How do we fix Dragon Ball Super?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gl8_b4qi3Ss
youtube.com/watch?v=ENTLcZQchJY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but i thought saiyan hair didn't grow after birth

Talk with Toriyama

except for Gohan. and Trunks. and Vegeta's mustache.

also there's no way in hell Raditz was born with that hair

if you mean the show in general:
-make goku not retarded
-remove all pilaf gang scenes
-change ssj god and ssj blue forms to actually be something new and creative

-have Team Goku squeeze out a victory on their own terms, not depending on God(s) to show up and magic the problems away

With a tournament.

More Goku black screen time

Have Goku and Vegeta join ISIL.

The new arc coming up has a lot of potentials to fix a lot of what super did wrong, not only does the angle seem refreshing, like casting Goku in a villainous light for a trait that most people generally love about him and how it's condemned 11 universes to destruction, But also creating a tournament arc which allows other non-Saiyan characters to shine against interesting and powerful foes as well.

The true villain will probably be the Grand Priest and probably other gods of destruction, but expect other fighters to view Goku as a villain alongside with Goku struggling with the consequences of his actions.

Pic related will do it. He'll take care of that impatient menace Son Goku. Leave it to him.

Hmm one of those doesn't belong.

English dubs(Already happening)
More tension.
Bruce OST.

>Bringing a new meaning to the spirit BOMB

>Bruce OST

youtube.com/watch?v=gl8_b4qi3Ss
post a better character theme from super

here's hoping clown team gets their own OST.
and it better sound menacing

Fuckin Gotenks man amirite or amirite?

It doesn't change, actually. Their hair grows proportionally with their bodies. Raditz always had long ahir, but he wasn't born with the amount of hair he had as an adult.
Also the hair grows back to the proper shape if cut, as seen with Goku a few times (though it was mostly for comedy).

And of course, that doesn't apply to facial hair unless you think Nappa was born with a mustache.

Correction: muslims shave their moustache and keep only beard.

>except for Gohan. and Trunks.

The "saiyan hair doesn't grow after birth" was brought up specifically in response to these characters getting haircuts. They're half breeds.

>clinging on to brand-name animes
wew lad

I thought it was honest Abe.

pretend like it never happened

Delete Gohan.

What is there to improve on?

Animation looks like it's gotten better with the recent episode, even though it probably won't last

And honestly if you're not already a Dragon Ball fan then you won't like it. I found the show very fun.

Cancel it

have goku and vegeta join isis

make Goku a legit character and not a haha fights! I wanna be strong! I wanna be the strongest! guy

>have shonen protagonist not act like shonen protagonist
Why?

>Zeno's bow to Daishinkan
>In contact with Gods of Destruction
>Possess top 5 battle power
>Controls the multiverse with an iron but fair fist
>Owns Zamasu's no ningen cabins and Frost's banks
>Direct descendants of the ancient godly blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities in Universe 13 (Daishingrad will be be the first city)
>Owns 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Daishinkan angels
>Daishinkan and his children all said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Martial Arts Schools & Red Ribbon Headquarters
>Ancient Namekian scriptures tell of 13 angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented godly ki powerups with them
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the multiverse
>You likely have Daishinbots inside you right now
>Daishinkan is in regular communication with Dragon God Zarama, forwarding the word of the God to the Supreme Kais and Gods of Destruction. Who do you think set up the meeting between Shin & Beerus (First meeting between the two Gods in over 1000 years) and arranged the Supreme Kai's first trip to Beerus' planet in history literally a few days later to the Daishinoff bunker in a future timeline?
>he learned fluent Namekian in under a week
>Nation worlds entrust their gold reserves with him. There's no gold at Capsule Corp, only Ft. Dai
>he is about 7 trillion decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

quick rundown?

cunt yourself up the bunghole

Was it the ocean dub with the good soundtrack? The japanese one is trash

>top 5 battle power
Manga said he's the absolute strongest

The left guy is absolutely terrfying

Hey, I just finished the Future Trunks arc and am on the filler before Universe Survival.

What are all the filler episodes worth watching?

I watched the Shenron episode just now but I see the next couple are Arale? Worth watching?

