Flip flappers

Oh my god.
02巻 *,795 17.02.02

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3Hz flipped when they should have flapped.
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

More like flip floppers.

mimi was a mistake

And I thought 883 was bad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>MUH SALES
Who fucking cares.

Yes it does. No more Flip Flappers esque anime, now they'll just stick to CGDCT or fujobait.

CGDCT is old and busted, isekai is the new hotness.

Maybe it's time for western anime fans to start buying BDs?

Unfortunately, it's essentially guaranteed to be this. It's going to be isekai season after season until people stop buying it.

Maybe when buying BDs stops being highway robbery.

>that'll be $600 plus shipping
Not happening. And it's not like western fans have much better taste.

>season after season
What, one or maybe two of them a season? Whatever shall we do.

What did he mean by this?

This is the guy that bought 10 copies, isn't he?

Sakugafags don't buy anime.

The amount of isekai is steadily increasing, and they're all selling. And it's going to fall into the same rut that CGDCT did, they'll find a formula and stick to it. You could have cute girls doing cute things in space, underwater, racing cars, salsa dancing, whatever the fuck you want, but 99% of the time it's
>dumb sluts
>highschool
>some sort of club
>beach episode
Over and over

Isekai is arguable worse.
>Could do literally whatever you want, instead it's always "Normal boring man suddenly thrust into life of adventure"

It's almost by definition self-insert pandering bullshit.

I only watched the show recently but I'm buying it. Do it for her.

FLIP FLOPPING

>yayaka lost
>funding it

Somethingofcuck on suicide watch

HOMO IS EVERYTHING WRONG

/u/ ON SUICIDE WATCH

Winning the Cocona isn't everything. Anyway, it just makes me love her more.

Oshimaya is crying.
Please encourage him.

I loved Flip Flappers, but there's no way in hell I'm paying 600 USD for the damn thing

Isn't it more like $300, there's 6 volumes at about 5500 yen a pop, if you're not getting the super limited ones.

Honestly what anime BD Sup Forums ever bought if any?

>make an anime
>it has no plot
>it has no meaningful dialogue
>it has no conclusive ending
>why isn't it selling it's so good guys

I think you're in the wrong thread.

shitty bait, what did you think Vol.2 was actually going to sell more than a vol.1?

It's actually $400 + shipping, it's still a fuckton of money forma chinese cartoon

I got the second BD a few days ago. It arrived with a dented corner because it wasn't shipped in a box this time.

Flip is Shit just like Rolling Girls

>it has no plot
>it has no meaningful dialogue
>it has no conclusive ending
Doesn't that mean it should have sold like hotcakes?

flip flappers sucks lmao

>DVDs do not rank
>169 dvd threshold

Cockona

Take that back or I'll break your legs next

shit
flap
shit
flap!

In all seriousness, why did Flip Flappers end up flopping? No meme answers please.

It was mediocre.

>No meme answers
There are mediocre shows that sell like hotcakes.

Who gives a shit?

Because it wasn't LGBT-pandering shit like Yuri on Ice.

You do, considering you are replying to the thread.

FF was mediocre from an objective viewpoint.

It had a slow start, its plot was confusing and perhaps a little too deep for most people, and I guess the art turned off many people. It's just not the kind of show that would sell well.

Not all yuri/yaoi shows sell well, though. Sakura Trick was canon yuri and that flopped hard. Many other fujo shows have flopped hard as well; if anything, shows like YoI and Osomatsu are the outliers, not the trend.

It was not very good outside the animation

The characters were the best part of the show, followed closely by the collective subconscious themes.

This

>~2500 sales is a flop
That's about your average SoL.

People prefer yuri/yaoi bait rather than canon stuff because it lets them imagine how things would be like. It's kind of like projecting but not exactly it. That's why shows with canon stuff that go all the way usually bomb. People would rather imagine than see.

I didn't bother watching past 3 episodes but this show seemed good. How sad.

But I guess it must have stated going to shit so I didn't miss much.

>perhaps a little too deep for most people

I hate you.

fucking batman

No marketing at all.

It was objectively the best show in years.

I will buy the ridiculous $ 600 full series like if it was a retarded patreon backer tier.
Just wait until I get a full time job and I'll do it.

I see it in simple terms.

Too many things against it, not enough in its favour.
Or what it had going for it wasn't fine tuned enough, or some essential elements were missing.

The things it had in its favour were too niche, specific, didn't have that much market power or weren't obvious enough or in your face enough for the audiences, or they didn't look as appealingly on the surface to draw people in.

Stuff like the animation, the yuri love story, or how it managed to pull of an entirely different genre of anime every episode in the first 9 eps, that was all cool but not enough to pull much sales on their own.

And it lacked important things that could have given it more notoriety or staying power.

If there had been more girls on the box to temp people, or if the plot had been presented more clearly for some people to follow, or if the service parts had been more blunt. Actual marketing would have also helped, a big name element or something like that.

