they don't give it to you and expect you to consume it at home.

You eat spam, also you eat rice with hamburger patties covered in gravy. You don't get to have an opinion on food pineapple nigger.

>who the fuck is going to drink a 12 pack
nigger, it takes 1 fucking can to alter your mental faculties. its how long time drinkers "only had one" and end up fucking killing a whole family
fuck outta here with your stupidity

Meanwhile, in Colorado....

:D

Fuck CRV I hate that shit