There's lots of stories with normal people being transported to fantastical lands but why no stories of normal people...

There's lots of stories with normal people being transported to fantastical lands but why no stories of normal people gaining fantastical powers but staying in the normal world?
Not escapist enough?

>why no stories of normal people gaining fantastical powers but staying in the normal world
you're joking, right?

>no stories of normal people gaining fantastical powers but staying in the normal world?

This may be the dumbest post I've seen in all of 2017

I've never seen a story of someone turning into a lich and then living as an immortal hikkimori.

Nips have no taste at all.

The devil is a part timer is a pretty good example, I think.

Lurk moar then you fucking nigger

> why no stories of normal people gaining fantastical powers but staying in the normal world?
Not escapist enough?
7/8 bait.

There's actually a few manga about characters turning into zombies or vampires and then living as an immortal hikkimori.

Did you miss the "why can't we summon swords out of thin air in real life" UBW thread?

That's a fantastical person being transported not a mundane person gaining fantastical powers.

I have all type-moon related threads filtered

Link?

Ring man and his 5 wives?

Wait no fuck I remember, the one where the alien takes over the MC's hand! Or Tokyo Ghoul!

Those are fantastical worlds since there's aliens and ghouls running around.

What about one with mobile app giving people superpowers to kill each other?

Got me stumped man; a world where the MC was as benign as the world around him, then became fantastical, with nothing else changing? Tough bill to foot.

Inuyashiki if you removed one of the characters.

What is this?

>Inuyashiki
Ah, right. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else off the top of my head though.

Death Note maybe?????

There's the other death note and the super detectives. Light is also some baby genius sociopath.

Bakemonogatari?

Darwin's Game
MC starts as typical pathetic nip kid but quickly grows enough balls to shoot first in a mexican standoff.

gear 4th pissed off full of meat armament haki afro nightmare luffy when

Death games seem a bit different.

?

Jojo?

ultimate luffy form when is what i'm trying to say

Read and watch more, faggot.

Can't think of one eh?

This is a bad thread

Post more White Mage

Not him but off the top of my head Charlotte

Rec threads aren't allowed, and you're a moron for asking that anyway.

>The story takes place in an alternate reality where a small percentage of children manifest superhuman abilities upon reaching puberty.

Is it that bad?

That's literally every single character in MGRP.

wait shit
this isn't the one piece thread

Are you kidding?

That's a fantastical person coming not a mundane person becoming fantastical. Like Floor ni Maou ga Imasu.

Precure

Not normal world.

Where'd you get that picture? my boner wants to know.

That's a dumb-ass description. By that logic every story involving magic takes place in "an alternate reality where magic exists."

There's a difference between single character obtaining powers through plot device and having powers be a known thing in world to clandestine organizations. That's like Tokyo Ghoul or Ajin.