Berserk Thread

Has Guts lost his edge Sup Forums?

Should he have never taken friends under his belt again after losing the Band of the Hawk

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/09/22/feature-part-2-of-berserk-discussion-urges-miura-to-try-a-new-story
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guts didn't lose his edge, the mangaka just lost interest in finishing the story. He's too deep in that loli rabbit hole to do Berserk justice anymore. We're lucky we ever got off the boat.

>implying we're off it

they still have to go back to griffith's kingdom remember

Guts didn't lose his edge. Miura's release schedule is so shit that we don't see it as often.

This in reality, as well as his berserker armor makes him actively try not to lose it, to varying degrees of success.He does still goes 'edgy' but he tries to avoid it now if he can, which usually isn't the case.

They'll go through some secret faerie path that miraculously sends them to a forest right next to Griffith's capitol.

>Another seven years on that god-damned boat

Is his health that bad,reminds me of Kubo

No he just lost interest in his own story, a lot of people do. Doesn't justify 7 years on that boat, if you start a story you should finish it

>rabbit hole

what?

If he lost interest he would just stop writing. He's of retiring age, it's just a passion project at this point

No see only by having friends and being less edgy can he hope to win.

The current Griffith is the ideal Griffith of the world. The Divine King of all the people, the promised hero, the lord of the black sheep and the blind white sheep.

No Monster can kill the Divine hero godking.

But a human can.

Lose his edge? Nah. I mean yeah he's changed but I feel like he kinda had to. The cold, brooding thing would've gotten kinda thin after a dozen volumes. He had to change just generally, because that's what people do when they come into a new situation. Fuckin' everybody in the series has changed, Miura does a great job with character arcs and making them feel natural.

Fucking new chapter when?

"Early 2017"

What went wrong?

Any news on the second half of the season?

Can't say that I can blame the man. A guy can't work that long on something, and put the amount of effort that he does into everything without running out of steam. I just hope that he has someone competent lined up to pick up the torch in the case of his retirement/death.

>lined up
>implying he's not already dead

>he just lost interest in his own stor
Delusion

I hope they die and Guts is back to his old black swordsman self.

>Guts' JRPG party is wiped out
>He freaks out, and the armor takes over
>Without anyone to pull him back, he dies almost immediately

Not going to happen. As long as he's wearing the berserker armor, Schierke at the very least is a packaged deal.

Who's stronger, Zodd or Grunbeld?

i want to inseminate that fish

Don't forget his party still needs to travel back. By boat.

Can Grunbeld survive a fight against Skullknight...?

What has Muira been doing for the past half year?

>Berserk then
>nude Griffith throwing a bucket of water at Guts
>Berserk now
>Guts fighting the giant beating heart of a sea god

>he dies immediately
Not how it works.
Fish don't fug. At best she'd lay eggs and you'd cum all over them

Probably helping the incompetent fucks making the Berserk anime.

>finally get a modern anime
>it looks so shit i didn't even watch the 1st episode

how can you mess up that badly

>Berserk then
>Guts dealing with a retarded woman
>Berserk now
>Guts dealing with even more retarded women

It's probably a tactical delay so that the anime is airing while the manga is being published, I guarantee the current hiatus will end as soon as Clang S2 starts. It'll probably last around 3 months, then a break until summer.

you mean between those two scenes on of horror and the other of pure fantasy?

