Why are Americans triggered by roundabouts?

They are usually safer and more efficient than conventional interchanges, so what's the big deal?

Are Americans so bad at driving that they take it out on the design of the road instead?

We're too multicultural.
You think IQ 85 nogs can handle that ?

I can use them just fine. It's the fucking retarded people who are driving in the roundabout who stop dead to let other cars in, or cars who are not yielding to the traffic in the roundabout and are simply driving in, almost crashing into people.

The amount of retarded people I see on the roads on a daily basis is staggering. The fewer brain cells needed for the imbeciles around me to navigate the better.

>this triggers the American

Americans could put a scooter rally course in the middle for the mutts to go around

This looks like when in SimCity you put the roads together wrong

its the fact that demorat city planners don't know how to build proper roundabouts

fire trucks can't get around small roundabouts and
have to take longer routes

BECAUSE IF THERE'S MORE THAN ONE LANE AND YOU HAVEN'T USE IT BEFORE AND THERE ARE ALL THESE OTHER CARS AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN OF OUT OF IT

GOD DAMN IT

IT COULD BE SO GOOD BUT IT'S JUST LIKE ANY OTHER 8 LANE CLUSTERFUCK WHERE YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH LANE TO BE IN UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE

that actually looks legit retarded
i love it

I love them for late night drift merry go rounds in the winter.

Niggers on the road.

They're implemented pretty shitty here, had no problem with them in nordcuckistan.

Worst thread I have seen all day and a total waste of quads. Sage.

>Americans
You mean midwesterners, right? The northeast has a bunch of roundabouts (or "traffic circles" or "rotaries" depending on local dialect) and nobody gives a fuck. It's people who grow up in corn land that get triggered by anything other than pancake-flat roads with 90 degree turns and well marked intersections.

Bots are out in force tonight
Waste of digits

I like rotaries! You can whip pretty nice drifts through them if its empty :-)

This should trigger anyone because it looks fucking retarded.

Even with a birds eye view it's even more apparent that this monstrosity just doesn't work right.

but user we have diverging diamond intersections all over the place in missouri and people here love 'em

This does look retarded. I'm guessing it was designed this way so that any traffic trying to get onto the freeway doesn't need to use a traffic light to do so

I drove in Germany for two years with no problems. The issue with roundabouts in America is everyone goes full fucking retard with them.

First you get the people who make them. They usually put trees or statues or other stupid shit in the middle so you can't see the cars already in the circle before they hit you. Or they'll put yield signs on some of the roads, and stop signs on others, or some other stupid idea like a traffic light to enter a roundabout (WHY?).

Then you got the other drivers. It's either going to be the retarded old lady who slams on her brakes and panics before going the wrong fucking direction, or the Joe Dirt redneck NASCAR fan who tries to blow through these at 100 mph.

And then there's me who can't figure out a traffic circle with two or more lanes in it. Fucking why?

Obvious Jewish trickery to make you burn more gas.

>American """""""Cities"""""""

>usually safer and more efficient

You just answered your own question OP.

Nice trips BTW

Are we? Everywhere I've lived has had them. Gotta remember we live in a pretty big fucking country

There are plenty of roundabouts in America stop being retarded

It's just plain fun

fair point! :D

WHY in the FUCK would anyone WANT this kind of GODAWFUL LUNACY?!?

What POSSIBLE problem could it EVER hope to SOLVE?!?

i dont understand, why did they do that?

It looks like it would work very well as long as you don't have a large number of cars just going strait across the bridge.

Why not go for double trouble? :^)

Yes, those cornfed fucks in the flyover states cannot drive rotaries worth a shit. They are wicked retarded

>t. MAsshole

what about this one? roundabout inception

most of our roads are so old they were built before roundabouts were a thing. most city governments are too cheap to replace them. new roads typically employ them though

>American poster
Sage

Only gets it. When most of your traffic is trying to get on or off the freeway this is the most efficient design. In my state freeways have 80 mph limits and most people drive 90. No fucking way your going to convince me a traffic circle is the best solution for that.

We got one of these crossing things and it allows more throughput with one onramp lane than another more traditional overpass freeway exit/entrance with three onramp lanes with like two miles of merging just a few miles down the way.

in the US we prefer right angles and sharp corners
it's more masculine, you see

euros are pussies so of course they want their shit rounded and gay

Looks like the results of some crooked state congressman that owns a cement company and a paving business who awarded himself a contract building the most materials-heavy intersection they could possibly build with that shit

we dont like to be reminded about the shape of a burger....

Because I always want to go destruction derby in them.

>Why are Americans triggered by roundabouts?

We have roundabouts in the US you dumb fuck.

Another one of these threads?

Slide/shill thread.

Come on Sup Forums you're better than this.

Nice telephoto lens there kike. That picture is more deceptive than a CNN broadcast.

Round abouts only work if there is no traffic. If theres traffic 1 round about can add 30 mins to your trip

We have them, or had them, but have been getting rid of them for decades now because they're always the most dangerous intersections. Americans aren't good drivers.

All the small roundabouts in my city are low enough in the center so that large vehicles like firetrucks can jump the curb slightly if they need to

>No fucking way your going to convince me a traffic circle is the best solution for that.

roundabouts or traffic circles aren't used for that, they're used at junctions above a freeway perhaps but they're not there to interrupt actual freeway traffic (which usually passes beneath them)

lol, that's what every American city looks like. After driving across this country half a dozen times and going to every state, yeah, our cities are just fucking highways with fast food and hotel signs. Welcome to America! To enjoy the place, you sort of have to not be in any city/town.

We also have a city, Carmel, famous for its roundabouts. It gets voted the nicest place to live in the US pretty often, but being that it's in Indiana, I highly doubt it.

