ITT: 10/10 episodes in 7/10 shows

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xCY9Hz3HeQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of the best episodes ever in the medium

youtube.com/watch?v=xCY9Hz3HeQc

You missed the 6/10 episode in a 3/10 show thread.

>ITT: 10/10 episodes in 10/10 shows
FTFY

>Kyoani thread
So, all Kyoani shows are 7/10 then

>contrarian

>implying TTGL was a 7/10

By non reddit rating standards its a 7-8/10, yes, with 8 already being a bit of a stretch. Its not our fault that people on myanimelist have a mean rating of 7.5 to 8 when the mean should be closer to 5-6.

Pre-timeskip 8/10
Post-timeskip 5/10
Leaned more on a 7/10 because of that episode alone.
That's how I see TTGL, at least.

Ending TLS with this song was an absolute master-stroke.

You need to watch more anime, yikes.

There was an animal collective song in TLS?

I've seen every good anime though.

No, the song from the episode in the OP.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted that picture, but I like it too much.

I agree (my score deviation from MAL is like -1 and I'm a relative newfag who's specifically picked out more well-received stuff) but Tamako is a pretty good example of a 7/10 show. Movie an 8.

Fuck this episode man, I still get sad thinking about it.

That episodes to shows ratio.... Maybe try watching a real series once in a while.

>long running shounen
>real series

Angel Beats Ep 9 is absolutely incredible.

It's so good that it's worth wading through the entirety of an otherwise mediocre show just to see this scene play out and understand it in context. While some might remember Angel Beats by some of its Kanade-related reveals, this episode was the foundation that granted weight to those moments. There are few shows where a single episode alone can save a entire series, but Angel Beats is one of them.

By Ep 9, the audience is beginning to form an understanding of what Otanashi is like, but only sees him at the beginning of his character arc (backstory involving his sister and his fundamental motivations for wanting to be a better person) and near the end of his character arc (as a dependable leader in the SSS). This ep bridges those points in time by showing what Otanashi has committed himself to, and how wonderful and conscientious of a young man he is becoming.

Though Angel Beats is certainly not without its flaws, including its melodramatic overtones and crude plot, this episode was powerful enough to have motivated some viewers to become organ donors and to pursue degrees in medicine.

>Katanagatari
>7/10

NANOMACHINES, TOKAKU!

I've always seen Space Dandy as a mixed bag of 5-11/10 episodes that evens out to a strong 7. The best episodes being
>Chameleonian
>Vacuum and Coffe Maker love story
>Alternate Dandies
>Dead Dandy
>Finale