E

M
A
S
T
E
R

Asuka is cute!

I think that asuka and rei are wonderful characters both, and the each time I browse a waifu war thread I die a little inside

I have and shall continue to wish to call you 'friend'. Better hurry though...

because you're all wrong and misato's best girl

cuck

>not wanting to be misato's shota fucktoy

really made me think

wtf i love being cucked by kaji now

how can I be cucked by a corpse

Wait. Why is there a a slihouette of a U-2 and a Dornier on that conning tower?
Is Anno like a closet Miyazaki?

Nah, that's just how any Nimitz-class carrier looks like. But Anno is a military otaku, since half of his characters are named after IJN ships. And one american. And a german one. And one british.
What's funny and not at the same time is that USS Langley was sunk during the battle of Java sea by 9 diving bombers. Coincidence? I think not.

This guy knows what's up, all the female characters in Eva are great and add to the story.

>all that symbolism
what symbolism?
please don't answer something like "lol you're an idiot" or "this is nu-Sup Forums for you" because that would imply you were only trying to sound smart without knowing what you were talking about

hot

First of all, the Sun above Asuka which creates a subtext of distinguishing her from Rei who was previously in the series (particularly in episode 6 during talk before battle and during every closing titles) associated with the Moon. So here we have Asuka, who's bright and energetic like Sun and everyone can see that beautiful girl even from afar and then we have Rei, who's mysterious like Moon, shining gently in the night. Second we have Asuka's wide stance which translated from body language symbolizes her wish to be in command, to hold things in her own hands and to be in control of every situation she's in. Third we have her position. She's on a bridge of an aircraft carrier literally and figuratively looking down on newly arrived Misato and the Stooges (sounds like blues band name). It shows us how she likes to look on people in general, from unreachable heights, to appear and be better than them. There you have it, three symbols in one shot. Also you could tie in here some of Asuka's origin and deduce how Anno draws a parallel between a foreigner and western civilization in general. We see her in industrial environment, the massive conning tower of a nuclear aircraft carrier behind. It symbolises the industrial nature of western capitalism and their style of life, which can be considered foreign to oriental people who prefer the peace of nature to loud machines (see: Miyazaki). Furthermore, said differences can be projected onto Asuka and Shinji's different take on romance and sex, but that's a different story. But I can continue rambling if you insist. Also nu-Sup Forums, everyone.

>he's such a sad human being that the only way he can feel like he has worth as a person is by going around and spaming the same images in multiple threads

Go on

What is the appeal to this show anyways? I want to pick it up, but i have never been a big fan of Mech animes to begin with, but this anime is posted almost every week? It's wayyy past its prime but people still talk about it and shitpost waifus on a regular basis.

Look at the "tower" again. If that's not a U-2 with all correct measurements, I will choke myself in front of a webcam and put the picture in the thread.

watching it for the first time now. it definitely has that appeal

It's more about relationships, self-love and German philosophy. Also, there's exactly one mech in the show, and only for one episode.

I'm not into mecha either and this is my favourite anime, give it a watch user

>but i have never been a big fan of Mech animes
You're in luck, since NGE is considered a deconstruction of the mecha genre (it doesn't have the typical features/qualities of mecha animes)

So about romance and sex. As we know Shinji and Asuka's main problem throughout the series is the problem of communication and inability to understand. The theme of unability to understand one another despite being very very similiar in nature is reinforced once again by the fact that Asuka's the foreign girl who constantly complains about Japanese culture (one of these talks is her take on doors in Misato's house, showing us the primary difference between individualistic Western civilization and collectivist Eastern one). The problem sometimes was mistaken as "Shinji constantly rejects her", which it isn't of course, it's retarded in a sense that Shinji can't reject anyone in the first place, he's hungry for love. The problem is "Shinji doesn't understand what she wants from him" and she wants him to reach out to her and care about her, since she clearly sees how similar they are (that's why she always calls him stupid, it's a defense mechanism to distinguish herself from her true self, which she's constantly reminded of). In a sense of romance and sex, Asuka, true to barriers she built around herself, sees sex and love as a competition, she wants Kaji, her "ideal", to notice her, offers herself to him etc., just like it's seen in the West. Shinji, who was never told that he's loved etc. sees it in a romantic context, with a person caring for him, saying beautiful words to him, reassuring him of his importance etc. His "ideal" is Kaworu, a typical bishounen prince, based on a soft oriental take on romance. There you have it, when Asuka tells Shinji about "The Wall of Jericho" (subconsciously arranging the term to walls around her heart) she gives the words a sexual context, context of aggressiveness, which empowers her barriers in general. So she wants him to understand her take on romance and "crash" the Wall of Jericho. But he's unable to understand, given his own problems and how he tries to see it (through his barriers too, of course).

