Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Our boy Otto is on a roll.

mega.nz/#!8BlzwQwZ!00Zq0wANOzMnRNqrapER-Yux3pA3rHGMj7qQUxslcXM

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1w7bXOPbervXQxMEMZ_PGgg214Rq3NU6r8y4-HN-8qoQ/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1fRUxMDEJp0A-sQe_b1ye82z7RnXlyhZlCCuP91TwYvI/edit
rezero.wikia.com/wiki/My_Fair_Bad_Lady
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/a-heroic-tale-starting-from-zeroparts-418/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Summaryanon our saviour

>He even knows arbitrary english phrases.
Doesn't his (alleged) departure date precede the existence of some of the memes he understands?
>So where'd he pick up all his Japan knowledge then?
Memory fuckery from his Authority, from Flugel (Subaru).

Isn't it peculiar that the only Witches still alive are the one of "nonstandard" sins?

Fuck off, cancer.

Satella is still alive. Technically, so is Echidna.

The only one I know he recognizes in Red String of Fate. Pretty sure no one alive predates that. Other stuff is just simply recognizing what language Subaru is speaking.

Also, why add complexity and say 'Oh, he can't possibly be from Japan it makes so much more sense for Flugel to fuck with some guy 400 years later somehow through who knows what kind of bullshit than for him to also be from Japan which happens from time to time'

Al isn't even unique here, Kararagi likely was, Priscilla says there are others who at least claim to be, though most are bullshit, even Flugel might've been.

Its just one coup after another. When will this political discourse stop?

What are the chances Subaru is going lead the coup against Volkaia with Julius as his client/advisor?

>Nobody could understand Ram's feelings. That is, excluding the single man who had noticed her core disposition, and called for her like this—
>Ram: “He truly is an aggravating man, that Barusu. ...Not that even I understand why that is.”
>Ram harboured an indescribable feeling of aggravation when it came to Subaru.
>Call it visceral repulsion, or antipathy fostered over their time spent interacting, for the feeling probably did include such sentiments—but Ram inevitably had to think that this was ingrained in something deeper.
>Almost as if he were a detested foe, who had stolen something precious from her—that kind of baffling emotion was what Ram felt for Subaru.
>Ram nevertheless agreed to Subaru's invitation. His proposal shook things connected to her heart's deepest core to that incredible extent.

Does Ram blame Subaru for Rem's "death"?

She doesn't know about it, so no. She has lingering resentment from how she felt earlier, which was that Subaru was taking Rem away from her, which she has mixed feelings about. But without remembering Rem all she has are those vague feelings.

It's about the fact that by Rem falling in love with Subaru, he "stole" her from Ram, but she can't pinpoint it as the exact source of resentement as obviously the specific memory is suppressed.

But didn't Ram push those two together?

She was resigned to let Subaru help because its what Rem wanted, but it doesn't mean she really has to like him. And she does like him well enough, its just that he's changing the dynamic and that's always a little scary.

There is a difference of pushing those two together and being jealous of their intimacy user. They even but heads in the earlier arcs because of it. Though its more sister-in-law banter more than anything.

Hopefully Tappei manages to update the main story after volume 12 is done. According to the newest interview thing he was fairly busy, even now.

>[Subaru: I didn’t expect Rem longing for a date that much, even with my amazing eyes……]
>[Rem: Subaru-kun’s manly eyes are blind, so he wouldn’t expect it.]
>[Subaru: Rem-san you’re being unusually bitter! Sorry, it’s my fault, yes.]
>Subaru gets seen with a side glance, and he takes only a meek attitude. Then, in response to that interaction between Subaru and Rem
>[Kid: Subaru’s weak] [Kid: Subaru’s pitiful] [Kid: Subaru’s lame] [Kid:Subaru’s pathetic]

Rem is influencing the kids again

>Sitting next to people just because she wants to
Somebody stop this evil monster

Subaru was worse. They started with the 'Subaru words.' He's a terrible influence, rotting their young minds.

Subaru bullying needs to stop

He needs to make a Rigel to take the heat for him.

Subaru can always bully Rem's womb for revenge

so endearing

>Rem-san
This must have hurt Rem's feelings quite a bit.

Nah, its a habit of his when he feels hurt or socked.

>[Rem: ――You sure do love your wife.]
>――Rem-san!?
>That is what he says in his inner thoughts, disturbed enough to add on a “-san” honorific to her name. Rem steps into an unexpected minefield with about that much force.