I love the character development guts goes through. He has a terrible childhood, and that leaves him as a angry loner. Then he meets the band of the hawk and starts to become more human. He finds true friends, cascas love helps him get over his rape issues and his friends from the band of the hawk wants to follow him instead of crippled griffith. Not to mention that thanks to Griffith, he starts philosophizing over his future. Also, while guts had a terrible childhood, he would have become a very caring and good father himself. Then the eclipse happens. Friends dead, his body scarred, his woman raped to insanity and his child corrupted. At this point, he goes insane and becomes the vengeful black swordsman. Vengeance becomes his driving force. He not only goes back to being a loner, but also becomes sadistic and develops a case of bloodlust. The lost children arc shows really well, the lowest point, where guts has fallen. But once he reunites with casca and griffith, he snaps out of it, stops fighting for hate, and instead starts fighting for love. He slowly warms up to his new companions, and sorta becomes a father figure for the team. He finds a purpose for his life: to protect his new companions, with all he has got. That is why he uses the berserker armor even though it is horrible. It's really satisfying and heartwarming to see guts go through the journey of becoming a good and kind human, which he has always meant to be (he has the potential to be a very good hearted man, and when he is not insane, he does not kill for pleasure, but out of necessity). But I think that miura has one more tragedy in store for
Guts. And I'm afraid that this one will end with his death, since such a tragic hero can only get a bitter(sweet) ending.

Guts will not die.

Skullknight easily defeats both with ease if he has the time for it. Especially if he uses the sword of actuation.

Zodd probably beats Grunbeld though. Their first forms are maybe similar but their transformations Zodd is untouchable

>A guy can't work that long on something
Except the gigantic amount of mangaka that have.

The only reason Berserk takes so long is because of the irregular schedules, it would be finished by now if Miura didn't stop working

>Zodd is untouchable
>got arm sliced off by a human (albeit an amazing fighter but a human nonetheless)
>Grunbeld's form took a berserker armor to even crack
>albeit from a weakened guts but that hardly matters with the berserker armor and it was just a crack
right, a warrior's death and the torrent of souls would be too easy for him.
>Griffith becomes universally beloved ruler of all the land finally bringing peace and harmony and joy to all regions who rejoice under his kind reign and protection saving them from monsters and war
>Guts is banished to Hell to have to eternally struggle through endless demon monsters to survive, with escape always just on the horizon, but never getting any closer. Griffith stops in once and a while to taunt him in Femto form, until finally simply leaving him entirely.
>Casca regains only some of her memory and willingly chooses to be with Griffith before Guts is sent to Hell
>Last page is Guts slaughtering demons as perspective pulls back to reveal endless counts more of them all around, drawing closer in the darkness, as Griffith remarks how Guts is already fading from everyone's memories in this happy new world, no one will ever know his struggle, much less remember his name, but that's okay because all he ever wanted was to swing that big sword of his anyway.

this

>all Guts ever wanted was to swing that big sword of his anyway
It's like you didn't even read the manga.

I don't think that berserk will end with such a downer ending.
more like:
>skull knight solves the God hand plot line.
>guts goes after griffith and manages to kill him.
>guts gets labeled a criminal for killing their beloved savior.
>guts gets taken out of town and hung on the same tree, under which he was born, from a hanged woman, thus completing the circle.

Zodd heals the wound immediately. He's called the immortal for a reason. If his arm is cut off he just puts it back on. Femto is the only one that have done permanent damage to Zodd. It's reasonable to believe that Guts' Dragonslayer could do damage as well though.

anybody have a torrent for the BD?

>guts being killed by humans

So how many would they have to send? 50000?

Aren't you about 17 years late to the party?

if he got fucked up enough after rosine to get captured, i'd say it's safe to assume that after his battle with griffith he'd be fucked up enough to get killed. but i doubt it would end with a battle, guts would have to get a ridiculous powerup (which i really hope not, lets not turn this to DB/naruto) or somehow bring griffith down to manageable levels. if that happens, i imagine the moon boy would play a major part in it

Miura already said he doesn't want to end it sadly because he likes Guts too much.

that was way back

Yeah dude not buying your fanfic ending. Sorry.

>I don't think that berserk will end with such a downer ending.
I don't think Berserk will end. It's slowed to a crawl, and even if Miura works until he's 80, he still wouldn't be able to finish it.
I mean, he's 50 now, and he's been drawing Berserk for 27 years.

