youtube.com/watch?v=rWD5yhEFfqA
youtu.be/8hapAioCn5I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>random animu shows shooting star
>"mada kono sekai wa" starts playing

>watching Shinkai stuff in shitty 720 rip
Do you niggers have no patience at all?

KARA BOKU WA KIMI O SAGASHI HAJIMETAYO

Not OP, but I watched it gloriously in a cinema.

>one of the first scenes shows this underage girl in underwear
No wonder Miyazaki hates this movie. It represents everything he hates about the industry yet he can't fucking say it because it made more money than his own movies did. He lost and now he has to take it.

people wear underwear in the morning
I don't know why this would be a problem

>watch it in a great cinema with my friend who was also hyped for it
>audience was into it and enjoying the movie as well making it even better

great cinema experience desu

>the scene was pivotal in MC's revelation that his body got switched out
>"oh, sweet! fanservice," is the only response it gets

Shinkais films aren't good enough to wait

they inarguably are
anime is a visual medium

There were also pantyshots in the movie.

Face it, this movie was an otaku-pandering mess.

>shinkai best feature is the art
>let's ruin it by watching a shitty hdrips
I bet you put ketchup on every meal too.

proper 720p rip when

if the otaku pandering was as prevalent as you're making it out to be it wouldn't have been such a crossover success.

>waiting for a year and a half
By that time you'll have the film spoiled dozens of times and there won't be any discussions left.
Also Sup Forums is starting to hate it so much because it's too popular.

Shinkai's movie is realistic, except for the miracle thingy, yea. A director of his caliber won't apply those magical antigravity skirts on his works.

>By that time you'll have the film spoiled dozens of times
You're that one guy who post in airing threads before watching the episode and whine about spoilers?

Why would I want to discuss a shinkai movie anyway, I'm here for the eyecandy.

>You're that one guy who post in airing threads before watching the episode and whine about spoilers?
You do realise you can have something spoiled for you without even opening a thread, right?

It's also due to his respect to his animator staffs.

But the visuals are what makes his movies good.

My notebook can't play 1080p videos.

IRL Mitsuha A CUTE
youtube.com/watch?v=rWD5yhEFfqA

That's pretty good english. Why didn't they get her to VA the english dub?

you have to be more than 'pretty good' at a language to voice act in it I think

Would've costed too much.
I know, it sucks.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, considering the overall quality of most english anime dubs,

>tfw once the Bluray rips appear Sup Forums will start to hate this movie,simply because it is popular

自惚れんといたよね、彼女もらぬくせに。

Are you implying it's not popular already?

October.

I don't think it's possible for it to get any more popular.
You will however get entire threads of "Why didn't they call each other or look at a calendar?" until the end of time, though.

Don't forget about the "Mitsuha is no longer a virgin when she met Taki again" or "Mitsuha is a slut" memes.

I'm implying that once everybody on Sup Forums starts to watch it we will get constant threads shitting on it by edgy contrarians.
Right now only people who are actually interested in the movie and saw it in a cinema or a terrible webrip.

Why does that even matter?

>Why does that even matter?
muh pure vanilla romance

Just ignore them like how the MC ignored the calendar haha

>boy realizing he is now a girl involves underwear and onscreen gropping boobs
>girl realizing he is now a boy involves offscreen dick grabbing, no stripping
Yes, I'm sure it wasn't fanservice.

>I bet you put ketchup on every meal

What's wrong with that?

Nothing, you fucking ape.

>fondling boobs over a shirt is a fanservice
>3 second long scene of him(her) standing in front of the mirror in underwear is a fanservice
You might be homosexual.

Did she start wearing bra later on because she doesn't want Taki to feel the oppai?

Miyazaki begrudgingly admitted that he likes it. He's tsundere for it.

Oh shit I never noticed that. Good catch.

That's a safe assumption, considering she was the one who came up with the "no looking" rule.

>posting a movie from last year
what are you newfag?

this movie hit home pretty hard

Funi could gone backrupt.
Nope. Mitsuha just started to wear bras before she sleep because Taki couldn't wear them properly and put her tits on public display (no bra basketball incident).

We've been getting non-stop contrarian and shit-posting threads for a while now ever since it was mentioned about it entering for the Oscars.
Usually you see Keit-Ai posts all over the place but for some reason this thread is pretty quiet today and let's keep it that way.

> because Taki couldn't wear them properly and put her tits on public display
This is said in the spinoff but I didn't see anything indicates that Mitsuha started to wear bra because of that. Is it in the original LN instead?

No idea what you smoke but people pointed out the inconsistency the second the movie was available in the west (with that 240p rip). Kimi no na wa is not a film for the brain, its for the heart. Even if you dislike certain aspects of it you will still tear up. Reason being the somewhat forced drama in combination with the incredible sound design/OST. The film is good, but it also has a shit ton of flaws. Just because you arent willing to see them, or try to explain them away in a really desperate manner, doesnt mean that they dont exist. Despite its flaws I still think that it was way better than all the shit nominated for the Oscars.

I watched it in shit, watermarked to hell, awful quality 480p. This 720p rip is a godsend

In side story novel.

I've finished first 3 chapters and I didn't see it anywhere.

Should be somewhere after Taki used bras to play bra-glasses joke.

Weird, I couldn't find it at all. The bra problem ends with Tessie taught Taki how to unzip the bra trick but he failed and Mitsuha knew about that later. Or you just guess from that?

Eh. But I'm sure that I got it from that novel, maybe you're right. I might just guessing it because IIRC Taki stuck with this issue in that chapter. So I guessed Mitsuha solved this problem by just wear them before she sleeps as we saw in the movie.