Also the birthday chapter got translated

docs.google.com/document/d/1w7bXOPbervXQxMEMZ_PGgg214Rq3NU6r8y4-HN-8qoQ/edit

Just incase anyone missed it

Interview from a few days ago:
docs.google.com/document/d/1fRUxMDEJp0A-sQe_b1ye82z7RnXlyhZlCCuP91TwYvI/edit

>Incidentally, he also said that he enjoys having terrible things happen to his favorite characters. How cruel. Lol.
>From the way they were talking, it seems that it hasn’t even been decided yet if there will be a second season…?

>The combo of Reinhard and Felt are clearly positive rivals for the main character.
>Perhaps that means that Reinhard’s overwhelming sense of being the main character and Felt’s similarity to Cinderella will become a serious barrier to Emilia’s camp...?
>It seems that Rai and Fel will be active around Arc 9.
>Priscilla will probably be active around Arc 7.
>There will also be some discussion of the Vollachia Empire (an old rivalry?).

>The Pearlbarton siblings still have parts to play.
>A completely unpublished Kararagi route is planned, with no copy-paste. (it looks like it’s will be half serious, half heartwarming.)

Quick, get the beans before it sits next to somebody!

I don't want to think about what would happen after she scoots a little closer to the person she's sitting next to.

You know why he calls her EMT, right?
He's just shouting for one after her lard ass breaks his fucking spine.

I'm more angry about your attempt at a 'joke' though, that was awful

Volkaia and Lucigna go to war when?

Did Lemonwater ever finish translating the story with Liliana the bard? I'm just asking, because I'm currently getting something together for him, which takes place later in the timeline.

Apparently, it came to light that Rem unexpectedly has fangirl hobbies. Who would have guessed?

Sadly he hasn't finished it completely yet.

Ah right. Well, fun little thing. Apparently Subaru's male instincts don't like seeing Rem give a brilliant smile about a stranger.

Nani?

Was this stranger of the male genus?

>Apparently Subaru's male instincts don't like seeing Rem give a brilliant smile about a stranger.

Is this going where I think this is going?

Oh boy!

Who is up for another edition of:

The Authority of Gluttony Makes No Fucking Sense Whatsoever!

I'll get the ball rolling. How can someone have sealed "memories" of something if the authority is proven to otherwise have an effect on the world such as making letters completely blank?

Maybe it erases memories but doesn't erase the feelings associated with those memories? I mean, that's what happened to Arlam village and Petra.

Oh shit Subaru is treating his promise to Rem way too seriously.

Which implies that the events still happened, but somehow Rem's existence seals itself in memories.

And still doesn't explain how it would have any impact on the real world.

>Putting her hand to her forehead, Ram closes her eyes as she looks down.
>Ram: “Your luck is so poor, I cannot even feel sympathetic.”
>Otto: “So my misfortune detonated again even at this juncture, terrifying! Or actually, if you were aware of this beforehand, Ram-san, don't you think you would have contributed notably more to the effort if you had just informed me!?”
>Ram: “Ram-sama, surely?”
>Otto: “Why is it that everyone has to try kicking me down to the absolute lowest stratum!?”

I really like the banter of these two

Well if we are to assume "the world forgot her" it means that her existence is still there but the hard evidence of it has vanished. Kind of like footsteps on the sand that got washed away. Technically its still there even if you can't see it anymore.

No fucking clue. The name is too fancy for me to make any clear heads or tails of it right now.
A famous chef is going to be visiting the mansion. Rem is fangirling over how amazing they apparently are, before noticing that Subaru is starting to look a little angry.
Well, it's specifically his "male instincts" which are reacting poorly. His male instincts were also mentioned in relation to Rem in the Liliana story, if I recall.
>He was honestly happy with that expression of her deep affection, but Subaru was also a bit confused, as a part of male instincts.

>A famous chef is going to be visiting the mansion. Rem is fangirling over how amazing they apparently are, before noticing that Subaru is starting to look a little angry
>>He was honestly happy with that expression of her deep affection, but Subaru was also a bit confused, as a part of male instincts.

WEW
E
W

Let's hope he doesn't sperg on the chef

What's with the weird looking filter in that image?

Except her body is still there. Fully clothed, because someone, at some point, provided her clothes despite the fact that when Subaru woke up after she got whaled, her wardrobe was completely gone.

Maybe she wasn't completely erased? Maybe there is still a part of her that is ties to the world? Would that possibly be why that the feelings still exist?

