Bleach

I don't get how this makes any sense.

So, Ichigo's first sword gets broken. And in order to "fix" it he uses shikai so it's a full sword again. (I also don't get why he never releases his shikai.)

And then his shikai gets broken, but somehow magically gets fixed with no explanation.
Why couldn't he have fixed the first version of his sword?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v07/c054/3.html
mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v07/c054/4.html
mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v21/c187/19.html
my.mixtape.moe/izwcbv.webm
hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/10
hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/16
hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/17
hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/18
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>bleach
>logic

just get on the ride

It's quite literally all plan of Aizen's keikaku OP

If Aizen's keikakus can have plans of their own, do you think they can outsmart him?

That's the plan.

Yeah the manga ended a long time ago and I still don't know what the fuck his bankai was

Zangetsu is a permanent shikai

It's all fucking explained in the story. Are you people literally 5?

yes

bleach isnt good

It's literally explained in both the anime and manga, i'm so sorry you're fucking retarded and can't pay attention

>And in order to "fix" it he uses shikai so it's a full sword again.
speedreader much. I'm not saying Kubo is a genius, but at least this was explained.
His first sword wasn't his, it was a nameless one that all shinigami are "born" with
>(I also don't get why he never releases his shikai.)
also explained, it's in constant released state.

because before the whole retcon of "when Bankai's break they don't repair" when a Shikai broke, it would just restore itself with reishi over time while in unreleased form.
That's how Renji gots his fixed after losing to Ichigo

>I don't get why he never releases his shikai
Ichigo's reiatsu is too large so his zanpakuto is always on shikai state. It's the same as Kenpachi's.

>it's in a constant released state
This is not an answer to "why".
It is also never explained.

>it was a nameless one that all shinigami are "born" with
That was certainly never mentioned.
When he was in Ichigo's world he mentioned he gave him a normal sword to fight with, but never mentioned his first sword.

It's explained as early as the Menos Grande fight in Karakura Town. The analogy Uryu used was that Ichigo's power is like a leaky faucet; its always trickling out a small portion of his power, but he can't control the flow. Unlike every other Shinigami, Ichigo never had an Asauchi to use as a base for his Zanpakuto, so when he does obtain his own Shinigami power, it forms into the shape of a large and unfinished cleaver, without a hilt or guard. There's no base form to return to because Ichigo can't control the constant leak of reiatsu; it's also why his Bankai compresses his massive Reiatsu into a form that allows him to use his full potential.

>The analogy Uryu used was that Ichigo's power is like a leaky faucet
This was never asked, and has nothing to do with what said said.
"Power always being at full blast" does not somehow equate to "sword always being in shikai state".

Also, isn't it a plot point that he later learns to control how much he lets out?
Saying "compresses it" to goes it "full potential" doesn't really make sense either. Why does one cause the other.

>"Power always being at full blast" does not somehow equate to "sword always being in shikai state".

That is literally what it equates to in this scenario, saying it isn't only shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Also, isn't it a plot point that he later learns to control how much he lets out?
Feel free to cite from the manga if you want to support your argument.

>Saying "compresses it" to goes it "full potential" doesn't really make sense either. Why does one cause the other.
Again, this is explained by Byakuya. Instead of a massive Bankai, Ichigo's is compressed in a smaller sword that enhances all of his base abilities.

Something something shikai can be fixed on its own, the problem comes when a bankai is broken, then it can't be fixed iirc.
You have to assume his sword is the kind that is always released and, it can't go back to being a normal sword. Much later is explained that his sword, shikai, bankai, whatever is not even shinigammi power so it doesn't work like normal swords.

You have a REALLY hard time understanding the concept of "why", don't you. Just listing two events doesn't explain how they correlate to each other.

Don't know about the manga. In the anime it's covered when they make that ball thing.
Ichigo specifically says he lowers his output by half and then he says he lowers it some more. This is implies he has control over it.

>Much later is explained that his sword, shikai, bankai, whatever is not even shinigammi power so it doesn't work like normal swords.
This is the only thing that actually makes sense so far.
Thanks.

>Just listing two events doesn't explain how they correlate to each other.
Again, if you can't figure that out for yourself you have no reason to post in a Bleach thread.

>Don't know about the manga. In the anime it's covered when they make that ball thing.
And now you've confirmed yourself to be a filthy secondary, which explains why you can't understand the basics of how Reiatsu works in Bleach.

>Ichigo specifically says he lowers his output by half and then he says he lowers it some more. This is implies he has control over it.

Being able to lower your output =! being able to shut it off entirely.

You're looking for WHY when it doesn't exist. There is no explanation that will satisfy you. Some of these things just happen because Kubo said so, and that's the best you'll get. Sometimes you'll find related facts that seem to go someway towards an answer or supporting evidence, but they never complete the picture.

