Animation Question

Question for Sup Forums here.

Is it possible to made animation entirely in digital? I mean no need for so many hand drawn process. And would the result be better?

what about this anime? I feel like its mostly 3D blended in 2D format. to save cost I think?

You're slow. There are fully digital shows already. Google Shingo Natsume.

hmm I see. The industry should have move entirely to digital.

No, that'd be terrible. Bring back handdrawn anime.

While that guy draws digitally, he's still animating by hand. What you seem to want are shows like western cartoons where they use puppet software to animate for the most part, it gives it that garbage Flash animation look.

Digital animation can still mean hand-drawn. Some animators already prefer to do hand-drawn animation using software such as Flash or Toonboom. GoHands uses CG backgrounds a lot but I think the 2D elements are still drawn on pencil and paper.

Shingo Natsume is a proponent of digital animation, but none of his shows have been fully digital. The infrastructure isn't widespread enough in the industry at the moment and only a handful of animators are comfortable and have the training to use digital animation tools.

No self respecting animator in japan uses Flash or Toonboom.

A lot of the first web-gen animators like Shingo Yamashita and Kenichi Kutsuna use Flash. Yamashita's version of Flash has been modified to make it more user-friendly according to Bahi JD.

If I'm not mistaken, Shinichi Kurita has used Toonboom and probably a few others that I can't recall have too.

All of them are shit, specially that poo in the loo bahi

Those days are over

Every anime from the last 15 years is digital in some way.

Bahi will be an animation legend on the level of Inoue, Okiura, and Iso. Just you wait and see.

It's the future.

The problem with 3Dcg animation is that it doesn't age well. You can watch a hand-drawn animated show from 30 years ago, and it will still be as good as it was then, meanwhile 3dcg from 10 years ago looks ridiculous.

I'm far from a 3D proponent, but the rate of technological advancement on that front is obviously not going to persist forever. And frankly, it's not like anyone watched Gankutsuou or something and thought the 3D looked good.

CGI that doesn't go for a photorealistic look tends to age better.

This is the power of digital animation

Handshakers is modern art

Rip the era of hand drawn animation, those were the days.
Animefags just aren't ready for full CG yet, but pretty much everything is digitally drawn nowadays.

Actually, digital animation is just only beginning to pick up in recent years. A lot of key animation is still done on paper since many companies have yet to purchase the necessary hardware and software to fully support digital animation.

truly art

That looks fucking terrible.

Better get used to it since future anime will use a similar approach.

Somehow I can't even get mad when it's GoHands. It's just too expected.

Fact: Kumeta Kouji is a digital-only mangaka

No wonder his art sucks.

I wouldn't mind if they could afford dreamworks tier animation, but have the background render using more tradition 2D palettes. The real cost is in the time needed to first model everything and then animate each. There's a reason those movies are 90 minutes and tend to be 2+ years apart. My core dislike of CG is that humans are still incredibly plastic, anime jumps over this hoop by having very unrealistic proportions in the first place and using a single tone (most of the time) for skin.

Who knows what it could be like in 10 years, 3D characters and background, flatted to look 2D but produces amazing choreography.