Super Buu and Super Saiyan Vegeta's themes were also GOAT.

Ah, the full gestalt

You can't, but you can sure as hell make redundant posts about it on Sup Forums and pretend someone actually gives a shit what you think.

They're all worth watching I think, it's good worldbuilding. There's a 2 parter where Goku fights hit, a 2 parter with Gohan filming a saiyaman movie, and another 2 parter where Krillin gets his groove back.

Baseball episode is almost as good as the driving one.

The Arale episode is just one, it's cute if you like Dr. Slump

Baseball episode was great.

The krillin ones in particular were great. They're not even really filler, since they develop his character and really tackle everything plaguing krillin since.. forever, basically.

By the end, they felt like a natural part of his character development.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are missing some really good episodes and important character moments just because they assume filler means "sucks"

They're good episodes, except the first one with Shenron so I guess that throws people off and then they see Arale and think "ok I'm just going to skip to the tournament"

Hell, if you do that you miss the Goku vs. Hit rematch and arguably the most character development Gohan and Krillin have had in years

Wait a minute.. That pose..

Can I at least skip Arale? I don't follow Dr Slump at all

Yeah you can skip it, it's a joke episode and nothing plot-relevant happens

Oh, Dr. Slump's old rival gets Hakai'd by Beerus and Whis says "ghost or not, there's nothing lord Beerus can't destroy"

It's a gag though, so I doubt it's important. That's the one thing from the episode that might come up in discussion again.
Vegeta fights her and says "that strength is ridiculous, she must be a gag manga character! A serious action-series fighting style isn't going to work here!"

The problem of Super is that its story has become authorized fanfiction. It is shallow, at best, as you know the outcome and after 12 episodes of "plot", a twist may arrive which is all it had going for. The last few arcs featured "bring back popular villain", "clone of protagonist" and "kind of another clone of protagonist". And there's nothing else, that is basically the end of the story. It's so lazy, none of the characters obviously matter, and the power-ups have become even more ludicrous than before. I don't understand how anyone could watch or read this kind of shit since it's the dumbest shit I've seen in a while. Awful writing in all calibers.
Even DBZ was better towards the end as it at least featured a few new things and aspects. Granted, it was overly long, the pacing was shitty, and Majin Vegeta or SSJ3 were borderline parodies.

To even fix the show is to rebuild the entire structure.
The filler is not even bad, it's fun most of the times, although mischaracterizes the cast as well (talking about the Anime here, which is superior to the manga in that regard [the filler is, and only is]).
To make the cast relevant again is important which is somewhat done, maybe through the Universal Tournament arc (which is also just a rehash off a fanfiction that actually does a much better job than Super since it plays with the characters instead of just introducing no-names that are not even important at all, and somewhat unimaginative as well).
If techniques mattered from the beginning, it would have been improving the show in general. But for that, it is now a little too late (although one can still de-power the characters to make things even in this tournament, which will never happen).
Making Goku the villain later on is still wishful thinking because he IS Dragonball and I doubt turning him would ever happen. Even if it were, it'd remain a basic plot that won't rely a lot on characters or emotions. It will never exceed anyone's expectations, but lower them.

Other shonen protagonists are motivated by things outside of "haha fights." Even Luffy has more dimensions that that. But of course fans of this portrayal act like its so fucking deep just because Goku's the protag instead of some one note villain.

I'd like to see the last arc of Super deal with Goku realizing he blew his load with the Universe Tournament and (probably) surpassing Beerus, so he shifts into caring more about looking for a true successor and becoming a teacher.

His new gi colors in end of z are meant to show that he finally views himself as a master and not a student, so I hope we get to see that change

Instead of Whis just accepting training them for no reason they should have had a elimination arc. Something like from time to time the angels decide to give special training to people and after they make they go throught a lot of tests. It would have a lot of adventure, they would meet new and powerful warriors, they would need to use their brains to win some of the tests and it would an all around change in pace, back to the roots of DB.

Special kind of retarded

>That image with the side by side comparison of Goku & Raditz dealing with the farmer/bandits

I don't buy into the "Evil Goku" stuff some people are going on about, but Super isn't exactly doing a good job proving them wrong.

