What made this series so great?

This series is called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. What made this series so great, so long-lasting, and so timelessly popular that even though the first three parts took place in the olden days and came out in the 80's or whatever, they're still beloved today? What made this show so good that even the pettiest "I hate anime!" people love this show, then try to justify it with something like "It isn't what I tell myself anime is every night, so I'm allowed to like it" bs? Is it the poses? The fights? The stands? The characters? The plots?

>What made this series so great?
>great
stopped reading there

Great characters, elder god tier fights, unique fighting system, the author doesn't get up his own ass about trying to up the ante with every arc (generally) and just keeps it fun/entertaining

muscles

it was better when it was about buff men

Guraeto da-ze
I do prefer the buff-ass designs to the newer shonen-ier ones, but Jojo 7 was pretty good. Not as good as 2 or 3 or 4 tho.
What do you mean by "Up the ante"?

That constant power creep. Let's take everyone's favorite DBZ.
>raditz
Took goku and piccolo teaming up to kill
>oh well my friends will show up they are way stringer than me
>sayians show up
Near death fights again
>let's go to namek
Hey remember that fucboi that about killed goku? Well his boss is here and he's like 10x stronger.
Do I need to go on?

>Great characters
Most are one-dimensional with a few exceptions.

Suck my nuts, they're good enough. We won't be seeing any deep-ass introspection any time soon, but-

Oh wait, no, Funny Valentine exists. Your argument is invalid.

Araki knew exactly what jojo was and didn't try to make it more than that.

Funny and Kira are like the two best characters.
Kira's explanation to that girl after he blows her boyfriend up, and Valentine's goals and exellent use of his stand.
Like Valentine could just use his stand to be near invincible and to kill people by dragging them through. But instead we get that Johnny Wekapipo Diego scene where Valentine gets the job done (well if Johnny wasn't able to go into his holes) and confuses everyone as to who did it getting attention off himself and it could have potentially lead to say Gyro killing one of the two for killing Johnny

>memes bizarre advemture.
Yeah sure is a good run.

Because there are as little "anime tropes" as possible
That's alienating on the long run for anyone

Because Araki lets characters go when their stories are over and keeps it fresh. Probably also why he doesn't need to go on multi-year hiatuses like some other long running mangakas.

why you gotta do berserk like that.

Why do people praise Funny Valentine? All of his character development is in the last five to ten chapters, and it's not even remotely similar to his "villain from the shadows" persona up until then. For 90% of the part he's basically Shadow DIO just without the character buildup from Part 1. His goals and Johnny's goals don't even go against each other until the final fight, and it's basically just that they get in each other's way and just want the other one to move.

He's easily one of the weakest villains.

Same thing that made MLP "great" - an autistic fanbase who thinks their trash is a masterpiece.

Explain what made Jojo so great in Japan.

>Because Araki lets characters go when their stories are over
Joseph and Jotaro stuck around after their parts

Because it's not harem or stereotypical shounen bullshit

They didn't fuck up the pacing of the show

In Joseph's case he's so old he might as well be a completely different character, who only has nods to the way he was in part 2. Jotaro isn't as different but he isn't the exact same character he was in part 3. Also, they serve totally different roles in the story. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure could totally have just been 30 years of Joseph Joestar telling increasingly ludicrously powerful villains what their next line will be and killing them with pure luck. But that would have sucked, and thankfully it wasn't that.

It's Just fun

Because he showed a great force of will and proactiveness.

Because people die when they are killed.

>tfw josuke hardly feels like the mc of part 4. Koichi is more part 4's protag then him.

Because it handles action scenes like mystery novels

I feel there's a better way to say that grammatically, but you get what I mean. In most action entertainment, they merely show the fact of characters attacking each other. In JJBA, it gets into the character's heads, invites the reader to try and predict the next move, leaves clues as to how the character will get out of his current scrape, keeps the reader guessing. Figuring out how the protagonist will get out of whatever scrape he's currently in is almost like figuring out who did it in a detective story.

And the fact that you almost NEVER know what will happen next also makes it quite a bit more interesting than most other series. Pretty much any character can die and the story will just be picked up by another one. For me, at least, part of the reason I love the series so much is that it has the first story that I haven't been able to perfectly predict in a very, very long time.

There are other factors as well. The unique and interesting stand powers, the ever evolving cast of characters, the consistently interesting plotline. But the big strength of this series is its unpredictability. Even before stands, the action in JJBA was qualitatively different from anything else. I'd wager it's probably the most tactic-heavy action I've ever seen in my life. For me, and I imagine for a lot of other people, that's what makes the series engrossing like almost nothing else.

>(dotted line)

homoeroticism

> What made this series so great?

series went uphill after phantom tendency and downhill after stardust crusaders

Memes
Good art
Author is not lazy and never stops making more
Memes

Just like how Polnareff is in part 3 lel

There is no story like it. Crazy fights of wits, absurd but fitting thematic pop culture references, interesting narrative style in which each part is like a spin off, and a distinguished unique art style. It is the only one of it's kind.

Because it subverts Shonen Tropes - strength,power level does not determine all. Even some really good shonen fall under that trap like DBZ

For the most part JoJo is set in our world (despite the crazy Stands the charcters feel like they could exist in real life). Giving a sense of reliability

>strength,power level does not determine all.

It literally does in Jotaro's case, especially part 3. Hurr durr, im angrier than you and star platinum is stronger than you and has better powers than you

>has better powers than you
the dude didn't have an ability until the last minute. Even then, the shit is nerfed to high hell.

Besides Jonathan and Jotaro

>What made this series so great?

Joseph, every single Jojo arc where Joseph is in is great.

>what's great about the show?
Pic related.

For real tho Araki went too far with Old Joseph Personality being almost nothing like his part 2 self

>even the pettiest "I hate anime!" people love this show
I'm one of these people

Jojo is great because it doesn't take it self seriously tbqh. Compare it to shit like Naruto. Also, the protagonists aren't whiny teenagers

JoJo is shit and only faggots like it.

>the protagonists aren't whiny teenagers

I think that is one thing that makes the series stands out. It is talking about "we" rather than "I". Seriously, I am surprised manga such as Hayate no Gotoku is still ongoing. It is just a terrible self-insert fanficition level piece of junk that the whiny characters get happy ending by doing absolutely nothing. Why? Because the said characters are writer's favorites.

This guy right here gets it. This is the reason