Not Jojo

So if someone wanted to write their own manga that has Stands, like Jojo, and inventive Stand Battles, like Jojo... but is its own original thing and not just some knockoff like Diesel... How would one go about doing that, besides coming up with a new name for the Stands?

>would one go about doing that, besides coming up with a new name for the Stands?
Writing and drawing?

>What is Big Order.

show me your spirit animal and I'll show you mine

They're not Stands, they're Sits. They're completely different.

They'd make Persona

Well, DUH! I know I need to write, I'm asking about the mechanics of such a thing. I've already decided on the unique different-from-jojos art style for the humans and stands, but should I keep the Stand Statistics, especially range and durability? Should I go RWBY and give everyone "Aura" and HP Bars that make fights less about inflicting wounds and more about inflicting damage?

>what is pokemon

True. Persona is the best Jojo game.

>but should I keep the Stand Statistics, especially range and durability?
Absolutely not. They don't mean shit by the end of the day

>Should I go RWBY and give everyone "Aura" and HP Bars that make fights less about inflicting wounds and more about inflicting damage?
I haven' watched RWBY but you could make it better. Take the degradation of stands and physical condition and improve it. Maybe use NEN from HxH as an inspiration.

>degradation of stands and physical condition
What?
Yeah, like that. People compare the two while liking both, but nobody calls one a shitty ripoff of the other and people loved it when it came out.
I was actually considering a type system, where Fire-Type Stands beat Plant-Type Stands and Light-Type Stands beat Ice-Type Stands and so on.

I worded it poorly - I mean how Stands and the user conditions are linked. If the Stand gets punched, the user feel it, etc.

Got it.

Would the Stand system be better if everyone's stand was one of eight/ten/eighteen types, and certain types were super-effective against other types regardless of their special abilities. For example, "My fire type stand that breathes fire also stops time for two seconds! It could destroy your grass-type stand that shoots auto-homing seed bullets and predicts the future for eight seconds without breaking a sweat!"

On one hand, the Persona games used a similar system, with supereffective attacks stunning the opponent for a turn and all, and it would simplify battles and give stands like hermit purple the ability to beat at least 2/10ths of the stand-using population, but... part of what made jojo good was the creativity battles had, how it was more than "Luckily, we have a water-type guy on hand to beat this asshole fire-type guy". Abilities having perfect counters was part of what made Bleach bad and worse over time, wouldn't a pokemon-style type system give it the same flaws?

You're not japanese. You can't draw manga.

I'd say no personally, depends how JoJo like you want it to be, cause a big thing with stands is how very few fights are ever just "my stand is better, I win."
And the cases where that is the case that I can think of are the main villain vs. characters that aren't the main JoJo
Also on the subject of stats that was mentioned earlier: I'd say have some kind of stats in mind to balance things depending on how JoJo like you want things, even if you don't ever mention the stats and you just use them as notes basically

I might not make it a solid rule where a fire-type stand cannot possibly beat a water-type stand ever, maybe just "Water-type star platinum needs more Oras to beat the grass-type The World". Or "grass-type stands tend to have plant-related abilities but no specific type has any advantages or disadvantages over the other".

I was also thinking of making EVERY stand a 3-act stand, but that might make it too Digimon-ish or enforce DBZ-style power levels.

You don't, you're a weeb shit with no talent and you're not japanese, your shitty libarts degree is just an excuse to live off your parents/the government for a couple more years because you know you'll never amount to anything on your own. You say you're creative because that's hard to measure and you've been measured in intelligence/athleticism and didn't make the cut, so creativity is the last thing you can cling to. You're basically worth nothing and not being aware of it makes you a net loss in society.

If you want some of the same style JoJo ones have I'd say don't have any type of advantage, but having types of stands would be fine but it might restrict design a bit.
As for act based stands, it depends on how you'd want to do them evolving.
JoJo style of, for example Tusk being linked to Johnny's knowledge of the spin, might be a bit tricky to do for all of your characters, and may feel a bit forced to have that development for every single character.
Not sure how Digimon works, I never knew much and all I can remember is some aren't permanent. If it was say Pokemon style (to give a different example) I feel like that only works in a game with levels. You could maybe do something like having stone evolution or tied to specific locations (eg. Leafeon, Probopass) depending on your plot, that could perhaps work and is kinda of simmilar to requeim stands. I say depending on the plot because then you have this added thing of searching for items or going to places.
I think it could be done without fucking up your power levels, but you would need to make sure you know what you're doing with it

Also, art style. Is Jojo's greek-statue-looking style all that important?

Nigger, how can I be a libtard when I voted Trump? Stop projecting onto random anons on Sup Forums and hit those fucking weights, bitch.

I'm not sure I want to introduce powerup artefacts or a race for them in the first arc. Maybe in the second?

Also, how can I get someone with hole-moving space manipulation powers similar to Johnny's while being different from him? I was considering a stand that punches a hole into something, rather than a user that shoots nails with moving bullet holes.