I think nobody is buying Goku evil thing. It was just a meme. No way in hell Toriyama has ball to make Goku evil without any gimmicks.

a tournament arc is literarally just yelling "haha we do not have any clue about an interesting plot for the next arc so here are a bunch of fights in short succession!" tournament arcs are fucking lazy

I think Goku is being "evil" in the sense that he's essentially doomed a bunch of universes due to his fightlust. Not exactly evil, but responsible for everything going to shit and unwilling to care for the consequences.

Reality is going to hit him like a brick later on.

He's not evil he's just let his reckless desire for a good fight take over his better judgement. DBS is Goku's mid life crisis.

What do we call that? Ignorance? Naive?

Tournament arcs have been a staple since Dragonball and they were consistently good. There is nothing wrong a tournament arc mixed in between adventure arcs, it's the spine of the series.

Foolishly naive, yeah. Goku is so certain that Zeno is a good guy, he probably never considered the possibility of an "everybody gets deleted" rule.

Beerus warned him, but not about that specifically, and Goku doesn't think that far ahead. He just thought the tournament would be the same as last time but bigger, and Beerus was being overly paranoid.

Afterall, he's dealth casually with Zeno so far and in Goku's mind that means he's a good guy and there's no reason to ever worry.

It's reckless naivete

Dragon Ball is pretty much the one shonen that actually does tournament arcs well.

Goku flicked the bullet just hard enough to knock the guy out, not to kill him.

I don't think acknowledging brothers have a few similarities is the same as hinting at Goku becoming evil.

It's kind of like if somebody warns you not to walk in a certain part of town at night and you dismiss them because you've walked there in the daytime and it was fine.

Goku can't conceive of how dangerous Zeno is because creating a rule like deletion for the losers is something he'd never think to do.

Goku's not evil, he's just a selfish asshole

Black is for bullying
youtube.com/watch?v=ENTLcZQchJY

Zeno is how normal people view Goku. A careless child with god-like power

and in this case the person warning you not to walk down that street put a gun in your face "do not walk down that street" and you did it anyway

>he probably never considered the possibility of an "everybody gets deleted" rule.
He obliterated future Earth in an instant without warning or a remote sense of care.

That definitely would have invoked some type of reaction from DBZ's Goku.(This one is just hell bent on fighting stronger people, nothing else)

Why the fuck is Roshi in the tournament when even kid Goku easily surpassed him?
There's got to be stronger people in the universe who aren't evil, right? I get that he's in for the gag game but logically it seems weird.

I afraid the only proper solution is startint again. Not even changing the story too much, and of course I don't even have to mention better animation.

>Rework SSJG and SSJB, no need for visual changes, just state that they use God Ki now for extra strength and having untraceable ki
>better music
>Shortern up the Beerus vs Goku fight because good fucking lord. The movie one lasted minutes and was satisfying enough, make it two episodes at the very longest. While we're at it, might as well return the plot to how it was in the movie plus rock/paper/scissor gag
>Give Trunks, Goten and Marron slight taller to look more their ages
>Make Goku less retarded, it seriously looks like he regresed in intelligence from when he was a kid who could solve middle school math problems
>I'm not sure if Return of F can be salvaged, I'm sad to say it but in hindsight it's quite the useless arc for anything that isn't showing the new super saiyan and Whis' time rewind, which can be shown somewhere else without wasting tons of episodes.
>I like the filler, though many times I feel they kinda ruin their little gags through bad timing like overextending rants we've heard thousands of times before. Use the extra episodes gained from before for SoL episodes that we all hoped for when Super was announced, particularly Goten+Trunks+Pilaf gang
>Make Piccolo not job so terribly in the Champa tourney.
>Remove the jelly Vegeta arc, but find a reason to make Vegeta use the pacifier anyway.
>Jesus Christ, completely rework that corny ass ending of the Black arc, what the fuck were they thinking? Also eliminate the potar retcon, just say that they got a time limit because they had already fused once.

So basically a sort of Dragonball Super Kai that but with actual rewriting, mostly to look closer to the manga. Shorten fights, deal with plotholes and give some extra time to characters that got shafted lie the kids or human fighters.

Yeah I agree Z Goku would have at least taken note, but as you said we're in Super now and Goku is just kind of going mad with boredom. Personally I like it.