TLDR, it's a shonen, things happen because they're cool, not because of reasons.

>You're looking for WHY when it doesn't exist.
Literally explained here

>It's the same as Kenpachi's
Until Kubo retconned that.

>Again, if you can't figure that out for yourself you have no reason to post in a Bleach thread.
Bleach's target audience is for Japanese boys aged 9-13.

In our culture, we require being handheld and daisy-chained through every "who what when where why and how" because we've lost the mental skills of abstract correlation, extrapolation, inductive and deductive reasoning, and the ability to receive individual pieces of a larger puzzle and assemble them together mentally.

Nine-year-old japanese boys are smarter than he is.

You've already outed yourself as a down syndrome retard. And no, you didn't explain the why to anything. You not understanding that is what outs you as downs.

You also already said that your "reason" as to why his sword was the way it is, is because of his powers always being at full blast. I showed how that's wrong. Also, next to no one ever shuts off their spirit pressure entirely. It's how people can always sense where others are.

Fuck should I rewatch bleach? I'm bored as fuck but if I remember correctly there's so much filler shit.

>getting so assmad he starts replying to himself and agreeing with himself
How funny.
Everything you said is wrong, and "another" person agreeing with something that is wrong doesn't make it right.

The pieces in this puzzle are missing and don't exist in the first place. You're a moron.

Ghostbusters and Soul Society arcs are really great, so why don't you?

>I'm too retarded to understand the basic principles of Bleach's power system
>So I'll call the person trying to explain it to me retarded

>I showed how that's wrong.
How? You've literally displayed no understanding of the topic at hand.

>Also, next to no one ever shuts off their spirit pressure entirely. It's how people can always sense where others are.

False. Take Yamamoto for example; if he left his Reiatsu on all the time, lower-level Shinigami would be dying simply by being around him. Same goes for pretty much every other Captain-level Shinigami.

that black shitty katana with the nazi hilt. Its power was just superspeed because Ichigo is an uncreative retard.

Try reading it instead, you'll save yourself a lot more time.

I think he was talking about the bankai that was destroyed in the final fight.

>"Power always being at full blast" does not somehow equate to "sword always being in shikai state".
... it literally does, every captain laughs at his shitty control when they see him with the fucking giant knife

It's power is actually very similar to Blut Artere when you think about it; increases offensive potential without any buffs to defense.

I'll out myself as a pleb but I just cannot into manga. Just doesn't capture me in the same way.

Can you just, like, you know, stop breathing? It's what would be the best for everyone.
How? Because, you retard, you said the reason Ichigo's sword looked the way it does is because he ALWAYS keeps his power at FULL BLAST. He doesn't do this. You also said he couldn't control it. Which is can, as I already showed.
And people like Yamamoto leaving SOME of their power out would not cause people to be effected.

That one was just some kind of egg, wasn't it? Maybe a gimmick expressly designed to fool Ywach.
As for the real swords, they were a getsuga tensho, that's all. They worked thanks to Uryu's arrow.

It's the opposite for me, I think the anime has an amazing OST and some of the fights are well animated, but there's so much filler (not just story filler, I mean Pierrot dragging out every chapter into as many episodes as possible) that it's unbearable to watch.

It literally doesn't. And you literally are not smart enough to even type correctly.
If his power always being at full blast meant always being in shikai state then it would have happened the very first time he became a soul reaper.

It's no different from all the other times Ichigo took crippling damage in some way only to get a random power up and high-speed-regeneration! so that he would suddenly win. Kubo's a hack.

How did Bleach get away again with the nazi hilt?

The Jews fear the samurai.

>you said the reason Ichigo's sword looked the way it does is because he ALWAYS keeps his power at FULL BLAST

That's not what I said. Shall we go over this again?
>Ichigo's power is like a leaky faucet; its always trickling out a small portion of his power, but he can't control the flow
>There's no base form to return to because Ichigo can't control the constant leak of reiatsu

At no point did I say Ichigo's power was always on full blast. Also thank you for ignoring the counter-arguments for what you've already presented, and providing zero citation for yours.

The Japanese kanji for bankai is 卍解
I'm sure you can figure it out from here.

>If his power always being at full blast meant always being in shikai state then it would have happened the very first time he became a soul reaper.

Here's how I know you're retarded; when he had Rukia's power (and Rukia's zanpakuto), why do you think the sword became so massive? Guess what, it's the exact same explanation as provided here

Shikai can be fixed by just puring reiatsu at the sword. He just didn't know how to do it at the time.

Because it isn't?

First, we have Renji laugh at his sword.
mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v07/c054/3.html
It's revealed that size matters
mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v07/c054/4.html
Then we see Ichigo's dad explain that smart people keep their swords small:
mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v21/c187/19.html
Conclusion: Ichigo can't keep it in his pants. Also, explain to me what exactly I mistyped, piece of shit.