Well, that's the line from Lemonwater's translation of the Liliana story.

The line from this one is noticeably stronger. He thinks it's a very rare and brilliant smile from Rem, but his male instincts find it unpleasant since it's directed at a stranger.

Well this isn't good

So basically, the power works in that it completely erases someone and effects the material world for plot reasons except when it needs to not have completely erased someone for plot reasons.

Which would mean the Authority of Gluttony is literally a power that relies entirely on the plot of the story it's actually in.

I hope they talk to each other more often in the series.

Its arc 2 Subaru, of course he's going to sperg.

It doesn't seem to affect people directly, which I guess includes stuff they have on them, maybe. Now, where did the nightgown they changed her into come from? Because even if it was left at the mansion, it should've poofed. We also don't know if she was actually naked when they found her, for all we know she was because it was largely glossed over.

Crusch's mansion presumably

Another chapter later after the whole fiasco in arc 4 gets done has Subaru imagine how it works.

Physical things that belonged to that person that may somehow indicate as to who they were are erased, but it does not affect other people physically, and the person does not lose all of their memories related to that person.

Ram for example could get some sort of feeling on something having happened a certain way if it's related to her, if it gets mentioned, the person becomes confused because they feel like it should have been that way, but at the same time their memory of that event gets replaced.

It's kinda like this, the more you talk about said person or you think about an event related to them, the more you'll forget them. So if they mention let's say Rem'm impact on Ram's behavior, or a specific event that relates to her way of thinking thanks to Rem, Ram would find it strange that she does indeed think that way, but can't remember what made her do so.

Chromatic Aberration because it's not cool.

Her not ending up naked isn't exactly a plot reason. The power works irritatingly, but relatively fairly, but has holes where nudity would be concerned.

Yeah, but its one of her nightgowns allegedly, and that should've vanished like the stuff in her room.

Why would Rem own a nightgown from Crusch's mansion

>Subaru becoming angry even in front of Rem

This shit is seriously no joke. But then, Subaru's jealousy was one of the factors that led him to his downfall in arc 3 so I'm not that surprised.

Got any more comic like that?
Love seeing shit that hasn't been covered/translated.

So how come entire armies were eaten by the Space Whale and people somehow remembered those?

That comic didn't actually happen in the story by the way.

Which side story is that? and where does it come from?

Because her stuff was at the mansion. They didn't drag everything Rem and Subaru owned on the whale hunting trip.

They didn't remember the people themselves, they remembered the number of people they were supposed to have per squad. The designed squad numbers would not be affected by their erasure, since they most likely choose the same number for all of them.

We also don't know if Rem didn't have her maid outfit erased. Since she had plain looking clothes when Subaru found her in the capital i assume it got erased, since i don't think anyone would have bothered to remove her maid clothing when she's in a coma.

>they remembered the number of people they were supposed to have per squad
How can this happen and people still think Subaru went into that forest alone as opposed to "with someone I can't remember"?

For one thing, the whale has plenty of ways to kill you that aren't fog. Most of those killed are by virtue of being a bigass whale.

Second, if you lose troops to the whale, but you then only remember bringing much fewer troops for no reason like an idiot, you know bullshit happened. Take a legion. If a legion is 100 guys exactly, but at the end of the battle you can only account for 84, you would assume some dumb shit happened and not that you retardedly led understaffed legions to go pick a fight with the White Whale.

Same thing for anyone who now can no longer remember their parent. Obviously they had one, their mother/father didn't conceive them from the ether.

Because that's the hasty conclusion their brain fills in. Its obviously easy to disprove. Convincing Ram that Rem is her sister and magic bullshit happened is as easy as pointing at her and saying 'she looks just like you and you only have 1 horn'

Because the events get arranged.

Think of it this way:

>Squad numbers get decided on early before the mission
>Every squad has the same numbers and the soldiers are aware of the erasure power
>Squads are now lacking in numbers from the number discussed, which implies that people got erased

As opposed to:

>Subaru and Rem go into the forest to save the children
>memory erasure happens and the events get changed to not mention Rem
>Subaru now most likely was given permission to go alone in the new memory and saved the children himself.

There was no pre-established thing they could have used to imply that Rem was there you see. While with the squad numbers pre-set, they don't directly involve them if they get erased, since the number was established already, and they had to remember it.

>Second, if you lose troops to the whale, but you then only remember bringing much fewer troops for no reason like an idiot, you know bullshit happened
Why wouldn't they think they only brought 84 people in the first place?