Between 1990 and 2006, he put out 31 volumes, which equals two volumes a year.
Between 2007 and 2016, he put out 7 volumes, which equals 0.7 volumes a years.
Considering he's getting older, and that he seems to have been completely burned out for the better part of a decade, I doubt he's magically going to increase his productivity. If he manages to keep his current pace, he'll only be able to make another 20 volumes before he's 80.

>fanfic ending
no shit sherlock, did i claim i was miura's penpal?

>Guts gets a cannon from rickert, that looks like his old cannon, but has two shots.
>After a bloody fight, guts makes it to griffith.
>he shoots at griffith who uses telekinesis to block it.
>guts goes full berserker and fights Griffith.
>he looses really bad and his body is all sorts of fucked up.
>Griffith shows off his demon powers by destroying the berserker armor and breaking the dragonslayer into pieces.
>guts is downed and Griffith leans in to gloat.
>then Caska shows up and calls out to Griffith.
>Griffith is shocked and turns into his human form to greet Caska.
>when he starts getting up, Guts uses his cannon to fire a secod shot and hits Griffith straight in the face.
>Griffith is caught off guard and he is blinded by the shot.
>before he can regain his strength, guts jumps him and mutilates his face with a knife.
>Griffith uses telekinesis to push guts off, starts getting up and tuning into a demon, when Suddenly, guts slams a meter long piece of the dragon slayer, into his throat, right down to his heart.
>guts collapses from his injuries and Griffith dies.
>people come in and see a dead Griffith, next to a really broken guts, so they chain guts up and hang him.

Not likely buddy.

pussy nigguh

Not happening

I doubt they're going to go full shonen over-the-top action to power up Guts, at least more than they already did with the berserker armor. His Dragonslayer is just going to be able to hurt Femto/Godhand after having killed so many Apostles and otherworldly creatures, not to mention the fact that they exist in the material plane now. He just needs some way to keep his brand from freaking out when he's near them (maybe a talisman from the elf king/queen), and he's got a chance.

So what, you guys want skull knighet to kill Griffith?

Griffith has to face guts, and he has to win somehow. But since Griffith is so strong, it is gonna be a close draw.

Yes, he has to face him, it would be such a letdown if he wouldn't. But not in the settings you stated above.

I was just speculating, that's what we all do here.
>inb4 Guts and Griffith solve their rivalry with a really long, interesting and philosophical debate, and then go their seperate ways.

Jesus Christ.
I'm reading this interview with Miura and Torishima (an editor and president of a publishing company), and Torishima just tears into him. He says some bizarre fucking shit, like Miura's art not being his strongest point, claiming he should draw fewer details, that Griffith shouldn't have fallen (aka no eclipse) and that Miura should spend less time doing research.

crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/09/22/feature-part-2-of-berserk-discussion-urges-miura-to-try-a-new-story

Next chapter has already been leaked:

>They bring Cascas mind back.
>Skull knight shows up and tells guts that they can surprise Griffith.
>skull knight opens a portal to Griffith's throne room.
>Griffith is meeting with the rest of the God hand.
>Guts runs at the God hand and guts them in half with the dragonslayer in an epic, two page spread.
>then he kills Griffith with the same swing.
>then the idea of evil shows up and Guts throws the dragonslayer at it, killing it.
>after that, Guts and Caska leave to have a happy life together.

>Berserk now
Sea God was 6 years ago.

>chestnut puck shows up
>"in the end he really went BERSERK™"
>circle closes around his neck
>THAT'S ALL, FOLKS [que music]

>Mfw I'm still at the beginning of Falcon of the Millenium empire arc.

Bump

new chapter WHEN

>New chapters never
>films were okay at best
>tv series was bad
>vidyagaem is mediocore at best

We should just give up.

are there any torrents for the original anime that aren't completely fucking dead?