Besides the direction for the last episodes lacked as much of a shock value as past episodes had, it was ok but not anywhere as mind breaking as the surprise twists of the action in ep 3, or the dramatic twists in ep 9, or the mind fuckery of the Iro ep or the shock horror of the time loop ep.

It was just kind of predictable and bland which might have prevented it from being as amazing as a whole, enough to get the audience to collectively shit itself and crave to buy it? Maybe.

Too bad a shows overall quality doesn't translate into dollars.

But why? This kind of stuff infuriates me.

I don't care, I still want Yayaka as my wife!

>kill me baby
>686
Still don't understand why this show flopped, at least it sold about 5000 copies after Agiri get arrested.

The most marketable level of "yuri" seems to be something like Gabriel Dropout's level of yuri.
Mostly as a gag, without any real importance or real weight.

Good, Flip Flappers is complete shit.

you think there'll be a sales boost if we give MAO some PCP and get her to maul someone like a dog?

Wrong, Rolling Girls had a good OP. Flip Flappers is just complete shit.

Your tastes are complete shit. Go jerk off to Yuri on Ice you faggots.

It's one dedicated faggot that hates yuri and keeps posting the same shit opinions over and over.

>Rolling Girls OP
Too bad Ray is retiring. Is Aokana cursed or something? First the anime's OP singer retired, and now the ED singer is retiring as well.

A theater is full every day.
I also go to a theater today.

>It was just kind of predictable and bland
Every single one who called the show predictable early on, actually gave a prediction and didn't just leave it at calling it that, turned out to be wrong. Even 10 episodes in people were still hot debating theories of the overall plot and character backgrounds.

Tell me what exactly about the show was predictable. Was it predictable because the protagonists won over the antagonists? The KKK and robots turned out to be no threat at all, Papika was Cocona's mother's de-aged best friend, the blue-haired twintail loli who so ominously stood amongst the robots in the OP was a comic relief character and Yayaka was a fan-favorite with the best character development, just to name a few plot points. Not a single one of these had been predicted.

What is Yuri on Ice? Sounds gay

So why does somekindofthing love FF anyway? He loves it to the point of obsession, and it seems that he is the only Western fan who is a massive fan of it. How come he likes it when most Western fans didn't give a damn about the show, and most of those who did disliked the series?

>two posts calling Flip Flappers "complete shit" with the exact same typing style spaced two minutes apart
Flip Flapper haters confirmed for salty samefags

Oh I remember.

I had a ton of hypothetical low key predictions too, all wrong.

I guess predictable is a poor choice of words for it.
It wasn't really predictable per se. But it felt something similar, can't quite describe it.

Un-shocking perhaps?
Unsurprising?
It didn't use momentum and suspense to build up a big climax that ties everything while the adrenaline is pumping after a big cool twist.
It all just sort of fell in place and got resolved.
It's like it missed an episode somewhere along the line.
The actual end after Cocona breaks free inside Salt's pure illusion, that fake out was cool.
But between that and the entire Mimi arc something was missing to really make me stand up from my seat in disbelief and excitement.

Even past past episodic episodes had that going for them.

>and most of those who did disliked the series
Way to pull shit out of your ass at the end. He just loved the show. You'd have to ask him for why exactly, but he's a massive yurifag and Flip Flappers was not only a great show but had good yuri in it with a happy ending, too. He bought crazy amounts of Sakura Trick merch, too.

Yayaka was the only true good thing about Flip Flappers.

What about Serendipity? That was a pretty catchy OP.

I can go with that. It felt like the pay-off wasn't as great as it could have been. I still loved it, but it was like they went through too much plot towards the end and ended up focusing on the wrong parts for too long sometimes.

Meh, ED is the real deal.

It's a classic salty samefag.
I bet by the end of the thread he will have posted even more than just those two shitposts in this thread.

>I also go to a theater today
Have fun user, it most be a great experience.

Yeah, exactly.
It still had some good imagery, some cool scenes, nice action, great plot, good use of themes and the important elements of the plot were resolved, the show up to that point had been show of the decade, a weak end merely disappointed because of the lost potential but it didn't ruin the show. It's still great.
And the ending was "ok". But it's not it lacked the payoff that a show that good should have had to truly meet the satisfaction expectations it had raised for itself.

My little Yayaka is so adorable,can't get enough of her. I love her.

>Over a month since the show ended
>Halfway into Winter season
>Still only want to draw Flip Flaps
Help

i gave it the 3 episodes rule and i didn't liked it at all. i suppose many did the same

Never stop, user.

Thank you!

You live in Japan?

Is the singer in my username still popular there?

I can still hear all the show's songs in my head any time I idle.

That's good, very little drop. Compare to Girlish number where volume 1 sold more due to event ticket but volume 2 sold like shit. Meanwhile FliFla gets full house cinema attendance every day.

Fuck i liked the 883 meme better

>Cockona

Yes, I'm Japanese.
I know her.
The name isn't seen so much recently, but.

I'm so fucking jelly, especially seeing the genga that some people got.

>Flip Flappers esque anime
What's that? When you put priority on visuals and no effort in writing?

Shows like Space Dandy and One Punch Man