Yes but from Ram's point of view, she's just seeing her twin with one horn out of left field. She's not filling anything in because there's nothing to fill in.

I'm currently doing this one.
rezero.wikia.com/wiki/My_Fair_Bad_Lady

Lemonwater has an incomplete version of the Liliana one up.
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/a-heroic-tale-starting-from-zeroparts-418/

Anyhow, just got to a bit where Rem starts joking around with and teasing Subaru, because he's extremely gullible when it comes to her.

Oh, isn't that the one where the Elf "Dias " shows up?

What does Liliana have to do with this one though for you to be linking that one? I have read it myself. Is it related to the characters in it, or a sequel of sorts?

>Why wouldn't they think they only brought 84 people in the first place?
Because that's stupid and means they broke their military formation and training. You break down multiple squads and it gets even worse, bringing a legion with 84, one with 63, one with 10 and no commanding officer, etc. You were either drunk when making plans or the whale has magic bullshit.

>You were either drunk when making plans or the whale has magic bullshit.
It makes a lot more sense to assume that the Whale just bitch slaps people. The way the power has worked so far, I think people would assume they're drunk.

An error in military logistics is way more probable than Subaru soloing an entire forest of those demon thingies.

>What does Liliana have to do with this one though for you to be linking that one?
The story takes place afterward, that's all. There are also a few minor references to events in it, such as Rem's fangirl tendencies, and similar language used in places. In this case, I was just reminded of another point when "male instincts" were referenced in regard to Subaru's reactions to Rem.

That's why Ram says "it annoys me to say this, but you were the one most responsible for the eradication of the beats".

It's supposed to make up the most logical way the events went without the erased person. As for the military error it makes no sense.

Crusch was planning that for a while already, and was buying toons of iron for a while already, so she would have had prepared tactics against the whale and the erasing power.

At this point the stupidity is really too excessive to just be you making incredible blunders in military tactics. String it together with things like strangely low shipments of goods being received from trader groups who passed through areas near the whale, and other such accounts, and eventually it's going to click that the whale is doing the stupid bullshit.

>Crusch was planning that for a while already, and was buying toons of iron for a while already, so she would have had prepared tactics against the whale and the erasing power
And what's stopping a situation where she goes "I should have brought more people, this plan went awry" which, again, seems more likely than Subaru soloing a forest of baddies.

Well, Subaru brought Ram with him. So Ram thought she and Subaru were doing it together.

If the plan was clearly thought out, and the numbers were made exact for the explicit purpose of dealing with the whale, I think Gluttony could fail to completely cover it up quite easily. The power is far from perfect. With just the slightest hint, people are able to work things out. People can figure out that there must have been another maid at Roswaal's manor.

Because she brought mathematically stupid numbers of people that don't make sense for a military formation. They even point this out in the anime, squads basically do the buddy check and the leaders of those squads can report how many people they're missing, but in most cases couldn't name specific people because of the power. But they know the power is a thing and what happened.

Its harder to detect outside of that context, but in a strict military one it makes perfect sense. Multiple hunts have been brought against the whale. If the commander for any of them got erased it doesn't make any sense for a bunch of people to magically band to together and follow nobody into battle against the whale.

We had a bit of this discussion on 'What would happen if Roswaal was erased' and very quickly Rem and Ram would know bullshit happened because they know they're maids, they know they live in a big mansion, but they now no longer remember who they serve, but obviously they have to have served somebody.

As another factor, Ram would know she's been getting mana from somebody, but nobody she currently knows is capable of that. Even if her brain replaced Roswaal with Rem, Rem's wouldn't replace Roswaal with herself because she isn't capable of providing Ram with mana. So it obviously falls apart as there is a now unknown person who was fulfilling this role.

>they know they live in a big mansion
There shouldn't be a mansion, right? And how would they know they were maids? Wouldn't the clothes be gone too?

Yes, all of this checks out but it misses the point. The point is that at no point would people ever find out about the power when there are as many convenient explanations as is. Organized military? Nope, you fucked up.

As strong as the power to fill in holes in memory is, why wouldn't people come to a thousand other plausible explanations before that one?

>There shouldn't be a mansion, right? And how would they know they were maids? Wouldn't the clothes be gone too?
Why wouldn't there be? Roswaal owns it, but it doesn't identify him, the maid uniforms are their's.