>tfw jumped curbs in mid-duty fixed truck
>american suspension
>comfy as fuck
>would jump the curb again

>WOW LOOKS SO COZY
Says the Amerimutt

Err, no. My country is a joke, that's pretty much obvious to anyone who has ever stepped foot out of it.

>roundabouts
>safe
Have you ever seen a burger drive before user? There would be crashes every day because some idiot is always looking on their phone or never yields when they're supposed to

>american encounters something he doesn't understand
"FERKIN GUBBMINT STEALIN MY MONEY WITH THIS BULLSHIT"
They should spend it on guns and bibles, right yankee?

Why would you build something like this? It's just shitty apartments that take up a ton more space, you could houses everyone in 1/10th the footprint.
You don't even get the benefits of freestanding houses like a large yard, garage or distance between neighbours, what's the point?

good old Breezewood

that's Breezewood, Penn. That's where I70 and the Pennsylvania turnpike meet, so of course there is going to be a shitload of restaurants there. It's the only spot to get in/out of the highway system for miles.

Disingenuous post right there ya dingus.

This is so stupid.

Carmel is great. I lived there as a kid. Good schools, very white, close to indy if you need to commute.

Roundabouts are stupid and no one uses them correctly at night people just crash into them.

It's only worth building up when property values make vertical space cheaper than horizontal space.

In big open countries (mostly New World countries) that's pretty rare.

lol they're installing those in Washington, too. less conflict points... but it seems a bit more confusing if you ask me, for the ameriplebs that is

>>I feel the roundabout
>> The words will you make you out and on
>> I'll spend the day your way
>> Call it mornin' drivin' through the sun and in and out the valley

I'm sorry. I had to do it.

we like autism simulators

sometimes people demand moats

>canals so thin you couldn't fit anything more than a tinny on your jetty anyway
Fucking yanks.

must. have. 2 car garage. no yard. 12 neighbors. desert view. identical house. tv in every room.

>Are Americans so bad at driving
yes
go to California and tell me that anyone in this god forsaken state can drive ten feet without hitting something
about a year ago I saw a car that was ON ITS FUCKING SIDE on one of those curved ramps that lead onto the highway
how the fuck do you even flip a car in a curve as wide as that????

What's going on here?

i like them. most americans just don't see them very much, so they're not familiar with them.

Listen here eurofag, American essentially mass produced and set historical records for the automobile while you were still tinkering with basic combustion engines (oops I meant literally contributing nothing to the world of automechanics) so why don't you fuck off because I've seen your roads and your hideous driving, so don't you fucking question my country when your entire fucking continent doesn't know how to handle a fucking steering wheel and not shove a gear shifter up your ass.

>not using continuous-flow
plebs

Obviously price is the biggest factor but there are tons things to consider, especially for healthy living, like split commercial/residental, walking distance, green space etc all that make for a better community.

Almost every newly built apartment block here has tons of balconies, rooftop gardens, plenty of space between buildings, interior communal areas, bottom floor commercial.

I was referring to that weirdo double diamond interchange intersection in Missouri, roundabouts are the tits m8

the bank owns my house and I just pay them rent at 5% interest over 40 years

AMERICA WHAT ARE YOU DOING

It's Missouri. That's exactly what's going on.

America's little infanticidal cult corner! かわいい~

Has to do with freemason/illuminati shit that the founding fathers build into the roadways when they designed DC from scratch. Look it up, there's even a freemason symbol across the entire thing

OP, I live in Cali and I see cars on their roofs, flipped on their sides, and sometimes I see them on fire. So yes, maybe our driving style isn't as good, but at least we don't manage to plow vans through crowds.

Why have apartment blocks? That's for like nigger and children who need to rent some space while they're going to school.

>40 years

Holy shit, you got fucked. And you deserved to be. I hope you kill yourself in despair long before you own your home you stupid piece of shit.

Someone needs to show an animation of why this is better than a standard interstate cloverleaf design because I don't get it. There are fucking stoplights on these.

Roundabouts are slow and ugly, they unnecessarily take longer to traverse 99% of the time theyre used. Theyre the fucking hummer of traffic stops, big ugly expensive and inefficient.

Roundabouts fairly new to usa, somw places were like roundabout seems like goid idea, then after a while like no maybe not

Yep, In most areas of the country if you tell someone you live in an apartment they think you're poor.

5%

WTF?? why are you paying that much, rates are at an all time low across the US, UK, EU etc.. and have been for years

my mortgage is now 1.9% after re-mortgaging.. prior to that it was 2.49%

It has to be that, it doesn't look any faster or smoother to zig-zag onto the "wrong" side of the bridge to continue straight

I'm making a joke, LOL

What are you talking about? They are all over Texas.

not in major cities it ins't surely... how many people can afford say a full town house on Manhattan island

that is pretty special!

I'm sure there are some Americans in the situation I described and just don't refinance because they're American and easily fooled. But what do I know, I just live around these mongoloids

My theory is it has to do with how common manual transmissions are over in Europe. It's much easier to just slow down and shift into second most of the time, instead of having to come to a complete stop every mile.

If your shitty at driving a manual it saves gas too since you don't have to stop and rev it too much because you suck at working a clutch.

I don't know about all that but there certainly are a lot of fags in that neighborhood.

Manhattan is a shithole. You can buy a house in or near most major cities in the US. Harder to build if you want to live near a shitty city, but that's up to you whether you want to buy a nice old house or build a new one innawoods.

Not really, most of our east coast is covered in these dredged lagoons from New Jersey to Florida. They weren't the smartest idea, looking back.

I took one of these babies at 61 mph once I realized it was my exit and that was the most fucking scary thing I've done