Ghost in the Shell

>Ghost in the Shell
>the next-gen Matrix
Jesus Christ, those baka gaijins

Other urls found in this thread:

whoinspired.com/wiki/The_Matrix_(franchise)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromancer
google.co.uk/search?q=Escape from New York&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia2P7Ng4HSAhXrJsAKHWBmCOwQ_AUICCgB&biw=1280&bih=667
theguardian.com/film/2009/oct/19/hollywood-ghost-in-the-shell
youtube.com/watch?v=7q4L4PCo6kA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>next gen
But it was there before Matrix.

>all those remakes and capeshit
Is Hollywood finished? They are so out of ideas they have gone to Japan for original movie ideas. Pathetic.

Nice ass

>film magazine
>literally only capeshit and fucking sci-fi

I'm pretty upset

>listen to the latest Doughboys podcast with Bobby Lee as the guest
>he bitches about how fucking impossible it is for an Asian-American actor to get hired and how Scarlett Johannsen is going to be the Major

The saddest part is that the Japanese don't care. Really, the only people that get shafted in this whole exchange is asian actors in the states.

the oldfags of the nips are too dead to care, and the newfags only care about their waifus.

It's canon that the major can take any appearance she wants.
So actor choice isn't a real issue.
People just love to bitch about everything.

People have been saying that the Matrix was influenced by Ghost In the Shell ever since The Matrix came. Then I finally watched the later and was surprised by how little there was in terms of an overt influence outside of the Wachowskis being weebs.

>Adaptation of the movie that inspired the Matrix is now a "next-gen" Matrix

I have no words. Words fail me.

I'd rather take Scarlet Johanson than Sandra Oh

>"It's brutal... It's iconic"
Huh?

>The smarter movie magazine

Watch the film.
Do it for her.

More like Pork in the Shell.

I will pirate it and never watch it.

major has a European body, the problem is the bitch's awful physique and worse acting

Blade Runner 2049

To be fair The Major is using a generic-looking body and Motoko isn't her real name, she's just some Jane Doe kid pulled out of a plane crash/ car crash and rebuilt by the japanese state.

Wasn't Matrix inspired by Dark City?

what? no, they came up at the same time.

whoinspired.com/wiki/The_Matrix_(franchise)

How would you explain Ghost in the Shell to the unenlightened masses in a sentence? Keep in mind they have no exposure to anime and the last remotely engaging movie they watched was Matrix.

Who the fuck cares, all nips wanna be white anyway which is why they made anime in the first place.

Where's my Kyoani cinematic universe?
I want to see real action versions of Haruhi, Chitanda, Tamako, Kumiko, Mugi, Rika, Sento and the Frees teaming up to solve a world-threatening crisis.

They're talking specifically about the live action one you fucking autists. Movie's going to be an embarrassment either way.

Here's IRL Mugi

As much as I don't care about this shitty live action, that genuinely annoys me.
Why are the media so fucking stupid, it hurts.

PORK
O
R
K

IN THE SHELL

Murricans just love to whine. You see the same shit with The Great Wall.
>murrica: waah whitewashing how dare they add a filthy white male in a film set in ancient china!
>china: oh, another big budget hollywood action movie with zhang yi mou directing, neat.

>KyoAni cinematic universe
>live action Haruhi, Chitanda, Kumiko, Kaname and the Frees joining forces to deal with a world-threatening crisis, ft. K-ON playing the theme songs
>A no fun allowed world government is going to enforce stricter education!
>That means fun stuff like club activities will be shut down! Bands will be shut down! No more eating cakes and drinking tea in classrooms!
>who are going to save the student and allow them to regain their TANOSHIII BUKATSU SEIKATSU?!

SOS-Dan Revival: You can(not) Tanoshii

Summer 2020

But thats literally the only film being made nowadays.

I wouldnt. I would just have them watch the movie and say "this inspired the matrix" and hopefully they would get it. Cant explain some of the animation and scenes in a way that would do them any justice, you just need to see it.

>literally the Matrix before the Matrix was a thing
>literally what the Matrix was based off
>"next - gen matrix"
Is this guy literally a teenager

This is better than I thought, at least they are taking the original work seriously. You dumb moeshits should get back to your loli shows.

More like Dork in the shell.

Let's be honest we would rather see margot as motoko right?

Face, maybe. Body, yes.

>literally literally literally
You're the teenager here, user.

Those are legit literal desu

>7/10 it is ok
>"Not enough Free fan service"- Weekly Fujoshi

I thought I was looking at a new Four Chan Magazine cover for a second.

I am bothered because that fucking jew nose Scarlett has

Is she supposed to be attractive? I'm not seeing it at all.

Most millenials have seen or heard of Stand Alone Complex on Cartoon Network. GitS is not as niche as people make it out to be.

This

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromancer

I don't see the relation here.
Except dude hackers lmao and the incredibly autistic main characters

>cyberspace, a virtual reality dataspace called the "matrix"

it's the same name, so what?

Charlize Theoron or Kate Beckinsale would have made a better Major than ScarJo.

The Major really doesn't look Japanese at all though. She's got a white person's profile and blue eyes, it's an artificial body.

No, but they shared a set. Specifically the one in the beginning of the first Matrix movie where Trinity is trying to get away from the suits.

The problem isn't that she's not Asian, it's that she's ugly and can't act.

>it's that she's ugly
this

>The saddest part is that the Japanese don't care.