What kind of person hires an assassin to kill them just so they can get a decent sparring session? Mid-life crisis Goku.

Actually I meant he blew up that entire universe, not just the planet.

Roshi has so much experience in martial arts tournaments that you want him there just for the analysis. If somebody's using a weird technique maybe he can figure it out. He's also not horrendously weak, and it'd be hard to get total stranger aliens to sign up for a tournament.

Also there is the chance that Beerus delegates the job of choosing the fighters to Goku, and Roshi is a better choice than Yamcha or Yajirobe.

Why not just Dende for his gimmicks?

Mafuba

Because Dende can't fight at all. Mr satan could kill him

It seems pretty canon that Dende is a pussy, and Earth needs a Kami
Why risk the Dragonballs?

Roshi just ate an entire pile of Ki-weed too so who knows what he's capable of right now

He only got his powerlevel read once while he was relaxing in a house and people act like that's the peak of his power

Well he is there just for his gimmicks. It is not like Roshi is useful at all. Dende gimmicks is better than Roshi anyway

It's easy to forget that, but Dende is technically a God. I doubt he would be allowed to participate, even if he wasn't completely useless as a fighter.

Dende could heal people inbetween rounds I guess but you're still risking the dragonballs and leaving Earth without a Kami on top of undefended except by Yamcha

All of those doesn't matter if the loses anyway. This tournament is far more important than just Earth

right, might as well ask "why not bring king kai or shin or kibito"

Roshi will go full muscle wizard and knock out vegeta from another universe.

Make it so in this arc Goku develops as a character.

>Beerus says the reason Zeno is so dangerous isn't because he is evil but because he is so pure and innocent that his actions have no weight to him
>Beerus tells Goku that he is similar and is so dangerous that he should just destroy Goku right now
>Lyrics of the ending are about picking between a Angel or Devil and that they can't choose between destroying their self or everyone else

If they go down the right route, Goku would cease being pure in this arc and would choose to destroy himself, meaning choosing everybody else over his own desires and wishes, thus making Goku no longer pure due to his awareness of Morally White and Morally Black but it is due to this understanding that morals would hold actual meaning to Goku.

I'm operating on the assumption that they don't find out the "losers get deleted" rule until they already have the team together and arrive at the tournament

Since the episode preview stuff says "The Gods are shocked!" I assume that's only revealed right before the tournament starts

I want you all to know that someone did a whole chapter about Dragon Ball but in a slump with a Vegeta drug dealer and everybody saying they're algerians

Should we leave Goku to him? Would Goku listen to him if he retains him and tries to teach him to settle his fight-hungry Monkey-ass down?

Let me guess, a spic drew this.

He'd listen to a good talking-down-to from Piccolo, he has before

And Roshi is stated to never really having stopped training.
I don't get why people assume he is only as strong as he was in Dragon Ball when he made easy work of dozens of Freeza soldiers, who were probably stronger than the likes of Raditz and Nappa.

If he is around the same level Krillin was during Freeza or Android arcs, then he is strong enough. Not everyone in the tournament will be on the Androids or Gohan's level. In the U6 vs U7 tournament only Magetta and Hit were a match to Goku and Vegeta (and Magetta only because Vegeta never went SSBlue on that fight), the rest was much bellow that. Piccolo would have beaten Frost if he didn't cheat, for example. And now Champa has to find 5 more people that will probably be bellow that level. There's definitely people Tien and Roshi can take care of.

>Algerians
Dragonball truly has worldwide appeal

It never needed fixing.

93 mon gars
The worst kind of french people

but goten actually is legit goku, he had to cut his hair so people didn't get confused

only some of them

I guess we'll leave it to the good doctor. I guess Goku didn't get his daily dose.

Right, the only reading we ever got of him was when he was completely relaxed at home and he still clocked in at what 130?

Then like you said taking out freeza soldiers who were at least stronger than 130 for sure. He's been keeping in shape, he just looks eternally old. I don't want to put a solid number on current Roshi but he's at least worth taking to the tournament if you're picking only fighters from Earth.

Honestly, who else? He's the best one to round out the team. He also knows the fucking Mafuba and won't screw it up, just in case.