While everybody argue over best yearera in anime i say for me the worst era is from 2000 to 2004 i can't get into...

while everybody argue over best year\era in anime i say for me the worst era is from 2000 to 2004 i can't get into anime from this era in particular i don't know maybe the animation do you agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5uzHq4dLTfk
youtube.com/watch?v=1DM0jNpCmJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=jcfL89VFbYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why don't you try formatting your posts a little so they don't look like you just barfed them up?

Early digital coloring era is pretty fucking bad in most instances(Greed Island Hunter x Hunter OVAs, Saint Seiya The Hades OVAs past the sanctuary). They had a really plastic look because clearly animators weren't used to them

I think some shows still managed to look fine though, for example pic related still holds up better than let's say... Gundam SEED that looks genuinely awful.

But personally there's a lot of later shows that look bad for me, I think that most 2006-10 stuff looks really fucking blurry due to the change from 4:3 to 16:9 with low resolution, and the color palette tends to be really boring and bland, in the cel era they had lots of shading and beautiful backgrounds, explosive colors or maybe dark ones depending on the tone, only in the last 5 years or so I think we're gradually getting that stuff back, it's pretty obvious that most studios still don't know how to use the benefits digital coloring gives you, really they could color it in ways that you wouldn't be able to 20 years ago and add effects that you couldn't back then but in the end they still fail to do it most of the time.

I think HD res really did a lot to save the visual quality of anime and like I said in the last 5 or so years they've gotten a lot better with coloring and shading

Now pic related, see it has that blurry thing going on and the colors look washed out, it also seems that they added some bright vaseline filter over it to add to the washed out look.

It's hard to watch action animu from that era, explosions look so crappy.

Hajime no Ippo came out during that time period. I'm pretty sure having the GOAT anime makes up for some failings. Other anime like Monster were good too.

2000-2004 does suffer from being part of the transition years to digital animation and anime in general seemed to be more ugly overall with some exceptions of course.

Detective Conan and Inuyasha looked great artwise pre-digital even rewatching now. Started looking bland and soulless as soon as they switched. I miss round Conan.

youtube.com/watch?v=5uzHq4dLTfk

>holic

man my nostalgia, I was literally in elementary school

Whatever year Zeta came out

Hajime no Ippo looks like a 90s anime, though.

Cowbopy Bebop the Movie and Blood the OVA looked good.

The manga is still stellar though, despite IG fucking it up big time.

Kikyo or Kagome?

Yeah I love the manga, the atmosphere made me fall for it back then

I suggest you learn how to type properly.

Eh I think early 2000's has it's charm

youtube.com/watch?v=1DM0jNpCmJ4

Literally Kagome. Kikyo wasn't bad at all, but Kagome is the real deal.

Early Naruto was nice.

Then the fanbase exploded and it became cancer beyond comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=jcfL89VFbYA

Kagome. She was fantastic, even if I didn't really care for her at the beginning.

b-but what was video?!

Did this account shut down in 1 hour? Bad luck

>from 2000 to 2004 i can't get into anime from this era in particular
Try watching something that's actually good, like Nana.

Nana is fine for a while, but the melodrama really kills me. File that under:
>I don't know what you were expecting

First season of FMP looks like garbage, Fumoffu and TSR hold up remarkable well though