To be fair, he is the son of a shinigami and a quincy infected with a hollow.
He is just about every kind of supernatural being it's possible to be all at once.

You forgot fullbringer

I didn't ignore anything. And this is my last reply to because you're clearly going to back paddle and side step forever.

Here, in this post you said the answer was Uryu's analogy.
Uryu's analogy is a faucet is always on at full blast.
Either way, like what was already said. If his sword looked like that because he couldn't control his out put then it would have looked like the second he became a soul reaper.

I'm just going to copy and paste the previous reply you got.
If his power always being at full blast meant always being in shikai state then it would have happened the very first time he became a soul reaper.

As for what you mistyped. You misused an ellipsis, no capitals, and no punctuation except for the wrong ellipsis you used.

>Uryu's analogy is a faucet is always on at full blast.

Holy shit, can you not read?
>its always trickling out a small portion of his power, but he can't control the flow

Small portion; as in, not full blast. Either you're being retarded on purpose or you actually have a reading disability.

>If his sword looked like that because he couldn't control his out put then it would have looked like the second he became a soul reaper.
See And If you had any further doubt about your own stupidity.

>So, Ichigo's first sword gets broken. And in order to "fix" it he uses shikai so it's a full sword again. (I also don't get why he never releases his shikai.)
>
>And then his shikai gets broken, but somehow magically gets fixed with no explanation.
>Why couldn't he have fixed the first version of his sword?
Sounds like the shikai is the version that has energy to fix itself, just from what you just said. So maybe the normal sword just seals that power or whatever.

And he can't fix the base line sword like that because?

But he started out like a clogged faucet with cold water only, and eventually he became a clean faucet with hot water ;)

Not the guy you're arguing with, but the timeline of Ichigos power is a clusterfuck.

In essence, he is a human-hollow-shinigami-quincy magic baby.

The first time he became a shinigami, it was on borrowed power, hence the normal sword (but huge, since he sucks at control)

Later he gets the cleaver thing and that doesn't change back into a normal sword form (asauchi), because his sword is not "grown" on top of an asauchi like the other ones.

When it comes to instances of high-speed regen, it is attributed to his hollow powers. (its stil an ass pull)

In the fight with Kenpachi, he supposedly got helped by a part of his quincy powers, called blut veine in the manga - a defensive technique which stops bleeding and hardens the body something something.

As for compressed power -> full potential, it is somewhat explained by Kenpachi. Fights in the Bleach universe are battles of spiritual pressure. Pressure, not power. Pressure is basically a force distributed over an area, so it basically works like this: A shinigami compresses their spirit power on the very edge of the sword to achieve maximal pressure there, for cutting purposes. Ichigos problem with Kenpachi was that the pressure on the edge of his sword was less than the average pressure over Kenpachis body.

Maybe someone would post the image explaining some of it?

I'm not wasting a fucking image pic to show my stupefaction at your shit. It's not mistyped at all. But that's not the point, I gave you the answer you want so if you don't choose to open the picture I'm not going to continue this crap.

He can, it was just more time efficient to fix it by unlocking its true potential.

>Holy shit, can you not read?
Clearly you can't, because you don't even know what Uryu's analogy is.
You were straight up given the episode where he says it as well. Did you think I posted an image for no reason?

Man, I hate retards.

Rest of Bleach animated FUCKING WHEN!??!?!?!?!?

Zanpakuto's suddenly being based off of beta hollows being handed out was stupid, and all the sillier with Ichigo's sword just existing on it's own.

Maybe you have to know how to do it and releasing shikai autofixes it, just like how some games refill your health after a level-up?

My man. I couldn't bring myself to read the manga. Fucking pierrot cucking us.

Knowing how the manga crashed and burned, how can you want to watch this shit in animated form?

>emoticons
Yeah, you're cancer.

And the manga pages you posted don't make you correct no matter what they say.
The reason given for why his sword looks the way it is does is because his power is always at full blast.
His power was at full blast since the second he became a soul reaper. He never knew how to control it.
IF it always being on full blast meant being in shikai form, then it would have been in shikai form since episode one.

>because you don't even know what Uryu's analogy is.
I'm the one who had to explain it to you, remember? Ichigo's power came out at full blast because he overexerted himself trying to repel the Menos' Cero; its not at full nblast 100% of the time.

Try taking your own advice and actually read/watch before complaining that shit wasn't explained.

Never cause Studio Pierrot a shit

They've always talked about shinigami having a dichotomy with hollows ever since the explanation that hunger is a sign of high spiritual pressure.

>how can you want to watch this shit in animated form?

DPS a shit

The idea was that he literally took up Rukia's sword.
This is apparent in the fact that it's literally the same sword but bigger.
Especially evident when you compare their crossguards.