>Tfw you don't get laid cuz you didn't read the bible

It looks really similar, but check this, senpai.
Over the Rainbow is designated as CVN 075, which is an IRL designation for USS Harry S. Truman, the United States Navy Nimitz-class nuclear aircraft carrier.
So you see the tower is exactly the same.

Asuka is a shit character with no development.

That's a funny way to spell Rei, user.

Holy crap those details are barely visible or relevant on the model, but the Master took the time to draw each and every one correctly.
I can't reconcile the image of Anno as someone who's reads thousand page books with the image of Anno who draws carriers with perfect accuracy, or with the image of Anno as someone who dresses up and plays with figures. It's like they're three different people to me.

That's his brilliance, he truly enjoys and values what he does, a real otaku, THE otaku, not the shallow shells who fap to pics

I like your synthesis of their relationship, user.
Have you seen Shin Godzilla maybe? Anno's much more open about American influence and imperialism in the movie than he is in Eva.
The Bible will just make you perverted and feel anxiety. Same as Eva.

>Have you seen Shin Godzilla maybe
Nope, but I really consider to pick it up, I'm just short on time. It's really as good as everybody says, is it? I really enjoy kaiju movies and would like to see what Anno can do after that short film for his tokusatsu props exhibition

Stop hurting this user's feelings, cunts

Those barriers are broken at the end of EOE right?

At the same time though, that badass modern sunken ruin is Ito submerged for kilometers and their coast in unchanged. And their map of it was copied from Yokohama. He's not about grand visions or attention to detail in general, he likes the things he likes.

Crackship thread?

Judging by Asuka's unnaturally (in relation to her barriers, not to her true self) good-natured gesture (caress) and by Evangelion's reinforced themes of hope and love (the talk about which is presented with Rei and Kaworu (or rather Lilith and Adam) literally before Shinji leaves the sea of LCL) I would say they did break, at least at some extent. But user, it's important for you to understand that and go on living without your barriers. So stop posting ship pics from Die Sterne and find yourself a gf (of course no one will be as perfect as Asuka, but still)

also thread theme by based Takahashi inspired by based Anno
youtube.com/watch?v=eOss8fmsf24

Question:
Do all lilith based lifeforms become one in instrumentality?
Are there penguins in the orange goo?

>kissanime
Christ.

Arianism vs Homoousionism will be considered a joke compared with the Rei/Asuka wars.

>Are there penguins in the orange goo?
Baka user.
youtube.com/watch?v=IL7aumOZfms

I just grabbed a thumbnail off of Google Images.

Whats wrong with Kissanime anyways?

IT'S CONFIRMED
THERE ARE ALL SORTS OF ANIMALS IN INSTRUMENTALITY

Also latino spanish is fucking gross

what makes you think I dont have a gf user?

Thing is, I used to like their relationship when I was a teenager, their example and the anime catapulted me to get out of my insecurities.
There was this really cute girl that I liked but I was shy as fuck, until I saw NGE and decided to - break the at field barrier, I know it sounds weeb as fuck - but it worked!

We dated for a while, breaked up for like 6 years and got back a year ago. I am thinking on proposing her. Doubt she goes to Sup Forums anyway.
She is really cool because despite being this, nice social person she doesnt mind my geekery and finds it pretty cool when I am around to introduce heit to her on a social language that she gets hehe.

In short, use NGE to catapult and get that "asuka" of your life. It worked for me, it hurt but ultimately I managed.

That, and the suggestions for Mexican Pen Pen are kind of awesome.

Gut yourself you blogging normalfag swine.

I wonder if Zizek would enjoy EVA

Oh, wow, congratulations, user! I truly feel happy for you, you actually did what Anno wanted people to do: listened to him and tried to change yourself. You are the one who understood him. Not the blabbing neckbeards like this one . おめでとう!

Where do you think you are, fuckface?

Why, in your mom's pussy of course
>muh secrid club
you're the one who should neck himself, family member
have a Rei

I guess you didnt get the "Asuka" of your life.

thanks user.

Asuka looks spooky here.