I really really like that Mitsuha

>space rock is gonna hit your town in a couple hours destroying it and killing 500 people
>baaaaw I can't remember the name of this guy I met once
I liked the comet and saving the town plot, but the romance was pants on head retarded. Falling in love with someone just because you read their texts is too retarded even for anime. Movie should have stuck to having them intrigued by each other, but not love.

It's a pity that we dont have one chapter from Mitsuha's perspective.
Didn't you finish reading it? I still have the dad chapter left. All of the shrine stuffs from Yotsuha chapter are difficult for me to understand thoroughly.

or because you were them and literally lived their life but whatever, yeah just texts.

I seriously don't know guys, should I wait for Bluray or just watch this?

>or because you were them and literally lived their life
That makes even less sense. At least with the text you have the excuse that they somehow interacted with each other.

Not everyone who criticizes the glaring flaws in your favorite movie is fishing for yous.

I haven't finished it yet because of my works. But my friend who finished it said the dad chapter is the best and also emotional.

In theater first (and second and third till they stop screening) then come back watching the 720p rip at home and cry yourself to sleep ;_;
Nice. From the illustration I guess we could know Futaba in detail.

Where is it stated that she's not pure?

watch 720, its good.

you're gonna watch blu ray regardless

You aren't criticizing the movie, you are just shitposting about the parts you either misunderstood, or chose to misuderstand on purpose to bait replies.

Officially? Nowhere. It's just Sup Forums shitposting.

It was explained more in the novel version. Body swapping is the closest form of contact and you get to know each other directly from their lingered memory in their body.
I think it's quite different from just reading text because they were really interact with each other environment and cause changes to those surroundings, leaving the message to another side.

Stop arguing and post cute Mitsuhas

So wait, I thought Keit-Ai was just a meme? Did you guys know about Your Name when you thought of that? This is almost quite literally Keit-Ai.

moar webbums pls

Not really. I think you forgot the main point of keit-ai

Don't doubt the capabilities of meme magic.

interdimentional texting is enough to make me think of Keit-Ai.

>This is almost quite literally Keit-Ai.
It's really not. The only theme those 2 have in common is the "guy falls in love with a girl from a different dimension/time/world".

They didn't text each other. They kept writing about what happened in each other diaries, while being inside the body in sync with said diary.

Please continue your support for Kamishiraishi Mone. I know she isn't beautiful as Hirose Suzu or Nana Komatsu, but she is cute and try her best.

Also bonus point for using her real voice for Mitsuha. I can still hear Mitsuha sometimes in her new show.

Sometimes I wonder am I the only one who don't (care enough to) know about anything related to that meme till this day.

I must have been pretty drunk if I thought their notes were being written down, not texted. I could've swore they messaged each other at one point.

>Are you implying it's not popular already?
It's not.

It's only popular in Asia.
Compare it to Frozen for example.

The only way they communicated between each other is by writing in each other diaries (inside their cellphones), or by writing on their bodies using markers.
They did try calling each other but the call never went through, for obvious reasons.

Should have been obvious later that couldnt be possible.

>you get to know each other directly from their lingered memory in their body.
So something similar to touching souls. That makes sense, thanks user. Should've included that in the movie.

No, I was criticizing a plot point that made no sense because it was never given a proper explanation, so yes, it's the movie's fault. But I guess that anything that isn't a "10/10 flawless movie" is shitposting to you.

It's popular enough for Sup Forums to hate it just because of its popularity. While BD release will make it even more popular for the casual audience, I doubt it could get any more popular on Sup Forums.

90% of Sup Forums hasn't seen it

It isnt mentioned in any thread and threads dedicated to it have low poster count

>it was never given a proper explanation
Do you really expect the movie to tell you exactly why switching bodies with someone for over a month is enough to make you feel a deeper connection to that person?

The movie clearly showed them getting to know each other and the environments they were brought up in during the body-switching phenomenon, and you chose to disregard all that and say "lmao they only met once and simply texted each other eks dee".

It's hard to establish a new brand overseas when everyone is under Ghibli spell that Disney use.
Shinkai once commented about this like people in the west only sees anime movie as Miyasaki and not Miyazaki.

If we are pulling numbers out of our asses, then 70% of Sup Forums has only seen 10 shows in their life and only come here to post in shounen generals.

>this movie hit home pretty hard
why? did meteor hit you hometown

cock goes here?

I WANT TO MARRY MITSUHA

Is that wrong, though?

That's it, the phone diaries are what made me think it was texting. It was a while ago when i saw it.

Not really. That's the sad part.

>Should've included that in the movie
Yeah. I couldn't see what's going on in his mind that time. He said he could, but he choose to discard that (but still put them in novel). Maybe too much exposition would ruin the feel-rollercoster he built. He is always like this and it happened in every of his past works. They're works that you need to be personal with it in some degree to get the feels.
Maybe he was lucky to capture the public this time. Let's see whether he will fix it in his next work.

>that kanade

A deeper connection or a special bond, yes. But not love. All they knew about the other was what the friends and family taught them about the one they were body swapping with, but they never truly knew the other. If anything they fell in love with an idea, not a person. It was like pining after someone you've never had a face to face conversation with. That's a crush, not love. Thankfully the novel gives a reasonable explanation with the lingering memories thing.

You are looking too deeply into this user, this isn't a movie for the brain, it's for the heart.

>watch it in shitty rip
>watch it again in HQ BD 2160p ac3 flac 5.1
whats the problem

youtu.be/8hapAioCn5I
Me too user