Daily reminder that Griffith did nothing wrong.

it's on youtube you fuck

>Torishima
He's a fucking hack and every single piece of """"""""""advice"""""""""" he gave is utterly wrong, I can't believe Miura is so beta that he just swallowed all that garbage, if it was up to that guy Berserk would have been a Shonen Jump friendly story

The whole point of Guts' character development is that he is slowly learning what he values in life. Several times throughout the story he has abandoned or neglected things and realized only too late once they were lost to him. His new comrades are a new opportunity for him to protect what he values, where he failed to do so before. Angsty black swordsman is just a part of his personality that surfaced during his darkest times, but that's not all of who he is. Which is a good thing, unless you just like shallow, two-dimensional characters.

There is more than a rumor about a collaboration
Miyazaki Mihura, so perhaps we can safely cheer up.

Never did anything wrong.

IDK if it was just some fan made panels in the beginning of some unknown translated version of what i read but does anyone else remember a very short chapter that showed a crippled guts on his knees in front of the god hand in their 4d dimension thing? It look exactly like muiras style yet i hear no one mention it, i think there was only guts and puck in their dimension so that makes me think
>muira only has this high fantasy shit to make it seem cheery
>they make it to falconia
>casca dies in somehow
>guts goes crazy back on his quest to kill griffith
> everyone else except puck dies just to bring the story back down to its dark roots
> guts eventually faces femto and the rest of the god hand tying back to that chapter i saw

>Black Swordsman Arc
I have this little feeling of déjà vu.

>Wrong eye closed.

Griffith looks so faggy in the manga. They got the bishounen thing across much better in the 1997 anime without making him look too gay.

Miura got over his chuunibyou syndrome. He can't self-insert as edgy Guts anymore because all he cares about are lolis.

Mark my words, the final showdown between Guts and Griffith will have a dance off.

>completely invalidating the last 16-17 years
Yeah, what about no?
What? He's missing his right eye, idiot

Actually read the manga, fuckhead.

It would b pretty edgy, like the eclipse Sheeeit now im confused, since that chapter (pic related) is a prologue of sorts when did it happen in the story as the present conflict? I havent read it since i finished it like a couple years ago

Your memory is far from impressive, so you should just read Berserk again. But that scene you posted with the God Hand happens at the end of his fight with the Count in volume 3.

After the Eclipse, just before the fight with Rosine. Iirc it was ~2 years between the Eclipse and this, but I can't source it
""""""honey""""""

'member Shiru Shiru Schierke?

Thanks for clearing that up i definetly need to go back and re read it

Griffiths new Band of the Hawk will show up on Fairy Island.

>fix Caska
>give up on revenge/retire on Elf Island
>wake up one day to fire and destruction
>dead witches and magical creatures everywhere
>Oracle makes apostles spare/capture loli witch
>Guts left for dead/brought back from dead
>Farnese or Serpico slain causing the other to join Guts in rescuing Schierke
>Isidro left 'permanently' crippled only to show up later

I hope Casca, assumed she gets fixed, is granted some sort of apostle-resistant armor or anti-apostle armament. It's shown that normal weapons can become transplanar through exposure to evil whatnot, so why wouldn't the mages be able to enchant a weapon or armor in a similar fashion?

The mangaka fucked up the things way too long ago. The first two apostles and the Band of the Hawk arc were simply brilliant, but since then, it turned bad. Guts was supposed to be a shadowy hunter, errant, using only his human strenght and rage, but now we have a shonen tier dude with that fucking armor. Guts it's not the cool Guts anymore.

Probably the series will get interesting in the final part, but the author basically killed the appeal of Guts.

I don't know, I like post-Conviction Guts. It shows that he's still a human being, and in a dark fantasy like Berserk I think that's crucial.

Who else is SlanxGuts here?

You forgot a 2 volume side story about fixing the Dragon's Way where Guts and Casca sort themselves out and return back to Elfheim to see Griffith destroying everything.

Ever since Qliphoth finished Berserk has felt less like dark fantasy and more of a shift to a general sort of fantasy with splatterings of dark here and there to remind you it's still Berserk.

The Millenium Falcon was just as good as anything else.

The Griffith scenes in Millenium were my favorite parts of the entire series.

This desu.