Why aren't there any great works of literature being written anymore...

Why aren't there any great works of literature being written anymore? Why aren't there any great works of art being made anymore? What happened to humanity? Our creativity? Our sense of purpose? Our drive to make something greater than ourselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

welcome to the kali-yuga.... it's all fucking down hill here from her on out

But why has humanity lost it's spirit?

Modern day dark ages via Fakebook.

There probably are some great works of literature being written, but how would you find them? I thought Withur We was excellent if you're looking for an interesting read, but I don't consider myself a great literary critic by any stretch.

Social Media could become a great tool of art patronage and spread. Too bad it seems to have a numbing effect.

Post-modernism turned art into a destructive medium for the most part

Because white people are fucking pathetic and prefer to come to their image board circle jerks instead of self improving.

The recent great works have been in the feminist genre - Ambrose River, Soliloquies for Bastion, She: A Memoir. You'd know this if you weren't so close-minded.

>I don't read books and I just don't understand why there isn't any new books to read, wtf is wrong with mankind, I bet its the niggers again!

Instead of assuming someone is closed minded you could make the case for why these are great.

I could but I wont you stupid faggot.

No one grows up in elite intellectual circles or art schools from birth nowadays.

No thanks, I’m sure that shit doesn’t hold a candle to Le Guin, plus I could care less what third wavers think or write about

He's right and you're retarded.

>no great works
>forgets to mention Sup Forums

That is exactly what this place is, the greatest creation of a generation. Historians will poor over every post. Hello future anons, I hope you enjoy my ramblings.

We have taken the path of least resistance. Why create, when you can see, watch and hear what others have created. This extends to so much else in our society. Why have sex, when you can satiate that need whenever you want with the latest technology that will display your most perverse fantasy at a whim? It saddens me to think, that so many great minds that could express themselves have taken the easy way, but I can't blame them, I have done the same. As I write this I dull myself with alcohol, hoping tomorrow I will make a better choice. I know I probably won't.

There are great works being made, you just only accept certain things of the past as great. You reached an intellectual limit of understanding and assume something you don't get at first must be not good.

>What happened to humanity? Our creativity? Our sense of purpose? Our drive to make something greater than ourselves?

Its like you dont think the people of the past had their own versions of JK rowling and Kapur.

Great literature and works of art are being produced, there is (just like in the past) such a great quantity of art and literature in general being made that it takes time before its recognition filters down to the plebs.

You are no different than those who think the Catholic Church was anti science.

You know what you said could relevantly be applied as far back as ancient greece.

Play Bloodborne

Gee, I wonder.

technology increases, humanity decreases. laws of the universe.

Books are outdated, it's all about vidya now.

So by your reasoning aboriginal australians should have been the greatest producers of art throughout all of human history

>implying abbos are human

What happened? "Freedom", secularism, democracy, capitalism, and the Jews.

lmao. This. Isn't it obvious you faggots

Star Wars 8 comes out tomorrow user.

(Not a Disney shill)

$$$$$$$$$$$

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

Because you aren't reading literature by women who are the better writers.

Well we got fantasy and sci-fi ghettos.

Sure there's some gold there?

>latest technology displaying your most perverse fantasy at a whim
>ancient Greeks has access to this
Elaborate. I get what you mean about them seeing great works like statues, and saying 'why bother, it has been done, I doubt I could do better'. But I do think their is a general sense of 'its been done, why bother' that pervades our society and has left us weak. Maybe the Greeks did experience it, they did fall to the Romans after all, although they inspired them religiously and architecturally. Maybe that is what white, Western civilization will be to the next dominant civilization. The Romans enslaved the Greeks, not to labor but to craft and enlighten. Perhaps that is what white Westerndom will be for those who take our nations.

>welcome to the kali-yuga
Uhhh this started like 2900 years ago..

>What happened to humanity? Our creativity? Our sense of purpose? Our drive to make something greater than ourselves?
Postmodernism and Jews.

100% OP is a troll who doesn't read. Prove me wrong OP, what was the last great piece of literature written exactly?

Society doesn't care for philosophy like it used to. After it got hijacked by Marx and these post-modernists it doesn't carry any weight. Before philosophy was a tool to find truths about the nature of our reality and how we experience the world around us. It impacts society and makes people think. But now a lot of people don't seek truth. Most do things for selfish reasons. People are so tied up in this net of distractions that they don't think anymore. Instead they just worry about the lives of people they don't really care about. Divulge in media that only numbs the mind because it's the easy thing to do. Complain about what everyone else is doing while sheltered inside modern society unwilling to venture out into the world and brave the chaos and those who are too lazy to try to make a difference assume that all those that have achieved are evil.
God is dead, and the west is beginning to crumble

the pale king

kali yuga is ending

>)
12 Btw haHAA

Art is for soy boys. It does nothing for humanity. "ahhhh you're drawing picture's. You're such A big boy." fuck off. Art is gay. And literature is for psuedo intellectuals.

There are, it just takes time 50-100 years before pretty good, becomes ageless classics. Shakespeare plays are 50% Adam Sandler level dick jokes and reboots of older plays.

my diary desu

Because YOU are a useless nigger that contributes nothing to humanity and has a nerve to complain about it. Set yourself on fire.

Great works are still being written at the same rate today. Why then is every book you read from ages past a masterpiece, while today such books are hard to find? Because the shitty or mediocre books of yesteryear were lost to the sands of time, while the masterpieces were preserved. So too will our era's masterpieces be preserved.

I wonder how many times this has been said in history. Some of the greatest artists who ever lived walk the earth today, you just don't know about them because you don't look and there's a lot of competition these days. Hell, Infinite Jest is the best book I've ever read and it came out like what twenty years ago. The film medium didn't kick up until less than a century ago, and you've got shit like Hard to be a God and BtBR rolling out within the last decade. You've got fuckers painting stuff like early Picasso on commission now, thousands of people who can paint on that level. Leo Brouwer is in my opinion the second greatest man to compose for the lute/guitar after Bach and he's alive today. Electronic music has opened up an entirely new way of perceiving sound, and you've got fuckers like Mark Fell creating unprecedented material, completely new planes of music. Pull your head out of your ass.

They just don't think it's worth it.

Wired for instant gratification.

>Some of the greatest artists who ever lived walk the earth today,

Hard disagree. There's definitely more people shitting out "art" though.

> But I do think their is a general sense of 'its been done, why bother' that pervades our society and has left us weak. Maybe the Greeks did experience it, they did fall to the Romans after all, although they inspired them religiously and architecturally. Maybe that is what white, Western civilization will be to the next dominant civilization. The Romans enslaved the Greeks, not to labor but to craft and enlighten. Perhaps that is what white Westerndom will be for those who take our nations.

No its more of the fact that everyone bitches about their generation being terrible and degraded from the golden age. Simmilar idea in China and equally as full of shit.

Pic related.

I've thought about this. WW1 was the beginning of the Kali Yuga, and next year marks the 100 year anniversary of the end of the war.