Is it technically possible for Barack or Michelle Obama to run in 2020?

Is it technically possible for Barack or Michelle Obama to run in 2020?

don't be a fag OP.

the answer is yes.

Michelle could. But no one would vote for her

no
you know the constitution is free to read right?
but trump wpuld crush them both
also sage

Barack no
Michelle yes

>But no one would vote for her
More people would vote for her than Hillary.

She's younger. More wholesome. And Barrack's wife. Also a black woman.

Michelle can, Barack can't. She'd probably have a better go of it than Clinton, but would probably still lose

>more people would vote for her than voted for the other loser i mentioned
>see electoral college

One of the following is true:

>OP didn't pass his 7th grade constitution test
>OP is 13 years old
>OP dropped out before 7th grade
This is basic american civics. I thought conservatives were the smart ones

>hurr durr guise explan how constushin woirx

He's only prevented from being elected president, so if he got elected as vice president, and then the president resigned, that would be legal.

vice president cannot be ineligible to be president

He wouldn't be ineligible. Go read the wording of the 22nd amendment.

It hasn't been tried and if it happened it would go straight to the supreme court where they would interpret the constitution.

Legally he would not be able to serve the full term. A president cannot serve more than 10 years.

Technically speaking, when you vote for President you're also voting for vice president.
Ipso facto, he's ineligible.

>A president cannot serve more than 10 years
thats not a thing.....

This is the way it would be interpreted by SCOTUS.
Otherwise it would be theoretically possible for a President to fire his VP, appoint Obama, then resign.
Improbable.

It is.
They can't.
"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years"

It is. Two elected terms plus 2 if they take over before being elected. If they inherit the office before year 2 they are only able to be re-elected once.

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

Technically speaking it is.

If a vp assumes the rule when over half of the term is over the vp can run for two more terms

no, it's kanye's turn now

>I thought conservatives were the smart ones
Why? Most polls and census consistently say that the more educated you are the more likely you are to be liberal?

Exactly.
In the early days, President and Vice President were separate on the ballet.
But legally they would be considered as one in today's elections.

(((EDUCATION))) FUCKING NEWFAGS ECERYWHERE WTF IS HAPPENING Sup Forums

I am with you but by strict interpretation it doesnt mean what you think it means.
Technically, the VP isn't elected. He is appointed. That's not how it works in a practical sense but in a strictly legal sense only the President is elected.
Then if you read the 22nd carefully, you will see that it says a person who served two years by succeeding an elected President can't stand for election again. That simply means that a VP cant serve out his predecessors term then serve two terms of his own. It simply says he cant be elected to those terms.

Fucked up my own post with grammer. My point being, serving as POTUS and being elected POTUS are two different things.

>Technically, the VP isn't elected. He is appointed.
Um, no.

>Um, no.
Which Amendment is "um no" jackass.

>her
>she

It's called the 12th Amendment
Feel free to look it up.

Prove it.

Michael would only prove to be more important to Liberals. S/he's the candidate they've been working towards for the past decade. Only thing that would top it would be if Terry Crews went tranny.

My factory in shenzen manufactures the chastity cage he orders

So do we still count seperate Electoral votes for Pres and Vice Pres?
Took you that long to look up the relevant Amendment and you still blew it.

>So do we still count seperate Electoral votes for Pres and Vice Pres?
Yes faggot. Are you really this stupid?