The japanese don't care because they see gaijins playing with their intelectual property as monkeys playing with legos.

google.co.uk/search?q=Escape from New York&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia2P7Ng4HSAhXrJsAKHWBmCOwQ_AUICCgB&biw=1280&bih=667

Kek.

most of what i've seen is that they'll consider the hollywood action budget more than enough to make up for the shitty scripts

most asian-produced action movies have bad scripts anyway and shitty budgets, so it's only an improvement from what they would have gotten otherwise.

There's also the thing that Hollywood movies aren't made for western audiences first and foremost nowadays, seeing that the Chinese entertainment market always double down on profits in movies that flop hard in the USA.

So they can just half-ass everything and it will still be entertaining to chinese people who barely had something to eat 10 years ago and now can finally enjoy cinema.

>she's just some Jane Doe kid pulled out of a plane crash
I will never forgive Kenji Kamiyama for not going, at any point in time, "no people wait a sec I haven't understood any of this shit give me a sec so I can figure it out or have someone explain it to me, or maybe I should just not direct this since I haven't understood shit about it"

The Matrix is essentially Oshii's version of GITS but with Keanu Reeves. You shouldn't wonder why Hollywood is getting Matrix vibes out of yet another remake of Oshii's version of GITS.

Nips don't care because Hollywood is Japan and they have their own Japanese cinema so in their mind they're not lacking of representation.

They could not give less of a fuck about international box office unless one of their movies get international acclaim but otherwise it's icing on the cake.

>The Matrix is essentially Oshii's version of GITS but with Keanu Reeves
no because GitS is actually a good film, while the Matrix is a flick at best.

This is literally the anime that inspired the matrix lol

>no because GitS is actually a good film

Intention is irrelevant to result, user.

>Just give me that "grizzled desk sergeant nearing retirement that's too old for this shit" look f am

Fuck off. The Americans that entered police HQ in that movie were immediately recognized as caucasians and everyone gawked because they'd never seen any before. Please stop whitewashing Japanese characters

I'm more concerned with what they're doing with the story, setting and themes than whether the lead actress is white or Japanese. They can cast whoever the fuck they want. Motoko could be black for all I'd care. That's not what's important.

Then again, Scarlett looks like she's half asleep, so I can't really agree with her casting purely from an acting standpoint.

>Motoko could be black for all I'd care.

t. mtv decoded

How are they dealing with the fact that USA doesn't exist in GitS? I'm assuming the whole cast is american.

>Most milennials have heard of Stand Alone Complex
You couldn't be more wrong. Even the teen anime fan crowd doesn't know much about GiTS anymore.

>*BWOOOOOOM*
>In a world...
>*BWOOOOOOM*
>PEW PEW PEW BOOM
>...where machines walk among humans...
>BOOM PEW PEW
>*CAR CHASE*
>*BWOOOOOOM*
Great Hollywood anime adaptation, 10/10.

>its brutal
>its iconic
-Scarlett Johansson

> sit around in a cafe all day eating cake and the last episode is one of them going into diabetic shock and having to have a foot amputated

nobody knows who that is. You want someone who can act AND looks good

>ITT: people who have never heard of neuromancer

>Where's my Kyoani cinematic universe?

It's just cute fifteen year old girls doing cute things.

Might as well watch Disney channel or Dan Schneider shit.

I was going to agree with you, but I went to look and apparently toonami actually just started another run of SAC last week. Maybe some kids will see it before the movie and search out the original instead.

I do, unfortunately, as does everyone else who watched Suicide Squad, and there is going to be a lot of overlap for that movie and this one in terms of target audience. Actually a decent actor if you compare her to everyone else in the movie, but mostly eyecandy, which is essentially what Scarlett Johansson is.

List of things the Matrix and Neuromancer have in common:
literally autistic protagonist
cyberspace named "matrix"
"hackers"

>it's kino
-Sup Forums

Kind of irrelevant when the Wachoskis pitched the Matrix as a live-action Ghost in the Shell (Oshii version).

theguardian.com/film/2009/oct/19/hollywood-ghost-in-the-shell

>When Larry and Andy Wachowski were pitching The Matrix to their producers, they played them a DVD of an 82-minute Japanese cartoon and said: "We wanna do that for real."

It's not that it's dissimliar to Neuromancer, it's just that Ghost in the Shell was literally the only reason the movie got made.

youtube.com/watch?v=7q4L4PCo6kA

This was what I was going to post next

>I know William Gibsons so I will show it off on Sup Forums like a facking hispter faggot

> SS
> That flop of a film

no wonder nobody knows who she is. Scarjo on the other hand has played in far more notable films

why are you this triggered

>flop
>one of the best-selling films of 2016

How do you define "flop" exactly?

It looks like a shot-for-shot remake of the original.

It's only because that's exactly what it is.

It's as superfluous and gratuitous as the Hollywood version of Old Boy.

Nobody in anime looks remotely Japanese. Only the titular Aku no Hana made their characters look Japy by using rotoscoping.

It's worse than that, the Wachowskis cited GITS as an inspiration for the Matrix

that fucking sucks

Gits 1995 was garbage

Gibson is a fucking hack who had an interesting novel that lots of things did better in the subsequent 20 years.

No healthy person in Japan is that ugly, there are substantial issues with the actual tracing and casting of that rotoscoped nightmare.

The real issue is that ScarJo is entirely unconvincing in an action roll.

>roll

I am a mong.

Are any of the GitS anime any good?

The 1995 movie and both gigs of SAC, some people like Innocence as well but I didn't think it was anything special.

Everything else is awful.

>the original matrix was inspired by the ghost in the shell movie
>now the new ghost in the shell movie is supposedly inspired by the matrix
Anyhow the movie is a mistake.

No she can't do action rolls either