>Zanpakuto's suddenly being based off of beta hollows being handed out was stupid

Actually it makes a ton of sense and more or less solidifies the theory that 'Shinigami and Hollows are two sides of a coin'.

>and all the sillier with Ichigo's sword just existing on it's own.
Except that was also explained, son.

You can fucking extrapolate that if he can't do fancy shit like keeping his sword small or fixing it without going shikai, he doesn't know how to turn it back either. Kubo actively forces the reader to extrapolate, like Unohana's bankai, which was never actually explained, but go ahead and keep grabbing on to the "literally" and bashing your fucking head against the wall.
Go ahead and ask why Ichigo doesn't do kido if it was never said that he can't, too. Since you're purposefully avoiding extrapolation.

Again, see

Sort of this but at the same time Ichigo had the tassle like Isshin's and Rukia didn't. Also in the end it looks more like the design of the hilt is meant for Ichigo anyway when you realize how fucking stupid a snow type zanpaktou like Rukia has a dark colored sealed form with flames designs on it.

Uryu's analogy is a faucet is always on at full blast. Uryu's analogy is not that it comes out a little bit at a time.

Seeing as how an image is not enough for you. I made a sound webm of the whole scene.
my.mixtape.moe/izwcbv.webm

>exactly 63 seconds apart
You're just sad.

>he doesn't know how to turn it back either
Fight with Ikaku. The bald guy. It's a plot point where Ichigo says "Oh, I learned something from fighting you, zanpaktou go back to their original form when you are unconscious."
They do not turn back when the user wants to them to, they actively hold it in shikai form.

Again, that's only the back half of Uryu's explanation.
>hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/10
>hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/16
>hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/17
>hachimanga.net/manga/bleach/49/18

Again, please actually read next time you start an argument.

The original one was, yeah. When he ditches her's for his own though, it's just there on its own.

Time for some contrived leaps of logic for something that was unnecessary in the first place.

>Time for some contrived leaps of logic for something that was unnecessary in the first place.

I didn't say it wasn't contrived, but it was explained and still makes sense within the canon.

>too stupid to even use greentext correctly
I don't even know why I'm still talking to you. I also like how you only linked certain pages because you realized the middle ones prove you wrong.
Either way, it doesn't matter what you say at all. This is simple.
If his sword looks the way it does because of how he controls his power and lets it spill out, it would have been in its shikai from from the second he got the sword.

>I also like how you only linked certain pages because you realized the middle ones prove you wrong.
So you didn't even read the chapter, why am I not surprised?

>Either way, it doesn't matter what you say at all. This is simple.
Of course, everything's simple when you ignore the answer that's right in front of you.

>If his sword looks the way it does because of how he controls his power and lets it spill out, it would have been in its shikai from from the second he got the sword.

That wasn't his sword, it was Rukia's, just larger because he couldn't control the flow of his massive Reiatsu. It even has the same crossguard as her base form Zanpakuto.

How would I know the middle pages prove you wrong if I didn't actually read the chapter?

Anyway, I'm done with this. Enjoy arguing with yourself from here on out.

What's the part of "he didn't know how to do" and how he can't control reiatsu well didn't you understand? Also he has so much reiatsu pouring in that his shikai release is always activated. Why go back?

>it would have been in its shikai from from the second he got the sword.
Having shikai requires some form of self recoginition. Of course it wouldn't already be Zangetsu right out the gate. He needed to learn the name in order to draw out the true strength.

apparently it takes more skill to have it controlled rather than release it.

>How would I know the middle pages prove you wrong if I didn't actually read the chapter?

Then you'd have an actual argument here instead of deflecting.

>Anyway, I'm done with this. Enjoy arguing with yourself from here on out.
Yeah, that's generally what anons say when they argue themselves into a corner.

There's no 'base form' for Ichigo's Shikai to return to, also explained here >Unlike every other Shinigami, Ichigo never had an Asauchi to use as a base for his Zanpakuto

Being able to make an explanation and having a reasonable one are two different things.

>argue themselves into a corner
Or when the person you're speaking to is insane.

He'd have gone full power if he'd embraced the gay just a little.

But the explanation provided is reasonable, within the context of the story or course. Just because you didn't like it doesn't make it unreasonable.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result; or in your case, asking the same question that's been repeatedly answered for you.

So then, rather than skirting around it, why is it reasonable that his sword alone exists without a physical base?

Because Aizen based white off of the asuachi and he inhabited Ichigo's soul fulfilling the need for the base part and why his shinigami and hollow power manifests as the same being.

The base of the sword is his Hollow (White). I suppose one could also argue that since the actual sword was a fake created by his Quincy powers, that is only true after the fact, but the conclusion Ichigo obtained was that both his Quincy and Hollow powers form his 'Zangetsus'.

That's not the actual definition of insanity. It's literally a meme definition.

Can you define 'autism' for me?