>The point is that at no point would people ever find out about the power when there are as many convenient explanations as is.
Such as? You lead how many attacks on the whale over 400 years and every time you do people vanish completely. Concrete numbers of troops inexplicably are gone with every commander ever coming back with troop numbers that don't make sense, if there's even a commander they remember at all. Those military buddies? They find out they know some woman and her kids, but have no idea why they know this person or how they were introduced, and vise versa, oh, and those kids no longer have a father at all and the woman doesn't have a husband. They own a large two person bed, but she's never been with a man as far as she knows, but she has kids so obviously she has to have, but who then. And then the ability breaks down because it simply can't fill in the gaps like that, the power is essentially revealed.

>don't know if Rem didn't have her maid outfit erased
I just assumed that Ley destroyed her meido outfit while he was eating her
Regulus could also have done it

>since i don't think anyone would have bothered to remove her maid clothing when she's in a coma.
They might've removed it to heal her, because it was also damaged. I know Felix had to fix up her physical injuries, though who knows how bad they were.

>Regulus could also have done it
She'd be confetti if Regulus did it, and she's not of interest to him because she thinks about dudes and is therefore a slut.

>and she's not of interest to him because she thinks about dudes and is therefore a slut.
Regulus is truly the primal Sup Forumsnon

Bonus points because that family lives in a large-ish house they own, but the wife hasn't ever worked in her life and is just a housewife with inexplicably no husband.

Same thing if anyone of noble rank gets gone, suddenly those peasants don't have a lord, and can't remember having a lord since the previous one died/quit and for some reason no lord was ever put to replace them, but at the same time government stuff kept getting done because they remember that, just not who used to issue the edicts and orders.

Exactly.

The way the power works is as necessary for the plot. As soon as it comes under any scrutiny it crumbles.

None of the things you mentioned made any more sense than Subaru's funtime beast extermination episode. If the power is capable of forcing the human mind to fill in the gaps, they'll fill in the gaps.

Ram didn't know she had a sister until explicitly told, and yet from everything we know about her it's not that she just forgot Rem, it's that she was completely fine with the fact that Rem never existed in the first place despite all the contradictions. She never asked herself these questions, so why would even a military power ask them?

And given that they do, why would they jump through all these webbed off hoops to reach the correct conclusion?

It's not a damnation of the story. It's just one of those things that you just shove under your suspension of disbelief and keep going. So why do they poke that bear with scenes hinting that Ram REALLY DOES KINDA REMEMBER?

>because she thinks about dudes and is therefore a slut.
Regulus could have easily asked Ley to erase Rem's memories and made her be a virgin again. Seems to me that purity wasn't the only issue Regulus had with Rem. I mean she might have looked too plain and boring for Regulus's taste or something.

>The way the power works is as necessary for the plot.
>As soon as it comes under any scrutiny it crumbles.
But it does that IN the plot. These are the kinds of things that people know in the narrative itself that let them know what it is and what it does, and how Subaru is able to explain Rem/Julius/Etc.

>so why would even a military power ask them?
Because they literally have quartermasters that would ask this shit. If they didn't come back with a whale or even if they did, they would assess the damage, and when the damage is assessed at 'We lost nobody, but for some reason we didn't bring very many people to begin with, including core parts of the command structure' you know something fucked up happened.

>So why do they poke that bear with scenes hinting that Ram REALLY DOES KINDA REMEMBER?
She doesn't. But her feelings and other ancillary things are retained. If she tries to think about the memories the power actively eats them. She describes the feeling like having a hole in an hourglass, stuff is constantly pouring out of it. If you bring up Rem, people will start trying to remember things about Rem and those things will be promptly devoured and make the person uncomfortable.

Ram gets reminded that Subaru threw her at one point, and with no good explanation for why he could've done that her brain just kind of ignores it, but with a vague 'I do feel like something like that happened, but bugger if I know why and the memory is fuzzy'

Better Puck, better Petra, better Frederica, better Roswaal. Maybe better Emelia, probably better hair on Rem/Ram.

Yeah I'm really fond of that Roswaal.

>She never asked herself these questions,
Why would she be suddenly struck with them? Gluttony's power falls apart under scrutiny. This is what we're shown time and time again.

The thing is, people generally don't start scrutinizing it because their mind isn't instantly drawn to the things they've forgotten. You point out to Ram that she only had one horn, and she'd probably instantly get confused and start to wonder.

Also, you know, piles of clown plots going down in arc 4 so Ram doesn't really have time to sit down and start auditing her life to see if it makes sense. She instantly asks those questions as soon as she sees Rem's body.

What is the author saying in that pic?