I met someone like her on Monday. Maybe I see her again, she really enjoyed giving me attention and I want to spend more time with her.
Also time spent on good art or a good story is never wasted time.

>advocating 3DPD or not wanting Sup Forums to have less traffic i.e normalfags
I'm just going to assume this is all bait.

He would prefer not to.
We need to get someone to ask him to watch Eva. And then explain what it is. Preferrably in front of a live audience, I want to see his reaction.

Find your way into a grave so you can stop polluting Sup Forums and the internet at large. Or just stop polluting life in general.

If you actually did, then you should go for it, of course
Let it be magical and beautiful. I watched Eva with my childhood friend (she was 15, I was 17) and after we actually got it and understood it we became the closest two can get I guess. Of course we began dating and there's no other human whom I'm more open to. This anime is one of the greatest pieces of media one can watch, if he doesn't read books that much.
This is Eva thread, Eva is a cure which should turn you into a "normalfag", here you witness anons being examples of such a transformation, if they are not bullshitting.
I also wonder about that *sniff*

>becoming a normalfag
>a cure for anything
Sounds like the only cure you'll be needing is a bullet to the head.

This is it, Sup Forums of 2017 everyone. Where the newsfags are so new you have unironic normalfag worship and unrepentant blogging. I'd tell you to lurk more but I don't even want you to lurk.

I guess I do user, I guess I do
This is why I also see discussions of Eva on Sup Forums as kind of bland
Yeah, I guess I forgot where I am, sorry, senpai
Fuck 3DPD I'm out to worship my waifu's feets

Captain Katsuragi, I'm NERV

you're a big girl

How's that layered field working for you, user? Afraid that an evil woman will try and steal your goo?

What are you, some incel piece of shit who gives a fuck about 3DPD? I don't give enough of a fuck about 3DPD to be afraid of them, let alone want to interact with them.

Tell me about Ikari! Why doesn't he get in the fucking robot?!

Would you die if I destroy your ATField?

You merely adopted the robot. I was made from the robot.

It could be a very, very comfortable feeling.

...molded by it. I didn't pilot til I was already cloned!

If I took off your mask would you die?

it would be extremely Impactful

>and find yourself a gf

For (you).

I met Asuka's English voice actor at a con a few years ago.

She is a hoot.

Can I get a basic Gestalt?

So in other words, Asuka wants Shinji to pursue (or otherwise be an active, aggressive participant in courtship), and acts that way, while Shinji wants a Asuka to be laid back, tender, otherwise calm and slow with him, and treats her that way. They both want the same thing, but have different ideas about how to get there, and each perceive the others actions as a rejection of their idea of how reaching their goal should be pusued (Shinji sees Asuka's aggression as dislike, and Asuka sees Shinji's passivity as apathy).

see

At least those two characters actually met. And I don't remember how much of Maya's lesbianism is just fanwank.

None of it

She was tang'd by the Doctor.

Exactly, that is literally voiced in EoE during Instumentality by both of them
>"You don't understand me"
>"Why won't you just try being nice to me"
>tfw we Sup Forums now

didn't Asuka seiyuu said she isn't attracted to Shinji?

And Shigoru (sp?) was tang'd by a swarm of 14 year old Albinos, but I don't get the impression that's his sexual orientation.
Oh, right, it's been a while. I should rewatch NGE again instead of reading godawful fanfics in my spare time.

Four you.
I'll take fun shitposting over waifu-war shitposting any day of the week, specially if we get to have some decent discussion as well.

Viscerally. They also both rationally understand what the other is like and that miscommunications are occurring, then forget it again when it's crowded out by more feelings.

Yes, she did, but I don't see any other good explanation of her actions. Despite that, she said she isn't in love with him. So I guess she was attracted to him and wanted him to understand her, but she was not necessarily in love with him. They are damaged kids, after all, love is hard for them. Also, Miyamura is a hack, I only believe the Master's words. Not fully either though.

Yeah, some of the actions would make sense, like kissing and being jealous of Rei's relationship with Shinji is not what you do if you aren't attracted.

>but I don't get the impression that's his sexual orientation
Well he did have access to the Dogma. Maybe when it's his turn to pull a night shift he gets freaky with the dummy plugs.

something really wrong with the hair placement

He didn't seem super pumped about it.

>And Shigoru (sp?) was tang'd by a swarm of 14 year old Albinos, but I don't get the impression that's his sexual orientation.
It's because he's so cynical that there's no one in his life whose form Rei could assume and be a comfort.